Reply Age of Sigmar Discussion
The Orcs and Goblins Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2009 1:30 pm
I don't have any problems with it, since it's rather a collectors model than a gaming piece when it comes to the outrageously sweet details~

Think again before you complain about prices with special order stuff, this is like saying that a FW squiggoth is too expensive.

I'm going to order a piece myself next tuesday anyways, always loved Azhag.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:04 pm
Drachyench
Army I want[ That I don't have (3000 points)]

Lord: Grimgor Ironhide (Inside 19 Black Orc bodyguard w/additional hand weapons) 730pts.

Black Orc Warboss (Inside Black Orc Unit A), Basha's Big Axe of Bashin', Sizzla's Shiny Baubles. 220pts.

Hero: Borgut Facebeater(In Big'Un Orc Unit) 175pts.

Orc Shaman(Level 2), 2 Dispel Scrolls. 150pts.

Black Orc Big Boss Battle Standard(In Big'Un Orc Unit A), Gorks Waagh! Banner. 110pts.

Core: Orc Big'Uns unit A(24 Big'Uns), Additional Hand weapons, Standard, Musician, Boss. 192pts.

Orc Big'Uns Unit B(25 Big'Uns), Additional Hand Weapons, Standard, Musician, Boss. 249pts.

Orc Unit(30 Orc Boyz), Additional Hand Weapons, Standard, Musician, Boss. 234pts.

Black Orc Unit(19 Black Orcs), Additional Hand Weapons, Standard, Musician, Boss. 257pts.

Boar Boyz(10 Boar Boyz), Musician, Standard, Boss. 218pts.

Orc Arrer Boyz(16 Arrer Boyz), Musician, Standard, Boss. 140

Special Units: Rock Lobba, Orc Bully. 75pts.

x2 Spear Chukkas, x2 Orc Bullies. 80pts.

Orc Boar Chariot. 80pts.

Orc Chariot. 80pts.

Rare: Effigy of Gork. 0pts.

Total: 2990pts.

Power Dice: 4
Dispel Dice: 3+1 for every Black Orc Lord/Hero within 24" of Effigy
Have you seen the new Azhag the Slaughterer modle  

thekookimonsta

thekookimonsta

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:07 pm
Drachyench
Does anyone else here play Orcs, or is it just me?
i play.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:12 pm
Drachyench
Lozt_1
are they any good? What are the plus and minus' to them? My mate got the starter box and may be sending the orks my way. So any advice is appreciated.

I know it comes with a chariot a boss 16 archers and 18 boyz. What would be the point value of this and what else would be good to add to it? Thanks again...

It also comes with 10 wolf boyz. Here is some info, Orcs rely mostly on the stronger "Orcs" for actually hurting stuff, the goblins are just there to absord fire and use their numbers to beat enemies in Combat, as they are cheap and they don't cause panic when fleeing by orcs. The Orcs won't win any archery contests, but they can still hurt with their war machines. The Chariot will cause anywhere between 2 and 7 automatic S5 hits on the charge, plus 2 WS3 S5 hits and WS3 S4 hits on the charge, so don't let that happen, kill it by charging it instead. Now, the Boyz with command are a problem, they can get a potential 7 WS3 S4 attacks and 3 WS+S4 attacks, so try to trim them down by shooting. All in all, keep the Orcs away from your troops, and never let them charge.
Buying a shamen would also be useful for your army. iI prefer goblin shamens but thats just me.  

thekookimonsta

thekookimonsta

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:14 pm
Shinobi_8745
I don't have any problems with it, since it's rather a collectors model than a gaming piece when it comes to the outrageously sweet details~

Think again before you complain about prices with special order stuff, this is like saying that a FW squiggoth is too expensive.

I'm going to order a piece myself next tuesday anyways, always loved Azhag.
Azhag owns his a shamen a warrior.Plus his on a wyvern.:3  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:24 pm
Drachyench
Orcs are awesome, and although they lack armor saves, the T4 makkes it harder for shots to hurt them in the first place.
They werent made for that can of battle.They still kick but i every other thing.  

thekookimonsta

thekookimonsta

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:31 pm
thekookimonsta
Drachyench
Army I want[ That I don't have (3000 points)]

Lord: Grimgor Ironhide (Inside 19 Black Orc bodyguard w/additional hand weapons) 730pts.

Black Orc Warboss (Inside Black Orc Unit A), Basha's Big Axe of Bashin', Sizzla's Shiny Baubles. 220pts.

Hero: Borgut Facebeater(In Big'Un Orc Unit) 175pts.

Orc Shaman(Level 2), 2 Dispel Scrolls. 150pts.

Black Orc Big Boss Battle Standard(In Big'Un Orc Unit A), Gorks Waagh! Banner. 110pts.

Core: Orc Big'Uns unit A(24 Big'Uns), Additional Hand weapons, Standard, Musician, Boss. 192pts.

Orc Big'Uns Unit B(25 Big'Uns), Additional Hand Weapons, Standard, Musician, Boss. 249pts.

Orc Unit(30 Orc Boyz), Additional Hand Weapons, Standard, Musician, Boss. 234pts.

Black Orc Unit(19 Black Orcs), Additional Hand Weapons, Standard, Musician, Boss. 257pts.

Boar Boyz(10 Boar Boyz), Musician, Standard, Boss. 218pts.

Orc Arrer Boyz(16 Arrer Boyz), Musician, Standard, Boss. 140

Special Units: Rock Lobba, Orc Bully. 75pts.

x2 Spear Chukkas, x2 Orc Bullies. 80pts.

Orc Boar Chariot. 80pts.

Orc Chariot. 80pts.

Rare: Effigy of Gork. 0pts.

Total: 2990pts.

Power Dice: 4
Dispel Dice: 3+1 for every Black Orc Lord/Hero within 24" of Effigy
Have you seen the new Azhag the Slaughterer modle
Dude your army owns mine. you have an awsome army you must have a lot of monye or friends how give you modles they dont use. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 6:21 am
Oh geebus lad... you can't go and reply to old posts like that... D:  

Shinobi_8745

thekookimonsta

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:26 pm
Drachyench
Lozt_1
Most of that was greek to me but thanks for the advice. I have not played fantasy in like 14 years... I am hoping to only build a small army so my friend can use his skaven on occassion... Whats good to add then Lots and lots more Orks? Should I avoid Goblins as much as possible when I buy stuff?

No, Goblins GOOD! Night Goblin Fanatics cause d6 S5 no armor save hits when they move into enemy units, the cannot be assaulted in Combat, they are fearless, and if you have a Goblin Hero in the Night Goblin Hero in the unit, you can do up to 2d6 S5 armor save ignoring hits on the first turn. That means, with luck, fanatics can cause 36 hits on a unit the turn they are released. And the wolf riders, they can, with some luck, charge up to 48" on one turn. And get snotlings, they may be weak, but they hold enemy units like nothing else can. A full Snotling unit has 30 unbreakable wounds. Plus their chariots cause 2d6 impact hits instead of the normal d6. Plus, night goblin shamans have the mushrooms that can make their spells go off more often. But if you want troops to kill stuff in Combat, get more orcs. I'll explain more, if you want.
lol most of my army is goblins lol xd  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:28 pm
Shinobi_8745
what do you mean.  

thekookimonsta

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2009 1:40 am
thekookimonsta
Shinobi_8745
what do you mean.
You reply to old-old posts, it's not really allowed to reply to old posts like that.

And try not to make several new posts either, sum everything up in one please, even if directed at several people you can comment to all of them in one post.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 20, 2009 10:39 pm
Kookimonsta, stop multiposting. If you think of things that you want to add, there's a spiffy little "edit" button on posts that you can use to correct your first post to add content.

Also, stop quoting old posts.  

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Fri Nov 06, 2009 2:41 pm
Ok, early news, it's been confirmed that Orcs and Goblins will get a new armybook in the beginning of 2011, discuss.

What I hope they change is that big uns won't be so goddamn expensive... And take goblins back to 2 points basis (including shields on both types), look at Skaven now, for the current point costs you get both shield AND spear with the new book, which pretty much sucks...

The orcs and goblins magic items list needs a slight bit of re-work, atleast bringing back an armour or two, I'm pretty happy with the weapons and the enchanted items, but the talisman section could need the shiny baubles back once again...

Sinking the points on black orcs is a MUST! Compare them to other elite units around the same point cost... They have A2 at basis, often stubborn or something else and high WS. I don't want black orcs to get 2 A or something... Perhaps a banner which can make them stubborn though, or ws5 which I find pretty realistic since they're all in about fighting the battle. But nyeh... I don't really think I want a ws change either now when I think about it... Just cheaper black orcs.

War machines is something I'm happy with, yes yes, cheap and good! Just how I LIKE IT! Gotta love greenskin gunlines! Deadly as hell!

The spell list is something I like as well, I wouldn't mind keeping it.

Characters overall is nice, don't wanna change that too, neither special characters, but perhaps one who makes orc boar boyz into core units? I kinda miss the nomandic waaagh from the alternate armylists from the back of the old book.

Some units needs plastic models as well... There is boar boyz and new wolf boyz in making, which might hit the shelves this summer as it seems, but not too sure when the cavalry "campaign" will take place which they've been mentioning... But I'm really looking forward to it.

Plastic squigs would be something, perhaps a box much like the rat ogre/giant rat box, getting 5 hoppers and 2 teams of squigs perhaps or maybe 3 teams? I wouldn't mind it.

Savage orcs needs a new box, I love the current models ALOT! But... They're hard to come over and they're expensive... And I don't only want additional choppa boyz... Or do I?

The new starter box have already been discussed at GW as it seems, greenskins will yet again be in it as well as the Empire, I belive GW wants more people to go for the Empire again.

-brainstop- Dx  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 07, 2009 7:19 am
I think Trolls should be rethought. Not in the way they work but the points cost. It's more cost effective and a better option to just take a unit of mercenary Ironguts.

As an afterthought, don't GW have a few more armies to revamp before going back to orcs and goblins already? What about Wood Elves or Tomb Kings?  

Lord Thuddleton

Shinobi_8745

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:50 am
Note the 2011.

Wood Elves work fine as they are, haven't heard anyone complain on them (apart from other players who don't like facing them) Tomb Kings on the other hand will most likely be taken care of before the greenskins.

Trolls works fine as they are now, I gladly pay 180 points for 3 Stone Trolls, they have yet to fail me (and remember that I almost only use them in Goblin themed forces). Ironguts aren't as fun and they lack the punching power and resilience that trolls have against cavalry, regen helps better than 5+ armour save, and a MR2 they can take a beating, but sure Ogre Mercenaries are more reliable than trolls.  
Age of Sigmar Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff