Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply [Classrooms]
The Incubation Facility [Open to select few](next group p29) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

naggeela

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2008 9:33 pm
Still fidgeing with his necklace. But when Drez heard his name he turned to that drection and found that it was familar as it was Kliken. "Heya, Kliken! Its really nice to see you again," he replied as he slithered closer and stood next to Kliken for at least a little confort and a big smile plastered to his face. For they all knew what was going to happen.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:16 pm
Peri glanced at his watch before looking up at the group of kids that had come. He was a bit surprised to only see one adult in the group. He glanced back at his notes, reading that one of the children was currently in the custody of D-corp, but the other he had no idea about. Oh well.

"Alright, so let's get started. Don't run off and don't touch anything unless I say otherwise." With that, Peri was off and strolling towards two tanks that were side-by-side. Large pearl-like eggs were nestled in equally large clamshells. "These two are Pathors. The one on my right here is Drez's and the other belongs to Reese. Both are saltwater dragons." He glanced at the two boys. "Any questions?"

Perilas_Coleman
Crew

Orpheus Solon
Crew

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:50 pm
Kliken smiled brightly when Drez remembered his named, his face flushing from happiness though it wasn't something one could easily see due to his dark coloring, "Really? Yes, its nice to see you again too." He agreed, finding the most overwhelming delight in something so simple, being remembered and having someone say that they were happy to see him again.

He would have said more but their teacher appeared, instantly laying down the rules for the tour and the leech boy quiet as he repeated them over in his mind, 'No running, no touching.' He then fell started to follow after the teacher making sure to match his pace to the way that the older man was walking.

His bright blue eyes went wide as he looked in the tanks that held the eggs that belonged to Drez and Reese, "So pretty." He murmured out loud to himself and anyone who might hear. He took a step closer but made sure to clasp his hands behind his back to resist the urge to the touch the glass. He asked no questions of the teacher since neither egg were his egg. Still seeing these caused his heart to start to race again with anticipation, they would be seeing his dragon next then he realized.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 5:05 am
Reese opened his mouth to say hello again...and was stopped when the teacher-man-person showed up. Well darn, he had been looking forward to making new friends! It took his mind off of...of...

Reese's eyes slowly widened as he saw his...his, all his...beautiful dragon egg. So round, so white, it was amazing in all it's huge glory. He pointed importantly at the egg, glancing up at Wilbur with urgency.

"Clothur!" he demanded, leaning forward in his seat. He wanted to be close to it, to really get a good look at it. Wilbur grinned at the boy's enthusiasm, seemingly ignoring the rather rude demand as he rolled Reese forward. The seahorse didn't seem satisfied until he was sitting right beside the tank, peering intently while at the same time trying not to touch it. It looked so smooth! It reminded him of the china plates back home.

"Pat-thor," he repeated quietly, forgetting himself and placing his hand gently on the side of the tank. "Hi there," he spoke gingerly, in awe. "I'm Reethe...and you're gonna be my dragon..." But suddenly, his head whipped around when the question 'Any questions?' was...well, asked.

"How are we gonna get it home? It won't fit in the car," Reese said with a slight crinkle of concern across his brow. No, definitely not...this thing was not going to fit in the limo with Wilbur, Reese, and his wheelchair. Well, maybe if they left the wheelchair here...Reese didn't really like it anyway.  

RuddyPup

naggeela

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 3:46 pm
Drez just nodded to what Kilken had to say and smiled at him, he would have said more but the teacher had come in and was talking about there eggs.

He would have like if the teacher would have said his name were he could put the scent to a name. But he moved closer to the tank that was to the teachers right and with his tongue flicking in and out, but Drez couldn't 'see' his egg as there was too much glass in the way and listened to what the teacher had to say. "Whats your name?" Drez said and pointed to Peri and he knew it was a little silly but he had to know. "Also what are our dragons going to look like? Also could I touch my egg too?" he asked.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 8:31 pm
Peri grinned at the group of boys following him. "Well, you'll have to wait until it hatches. The eggs need certain requirements that are hard for a lot of people to keep up with. So the techs here do that. And then, when your dragon hatches, you get to take it home."

"I'm Mr. Coleman." Peri realized that he hadn't introduced himself. Oops. Oh well. "As far as what they'll look like, I'm not too sure. I haven't seen any of these before... but they're aquatic types, so they'll probably have something to adapt them to the water..." He gave a shrug as to that and nodded at the second question. "Sure, we just can't take them out for too long. But a little while won't hurt much." He fished Drez's egg out for the boy and glanced at Reese, wondering if the boy would want to do the same.

Perilas_Coleman
Crew

RuddyPup

PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 2:16 am
Reese's face noticeably darkened. Couldn't take it home? But...but that was stupid! He was sure he could take just as good care of his dragon egg at home with Poppa and Wilbur as they could here! Poppa would do anything to make sure his dragon came out ok.

His scowl only remained as Mr. Coleman talked with Drez, shifting with yet another disapproving wrinkle of his nose. When this dragon hatched it was coming straight home. With him and Poppa and Wilbur. And it would be happy with them because he would be the one taking care of it...not these icky people.

"I can touch it?" he spoke in wonderment, looking back to the egg. "Yeth. I'd like to touch mine too." He still seemed...disappointed, but the prospect of handling the egg would make everything much better.

"I have a question for you, Mr. Coleman," Wilbur ventured, turning some towards the teacher. "Reese's father would like to know what sort of preparations should be made for the hatchling's home coming. You mentioned these are aquatic; I'll assume that means a pool of some sort?"  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:18 am
Drez was a little disapointed on more of what his dragon was going to look like, but was happy that at least he would beable to take it swimming with him. Which he loved so much. "Ya and thank you Mr. Coleman." he said as he sat down bringing his tail around to the front to brase the egg on and hands out. Excited to hold his egg. "Would you might know how big the dragon might get?" As his tougne was flicking takeing in all the scents he could and especialy his dragon.  

naggeela

Perilas_Coleman
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 5:02 pm
Peri smiled and fetched out Reese's egg for the boy, glancing at the man as a question was asked. Once he was sure that the egg was safely in the boy's arms, he turned his attention to Wilbur. "A pool would be ideal, yes, since most aquatic dragons are more adept in water. But it's not necessarily required. Mostly, just be prepared with a lot of meat as dragons are carnivores and will eat a lot."

The man turned to Drez. "No, I don't. I don't really know a lot about these dragons, other than a few facts, such as the fact that they're aquatic. But my guess would be something close to the size of a single story house, like a lot of the other dragons, though they could be smaller or larger."

"You two can stay here for a bit longer, if you'd like. Or you can follow along." He motioned to a tech to come supervise, since there were eggs out of their incubators. Then he motioned for Kliken to follow him as he led the boy to an incubator that held clouded water and was hard to see much of anything in it.

"Kliken, you've got a Cruzoor. It's a freshwater type dragon and, believe it or not, the egg is in there... It likes murky water and algae." The man shrugged a bit at that.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:06 am
Kliken hurried along after the teacher when he started to walk along his heart starting to race in his chest. He found himself looking into the cloudy water, doing his best to try to figure out where his egg was. He took a step closer, then another, and another and soon enough he was almost stuck to the glass trying to spot it.

"Cruzoor." He murmured to himself, as if memorizing the name. He turned to look at the teacher, "He will like to swim with me then?" He asked. He had learned not to long ago how to swim from Mr Solon, the idea of having a dragon that would want to do that activity with him was exciting.

After asking the question he turned back to searching, eyes squinting and he thought he caught a glimpse of what might be his egg, "Do they eat the algae?" He had heard about some animals that ate it, types of fish if remembered right.

Maybe the dragon was like them in its liking of aquatic plant life?  

Orpheus Solon
Crew

Stellar Dragon

RuddyPup

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:54 am
Reese was very. Careful. With his egg. It was huge! Bigger outside the tank than it had looked inside! But he held it securely, his eyes bulging out as they tried to see the whole thing for what it was. He gently ran his fingers over the smooth surface, wanting to memorize every curve.

"You're tho beautiful," he spoke quietly to the egg, awestruck...his tail curling about excitedly. It was then that he hugged his egg, as full as he could possibly manage, pressing his cheek against the shell and feeling the warmth inside. It would be the best dragon in the whole world...because it was his dragon.

Wilbur sighed some at the answer he received from Mr. Coleman. That...did not bode well. A dragon the size of a house with a swimming pool to match him. And probably a salt water pool, too. That meant roughly something the size of a Sea World attraction. Oh well...there was still time, yes? After all, the little scamp hadn't even hatched yet.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:03 pm
"I'm sure your dragon would love to swim with you." The man grinned at the boy's excitement. However, for the next question Peri thought for a moment on it. "It... might. Or it might just be a camoflague thing for the eggs. To hide them so that they can't get hurt. More than likely, your dragon'll eat meat. It will probably prefer fish, but some dragons do eat some pretty strange things..."  

Perilas_Coleman
Crew

naggeela

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:17 pm
Drez was happy to sit there with his egg as Kliken went to see his egg. But kept an ear listening for the information that was given. Wraping his tail all around the egg for some kind of protection to his dragon egg. Touching the egg all around the smooth serface and he even licked it to see if he could catch the scent of the dragon, it was there but faint. Hissing softly he layed his ear down against the shell to see if he could hear the egg. A small part of him didn't want to give the egg back, but he knew if he didn't then the dragon wouldn't hatch and he would have no dragon. But he would give it back when asked.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 10:41 am
Kliken couldn't help but smile and move closer to the tank, he thought he could see the egg though he wasn't exactly sure. The tank was so hard to see into, "Umm... do you think that... that you could find my egg for me to hold?" He asked of the teacher in a quiet and somewhat unsure voice, "If it isn't to much hassle that is."

His egg seemed to enjoy its current came of hide and seek but Reese and Drez had been able to touch their eggs, hold their eggs and he wanted very badly to be able to do the same if the teacher would allow it.  

Orpheus Solon
Crew

Stellar Dragon

Perilas_Coleman
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:31 pm
Peri gave a smile and nodded at the boy. "Sure thing." He got up to reach into the tank. After a few moments, he found the egg and pulled it out. "Here you go!" He handed the egg over to Kliken.

Glancing at the clock, the man headed over to the first two boys. "Okay boys, let's put them back so they don't dry out too much." He placed both eggs back in their correct incubators and then moved over to Kliken to put his away as well.

[Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff