Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Outdoor RP Areas
[ORP] The Beach Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 246 247 248 249 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rachel Collison

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:18 pm
No sooner had Nita finished speaking than the skin at the area in question began to spilt apart, drawing a pained and frightened shriek from Rachel. Less than a minute later, a second mouth, considerably larger than her "real" one was revealed. It was complete with the sharp pointed teeth and a tounge.

When it was done being exposed, Rachel's changes were finally over. She sat there for quite some time, in a state of complete shock. She attempted to speak, but couldn't manage to make herself say anything. What did one say when they've grown an entire second set of jaws?

After a while, Rachel raised a trembling, shrunken hand to the new mouth as if trying to confirm that this was no dream.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:30 pm
Nita's first thought was that Rachel's throat was being slit and she was going to be beheaded. The reality was almost as gruesome, and somehow more unexpected. Nita covered her mouth, feeling vaguely ill as that gaping slit became a second mouth. Huge, gruesome, and full of teeth.

"Oh. My. God," she mumbled; her words were mostly unintelligible from her hands being in the way, but the sentiment was clear.

"Um. Well." Nita's legs gave out and she sat back, hard, in the sand.  

Nita MacNeal

Rachel Collison

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:59 pm
Rachel looked past her trembling hands to Nita, her horror-striken face and falling over giving no illusion as to what the Red Panda girl thought about her changes. Seeing someone else react that way to her changes made it that much worse for Rachel. She sat there for several long minutes, staring at Nita, before attempting to speak again.

"Wh- what happened...to me?" she managed to say. Speaking felt very strange as air ran through the other mouth as well, causing a very breathy sound to come out of it. She knew she should feel like crying or screaming, or something. All she felt was numbness, however, except for the lingering throbbing pain from her changes.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:03 pm
Nita had seen Cassidy lose her arms all-together. She had seen Billy change, and been squirted with ink. She had watched while Lauren's legs and feet stretched, longer and longer. But that was just how 'their' animals looked and worked. Orcas did not have two mouths. Something was very, very wrong.

"You have another mouth," Nita replied, her voice oddly calm. She blinked a few times, as if that could clear her vision, make that oversized maw disappear.  

Nita MacNeal

Rachel Collison

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:09 pm
"But....why?...How?" Rachel asked, as her knowledge was confirmed, and as if Nita could give her the sought after answers. Her voice carried a hint of panic as it sunk in and became less of a dream she could wish away or wake up from. No one else she had seen had ended up a freak...or more of a freak. What was wrong?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:15 pm
Nita could only shake her head slowly. "I've got no ******** clue. Jesus Christ." The phrase 'That's just not normal' seemed to be lurking just behind her lips, but that wouldn't help at all. None of this was 'normal.'

"Look, can you walk? We should get you back to your duplex... And uh, call the labs, I guess."  

Nita MacNeal

Rachel Collison

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:23 pm
"I...don't know." Rachel tried to ignore the breathy sound and strange sensations that came from the other mouth as she spoke. At least she wasn't dead?

She used her smaller arms the best she could, to try and push herself off the ground. Rachel tenetively stood in place for a moment determining whether she could support herself. Her hands were still shaking, but she seemed about to support herself and took a few small steps without any mishaps.

"I...think I can make it back to my room," Rachel said nodding, though her voice sounded slightly unsure. It was kind of a long ways, but she would try. She had to.

"What will the labs do, do you think?" she asked Nita as she took a few more slow steps towards the village.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:28 pm
Nita got to her feet, wondering what the hell she would do if Rachel couldn't get herself up. Fortunately, the girl seemed to be alright, even if she was a bit wobbly. Nita didn't blame her. "Good, good," she said, encouraging her. "I'll walk with you, make sure you get in okay."

The trip was painstakingly slow, but the two girls made progress.

"They'll probably take you in, see if they can figure out what went wr-- Er, see if they can fix it," Nita amended.  

Nita MacNeal

Rachel Collison

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:37 pm
"I hate doctors," Rachel muttered. "But...if I don't go get some help...I wonder what will happen to me." She knew she didn't have a choice about going to see the people in the labs about her change. It was nice to wish that it could be fixed without going in there, though.

"I...hope they don't keep me for very long...." Rachel said the statement evenly, but if Nita were listening closely, she might have heard a hint of fear in the whale girl's voice, that was associated with her last long-term stay at the hospital.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 9:43 pm
Nita bit her lip and reached up to pat Rachel's arm again. "I don't like doctors either. But in this case, I think they'll be your best bet..." Because they did this to you.

It had been several years since Nita's extended hospital visit, but the memories were still clear in her mind. Especially when, at times like this, she was forcefully reminded that she was, ultimately, a medical experiment.

As they approached the outskirts of the village, Nita let Rachel take the lead, not knowing which duplex was hers.  

Nita MacNeal

Rachel Collison

PostPosted: Thu Feb 15, 2007 10:15 pm
"Yeah...I know..." Rachel led Nita towards her duplex, unaware that the islander whom she had arrived with and who happened to be her downstairs neighbor had suffered a similar fate. She looked at the stairs that led to her duplex, uncertainly. Would they hold her weight ok?

Tenetively Rachel put her weight on the first step. It creaked slightly but didn't seem to have trouble managing the girl's added weight. Breathing a sigh of relief, she turned to Nita.

"Thank you...I'm...not quite sure what I would have done if I had been alone out there. Did...you want to come up?" Despite her usual wish to be alone, Rachel didn't really want to be without company at the moment. She was still shaken by what had happened to her, and calls to the labs were never fun.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 10:12 pm
Nita hesitated at the bottom of the stairs, momentarily alarmed by the rather ominous creaking. But they held up just fine; Nita exhaled.

"I can if you want," she replied. "It's not like I've got any major plans..." Nita glanced over her shoulder at the rising sun, still sitting low on the horizon. "If you don't mind the company, of course."

That left it up to Rachel, if she wanted company or not. And in spite of herself, Nita wanted to know what the hell had gone wrong. Focusing on someone else's problems would also keep her from thinking about her own- for a little while.  

Nita MacNeal

Rachel Collison

PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 10:19 pm
"I don't really think I want to be alone now, plus I really don't like calling the labs and support would be nice. I don't even know where to begin really, as far as asking them questions about this..." said Rachel. "So, if you don't mind, it would be nice..." she offered a hopeful smile automatically, before almost immediately wiping it from her face. She belatedly realized that it must look rather grotesque, or very akward at the least, with her new features.

"Come on up if you want," Rachel said as a kind of final statement before starting to head the rest of the way up the stairs, hoping Nita would follow her.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:43 pm
New rp

The stars were shining in between holes of the dark cloud cover over head. Lauren smelled rain in the air, and knew it was comming. She didn't really care she wanted to be out there looking at the vast and seemingly never endoing expansion of dark water rolling back and forth from the island shore. She was close enough at times the waves kissed her hairy mutated feet, wetting down the yellow fur that covered them. She had thoughts about going out and just swimming until she couldn't swim anymore, into the nothing herself so that all her pain would just wash away into the infinate seas around the island.

Lauren felt just like that, an island, all alone who had just drifted away from her mainland. Broken, a part of herself missing to the waters of her own emotions. She was numb.

She leaned back to look at the sky, wearing just her ebony bikini with a bat necklace. Her ears perked at a noise approaching and a smell that was familiar and appetizing at the same time. It dumbfounded her but her grief quickly masked the hunger as disgust. She didn't feel like eating right now.  

Lauren Granger

Miller Milano

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 7:57 pm
Miller's feet slowly shifted the sand as he walked along the beach his mind wandering as far as the sea. Empty and void of any sort of purpose other then keeping him moving. He had been moving about all day for no reason, he had nothing to do really all day and so his day was another wandering through the jungle and the village.

He looked along the beach seeing a tint of yellow, he only knew one yellow furred islander, most likely Lauren. He continued his way towards her waveing slowly.

Outdoor RP Areas

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 237 238 239 240 241 242 ... 246 247 248 249 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games