Welcome to Gaia! ::

Black Company: The 10 Year Old Guild - CLOSED

Back to Guilds

Thanks for all the memories, everyone. 

Tags: Role Playing, Mercenary, Technomancy, Magic, We are the champions, deal with it 

Reply Black Company
The universal location thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

B i n a R a b b i t

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:19 am
-A parasite.

-Something that could go away, but wouldn't.

-Like a tapeworm, hidden, and feeding.

Morgana, the first child. Lilith, the second.

Oh, the days of when she was a child, and would run through the barley fields her father had owned. Laughing, playing with the poor children.

All came to a halt the night her uncle visited. Yes, Winston, the man dressed in the dark shadows of the night. Rayn, her mother had been slain outside, while her uncle had tapped the door offering treats, and play. It would come to a blur in her mind, the laughter swimming in her head. Or what there was of it. Morrigan had awoken. A blackened soul torn apart thrice times by the devil, and burned by god.

It was here, in this black pit she would lay. Not as how she would be, but how she was in the days of old. Years had been lifted from her appearence, she was human, a young Rigidl. Mortal. Not the Morrigan we knew, but the Morgana playing in the fields. Alone she was, shivering, cold, and only a blanket to cover her child form.

A demon known to some, an angel to her father. A lover to some, and many of which she killed.

Morgana would look up into the rain, water pouring onto her face, and washing away the mud. Curled into a ball, and unaware of where she was.

"Where... am... I?" she would speak, her mouth forming the words, and wanting an answer.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:21 am
No answer would come.

Dead silence, then the smell of water.

Morgana would turn about in her cramped state, looking about with weary eyes.

"Mama? Where am I?"

Confused, and in many thought, the girl would reach about her frantically, pulling at the walls of her hole. It did not matter how much she clawed away, the only way out was up.

Seaside waves would come crashing to the shore, almost as thunder.

B i n a R a b b i t

B i n a R a b b i t

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2008 4:07 pm
Morgana's head felt hot, almost searing in pain.

Most of her memories had come to her in the form of a child. However, due to the fact Kobei had a few things she needed, it was taking longer to transfer her soul into the body.

Morgana would writhe around in the mud, screaming.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 24, 2008 10:39 pm
Confusion, anger, the innocence of all of it.

Morgana had found her strength, and started to rise from the pit, her thin hands finding ways into the wet walls that contained her. Pulling hard, and shoving her feet into the earth as she went, she climbed her way out, and onto the soft, and muddy ground.

It kept raining where she lay, upon the sacrificed carcass, and upon the knife that lay beside her. Maggots would write about, finding thier way, this and that.

Days it seemed she was inside that hole. Days of pain, and fear.

B i n a R a b b i t

Mistress Viper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:42 pm
Abandoned Serpent’s Temple

A crashing can be heard in the temple and a furious scream echoes off all the walls.

Damn it!!!! All this time And I haven’t learned anything about what I am.

She had found the temple after torturing the last serpent priest she had captive. His information lead her to the last serpent temple known to have written scrolls on their beliefs, their teachings and even on their most powerful and forbidden magic’s.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 2:12 pm
Throwing the last scroll in a pile with all the others she’s memorized, her scowl turns into a devilish smile.

That’s the last of them. I went through and memorized every last one. Even the hidden ones under the gods’ statue.

She picks up a lantern and smashes it on the pile of scrolls causing it to go up in flames. The flames spread to the rest of the temple and surround her but she doesn’t move. She will wait to see every last piece of this damned religion go up in flames. The flames lick her cloths and ignite them but she doesn’t flinch the flames don’t seam to hurt her. Eventually the fire burns through all the supports and brings the temple crashing down on her.  

Mistress Viper

Mistress Viper

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
The fires have died down and the smoke seams to be clearing. There is nothing but ruble and ash everywhere. Suddenly in the middle of the debris there is a burst of energy that clears a large part of the rubble. Viper stands their naked, all her cloths burnt up but she is unhurt only ash covers her body.

Maybe I went to far again. Now I have to find a new place to sleep and figure out what I am going to do next. Hmmm… wasn’t there a town or city in that valley?

She jumps to the top of a large bolder, where she can get a better view of the valley bellow. She is able to focus in on the shining chrome city.

Something tells me that’s where I should go next.

She leaps down off the bolder and lands near a wood chest that she had left a few yards away from the temple, I am it were her cloths, weapons and money she knew she would need. As she finished dressing by putting on her cloak and hiding her serpent blades she begins her walk down the mountain towards The Citadel.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:24 am
Undisclosed Location:

Deep within the planet's crust, an undisclosed depth beneath the earth, Tegral casually walked through sterile white corridors with Kah at his right hand. Everything felt so confining, the walls seeming to close in around him, and suddenly remembered he use to be claustrophobic. His laughter bubbled up from out of no where. He use to be claustrophobic, before he was given a body that could literally be buried alive and have the strength to push his way out. Now, back in his organic form, he couldn't help but laugh at the irony of it all, he who'd instilled fear across the galaxy was afraid of a confining room, oh man he was so glad Kah couldn't access his thoughts.

If the laughing phased Kah she gave no sign of it. Sure she thought the Admiral was losing it a bit, but then again he deserved a little insanity after everything he's been through.

"Is the Chrono-arch ready for it's firing?" Tegral asked as they passed a spotless sliding glass door.
"Yes sir, the Chrono-arch is reading a ninety-nine point nine eight seven percent power efficiency with a ninety-nine point nine nine percent probability of contact." Kah responded, accessing her on board computer banks loaded with the base's specs. Recently constructed, recently being however long ago KB flipped his rocker and mutinied against Tegral, the base served only two real purposes before now. First and foremost was Tegral's experiments, literally hundreds of them lay in a state of dormant slumber as power was directed away from them into the Chrono-arch's main flux coils which would provide the necessary jolt to create the rip in space and time that would allow Tegral to move his forces anywhere in the known galaxy with sufficient mass to handle the sudden rend in reality, IE any planet roughly the same size of Mars.

"Excellent." Tegral said and returned to his solitary thinking.

Kah received a messaged shortly after Tegral silenced himself. "Sir. Rookin is reporting at the facilities trans-pads."

"Send him to the Chrono-sphere." He ordered.

Having sent the message Kah picked up on Rookin's message, mostly about where he had been but also one, critical, piece of information Tegral missed because he wasn't in his usual form. A wicked smile passed over the cyborg's lips as she felt a strange bounce enter her steps.

--

Within the Chrono-Sphere lay what amounted to a giant arch that rode up one end of the sphere and down the other, creating a portal in which whole platoons of soldiers could walk through together or massive artillery pieces propelled through. It was there Rookin found Tegral, standing at the center of the room and looking up.

"It's magnificent, isn't it?" Tegral called to Rookin, not having looked down from the strange trance he was in. "My whole life I've been designing weapons and tools for war, but none of them ever seemed to make me feel accomplished, but this!" Flinging his hands to either side he finally turned to Rookin, eyes locked with his, "Is the start of something great for me. I finally, finally, get to go back to being me! No more Tegral! Do you understand what that means for me, Rookin?"

"No, sir." Rookin responded dutifully and started walking towards the Admiral.

"It means no more death, no more war. I can start fresh, and farm again. I use to be a farmer, you know." Tegral paused as if unsure of what he just said, "Or my parents were farmers. I can't really remember anymore." So many years, so many lives. Memories seemed to fight one another in Tegral's skull, who'd dumped many of his more 'sentimental' memories for valuable data storage space for his experiments. "Maybe I could settle down and have a family. I always wanted to be a father."

Rookin, who's closest thing to a father was Tegral himself, nodded but otherwise remained silent.

Lowering his arms Tegral's voice took on a more serious tone. "Second Commander Rookin!" Like a cannon erupting in the dead of night Tegral's voice echoed throughout the chamber, "It is my great honor to present to you the command of all forces under me."

Rookin knelt smoothly, the tradition having been unchanged in more than a thousand years, felt Tegral place his hand on the back of his head and began to pray.

"General Commander Rookin, as my final act," Tegral requested, including Rookin's new formal rank, "I ask that you honor my wishes and remove all forces in the Black Company and destroy this base once everyone has passed through the Chrono-Arch.

Here it was, the moment he'd been dreading. Opening his eyes Rookin slowly began to stand, Tegral's hand falling away. "With the greatest respect, Tegral." Careful to omit his rank, after all he wasn't an Admiral anymore, "I must decline your request." Fury filled Tegral's eyes and Rookin was glad that he wasn't in his cybernetic form.

"What?!" Tegral exclaimed, and saw Kah from the corner of his eyes.

"The bulk of the forces shall be removed, as per your desire for a peaceful existence here in the Black Company, but because of reasons I deem necessary a small force, Kah, and myself shall remain behind with the base active in case a strong military backing is needed." Standing his full height Rookin looked down at Tegral but felt incredibility tiny.

Tegral didn't say a word, after all what could be said? Rookin held command of the forces and could very well go on the war path if he wanted too. No, instead of saying anything Tegral left, his brooding fury as cold as the heart of winter.

Rookin felt alone for a minute despite Kah, who'd moved to place a supportive hand on his shoulder.

"Ready the Chrono-Arch." Rookin ordered, "Prepare to move the designated soldiers through the arch way and bury those damn B.G. 41's somewhere no one will ever find them, but make sure we can get to them if we need to."

The B.G. 41's were much to large to fit in the base, let alone through the Chrono-arch. Hell, most of the armed forces were currently scattered and would have to be joined in a designated location before the Chrono-Arch could create a gateway off the planet.

"Yes, General Commander." Kah responded, saluted, and moved to obey. It was strange not having Tegral around anymore.

A Broken Husk

Jim Hensley

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:10 pm
Undisclosed Location:

-Thunk-Thunk-Thunk-Thunk-

Steady, rhythmical, thunks of metal on wood resounded through the seemingly endless stretches of forest that engulfed the Black Company in a never ending sea of flora. A small clearing had all ready began to take form, it's smooth mulch covered floor interrupted by a cluster of tree stumps and a pile of logs - it's branches having been cut from the main trunk and piled in an additional stack off a little distant - that would eventually become the walls of Tegral's new home. Thoughts whirred like lightning through his mind, racing one another and never seeming to connect, rage bubbled through his body and he redoubled his efforts to fell the great tree. It was anger that drove him to start building, he needed to vent his anger on something and these trees were good enough plus it would serve an actual purpose, more than an actual desire to have a place to live. His assault shuttle, which crouched a few hundred yards away in the only clearing he could find close to his position, would have made a fine enough place to sleep for the time being.

"Tegral?" Rookin's voice sounded off in the distance, his active scanners looking for Tegral's electrical emissions that were no longer there, having figured the Admiral would use his mechanical form before his biological to complete the task.

Tegral said nothing, instead he focused on his work. The b*****d Rookin had no purpose coming here, no reason to come looking for him. He'd given the man command of the army, told him he was done with fighting, and yet still the ******** monster came looking for him. It was only a few short minutes before Rookin managed to find Tegral, his computer taking the location of the sound source and pointing a big glowing arrow at Tegral.

"Tegral, listen to me." He said as he came into visual range, "I told you I can't withdraw the -" Rookin never got a chance to finish what he was saying. Tegral's active weaponry came online, ECM reaching out and stabbing into Rookin's CPU, and like a tidal wave surging through the ocean a wave of plasmic flame turned the air black with it's power. How had Tegral managed to mask his energy emissions? The Arcane Generator would have been blazing like a god damned spot light in the dark, the same with the fusion reactor that powered that exact weapon which slammed into Rookin's breast plate and sent him flying through the trunk of a tree and into a ground.

Seconds seemed to pass like hours in Rookin's mind as his instincts rushed to take control, his mind utterly confused. Tegral had just...attacked him! Damage control raced to ensure that no vital systems were damaged by the attack, luckily Rookin was built like a damn juggernaut and the damage wasn't anything fatal.

Turning to face his once Second in Command Tegral snarled an inhuman, mechanized, sounds and slowly began to stalk towards the smoldering crater that Rookin now lay, dust and smoke billowing outwards. A rainbow of colors surrounded a tree, a nearby rock, and a goodly portion of the ground, his experimental Alchemical-Device, or A-D for short, was finally fully functional though mostly untested. The tree, the rock, and the earth itself seemed to explode into a thousand little shards of multi-colored glass before reforming themselves atop Tegral's shoulder, in the form of an eight barreled Gatling Cannon. The whine was eerie as Rookin pulled himself from the hole and was assaulted by the roaring weapon that spit fire and uranium, staggering him under the assault. Juggernaut or no there were limits to how much Rookin could take.

Targeting computers locked onto Rookin's energy signature, his Celestial-Generator the primary source, and weapon systems began flashing before Tegral's vision. Dozens of weapons and dozens more cross hairs began activating with their target Rookin. MINI (Miniature-Isotopic-Nanite-Instrument) Missiles lashed away with thin tendrils of gray smoke from Tegral's shoulders, his forearms, knees, and chest, dozens of them slamming into Rookin and the earth around him causing a literal ball of hellish inferno to spawn. The assault, so vicious and so unprovoked, had left the Commander General completely unprepared to defend himself. Fire seemed to build a bridge between the one time Admiral and the newly appointed General as the napalm launcher located in one of Tegral's knees emptied it's replenishing stores. The Gatling Cannon's barrels glowed red as the last of it's munitions were emptied, the whole weapon shifting in a storm of rainbow colors before exploding like glass and reforming as, what appeared to be, an artillery cannon on Tegral's back. Plasma continued to sear the air as the sonic cannon on Tegral's left arm sent trees flying through the air as pulses of it's unrestrained might sledged hammered Rookin on his back. No mercy, no forgiveness, no limits!

Finally Tegral stopped, Rookin's damage control was frantically working to keep the machine online, and stood over the General's badly battered frame. "Never," Tegral finally said, "Come here again, Rookin...or I will not stop, I will destroy you." His eyes burned with cold fury as he stepped into the hole and grabbed Rookin by his armored chest, amazingly enough it looked as though he hadn't suddenly been assaulted by what amounted to a walking, single man, army, and heaved him to his feet. Rookin stood a good deal taller than Tegral, but Tegral stood on an elevated position which meant the on time Admiral could look into the eyes of the man who essentially betrayed his wishes. "Not you, not Kah, not Simon or anyone else. I never want to see any of you again, do you understand me?" Tegral waited a moment as Rookin tried to respond, the non-essential system of speaking was destroyed at the moment so a response was impossible. A minute of waiting and Tegral hurled his onetime comrade into the forest, tree trunks exploding into a hurricane of splinters as the armored cyborg flew through them. No more! Kah would be by sooner or later to collect her Brother, no worries about that, or else Rookin's auto-repairing systems would online his functionaries again.

Tegral went back to work.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:22 pm
Krono's Dimension

A high pitch squeal shredded through what was calm only moment ago, Krono trusted his trusty katana Abel through the midsection of a wild, wolf like demon. It stood at about seven feet high but was hunched over, making it look to be about six foot five. The eyes had no pupils and were nothing but crimson red orbs. It's snout was oversized and crooked jagged teeth protruded from it's gaping jaw. A sickly yellow liquid dripped from its snout and onto the ground. As the snot continued to drip and it gradually darkened with a tide of blood. Another squeal tore through the air as Krono violently twisted Abel and ripped it out the side of the hulking beast. He then slashed downwards with his free arm, bringing Cain down on the pitiful creature to put it out of its misery.

The demon split clean in two, creating a waterfall of blood. Krono became soaked in what was his enemies blood, and he merely smirked as both sides of the best hit the ground. Krono closed his eyes and took a deep breathe as his bare back began to bulge and throb around the shoulder areas. There was a sickening sound of tearing flesh as two wings shot out of his back and flexed. They were a midnight black and completely feathered. To the untrained eye, it would've looked like he vanished and was replaced with two other wolf demons, but he merely had taken flight at an incredible speed.

While air born, he held his left arm out and used Abel to slice his skin open. Blood began to drip down his arm and fall to the ground below. The wolf demons looked up, bewildered at the fast movement of their foe and saw Krono fling both his swords at each of them with a forceful grunt. Both Abel and Cain flew straight and true, finding their marks. The feet of the demons. They buried into the spiky flesh all the way up to the hilt, securing them in the ground.

Krono then held his right hand over the open wound in his arm and closed his eyes. Moments later the blood began to pull from his wound to twist and writhe in the air. They began to form complex designs comprised of a variety of different shapes. Some seemed to even make angelic and demonic symbols. The blood then began to solidify and became a recognizable shape, a scythe. He smiled as he looked down at his opponents and let out a furious, bloodthirsty yell as he shot down at them like a rocket. In one swift motion he cut off their heads in one swing, landing on the ground in a crouched position. He stood up as the bodies and their now separated heads fell to the ground.

He let go of his blood scythe which shattered and then disintegrated before re-entering the self inflicted wound in his arm. As it re-entered the body, it seemed to repair the wound. He then held out his hands, and the two blades which were stuck in the ground, returned to him. He promptly sheathed them and smirked.
"Too easy."

Krono laughed slightly to himself as he walked a couple of steps before a tree materialized in front of him. The god Cronos had given him his own private dimension, his own time. He could store things from the real world in this place and take them back. But things he fabricated with his own abilities were only images. They weren't real and they couldn't be brought out of his dimension.

He picked up the towel he had left on the ground and began to clean the blood off of his chest. As he did this the wings that protruded from his back began to retract, and the flesh closed up around them leaving his telling scars. At one point in time this was painful for him, but that was long ago. After he had finished wiping himself down, he put his red and black shirt back on and looked around. Currently his dimension took on the appearance of reality. He let this slip from him and it became nothing but purple haze.

He sighed as a portal opened up, appearing as a hole. Through he could see a forest which was in the vicinity of where he bean his sparring. He stepped through the portal and it closed behind him. As soon as he stepped out, a mental shock went through his entire being. He was feeling a presence he had not felt in quite some time. Intertwined with it were others he recognized but could not quite place.
"Could it be him?"

He spoke almost breathlessly. He thought he was sensing a very old friend. He released his wings from his back and they shredded his shirt. He did not pay any mind to this though. He merely took to the skies, flying off to the location that he was feeling the energy at. It was in the area of a place he had been to before, but not for quite some time.

xXKronoXx

B i n a R a b b i t

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2010 1:45 pm
It was raining.

Oh, how the sky cried, and wept upon the earth, soaking the ground through and through.

The pitter patter of drops hitting the wet mud, and combining into a large, and deep pool of matter.

As Eva looked back, her eyes bugged from her sockets, she thought she had have seen him, no, he's long gone.

One slip had landed her face forward, drenched in rain, and filth. Eva got up, and pushed on, running, running across an open field in the rain, in the dark, with no one who could care for her.

It's been two years, she is now slightly older, wiser, and afraid that Kaiden is to kill her. What she did was uncalled for, killing, no, murdering thier mother.

Running, running across the field. Eva's chest was burning.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:57 am
Both Eva and Kaiden are the same age. Twins from birth, they share alot of simalarities.

Kaiden more alike his mother, Eva more alike her father.

Eva is more outgoing, and colorful in her persona. More likely to get into a fight, and be more social. Her appearence now is also a young teen, just learning about herself, and her body. Eva is a late bloomer, and has not yet experienced her maturity. Unlike her borther, Kaiden, who is already a full year into puberty.

Kaiden is more of a bookworm, a hermit, or recluse. Introverted it would seem. Kaiden had always liked to talk to people, and keep himself occupied in his work, or hobbies. Not too much of a lady killer, nor the life of a party.

"I've got to find some shelter, and fast." she has said to herself. A new discovery to the young woman would find that she is ridden with anxiety. Always wondering what will happen, and obsessing that the world revolves around her, and her actions.

Eva had begun to gather the rest of her strength that she could muscle, and pressed on to the next destination.

B i n a R a b b i t

Jim Hensley

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 2:41 am
Lee hefted the heavy maul of his forge hammer bringing it down with all the remaining strength of his weary arms. The piercing sound of metal striking against the glowing hot form laying atop the anvil broke through the grumbling of the forge's fire and the heavy sighing of the bellows being worked by his pumping leg. Smithy, old school smithy anyways, was a tricky business. Too much heat and you'd over cook the metal, making it brittle and easily shattered when it became over stressed, but on the other side not enough heat you wouldn't be able to properly form the metal without excessive hammering and even then after it cooled the metal would be softer than it should and prone to bending or denting. That was just the start of it! The amount and type of charcoal used in the stove could produce anything from battle ready steel to beautiful works of gold and silver. The liquid used to cool the glowing hot work of metal was critical, if he used the wrong kind of liquid, from water to olive oil and everything in between, it could deform the slab of metal or cause it to shatter within moments of cooling.

Sweat dripping from his jaw Lee struck the metal again, flinching back as a glowing ember flew from the hammered slab and caught him on the cheek. Growling his irritation he resumed his work without worry that such a feat would occur again, even though in some distant reach of his mind it would and he'd likely be burnt again. Pounding out the shape desired Lee used the flat grasp tongs to pull the dimly glowing metal from the anvil and lay it across the tops of the coals, letting it bake from one side, while he went to retrieve a smaller more narrow hammer. Returning across the soot stained dirt floor of his forge shop Lee used the same tongs to flip the metal slab over to let the second side bake for a moment. Using this chance he grabbed a water skin hanging from a nearby peg and drank quickly. The water was warm from the heat of the forge and tasted a little stale, but given the fact it was hotter than blazing hells in there it was a welcome relief. Slamming the cork back in the mouth of the water skin Lee returned it to it's place, taking the hammer back up and returning to his work.

With the metal now glowing near white Lee, carefully least he distort the metal by accident, removed the slab of metal and began pounding at the edges to work the edge. It was a long, hot, and dirty process to take an ordinary chunk of raw ore, refine it, then take that refined metal and turn it into something, but the end results would be worth it as he used the new plow blade to till the soil of the clearing that lay just a half mile away from his new home. The clearing was just shy of an acre long by an acre across, much too large for a single individual to sustain himself on but the vegetable garden currently planted in what would be considered his back yard didn't hold enough variety for his taste. He wanted some grain to make his own bread, he wanted some corn and maybe work himself a small orchard. Lee had noticed there were a few rogue apple and cherry trees a two day's hike from his home. It'd be hard work to go get the little saplings and transplant them back to what he hoped would turn into his own little farm, but it would be worth it. As would this damned plow blade once he finished it!

Renewed by the thought of doing what he finally wanted to do, instead of the nightmare he had done for his entire existence, Lee resumed his work with a new vigor.

Tegral had seen and been a part of enough killings for each of his single lives to suit a dozen men their, and for all the lives Tegral had lived Lee had lost count. He was so tired of the killing and the dying. How could you keep a firm grasp on sanity when you could look someone in the eye and tell them you've lost count of how many times someone's killed you!? It was absurd, and he'd grown tired of it. All the pointless working, endless thinking, the brutal fighting. Most of Tegral's victims didn't even get the respect of getting to look him in the eyes before they died, the most they got was a subgeo-nuke that would rip a huge rend from the planet's surface. No graves to mark their passing, no life to begin anew at their loss, only an irradiated scar on the planet's surface that would remain void of life as the multitude of subsequent nuclear weapons pock marked the planet, turning a once lush and thriving world into a never ending rage of nuclear induced lightning storms that would forever strobe across the blackened atmosphere. Life would never again survive after that.

Actually there had been one race. Not really focusing on the memories, but rather letting them come as they willed, Lee worked methodically. The name wasn't coming to him, but they survived, somehow. Maybe because of the harsh conditions of their home world, all ready blackened from centuries of nuclear warfare, they were able to survive the fall out. They'd hammered their space going navy into dust, a remarkably difficult fight for the Galactic Federation, and worked at exterminating their outlaying planets. Having only colonized a full half dozen planets, only two of which could be considered any real threat, to include their home world the anti-orbital defenses were no match against Tegral's battleships. From beyond the stars the Admiral had ordered a sub-light barrage, hurling what amounted to space aged rocks at near light speed, at the planet's modestly populated centers. Then he turned to the subgeo-nukes. Every major populated district on those two Class II planets took no less than seven nukes a piece. Nothing should have survived that, but they did and boy were they pissed.

He remembered nearly fifty years later he was engaged in what was suppose to be routine pirate mop up when, out of the blackness of FTL space their navy dropped in system. How they managed to pin point the Admiral's position was a brain baffling mystery that they never found out, but they found him and they put him through one hell of a fight. Out numbered two to one Tegral's cruisers barely stood to stand against their Alpha level battleships. Fight or run the Admiral did the only thing expected of him in that situation...he rammed his cruisers down their throats. Of the seventeen warships flown out on the 'routine' flight only two managed to limp home broken and barely alive. They put up one hell of a fight, but compared to the Galactic Federation Navy their technology was no contest, but with sheer number and firepower they over whelmed Tegral's force to the near breaking point.

The scouting of the offending race's homework revealed that not only had they survived the planet's 'sterilization' but, with the exception of the major damage inflicted by the attack, were unfazed by the nuclear radiation. The subsequent attack, lead by Admiral Tegral Kartos aboard the battleship GFN Vengeful Fury, made sure they stayed dead this time. The GFN Vengeful Fury garnered it's name from the violent end of the Alliance Wars, where the captain's, who had been in command of the GFN Hornet, home planet had been completely destroyed by a powerful magnokinetic cannon. The captain, literally, rammed his ship against the planet destroyer before it could lay waste to a heavily populated world, thus preventing it from firing it's primary weapon least it destroy itself. The captain, and every hand to hold a weapon, stormed the opposing battle ship and, after a nearly thirteen grueling zero-G battle where even the slightest nick in the pressure suit was instant death, seized control. In his honor the GFN Hornet was renamed and fully refitted as the GFN Vengeful Fury. The Galactic Federation's very first, and most powerful, planet destroyer.

Sighing Lee grabbed a nearby steak to hammer the gripping hold into the metal. So many dead in an instant. The planet's core, suddenly destabilized by the magnokinetic blast from the Vengeful Fury, erupted from every crack in the tectonic plates. It looked as if the planet's core was trying to rush out all at once, blasting whole planetary chunks into the void of space. Tegral had taken his pleasure in systematically destroying each and every rock from that planet. With the shape of the blade made, the mounting brackets ready to go, Lee took the plow blade by means of the flat grip tongs and lowered it hissing into a pale of plain rain water. The water would rapidly cool the metal, giving it a stronger shape.

Pulling the nearly finished plow blade from the bucket Lee tossed it, still steaming, onto his work bench. Next task was to sharpen it and mount it on the plow...but not now, not today. He was tired and needed a bath. Hanging his leather apron up by a peg Lee shut the door of the forge house behind him as he departed. The memories just would not stop.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:39 pm
Sitting on the wooden chair he'd built Lee gazed lazily out across the clearing that sat around his home. It was an oddly tranquil scene, something he should have been getting more and more use to since he'd shed his previous identity and taken on his lost persona of Lee. Part of him was glad he wasn't getting use to it, as every morning he'd walk out his front door with a pipping hot cup of coffee and take a minute to bask in the splendor of his new life. If he ever lost the feeling of amaze that he had now for his peace he was worried he may resort back to his old life style of war and brutality.

Yawning quietly behind a closed fist Lee pushed himself out of his chair, patting his bottom clean of any wayward dust or dirt that may have been laying in wait on his favorite 'pondering chair'. Today's object of thought was one that he'd been wrestling with on and off again since he'd left Tegral behind. "Round five?" He asked himself as he strode a few paces further from his home. Last time he tried something like this he'd ended up knocking the windows out of their sills.

Content that he was sufficient distance from his home, that he wasn't going to inadvertently cause damage he was going to have to fix later, Lee stopped. Closing his eyes and letting his head lull back he opened himself to...something. It was all foreign, everything he was doing. He could do it simply because his body had been grown to be able to, but he had no idea WHAT he was able to do. Opening himself to...he suppose he should call it his power supply, connect it to something he was familiar with in order to make it easier for his mind to grasp ans solve problems.

His body was the conduit, the pathways for power draw from his generator, and his mind made up the storage unit that would set forth the necessary paths that power would follow to turn it into something workable. All he had to do was pull the raw energy through his body and form it into something...a wall of earth. Earth was easy enough to work with, it was stable, hard to screw up, and all he was really doing was just trying to pull the ground up, nothing fancy.

Eyes opening slowly, head lowering, a dull glow surrounded the earthy brown of his iris. Easy...this wasn't too hard. Just reach out with the power, grab the ground, and lift...too easy.

Following his own advice Lee reached through the empty space between himself and the ground, using the crackling raw surge of power like an unseen fist. Despite his best attempt, however, grabbing the ground and lifting it, wasn't as easy as originally thought. The ground tumbled, rocking his home, a fissure splitting open and racing away towards the house. In a panicked flurry Lee reached out to try and stop the split, only he'd surged too much raw power into it and instead of halting the split he split it. A half dozen separate cracks raced this way and that, pulling huge chunks of earth and grass into a dark, abysmal, void. "s**t!" Lee shouted as he hurriedly released the power.

Everything lurched for a moment, he felt like he'd just tore the planet in half, and then all was dark.

Some time later, following a string of curses that would have gotten him slapped by his momma, Lee was pushing himself off the ground. "Well ********." He growled as he saw the damage he'd wrought on his own ******** home. "Just. ********. Peachy." He snarled as he pushed himself off his face. "Best go get a shovel."

Shaking his head Lee set off to fix his mistake.

Jim Hensley

Jim Hensley

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 12:44 pm
Using a piece of long grass to, gently as possible, clean out between his teeth Lee sat back in his pondering chair. The rabbit stew had been good, caught in a sling just that morning, and prepped with some just picked vegetables and spices just before he'd pulled from his gardens just before he threw 'em in the stew. It was a good, clean, meal and he was thankful for the opportunity to enjoy it. Despite how good they tried to make synthesized food it was always pretty damn evident that it was fake.

Smiling Lee leaned back slightly and gazed up at the vast blue sky. "Ah," he exhaled loudly as he folded his leg atop the other, resting his ankle of his right leg on his left knee, "Gotta enjoy the little things." He advised no on in particular, pulling open the tanned leather casing of his book. The front page bore two words and nothing more, 'Leighton Mathews', and he took a minute to run his fingers across the dried blank ink. "All right, all right, enough of this. Can't waste the day, now can ya Tegs?" He really should start thinking of himself more as Lee over Tegral, he wasn't that monster anymore, but still...all those endless years of being a ruthless killing machine, it was hard to change his ways so quickly.

Shaking his head he pulled open the book to a place marked with a strip of cloth. Halfway down the second page the writing stopped in a cramped, blocked, handwriting.

It read, "Upon the realization that excessive 'strength' in relation to controlling what I've come to describe as my Arcane Pool, is insufficient to produce the desires results I've begun implementing more subtle and - for lack of a better word - gentle strategies. It's a tricky balance finding the right amount of force to use. Too much cause uncontrollable reactions, like earthquakes." Pausing just long enough to gaze up and over at the long strip of fresh filled earth, he shook his head. Still had to finish filling in that damn fissure. "Too little and I can't even do anything with it, most of the time it would fizzle out without anything actually happening."

Picking up his pen Lee began to jot down a few more notes. Sometimes he could swear that technology - even the theoretical quantum mechanics he'd used to master the cusp of life, technology, and death, the final part of that trilogy was more along the lines of him bringing death than him actually dying - was easier than all this magic bull s**t. Shaking his head he wished he had an instruction manual for how this stuff worked, at least in so far as he could take it before he started experimenting on his own. As it were, however, it was a slow and dangerous process just to figure out how it all worked without worrying about actually doing anything!

He supposed he could go digging around in Mastema's old Citadel, what KB hadn't butchered, and see if there was any old spell books or what ever. Wizards and witches used those to learn stuff, right? Pausing in his notes he used a bottle of fine grain sand to pour along the wet ink, letting it collect along the small bend in the leather cover designed to do just that. Leaving the book open to air dry he went ahead and lay the book down on the seat he was in the process of vacating. Maybe that Relinth guy had a library, or Sairys. Shaking his head he briefly considered Xol, but ultimately discounted the idea. After all, it wasn't too hard to see that Xol and Tegral hadn't gotten all too well and no doubt the crazy son of a b***h would have jumped at a chance to tear him in half for shits and giggle.

Stretching his arms over his head and arching his back, he felt the muscles stretching in his legs, abs, and arms. "Hnnn-uhh." he groaned as he relaxed. He doubted Kai would have anything that would suit him, she didn't exactly seem the book learned type. So it really looked like Mastema and Relinth were his best bet. Neither could easily, nor readily, found. Rel, however, had left his establishment reasonably undefended and unoccupied...and Mastema wasn't exactly any great fan of his either. Despite his turn of the leaf, as it were, he wasn't entirely keen on trusting his new life over to the hopes that Mas would honor the good graces of his wife.

Turning and heading inside, his leather boots thumping on the hard wood of his patio deck, Lee went to go gather some things he might need. Rel's place was a goodly distance away, if he remembered from the over head shots he'd collected from the Cradle and it's spy eyes. Looks like he was gonna be away from home for a while.

Black Company

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 26 27 28 29 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff