Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]
Jade Legacy [L5R 3eR] - Act 2 Chapter 1: Daiippo/First Step Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sutiiven

Dapper Conversationalist

5,150 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:29 pm
Quote:
@ Everyone Else:

By the time you start heading back to the house where Miyako was left at, one of you stumble upon a metallic rock in the ground. Upon examination in the moonlight, you recognize it to be the helmet of Kaiu Kagae. A broken branch nearly as thick as a forearm lay nearby, but otherwise, there is no sign of your companion.

Hisashi would pick up the helmet from the ground and glance at the branch next to it. Putting two and two together, he would utter a single word:

"Kuso."  
Tei Kae rolled 9 10-sided dice: 6, 9, 4, 3, 2, 10, 9, 1, 6 Total: 50 (9-90)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:40 pm
Miyako just smiled, a flat smile that did not reach her jade green eyes. "Oh, I didn't say that. How unkind, to be putting words into my mouth." Her lips flattened as she debated so many possibilities of what to do with him.

"I'm sure you would be more comfortable. But you have laid it before me in acknowledgment of wronging my clan. Even worse, you have also claimed the family name of my yojimbo in deeds they would not claim." She wanted to watch him squirm at she listed off his crimes. "He is rash and a bit protective of me and of his family's name. I would perhaps suggest you explain quite well what was done here before he comes back and I would be obligated to tell him everything." Her hand did not leave the hilt and she was prepared to use it if she had to.

[Courtier/Awareness/Manipulation = 7k4 +3 = 35 + 3 = 38
Raise to emphasis the right words to make him think the worst possible scenario when Kojiro comes back]  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:02 pm
"I am willing to take your urges for caution as proof of your identity, Bayushi-san."

Denbe eyed him strangely, but not suspiciously. The story seemed difficult, though at least he could... act without acting? He would not think about it, he'd just be open about who he was. If the Scorpion's lie would leave someone misled advantageously while he did so, then he could only hope it would help with their mission. He could simply neglect to argue that point out unless it became a serious issue.

"I... will keep that in mind."

The bushi didn't like the sounds of it though. He knew very well by the time that he could run to the Kaiu estate, and back with any sort of help, his fellow wardens would be long past the point of needing rescue, barring that they should be taken as hostages. He had no intention of rabbiting at a glance of danger, but there was some wisdom to it. Should things go from bad to worst, best that the Wardens not also disappear in this area without any word.

He was finally starting to feel like they had it all coming together like a decent unit, when they got a bad bit of news.

Or lack there of.

"I think perhaps we should worry about Kagae after all," Denbe said, as he picked up the helmet and looked at it carefully to be certain. He stared at it almost accusingly for a moment, and then turned to the other samurai, looking about them.

"If this is what it looks like, it could be bad. I'm going to try and find a trail on Kagae," hopefully where he went after foolishly discarding his helm and stomping on sticks, or else where he or his body was dragged to. "One of you, please come with me. The others, go and make certain Shosuro-san is safe."  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:55 pm
@ Miyako's Scene:

"I suppose I could, but couldn't we just stare into each other's eyes for a while, saying everything but speaking nothing? You have the most lovely eyes."

Iwao resists with Deceit (Seduction)! An impressive 28, but not enough to beat a modified 33.

Seeing that it probably wasn't going to take, he would give Miyako an awkward smile. "I was planning on telling you everything to begin with, if you didn't notice. You see, there's this ronin bandit named Kuemon that has been terrorizing the area with a group of heavily armed individuals. The Crab were too spread thin after the decades of war, and assistance to this village was a huge pile of bullshit bureaucracy and evaded responsibility. I was the only one willing to stand up to these people, but I couldn't do it alone; however, my former Clan would not render assistance, even at my request."

"Throwing my honor to the wind, I declared myself ronin as well, and acted under my own guidance, and no one else's. Since I didn't have an army to fight Kuemon and his bandits with, I made one. One of smoke and mirrors, of duplicity and deception. I've been holding off the bandits on my own for weeks now, but they've finally began pushing back, and I was in fear that my tricks would not keep this village safe any longer."

With a sigh of... relief?... Iwao let out a smile. "Luckily, the Fortunes would have you arrive on this eve, to turn the tide of battle. Even by simply BEING here, you're reinforcing my tactics, and it might buy me enough time to perhaps get rid of them for good. For that, I'm grateful, even if the gesture was unintended." Iwao would bow his head to Miyako.

"I only now pray to the Fortunes that Kuemon's bandits do not overhear anything from your companions that can be used against us."  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Plainsfox

Romantic Paladin

10,600 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 6:57 pm
@The Place Where Kagae got Knocked Out

"I am acting as Shosuro-san's yojimbo. I should return to her. The rest of you could go after Kaiu-san. You showed a canny eye in the archery contest, Hisashi-san. Perhaps you should follow him?"

Kojiro started to head back towards the village. "The choice of where to go is yours, Zanzen-san, but I daresay they might need you more.....but if you insist on following me, I won't stop you."  
Psychofish rolled 8 10-sided dice: 2, 8, 10, 3, 9, 7, 6, 1 Total: 46 (8-80)
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:54 pm
Denbe frowned, but nodded.

"As you will, but let's decide quickly. If I can follow him, I'd like to do it before our companion has more misfortune befall him."

Denbe would bend over to examine where the helm had lain, and look about the ground, trying to keep himself low to the ground and quiet while he attempted to tell which way the Crab had been taken. It wasn't his strong suit, but someone had to start looking.

[3k2 Perception/Hunting(Tracking): 23]
[5k4 Agility/Stealth(Sneaking): 25]

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 5, 4 Total: 9 (2-20)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2011 7:56 pm
[BIG FLOPPY EARS: 15]  
Mongooseh rolled 2 10-sided dice: 10, 2 Total: 12 (2-20)
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:13 pm
(Raw stamina vs tn 15 2k2 Result: 19 )  

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
Mongooseh rolled 2 10-sided dice: 7, 8 Total: 15 (2-20)

Mongooseh

Distinct Raider

8,825 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2011 2:14 pm
(splodey with another dice for extra hard splode)  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:42 am
Miyako frowned, but it was quickly followed by a smile; a genuine one this time. She had to appreciate a man going outside the bounds of what was 'proper' in order to do what was 'right'. That more than anything else, turned her mood and her appreciation of his looks. Even if it might end up being foolish.

"You can take back your sword as long as you swear not to use it against me or mine. We are here on businessby request of Kuni Raicho and a few others. I can only hope that our business is not intertwined in some unhonorable way."
She gave him a look that was partially skeptical but not unpleased either.  

Tei Kae

Distinct Genius

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:25 pm
Psychofish
[3k2 Perception/Hunting(Tracking): 23]

UNLUCKY

Psychofish rolled 3 10-sided dice: 8, 6, 10 Total: 24 (3-30)
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:30 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

[3k2 Perception/Hunting(Tracking): 19]  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Psychofish rolled 2 10-sided dice: 1, 1 Total: 2 (2-20)

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:30 pm
[Explosion: 11]  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:33 pm
"I think I'll stick with you for now. If we need to find the others, I'll look for anyone that's been kicked into submission."  

Raganui Minamoto

Distinct Prophet

[L5R 3eR] Jade Legacy --- --- --- --- [Closed]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 56 57 58 59 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games