Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Crossroads

Back to Guilds

This is Halloween Crossroads 

Tags: This is Halloween 

Reply { ARCHIVED } ----------------- Looking Glass, March 2014
♣ { SIDE QUEST } THE LAKE - DAILY Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 72 73 74 75 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Avian Serpentine rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

Avian Serpentine

Dapper Raider

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:55 pm
Quote:
Rewarding

His teachers have always told him that being a good student was a reward in itself, and that when he’s given a prize for doing well, it is extra and they should feel extra special about it as well. Sadly, he didn’t really feel anything towards getting a good mark or getting a prize. Instead, everything just felt…the same.

If he gets a gift, it’s usually because his parents thought he would like it and obviously he should be thankful. However, not matter what or when, as long as something is given by another person, that gift should be special or at least prized…even if it’s useless.

However, one thing he does find rewarding would be the praises and smiles he receives when he shows his parents how well he has been doing.

OOC

My character's username: Mitfael
My character's level: 2
Character's HP: 30/30
Current party: ---
Current Guild: ---
Small IC description of character: Mitfael
Character journal: [ Battle Log ]

Avian Serpentine rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)
PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:56 pm
Quote:
Grey

As he grew up, the world stopped its original vibrant ways, and instead became a grey dull tone of mundane lives and daily routines. There were rarely any surprises, and when he sees any, it’s usually something dangerous or ones his parents tell him to ignore. Such as the news of someone being murdered or mysterious deaths which had no explanations, they were always interesting yet… Even now, they were becoming relatively boring as well.

Maybe he should take up mountain biking or sky diving…he’s heard they were –

Actually no, his parents would yell at him for it.

OOC

My character's username: Mitfael
My character's level: 2
Character's HP: 30/30
Current party: ---
Current Guild: ---
Small IC description of character: Mitfael
Character journal: [ Battle Log ]

Avian Serpentine

Dapper Raider

lizbot rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 12:38 am
Nostalgic

When you need a bit of escapism, you take it to a literal degree. You run, you hide, you build yourself tiny little homes that'll last only so long as you can stay. And that's never very long, now is it?

But every once in awhile there is that which grabs your attention, as well as your imagination (so rarely used in the waking world outside of the practical.) The books are nothing extraordinary, they caught your uncle's attention years before you were born for much the same reason they caught yours. A shared last name. A proper noun for the first. And then came the charm of a secret base, cleverly hidden in a scrap yard. Then came the charm of mysteries and adventures and skills and boys who valued all of the above. They were a rainy day indulgence. The peaceful, mindless spot when the glooms hit and you couldn't stand to do anything nor tolerate boredom.

They were something you left behind, when you escaped the final time. But oh, wasn't it sweet when you saw that broken, battered paperback? Doesn't it make you smile for your girlhood when your fingers trace the spine? You open it sometimes, and inhale deeply. Some ties don't need to be severed.

OOC

My character's username: Phoenix
My character's level: 8
Character's HP: 30
Current party:
Current Guild:

Tall and curvy with a proud bearing, Phoenix strides about in red and black Gryphon armour like it was designed just to swirl dramatically about her and emphasize how freaking majestic she is. From the name, to the cockscomb of a faux hawk, to vivid orange-red eyes, Phoenix's appearance announces: I bring the fire.

Character journal: here

lizbot rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:02 am
Hope

You want a home and you're willing to build it, to carve it out of the default landscape of the life that is now yours. You've started eyeing the houses and though that's only part of the equation, you hope you already have the rest. You hope that they'll stay, and if they do leave, that they'll come back soon. That they won't quickly find reason to leave once again. (Already? But...)

You hold on to hands, whenever they're offered. You hope they'll take yours, in turn, when you try to guide them home.

OOC

My character's level: 8
Current party:
Current Guild:

Tall and curvy with a proud bearing, Phoenix strides about in red and black Gryphon armour like it was designed just to swirl dramatically about her and emphasize how freaking majestic she is. From the name, to the cockscomb of a faux hawk, to vivid orange-red eyes, Phoenix's appearance announces: I bring the fire.

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

Melodine Cantus rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:06 am
[7: Hatred]

She could barely register any sound.

She could not hear her siblings' anxious voices as they rushed out to meet them, and she would have fallen to her knees if not for the steady hand on her shoulder forcing her forward. It was all a blur and when she finally lifted her head to look up at the bright full moon, it all suddenly became clear.

She yanked her arm away from the grip that had held her steady and ran. The night was dark, but the darkness that consumed her heart felt endless.

She would never forgive that man.

She would never forgive herself.

OOC

My character's username: sealed
My character's level: 5
Current party:
Current Guild:
Small IC description of character: sealed is a surly looking cheshire cat all decked out in blue, her tail ringed with black stripes. Her hair is a light blond color and is of medium length, just past her shoulders.

Melodine Cantus rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:07 am
[Endings]

"I'm going." She told him. Their boots were messily discarded behind them, pants rolled up as they sat on the edge of the lake, feet submerged in the water. "You know you can't stop me."

He reached out and took a lock of her hair. "I just... seeing you like this is so strange."

She had to agree. Leaning forward, she could see her reflection in the clear water. Where light blond messy waves once framed her face were now dark, oily blue locks cropped short. It was certainly something to get used to, she thought, as she pulled her feet out of the water. "What's done is done."

"You're not going to go back home?" He asked, blue eyes crinkling in worry. "Not even to say your goodbyes?"

She was silent as she pulled on her boots, and then reached over to ruffle his hair. "I will be fine."

OOC

Current party:
Current Guild:
Small IC description of character: sealed is a surly looking cheshire cat all decked out in blue, her tail ringed with black stripes. Her hair is a light blond color and is of medium length, just past her shoulders.

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100
Melodine Cantus rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

Melodine Cantus

Melodious Star

15,425 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Caroling Champ 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:08 am
[8: Confusion]

Idle gossip was beyond her.

It especially frustrated her when she had a sister, and older than her too, that found such things interesting and brought it home. Marzena did not need to come back after a day of swimming and adventure with her brother to hear about the romantic status of other selkies, and their interest in others.

It was extremely grating when she actually was forced to spend some time with her sister, especially when the latter insisted that her lack of hair care was getting out of hand. "Sabina please." She groused, slumping down in her seat. "I don't need to hear about any romantic exploits."

"Well, MAYBE if you took good care of your hair, then some of this gossip would be about you!"

"I don't CARE!"

OOC

Current party:
Current Guild:

lizbot rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:09 am
Death

The dead are done with their lives and goals and pains and triumphs. The dead aren't really people anymore, they're memories. Nobody feels bad for the dead, as far you're concerned. People only feel bad for themselves, and that's just fine.

You stare down at the marker and you feel nothing. Your stare up at the living and you see a man who suffers for a memory.

OOC

My character's level: 9
Current party:
Current Guild:

lizbot
Vice Captain

No Faun

chirigami rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:48 am
Quote:
6. Endings

It became painfully obviously clear a few weeks into his life on the island that he had missed several endings to his tokustaus shows. Go-Busters had been near in its conclusion and Kamen Rider Wizard only half way into its plot. But would he ever seen how they would conclude? How the series after them would begin and how those would reach their episode 52?

Was there even internet here?

It was the one few times that Milo was utterly depressed.

OOC

User Image
My character's username: GreenRanger
Current party: --
Current Guild: --
Small IC description of character:
A tall brown haired humanoid male sportin' the green set of Gryphon attire, and most likely doing stupid poses. While smiling. And humming to himself.

chirigami rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 1:55 am
Quote:
4. Death

The concept or mortality came to Milo at a pretty young age when the family dog passed away from old age. Bandit had been with the family before he was even born, before Jirou or Hana had even been born but they were old enough to understand what had happened. They had cried while Milo asked questions, so many questions. It didn't seem to ease the pain from their lose, fresh tears would run down his mother's cheeks as she very carefully answered in her broken English all that he asked her.

By the end of it, he just pressed himself closer to his mother and wrapped his arms around her waist and buried his face into the folds of her clothes.

OOC

User Image
A tall brown haired humanoid male sportin' the green set of Gryphon attire, and most likely doing stupid poses. While smiling. And humming to himself.

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

chirigami rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:04 am
Quote:
gdi! Doing 19. Hope

After the rains had subsided, those of the basement nation were given the clear to return to their rooms. At first he had been more than eager to pack his things up from one of the common rooms and return to his home below. But when he got to the doorway that lead to the stairs he stopped. And just stared down into the darkness that awaited him.

Well, he was just going to have to hope for the best. Wasn't he. That the Iron Maiden had protected what it could as the water levels rose and he had gotten what he could and the damage was minimal. Yes. Hope. Optimism. That's how he did things.

OOC

User Image

Kaiyumi rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:07 am
Quote:
Ending

Was that the first time she had actually seen a human die? Probably, though to be fair, she had chosen not to stick around to see the killing happen. Although she had known that things had gone seriously wrong by that point, the baku was admittedly horrified to learn just how bad it really was. Enough so for a group of what had been an otherwise normal group of teenagers to kill someone?

Apparently so.

Even if she hadn't stayed there, and even if she had been against it, she still carried a hint of guilt in her heart. It had been on that day that she realized that she really wasn't as innocent as she once was.

OOC

My character's username: Nightbloom
My character's level: 13
Current party: N/A
Current Guild: N/A
Small IC description of character: Nightbloom is a petite girl with pink-tinged white hair. She has a pair of black cat ears and dons a light blue-lined black coat, while her scarf and tail are both white.
Character journal: Here

Kaiyumi

Dragon Berri rolled 1 20-sided dice: 18 Total: 18 (1-20)

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:08 am
18. Rewarding

He remembered when he was a kid, sitting with his grandfather. One of the rare times he and his twin were willingly separated. His grandfather was trying to teach him how to do a magic trick. You know the one, that one that the stereotypical grandfather does for his grandson and any other kid that'll sit still for it.

The old coin out of the ear trick. It took him hours, days, before he finally got the hang of it. But he got it, and his reward was the coin his grandfather used: an old, old silver coin from when his grandfather was a kid. Caiden treasured that coin.

OOC

My character's username: RockerReaper
My character's level: 3
Current party: Rhythm
Current Guild:
Small IC description of character: Short, curly black hair. Boots, pirate coat, pirate hat. Blue, green, black.

Kaiyumi rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:13 am
Quote:
Ending

When she was young, Xiu had always been the type of ghoul who would tear up on reaching the end of a particularly exciting book, her chest always filled with bittersweet feelings at the knowledge that the adventure was now over.

After she got a little older, however, she realized that it wasn't really the end. She could relive the journey if she wanted by reading it again, or she could continue it if she felt so inclined through her own imagination. Transferring this into the real world, although Xiu still felt that hint of bittersweetness whenever a particularly fun day with a friend or an exciting even came to an end, she knew that it wasn't actually the end, but the beginning of other things to come.

OOC

My character's username: Nightbloom
My character's level: 13
Current party: N/A
Current Guild: N/A
Small IC description of character: Nightbloom is a petite girl with pink-tinged white hair. She has a pair of black cat ears and dons a light blue-lined black coat, while her scarf and tail are both white.
Character journal: Here

Kaiyumi

chiickadee rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:14 am
"You can have mine."

"I don't want it, you touched it."

"Would you just take the damn soda? I'm bein' nice."

Chel begrudgingly snatched the cookie from his hand, not wanting to admit defeat, but also really wanting the soda he was offering. "Are you going to the skatepark later?"

"No I have some paperwork to do."

All at once Chel was reminded of the strange change in Chris. "Ah. Come over after then?" He nodded to that, at least. She wondered when him giving her sodas was going to end.

OOC

My character's username: NotAllan
My character's level: 14
Current party: n/a
Current Guild: Penumbra
Small IC description of character: A girl with demonic horns, ridiculous sunset hair and star clips in her hair. She's a gryphon and looks pretty ridiculous.

{ ARCHIVED } ----------------- Looking Glass, March 2014

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 72 73 74 75 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games