[PRP] Just Keep Swimming (Kuval + Pakpao) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 8:54 pm
She took a step closer to where he was standing, suddenly feeling awkward with the dryness her skin was becoming. She hadn't been out of the water for this long before, and it was rather... frightening. Would she be able to survive without water for more than a few seconds? She had never tried before, but if Kuval was able to go days without it, according to his story, then perhaps she would be able to as well?

Still nervous, she huddled up closer to him, looking down at her hooves to make sure the sticky sand had indeed fallen from her legs and hooves.

"I'll... I'll just follow you," she said, uncertain of what the large kelp plants ahead of them had in them. Was that were the land dwellers were from? Or was there more to the surface than sand and plantlife?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 9:06 pm
What was this? Kuval usually would react with an obnoxious comment, with some sort of mixed in attitude. It was strange to see Pakpao huddling up by him so much, and being all.. girly! But, it was rather cute to see Paku relying on him so much, and if anything, he was enjoying it too much. It was a nice dip of attention.

"Let's just head this way," he then said, motioning for her to stray left.

"We can also stay by the moving current, so you will know you are close to water at all times." But then, he strayed away from her, only to pick up a twig in the ground. "I don't know this area at all so, I think we should do this.. I used to do this in forests, by the way." And he turned his head over and flipped the large twig so that it rested in the sand, while standing straight up since it was dug in.

"Now I will know which way to return by finding this randomly placed twig, though it seems I could always just turn around on a straight path... I suppose its better to be safe if anything." Even he knew there was no room for stupidity when on the land.

Tweekend

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:14 pm
She followed alongside him, like a rainbow shadow. If she wasn't so bent on worrying over her waterless atmosphere, she'd berate herself for being too needy. But self-preservation came first, and if she had to depend on Kuval for support, she would. After all, he wasn't nearly half as bad as she originally had seen him as being. In fact, he was a rather fun guy to be around. A tad bit overly flirtacious and goofy, but that's what made him lovable. Wait... lovable?

She glanced over at the water beside him and stared at it. It seemed so odd, seeing the ocean from the other side. It was like a flat surface, but one you could see through. Pakpao continued to stare at the water as Kuval moved away to leave himself the twig marking.

She gave him credit... the twig idea was pretty ingenious. Perhaps there was even more to Kuval than she had imagined. It was interesting, seeing this side of him.
"Do you suppose there are land dwellers lurking around here?" she asked hesitantly, her own eyes glancing around for any signs of life.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 6:56 am
"Naw," he then said, sensing some nervousness in her voice. "They don't hide like creatures in the ocean do. They are much more curious then we are cautious, so you'd be shocked at how easily they would bother us." with a light laugh in his voice, he was glad he knew all of these things about such stupid creatures.

"I know there are some that exist out here, that are cruel and blood thirsty, but I have NEVER seen them dwell on the beach. If anything, they lurk deep in the forest, so I think for now we are quite alright. We must be far off on a beach that many don't dwell to, but that's fine with me."

When he finally started paying attention to his surroundings, he was able to notice that the beach was pretty.. out there. Even the grass that seemed to dwell in the distance seemed bare and treeless. It probably wasn't the most popular of a place, but that meant that he and Pakpao could wander however they wished. "Hm it must be weird for you to see all of these trees, they are much different then what we have underwater."

Tweekend

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:10 am
Land dwellers or not, Pakpao still felt better walking next to the water's edge. Kuval could be right; there may not be land dwellers around for miles. But she wasn't going to take any chances, just in case. She had thrown caution to the wind once before, and look where it had landed her. Homeless and full of heartache. Merlocks and two-leggers looked so similar anyhow, save for the fins and legs. She bet they were related closely together by personality as well.

Her mind snapped back into the conversation when Kuval questioned her. "Trees?" she asked, unsure. Where trees the tall green and brown Kelp plants standing up so high in the sky? "You mean those long kelp plants?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:49 am
"Kelp, what?" he chuckled, and looked at her with a silly grin. "Those are trees, they give out oxygen for the stupid land dwellers because they are too weak to be able to breathe without it." He turned to look at a few trees again and pondered something for a moment. "There are all different types of breeds of trees as well, and in their own little way I suppose they are alive. Sort of like the plants we see in our ocean."

So wait, did that mean that this place out of the water.. really wasn't as different as he thought?

The stallion was now a bit conflicted, since he had always told himself how different the areas were from each other. He looked up for a moment to see a flock of birds moving across the sky, and he sighed while in a strange thought.

"Some land dwellers can fly, and I find that annoying. Flying looks awesome.." he then said, while spacing out and on a random note.

Tweekend

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:58 am
So those weren't kelp plants after all. How interesting! How... exotic. Pakpao wanted to see more of those kinds of things while wandering above the surface. She had always enjoyed watching and admiring the multitude of plantlife under the water, so she most definitely wanted to do the same above!

The loud cawing caused Pakpao to shoot her head up, and some tiny dots were apparently swimming in the sky. How was that possible? Did that mean Kuval could swim in the sky as well, with the fins he had? And what were those creatures? She had never seen the likes of them before, and it intrigued her.

"Well," she commented dryly, her nervous expression finally cracking to give him a sly grin, "Some animals can swim in the ocean with fins and I find that awesome."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:08 am
He was dragged out of his doze off, and he turned to look at Pakpao. "That is always going to bother you, isn't it?" With a concerned look, he quirked a brow and tried to guess what she was thinking. "But don't you see, why flying is awesome?" he nosed his face up to the sky again. "Underwater, we can float and and sink, but when you are in the air, its like a whole different element. Those white things look so soft, it'd be cool to actually touch them.." then bringing his face back down, he continued to watch ahead of them like before. "But anyway, what you want me to give you my fins or something?"

What that an insecurity for Pakpao or something? It confused him so, because she still was able to dwell on the ocean floor.

Insecurity wasn't his forte really, so he found it hard to connect with her on those levels.

"I don't know what else we will find here.." he then said, until suddenly a grove of flowers was in the distance. That's right! She had never seen flowers!

"There is something wonderful up ahead, I am sure you will like them." he then said, with a sneaky grin. Pakupao seemed to also hate her coloring, but maybe seeing flowers would change that!

Tweekend

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 9:57 am
She stared at him for a moment, then shook her head. "Your fins would look horribly silly on me, wouldn't you think?"

Her indigo eyes went back up to watch the flying beasts up in the sky, and there was a minute or two of silence before she continued, "In a sense, yes, that's always going to bother me. While I might be able to float, I'll always sink, and never actually swim. It's the one thing that truly set me apart from the other Kelpi... and it hurts. Hurts to know that I would never be as fast, never be as productive, never be as good as them. So don't you think I have a right to be bothered?"

She attempted to smile, to pretend that it really didn't matter. After all, she should appreciate what she already had, right? And there was no point in getting emotional over it... whining wasn't going to fix anything, now was it?

Her ears perked as he mentioned the wonderful thing up ahead. Curious, her eyes darted forward in search of the surprise. "What is it?"

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 10:56 am
He was going to continue on speaking about her fins, but then he realized it was better to drop the subject completely. Besides, the female's expression changed when he spoke about something wonderful that was going to be in view soon, and he found it better to dwell on that.

"There is one good thing about this land.." he then said, with a mysterious smirk. He tried distracting Pakpao with speaking, because just on their left side, a grove of flowers was to be seen in the grass. "There is something called flowers, and each is individual and unique, having all sorts of breeds and colors." and with that, he moved his body so that they grove was now in view for Pakpao. "These are flowers. Aren't they delightful?" The colors were vast, with bright reds and blues and yellows, swarmed with purple spots and white speckles.

He moved a few steps away from her so she could observe for a moment on her own, and he walked along the edges of the flowers, putting his nose in a few carefully. "Over here, there is no water, there is only grass. It will be nice, because its not like sand, it doesn't cling to you in anyway." And in a playful boot, the stallion fell onto the ground and rolled himself into the grass. "Grass is also a favorite of mine, it is so cool and itchy. Flowers also smell amazing, so just have fun and explore." And with that, he rollover over back and forth once more, before finally bringing his body up to smell at the lovely flowers.

Tweekend

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 12:18 pm
Kuval looked as if he had something else to say, but he held his tongue. Pakpao was curious as to what it was, but she wasn't going to pry if he didn't want to mention it.

She listened intently as he spoke of these 'flower' things. They seemed interesting enough, but when Kuval took a step away, exposing what they really looked like to her, Pakpao was breathless. How in the world something so beautiful could live outside of the ocean, she didn't know, but it only took a moment or two before she found her muzzle lowered down within them, inhaling their sweet floral scent.

The mare listened to her companion's words as she enjoyed the soft touch of the petals against her scaled cheek. They were beautiful, and so colorful at the same time!

She had been so distracted with the flowers that she almost had forgotten she was now standing on the kelp blanket spread across the land. So this was 'grass' that Kuval spoke of? It really was soft to the feel, unlike the grainy sand she was so used to walking upon.

The rainbow mare couldn't help but laughed as she turned back towards him to see him rolling around in the grass. It was a silly sight, such a big kelpi rolling around where there was no water. Silly, but sweet at the same time.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 3:03 pm
Her silence must have meant that she was pleased with the flowers, and Kuval took that as a positive thing "So, now you can see that the outside world isn't completely awful." He was happy showing her some of the simple pleasures that made him happy constantly, because at first he was nervous at what her reaction would be like.

Now he knew, that she was more open-minded then he thought!

"It must be nice to stray away out of your territory." he then said, with a light chuckle. "I told you there was more out there to see, sometimes you just.. need a shove a suppose." And he would happily be that shove!

He nosed his way through some flowers and tried to determine which sent was his favorite. Finding a red flower that smelled the sweetest, he picked it up and walk towards Pakpao. "My lady, may I?" and without even waiting for an answer, he placed the flower by Pakpao's ear. "It looks lovely on you!" A true princess she was!

Tweekend

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 4:13 pm
She was too busy nuzzling the flowers to notice Kuval rise from where he was laying. Had she the heart, she would have quickly snapped back some quippy comment about extending her territory, but she didn't care at this point. This world was so beautiful.. it was hard to believe that such a place existed among crude and vulgar creatures like the land dwellers.

Finally, she noticed movement coming from his direction just in time to see him offering a pretty red flower towards her. Speechless, she didn't say a word as he tucked it in behind one ear, and her cheeks reddened a bright scarlet hue as he complimented her.

"I don't do the flower justice," she quickly argued, but trotted over to the ocean to glance at her reflection. For a moment she didn't look back at herself and see her flaws... instead, she saw a smiling mare with a beautiful flower nestled between her fin and ear. It was a wonderful feeling.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:03 pm
He saw her smiley expression after she was convinced how pretty she looked from the waters reflection, and he gleamed happily as she walked back towards him. "I am glad you see how pretty you look too! The flower matches nicely to your lovely face." The words were coming out naturally this time, and he wasn't using his usual 'smooth talk' that he did when he was acting obnoxious. Instead, he felt content just being.. normal.

It was also a delight to see Pakpao's face flush up, and he chuckled to himself in hopes of bringing out that face again sometime.

He walked away from her only to smell at the flowers again. Something caught his eye, when he noticed a yellow and black thing flying around. "What the heck is this thing? They are all over the flowers.." Apparently he still had a LOT to learn about the outside world, and he sniffed at one before noticing it get angry back. "Little buggers.." he then said, with a light laugh.

Tweekend

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 5:45 pm
It seemed like a typical phrase Kuval might use on a female, but Pakpao didn't care. He was a rogue, and she had come to find that attractive in him, despite her earlier judgement of him. What was not to like in that lovable stallion who thought of others before himself?

Still smiling, she turned to watch him trot off, curious as to why he was exclaiming. Making her way back towards the flowerbeds, she too noticed the buzzing creatures, and her head tilted curiously.

"Do you think they're friendly?" She asked, hesitantly, before taking a step backwards away from the flower patch. They were too busy flying around for her to get a good look at them, but she could have sworn to have seen a sharp edge on at least one of them.

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff