Welcome to Gaia! ::

My Little Phony

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Phonyland! 8D 

Tags: phony, phonies, phonyland, unicorn, pegasus 

Reply Administrative Archives | Where Old Threads Die
HALLOWEEN 2017: INTO THE WOODS CYOA Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 25 26 27 28 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

theCorniest

Colorful Contributor

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:06 pm
During the entire hunt, Friend-Ship hadn't really thought about the pone part of the mothpone meaning he would be.... a person, you know? He'd just spent his entire night tracking down some poor guy who lived in the woods, and who spent his time getting chased around by jellies and drinking hot cocoa.

Now that they'd found him - and their missing friends, to boot - Friend-Ship found he didn't have much to say. All he could really manage was a faint "Um... hi..."

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 8:25 pm
So, that was that, then? Overall: super cool night. Even if the mothpone was just some super mutant phony and not a cryptid, Hooked had had a good time. Dancing, tracking, jelly wrangling, cookie ordering, tree fishing...He was ready for sleep.

The babby partially stifled a yawn. “My dude,” he said to the mothpone as easy as you please, a drowsy smile on his face, “stick up there if you want. I think we got the bad jellies, though. So you can just...gel up there by yourself, y’know? If you got the munchies, though, I have a marshmallow.”

Hooked wiggled his fishing rod, where his snack sat still on the hook. It was still a bit slimy. “And skinny spearmints. Well, in like a month or whatever,” he added with a lazy shrug. “You do you, yeah? Seems like a nice bunch here, though. Think I’ll come around more myself.”

Reminiscing already, he let his eyes fall closed as he hummed what he remembered from the rave and began swaying and stomping lightly in place, content as a cat.  

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Syrcaid

Garbage Werewolf

26,375 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Trash Can Supporter 50
  • Jolly Roger 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 10:40 pm
Nightvine had enough of this excursion and wanted nothing more than to get back to his home before dawn.

"I've got to hurry home, fellas. If I stay out much longer, I'll fall asleep where I'm standing. If this moth feller doesn't want to come down and talk, I wouldn't force 'em. Moths are just as nocturnal as I am. Now that we know they're out here, I can just come back and have a proper explore later."

He didn't mean to be rude, but Nightvine's time was nearly up for one night.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:49 pm
. The End... .

After a few moments of silence, the leaves rustle quickly. While you can't see the Mothpone, there's a clanking and a clacking and a rope ladder falls to the ground. That's a good sign! You clamber up the ladder and find seats as you listen to what Skirmish has to say.

"So here's what went down. When the bats swarmed out, I kinda... fell. On my butt. Into a sinkhole, which is where I sprained my pastern. Where there were more bats. After THOSE bats, I crawled out and everyone was gone. I looked at the tracks, and it looked like some itty bitties had gotten separated- little tiny hoofprints going off in all directions, and I couldn't let that slide. So I went after them and took them back to camp... which is where I found these guys. She gestures below to the quartet of jellies. "They'd pretty much trashed the place, along with-" she turns her head. "Oh dangit, he's still up there. Like I said- he's very shy. Anyways, I found the Mothpone! He's real, and he's been living out here alone in this treehouse. When we came back, he felt super bad about the jellies trashing our camp, but he just wanted to be left alone- he just wanted to get us to leave and didn't think the jellies would follow him and ruin our stuff. So we said ok, we'd leave, I just had to find the rest of you, but then the kids started crying, and I was limping pretty bad... and, well, one thing led to another and he asked us to come back here and have some cocoa and rest for a little bit and then he ran back to camp and got the marshmallows for us- and it was very nice of him, you could see how awkward he felt about it. He's still pretty wary, but hey, nice job on those jellies." Skirmish took a deep sip of her hot cocoa.

"You know, the legend of moth-creatures has been around for a long time. But they always turn out to be things that aren't that scary- owls, night herons, perfectly nice people. It's interesting, our concept of what is and what isn't- and who is and who isn't- a monster. Turns out that maybe we were the scary things in the woods after all. Or things we think are harmless- like jellies- can be monsters in the right light. Or the darkness."

As cocoa is passed around and marshmallows are dunked, the leaves rustle again, louder and closer. A hush comes over the group as the soft flutter of wings is heard against the wind. A face emerges- a worried face, a timid face. Eyes that shine in the dark like embers or rubies. Slowly, that frown straightens, then breaks into a tiny smile. "I... I think I'd like to come down now," murmurs the Mothpone, that terrible creature of whisper and rumor. His knees tremble as he lands on his deck. "You all must be terribly cold. L-let me go get more cocoa."

And with that, the Mothpone took his first step in society, having seen and heard what everyone had gone through to find him. You came out here to find a monster, but instead... you found a friend.  

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2017 11:50 pm
. ...or IS it? .

As the party begins up above, a shout rings out from the base of the tree.

"WAIT!" shouts Eggs Benedict. "What about these jellies?"  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:22 pm
. Epilogue .

As the night goes on, the Mothpone gets more and more comfortable with you. By the time phonies are tired, he's laughing and getting out blankets. Everyone sleeps comfortably, and in the morning, the group comes down, ready to return home. The Mothpone included- slowly getting over his fears, he's curious to see Phony City and asks Roller Riot to be his guide. Even if he doesn't stay, he wants to see for himself.

Which just leaves four loose ends. The jellies. At some point last night, they ended up stuffed in a cooler. It is decided that they, too, need to come back to the city for rehabilitation. Back in town, it seems that two of them have taken a real shine to Catwalk and Rising Sign. As for the other two... well, somebody should take them home. But who?

biblioburro
Congratulations! You won the CYOA and the Mothpone will be coming home with you!

Chrystali
Please post your top two jelly prefs! (Yellow, blue, green,
pink)

SilverLutz
Please post your top two jelly prefs! (Yellow, blue, green,
pink)

Everyone below: please post your jelly pref list! (Yellow, blue, green, pink)
Syrcaid

purplerosesbeauty

Fea Line

Astraea Pandora

zippedsiren

cursedandwandering

Ruriska

Huni Pi

Kitty Sprightt

Tristam Lockhart

ex o ex Snoof

LizzyMoo

Luafien

Yushika

medigel

Rapidashtrainer

Gl!tch~

Ac.Wings

Scaramouche Fandango
Crew

Big Wife

Astraea Pandora

Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:26 pm
Scaramouche Fandango

Pink, Blue, Green, Yellow

Grats winners!  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:26 pm
Congrats burro!

My jelly prefs are : blue, green, pink, yellow.

Thanks for the awesome CYOA, Scara!  

zippedsiren

Dapper Spirit

Ruriska
Crew

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 10:35 pm
Congrats! <3

Yellow, blue, green, pink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:35 pm
Congrats to all the winners and good luck to all on the remaining jellies <3

Pink, Yellow, Blue, and then Green  

LizzyMoo

Rainbow Senshi

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:52 pm
Congrats~ Thanks again for holding such a cool lil event, Scara!

Pink, Yellow, Blue, Green  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:41 am
Congrats all! <3

Jelly prefs: Yellow, Green, Blue, Pink  

purplerosesbeauty

Springtime Spirit

NymiiNym

Shy Wife

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:17 am
    Green, Pink, Blue, Yellow! c:

Congrats all!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:50 am