Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply { Completed Events } -------- Past Event Archives Here
{ MISSION ORP } TIMES SQUARE END PART 1 P.27 Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Pales

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:31 pm
"Hah! Glad to be the one doin' the helpin' then, Sweetpea," he laughed rather boisterously. He rolled a broad shoulder into a shrug, "I ain't much believin' in the Doom talk, cause we're gonna do it right and we're gonna be a'ight."

Ever the optimist, however foolish it might have been.

He blushed at her words and gave a lighter laugh at her gesture against his cheek, "N'aw Darlin, you coulda hugged me whenever. I never object t'hugs from a pretty gal," each word dripped with sincerity and kindness. There was a small fear within him that maybe he would not see any of the Hunters around him again. Remy, Debbie, even Julien and Mya who he barely really knew and well just about everyone he either recently met or had always known. He thought them to be good folk even if they mocked him at one point.

{Don't go gettin' all soft and squishy.}

He gave a small grunt though it was likely more in response to Debbie's words, "Ready as I'll ever be, Darlin'. Gotta go out there and do what we can, right?"

His job was to swing his weapon and bring things down. Reuben felt he could do a more than adequate job at that - he had every intention of surviving.

Enoh Love

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:36 pm
Isaac tried in vain to wrap his arms around all three of his friends, but failing, eventually settled on just mashing himself in against everyone else.

"Right. Right. No goodbyes," he said softly. His brown head lowered for a moment, as though trying to hide what emotions were flying across his face.
"And shut up Cliff," his voice, despite himself, wobbled-- he didn't really mean that. "You're going to make me cry."

And then just like that the hug was over. He took a step back to give a last look at all the people he'd met and had come to care for, during his time as a hunter; Zoey, his brave little sister; Cliff, like an obnoxious older brother and best friend; Adam, like a little brother to him, always glad to see him hanging around Zoey. He'd probably be with Adam, he realized, when time was up-- they were both FEAR hunters in the end.

"And... wipe your mouth, Cliff," Isaac sniffed. He dabbed at his eyes with the back of his sleeve. "You look like a vampire that just ate."

He didn't want to think about the fact that he had killed vampires before. He reached out a chewed brown hand, and ruffled the top of Zoey's hair.
"Do good, alright?" he said to her. "Take care of Cliff. He's a big baby about his hat."

Rabid Ice Weasel

Ol-j-man

x_Nata_x

Trundlebug

Trundlebug

IRL Noob

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:37 pm
Where hunters really this sexual? Certainly Lowe had been engaged in sex shortly before coming out for this, he'd even kissed Em and Marsh, but the seemingly endless parade of flesh and passion that was swirling around him seemed a bit excessive. He had spent his time alone, even though he was a happy eighteen year old boy who enjoyed occasional bouts of affection.

Still...he felt like walking, like moving. Staying in one place was too much for his nerves, and he slung Afzal over both his shoulders before he went on walking. . . .right into the back of someone. Oops.

kuromeez

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:43 pm
15 minutes until the mission started.

:We should probably get back to where the others are. They could be starting the mission any minute now.:

Cody had broke away from the group of hunters in order to avoid letting anyone see him upset. It wasn't the knowledge that they could die tonight that was bringing his mood down. Not really. He knew since he joined the hunters that his life span would be short and that he could be killed at any moment. What he was upset about was leaving his two friends behind to fend for themselves. The thought of leaving either of them behind was painful. Painful enough to make the always cheerful hunter, depressed and moody. In fact, the time he spent away from them, had probably been the easiest. While he was away, he didn't have to worry about going on missions and seeing them get hurt, but today? Today that all changed. Today they were all literally walking towards their death and there was no avoiding it.

"Just let me stay here a little longer..." He sighed, slipping both hands into his pockets as he leaned against a crate.

December was such a nasty month to be standing outside in.

:Well don't stay here too long. Or they really will leave you behi---:

Before Dimitri could finish his sentence, Cody's phone went off. Which made the hunter tense all over. However flipping it open he instantly relaxed.

Text from Cody
Heyya' Becca! I'm fine. You missed some excitement from 'Lars' earlier though.
PS: Have you found Lex yet?

He flipped the phone shut again, hand shaking slightly as he pushed himself off the crates.

Now that Becca was here, it was time to go back. If they were going to be starting the mission soon, he wanted to spend what remaining time he had left with his two friends.

User Image

Charge: 2/2

Nyxtsuki Moon

Kyrieko

OnionGrump

Mewling Trash

Miliardo Kason

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:43 pm
He nodded to Em, "Don't worry no intentions of that just a little chat is all." He guided her to the side slowly arms crossing as she spoke, crisp and professional, they might not get along but she was able to put it aside and keep it proper. He had to respect that...

Was that blush the same one Gabby got after a shot? Julio had said....

"You drank that whole bottle didn't you." He was deadpan before shaking his head with a lazy grin, "You of all people, would be the last person I expect to do something like that before a mission." He paused glancing around, "But I guess we've all been doing things before this one." He frowned for a moment, how to put it considering how much s**t he gave her?

"Heidi, I'm sorry about yesterday, and for about the last god knows how many years of bullshit. You deserve that position." He reached over placing a hand on her shoulder offering it a few heavy pats. "Brown Nose or not, you've done well and that's a lot to say among us." He glanced towards Gabby sighing, "Never thought I would see the day where I would almost frown on her acting like that."

He shook his head, "******** christ I'm sounding like the rest of these kids getting sentimental." He started to move away walking backwards for a moment. "When you get the promotion, drinks on me. I'll get you something better then a little dollar bottle shot when you do it."

Eventually he made his way back to Gabby shrugging his shoulders. "Lars already ******** it up once, the weapons should be charged now, only a few more minutes till things begin." He shrugged a bit, "Might as well save your voice and let the Leaders scold the kids."

Eight

Huni Pi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:48 pm
"Y-You're all big babies." Yes even you, Adam. Looks like Zoey was biting her lip and trying not to cry. It wasn't like they hadn't gone on big missions before, or even big missions separate. Why was she being so sensitive? Maybe because the one time she got to be in a big city like New York was for an apocalyptic debriefing, where a girl would normally be on a shopping spree or seeing Broadway, and oh God damn it she hadn't seen them in weeks they couldn't break up so soon.

She caught a lucky break in Isaac's hair-ruffling, since it gave her an excuse to fix her face without looking too suspicious. "C-Course," she mumbled, her right eye stinging from wiping away at it; burns and all. "And you better bring yourself and Adam back in one piece, or I swear . . . I swear I'll be sticking a new 'Excaliber' in both your stupid corpse asses. And I'll call Cliff the most macho, a-and the smartest, and I won't ever complain about his smoking ever again."

No excuses. Isaac could heal, Adam could shield. Of course they'd come back.

Rabid Ice Weasel

x_Nata_x

Rabid Ice Weasel

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Saliru

Cluttered Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:52 pm

"Ffff... ******** you sir, you can't make me sing." She grunted. Outright refusing like she's done every year.

"Especially if you dirt nap on me." She added in a subtle mental jab of 'you'd better not'.

She smiled as he gave her a proper little kiss on the lips and she seemed... too startled by the fact he actually did it to do anything about it.

"Oh... Okay. Wait! You're the one who needs luck. You're front line fodd - err... I mean. You're ... the... brave champions going out the gates first?" She chuckled a bit too loudly as she wasn't sure what to... say to that. What? Seriously. She fell quiet again as she repeatedly tried to kick start her brain. Dopily gazing about at the flurry of hunters buzzing.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:53 pm
Gear, with his fedora hat tipped low, watched all the affectionate going ons around them. He had taken into silent observation, like Titania, standing next to the silent female. Lifting his fedora hat, the top fitting neatly into the palm of his arm as he let his hair breathe, the unruly blond hair refusing to be flattened even by the constant pressure of his hat .. He cocked a small grin in her direction, his voice barely carrying over the sounds of all the kisses, crying and various other things.

"What, no goodbyes for you?"

He held his fedora hat to his chest, his other hand brushing through his hair.

Kheleksul

revenant aria

danse-hexe

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:55 pm
She wasn't too surprised to see Caelius crouching behind a pretty, busty girl. It seemed whenever she saw him that was what he was doing, and as she walked past him she murmured a small prayer for the fate of the Sun division.

His arm, at least, had been bandaged, though she winced a little as she noticed he was still bleeding through them. Frowning, she pulled her scarf off and tied it tightly around his arm. She'd considered tying a bow, but the poor boy-no, she supposed he was technically a man- probably embarrassed himself enough without her help. Andy didn't bother greeting him, though; it was to Titania that she turned and introduced herself.

"Hey," she smiled. "Andy, death division. You've got a stray puppy hanging around you, in case you didn't notice."

Zoobey

kheleksul

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:57 pm
Adam didn't realize that anyone was crying until the hug broke and they all pulled away. Was this... was this an event for crying? He had never been a man for tears, and so in the awkward moment he smirked and locked Zoey around the neck in a friendly way, shoving Cliff.

"Of course we'll be back. Come on. What do you take us for?"

<< Humans. >>

"You couldn't pay me to leave you guys. What would life be without the smartass cowboy, the blind hero, and..." He looked to Zoey and smooched the top of her head, his arm still hooked around her neck. "and Zo to keep us sane, of course." Except they may not make it back, or they may return to corpses. It was best to not think about it. Ignorance was often bliss.

Ol-j-man

x_Nata_x

Trundlebug

bobaTJ

x_Nata_x

Interesting Conversationalist

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:57 pm
Zoey's comment coaxed a genuine laugh from the 'cowboy,' his arms wrapping around the group just as Isaac kind of just squished them together. When they pulled away, Cliff lifted arm to dab the blood from the back of his hand, pulling it back to look at the smear of blood before glancing around the group. His eyes paused on Zoey, the way she bit her lip, and Cliff made a sad face at her, reaching over to wrap an arm around her shoulders, pulling her close. "'S'ok darlin, Adam and Isaac are coming back. Aren't ya, boys?" he offered her, looking between Adam and Isaac questioningly as he leaned down to kiss the top of her head just as the brunnette spoke up.

The hat again. Throughout the time they'd known each other, Isaac had always commented on his hat, more often than not referring to it as 'stupid,' and then following it up by calling him stupid. It was a little thing, something he hadn't taken much time to think about, but now he paused, not even having to consider the decision before he spoke up. "It's you who can't shut up about my hat -- I think you secretly like it," he retorted, lifting an eyebrow at the other man. Grinning, he reached up to take off the cowboy hat, dropping it onto Isaac's head before pointing at him. "I expect that back."

And then the moment was broken. Doing a double-take, he stared down at the burned girl, mouth hanging open a second before he started to grin. "HEY," he gaped at Zoey, laughing at her insinuation.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:59 pm
"Hardly as cute as a stray puppy," Titania sounded amused. "He said he's 'hiding',"Possibly a new category for stress responses? Ellya remarked sarcastically. "I should think there are better places to hide. Like maybe the bathrooms: if you're found in there, the others would assume you just had a case of the runny bowels."

"Here, may I suggest hiding in plain sight? I find it seems to work a lot better." She offered her hand - and a smile - to the Cael. "Hi, I'm Titania Bellivere, of moon division. It's nice to meet the both of you."

Zoobey

Danse-hexe

kheleksul

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:02 pm
Actually, after he bumped into someone, Lowe felt something hit him against his leg. It was the camera he'd smuggled along for some reason, the silly polariod too precious for him to apparently leave behind (actually he left one at the island too, but), and he pulled it out and opened it up. Instantly he snapped a photo of a group, then another, and was very glad that he'd brought along extra rolls of film too.

Lowe was by no means a photographer but he certainly did like to watch people - photos made watching them last longer, that was all. In a quiet voice he started ushering people together, perhaps with his weapon pushing them into place or an actual verbal cue, but whatever he did it was clear.

He wanted a final group photo, because this would be the end.

"Um...hey? anyone? Everyone? Photo time, get together?"

YELL LOUDER.

No.

YES

"I AM TAKING A PHOTO, PLEASE GATHER HERE."

GOOD BOY.

OOC: LOWE IS TAKING A PHOTO! EVERYONE GATHER IN, THIS MIGHT BE YOUR LAST CHANCE TO HAVE EVERYONE WITH YOU BEFORE THE NEW YEAR RINGS IN!

( approved by Zoo, btw)  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:05 pm
... Lowe was being too quiet, in all this noise. "HEY," Marsh yelled. "TAKING PICTURES. SQUISH TOGETHER AND SMILE."  

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:06 pm

He found he was surprisingly flustered by what he'd just done and likewise tried to pretend it was really nothing with the same kind of smiling dopiness that Jess had adopted.

Thank you. He mentally stated to Argyll for making him do it. Welcome was all she purred back at him. She really had grown over the years to know him as well as himself.

"Yeah, I know, I'll need a little bit of luck out there, but I'd call that luck enough for me." he gave her a silly little typically Dave wink. "It'll keep me warm."

As the call went up for a photo, Dave could only blink, still holding her hand. "Lets go get our photo taken." he added with a broad smile, before trying to drag her over with him to Lowe.

Rown

{ Completed Events } -------- Past Event Archives Here

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces