Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Side RP Board
The Start of a Long Road Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:28 pm
"...uh, okay, the heck is that?" Aden asked himself. What emerged from the ball was bad enough, but the laugh that followed sent shivers down his spine. He didn't know a lot about Spiritomb, but he did know that things just got a shade hairy and if anything, he was reminded about the kind of curveball that Whitney's Ditto had proven to be.

Even Raticate looked a little spooked, though he took a deep breath. It wasn't too different from a Focus Energy, but it at least helped to keep the rat calm as well.

"I think we might be in trouble, Raticate... there's still gotta be something we can do here."

"Hm. I had no idea he'd been training a Spiritomb lately. This should be interesting," Sol remarked.

"Yeah, interesting if you wanna watch a horror movie..."  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 11:44 pm
I looked on rather seriously down at the battlefield. I knew a fair bit about Spiritomb. Generally profoundly slow they are, but by God, are they hardy for ghosts. There's nothing sturdier unless you want to talk about a Dusknoir. That's it. Even then, if the Spiritomb is trained well enough, which Morty is a profound expert in the Ghost type, then the lack of speed will probably be a non-issue somehow. Not to mention, naturally, they have rather decent assault power. They will leave a mark. All in all, this is not a Pokemon to really screw with.

"I see that I caught you a bit off guard with Spiritomb, eh?" He asked. "We'll then, get ready for this. Spiritomb! Use Faint Attack!" he shouted.

The Spiritomb faded out before the Raticate then appeared once again behind the Raticate. A ethereal energy blast then discharged from the base to lay a hurt upon the rat.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

RCCaughtem

Interesting Guildsman

5,200 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Married 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:54 pm
Ryan was watching with even greater interest. What an impressive comeback Aden had been putting on! And Morty with 2 pokemon he had never seen. This would of been a tough challenge back in the day. Ryan shifts a bit. "This is it. Time to see if Aden can keep his momentum going. If he can win here and now, it could carry him through the next few gyms." Ryan comments to the crowd around him.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2015 1:45 am
Though Aden had seen what Spiritomb was doing, there wasn't enough time between the reappearance and attack for him to try and warn Raticate. Watching as he took the full brunt of the attack, he knew his options were growing thin and limited. Time wasn't exactly on his side either, with the poisonous spikes that had started as a means to empower his remaining Pokemon now becoming a gradually worsening issue. But, with how close Spiritomb was now...

"Raticate, try to hang on, we'll see this through! Sucker Punch!" He called at once, Raticate spinning to counterattack Spiritomb in an effort to catch it off-guard.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:19 am
Darksol88
Though Aden had seen what Spiritomb was doing, there wasn't enough time between the reappearance and attack for him to try and warn Raticate. Watching as he took the full brunt of the attack, he knew his options were growing thin and limited. Time wasn't exactly on his side either, with the poisonous spikes that had started as a means to empower his remaining Pokemon now becoming a gradually worsening issue. But, with how close Spiritomb was now...

"Raticate, try to hang on, we'll see this through! Sucker Punch!" He called at once, Raticate spinning to counterattack Spiritomb in an effort to catch it off-guard.

The Spiritomb took the strong punch, making the keystone it resides in tilt only so slightly, only to fall back flat on its base again. Apparently this Spiritomb can take a few knocks. "Tomb!" The Pokemon shouted.

"Confuse Ray!" Morty shouted. With a loud cackle, the Spiritomb unleashed a disorienting flash of light upon the rat.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:46 pm
Raticate didn't have a chance to avoid taking in the flash, standing in place for a moment and doing some odd chattering.

"(It's full of stars...)"

"Raticate, snap out of it! Try and calm yourself with a Focus Energy!"

Aden was lucky that Raticate was able to get himself to keep his bearings enough to take a deep breath, feeling more able to find a weak point on this... whatever Spiritomb was. It didn't do anything to ease his disorientation, however.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:06 pm
Darksol88
Raticate didn't have a chance to avoid taking in the flash, standing in place for a moment and doing some odd chattering.

"(It's full of stars...)"

"Raticate, snap out of it! Try and calm yourself with a Focus Energy!"

Aden was lucky that Raticate was able to get himself to keep his bearings enough to take a deep breath, feeling more able to find a weak point on this... whatever Spiritomb was. It didn't do anything to ease his disorientation, however.

"Alright, Spiritomb! Dark Pulse!" Morty shouted.

"Tomb!" The Spiritomb shrilled. From its base, it fired off its powerful dark energy towards the rat.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:33 pm
No amount of calling could help Raticate now, nearly stumbling onto the ground and eating the Dark Pulse in its entirety. Between it and the poison, everything was rapidly taking its toll and whatever semblance of a plan that Aden might've had going in was crumbling to dust before his eyes. He was left grasping at straws, trying to find something, anything he could do to tip the scales again.

Unfortunately, as Raticate slowly got to his feet and struggled to get a good sight of Spiritomb, he had a feeling there wasn't much of a plan left; one way or another, Raticate's going down was only a matter of time that was already against him. "C'mon... is there anything left? A Crunch, a Pursuit... anything!"

Barely able to keep it together, Raticate rushed forward... only to trip and find himself about to end up flopping towards Spiritomb as he tried to bite it with a Crunch.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:42 pm
Darksol88
No amount of calling could help Raticate now, nearly stumbling onto the ground and eating the Dark Pulse in its entirety. Between it and the poison, everything was rapidly taking its toll and whatever semblance of a plan that Aden might've had going in was crumbling to dust before his eyes. He was left grasping at straws, trying to find something, anything he could do to tip the scales again.

Unfortunately, as Raticate slowly got to his feet and struggled to get a good sight of Spiritomb, he had a feeling there wasn't much of a plan left; one way or another, Raticate's going down was only a matter of time that was already against him. "C'mon... is there anything left? A Crunch, a Pursuit... anything!"

Barely able to keep it together, Raticate rushed forward... only to trip and find himself about to end up flopping towards Spiritomb as he tried to bite it with a Crunch.

The Spiritomb winced from the attack, but withstood it nonetheless. "I admire the tenacity on your Raticate, but sorry Aden, this battle is mine." Morty said. "Spiritomb, use Faint Attack."

"TOOOMB!" Just as Aden may have feared, Spiritomb fled away from Raticate, only to reappear behind the rat and discharged a ethreal blast to send the rat packing.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:55 pm
Much as Aden didn't want to admit it, Morty was right. There wasn't even a shred of hope left in salvaging this. He was willing to see the battle through to the end, but when Spiritomb's Feint Attack landed its mark, he quickly recalled Raticate to keep any further pain to a minimum. To his credit, what little bit of fight his Pokemon had left, addled by confusion or not, was already compromised by the poison.

He couldn't afford to let that worsen any more than it already had, even if it looked like he took the wimp's way out. What he did next, however, was slightly more out of his norm. Mindful of any remaining toxic spikes along the ground, he walked closer to Morty and extended a hand. "I guess you were right," he said, trying to remove any hints on his earlier desperation in trying to grasp at straws. "It... was a match."

He wasn't sure if he should've said it was good or bad. If he had said it was good, he knew he would've been reminded of the boneheaded idea of using a grossly inexperienced Eevee against a Gengar. If he had said it was a bad match, he knew he would've let Falkner and Blizzard down pretty quick. Not that what he said sounded much better.

From the stands, Sol decided his best recourse was to keep quiet. And give a glance towards a certain small hybrid beside him that suggested that she might not want to give any remarks unless she felt like saying hello to Morty's ghosts proper.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:15 am
Darksol88
Much as Aden didn't want to admit it, Morty was right. There wasn't even a shred of hope left in salvaging this. He was willing to see the battle through to the end, but when Spiritomb's Feint Attack landed its mark, he quickly recalled Raticate to keep any further pain to a minimum. To his credit, what little bit of fight his Pokemon had left, addled by confusion or not, was already compromised by the poison.

He couldn't afford to let that worsen any more than it already had, even if it looked like he took the wimp's way out. What he did next, however, was slightly more out of his norm. Mindful of any remaining toxic spikes along the ground, he walked closer to Morty and extended a hand. "I guess you were right," he said, trying to remove any hints on his earlier desperation in trying to grasp at straws. "It... was a match."

He wasn't sure if he should've said it was good or bad. If he had said it was good, he knew he would've been reminded of the boneheaded idea of using a grossly inexperienced Eevee against a Gengar. If he had said it was a bad match, he knew he would've let Falkner and Blizzard down pretty quick. Not that what he said sounded much better.

From the stands, Sol decided his best recourse was to keep quiet. And give a glance towards a certain small hybrid beside him that suggested that she might not want to give any remarks unless she felt like saying hello to Morty's ghosts proper.

"Not surprised." Kristy spoke up.

"Oh hush." I said. "It was farther than you originally given him credit for. Even so, neither one of you could hold true to what this gym was about anyhow. Having to rely on a lot of other attacks because of Aden tossing out Pokemon like Raticate."

"A loss is a loss, Blizzard." Kristy then said.

"And...?" I said, standing up. "...you know, I was wrong about one thing though."

"Whats that?"

"You yet to learn a thing called humility. And that is why Morty haven't deemed YOU ready yet." I said, walking off from the stand. Kristy didn't say a word, though it looked that what I said did get under her skin.

Morty shook Aden's hand in return. "Indeed. Don't take this battle too hard though; everyone does suffer a loss every now and then. At that point, you'd essentially be torturing Raticate instead of battling. That said, I...have to admit, I did question some of your choices through this battle. Then again, while I heard good things about you, it wasn't without its rocky situations. You lost to every gym leader other than Bugsy at least once that hear up to this point before beating them. Despite all of that, the fact of the matter is that you and your Pokemon keep trying, which is real commendable. Lesser trainers would have quit long before now like that. I'll be willing to have another go against you. Though in the meantime, you might want to practice up first."  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:57 am
"A loss is a loss, but as I recall, many learn more from their losses than their victories," Sol commented. "I'd worry more about the person who's learned from a hundred losses and wins than the person who's only won two hundred times."

He opted to walk out of the gym after that, Ceramew following close behind. He didn't stray from from outside the gym, however.

"I couldn't do that to him," Aden remarked, not exactly fond of his apparent reputation. Though, at least he could say he hadn't quit trying, and it wasn't something he planned on doing anytime soon. "I don't have the best decisions or planning, but next time, I'll try to have a little less sending an Eevee after a Gengar for starters." Nodding afterwards, he turned back towards Blizzard. "But if you think I'll just rush right back in here after a trip to the Pokemon Center, I'd probably have better luck headbutting a brick wall."

Even now, Aden wasn't sure what came over him. But it was still better than back at Violet City.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:08 am
Darksol88
"A loss is a loss, but as I recall, many learn more from their losses than their victories," Sol commented. "I'd worry more about the person who's learned from a hundred losses and wins than the person who's only won two hundred times."

He opted to walk out of the gym after that, Ceramew following close behind. He didn't stray from from outside the gym, however.

"I couldn't do that to him," Aden remarked, not exactly fond of his apparent reputation. Though, at least he could say he hadn't quit trying, and it wasn't something he planned on doing anytime soon. "I don't have the best decisions or planning, but next time, I'll try to have a little less sending an Eevee after a Gengar for starters." Nodding afterwards, he turned back towards Blizzard. "But if you think I'll just rush right back in here after a trip to the Pokemon Center, I'd probably have better luck headbutting a brick wall."

Even now, Aden wasn't sure what came over him. But it was still better than back at Violet City.

"Well, it has been a rather eventful evening, obviously." Morty said as I finally approached.

"Pretty much. Aden still has a bit ahead of him." I said.

"And it's only going to get tougher once he finally gets by me." Morty then commented.

"Oh he knows." I said, crossing my arms. "At any rate, lets head back to the mansion. We can get Doc to look over your Pokemon over there instead of running all the way to the Pokemon Center. We're in no hurry at this point." I then said to Aden.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:12 am
"Right. We can figure out everything else from there." Aden hurried on out of the gym without another word, though he already knew a good chunk of the plans going forward included practice. And probably more intensive training.  

Darksol88
Vice Captain

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 1:14 am
Darksol88
"Right. We can figure out everything else from there." Aden hurried on out of the gym without another word, though he already knew a good chunk of the plans going forward included practice. And probably more intensive training.

I followed Aden, staring at him in confusion. "Geez...I said no hurry, what does he do? Hurries out." I said to myself. "Aden, good grief, hold up. The mansion isn't going anywhere. I swear, you're like this nearly every battle you lose out on."  
Side RP Board

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 252 253 254 255 256 257 258 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff