Welcome to Gaia! ::

Saving Christianity from Christians

Back to Guilds

a Guild for teh eBil liberals 

Tags: Liberal, Christian, Exegesis, Study 

Reply Main Forum
Guild Chat Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Eltanin Sadachbia

Fashionable Nerd

9,950 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:20 pm
It's the legislation that the House was trying to pass that pretty much turned control over the internet to the Government and Hollywood...

It had pretty much stalled by Monday, but the blackout protest had already been planned... Yet being stalled doesn't mean that is dead... It just lost enough support in the House of Reps that there was no hope to pass it right now...

The Senate has a sister bill that is still in play as of now called PIPA, and it is only different enough to keep the Hollywood dream of owning the interwebz alive and threatening...

I believe SOPA came first so it has the most attention, hopefully people won't forget about PIPA...

Here's a vision of what could be
You should watch the link that the first replier posted...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 5:45 am
Those in Congress forgot what it means to be American...

And I am from New Zealand... and I know this.  

Qyp

Manly Lunatic

rmcdra
Captain

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:50 am
Qyp
Those in Congress forgot what it means to be American...

And I am from New Zealand... and I know this.
Probably why Congress's approval rating is 18% right now. I agree. We need them all out because they do nothing and aren't serving the interest of the people.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 19, 2012 2:01 pm
Internet black out yesterday was very successful.  

rmcdra
Captain

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150

Southern Cross Nemesis

PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:30 am
I have a question ...Those are becoming my new most used words... how does one find out what God's plan for s/he is? I would be fine with just what is the next step in his plan. And how does one know if he is following it

It has came up in another posting, and it has been kind of weighing on my mind since.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:55 am
Hi people~ I've decided to come around. Quote me if you wanna talk.

So anyway... What part of the guild is your favorite? ...And link meh~ Thankies! 4laugh  

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:08 am
Southern_cross_nemesis
I have a question ...Those are becoming my new most used words... how does one find out what God's plan for s/he is? I would be fine with just what is the next step in his plan. And how does one know if he is following it

It has came up in another posting, and it has been kind of weighing on my mind since.

My answer to this would be conscience and gut feeling, assuming complete sanity and knowing the difference between right and wrong biggrin If its intention is not bad and you have the urge to do it, to me, that's kind of like God's message to go for it 4laugh  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:14 pm
Ayame-Yuura
Southern_cross_nemesis

My answer to this would be conscience and gut feeling, assuming complete sanity and knowing the difference between right and wrong biggrin If its intention is not bad and you have the urge to do it, to me, that's kind of like God's message to go for it 4laugh
I only need to repeat a really old saying,

The road to hell is paved with good intentions.

there has to be something else to it. Or half of the major events in the last 100 years would have never happened.  

Southern Cross Nemesis

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 12:42 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis
Ayame-Yuura
Southern_cross_nemesis

there has to be something else to it. Or half of the major events in the last 100 years would have never happened.

Hmm... But if everyone believed that, they'd never act on their good intentions and nothing would be done, no~? wink  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:41 pm
Ayame-Yuura
Southern_cross_nemesis
Ayame-Yuura
Southern_cross_nemesis

Hmm... But if everyone believed that, they'd never act on their good intentions and nothing would be done, no~? wink

So the person who kills someone, because the person killed was labeled some kind of monster. It is in good intentions, the person believed he was doing the world a favor.

The german citizen that bought into Hitler's speeches and turned on there Jewish neighbors. Done in good intentions, cause someone in power said do it.

Satan has a way of making bad intentions seem good.  

Southern Cross Nemesis

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:52 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis
Ayame-Yuura
Southern_cross_nemesis
Ayame-Yuura
Southern_cross_nemesis

So the person who kills someone, because the person killed was labeled some kind of monster. It is in good intentions, the person believed he was doing the world a favor.

The german citizen that bought into Hitler's speeches and turned on there Jewish neighbors. Done in good intentions, cause someone in power said do it.

Then what about Gandhi, Mother Teresa, Joan of Arc... Everyone who stood up for what they believed in, all also done with good intentions?

It's a two-faced coin... But when do you become sure that it's God talking to you and not the devil? What would those ^above^ people have done if they came to a point of thinking it's the devil who told them what they must do and not God~?  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 1:56 pm
Ayame-Yuura
Southern_cross_nemesis
Ayame-Yuura
Southern_cross_nemesis
Ayame-Yuura
Southern_cross_nemesis

Then what about Gandhi, Mother Teresa, Joan of Arc... Everyone who stood up for what they believed in, all also done with good intentions?

It's a two-faced coin... But when do you become sure that it's God talking to you and not the devil? What would those ^above^ people have done if they came to a point of thinking it's the devil who told them what they must do and not God~?
then we are ultimately back to the original questions razz  

Southern Cross Nemesis

Ayame-Yuura

Familiar Darling

11,450 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:05 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis
Ayame-Yuura
Southern_cross_nemesis
Ayame-Yuura
Southern_cross_nemesis

Ahahaha! IKR? Then I doubt anyone can answer this question. Not even a priest knows it all, you know~ wink

But isn't this what we are always taught in religion class --> Do what you think is right.

...Unless you're a deranged lunatic that likes twisting the 10 Commandments, of course xp  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:20 pm
Ayame-Yuura
Southern_cross_nemesis
Ayame-Yuura
Southern_cross_nemesis
Ayame-Yuura
Southern_cross_nemesis

Ahahaha! IKR? Then I doubt anyone can answer this question. Not even a priest knows it all, you know~ wink

But isn't this what we are always taught in religion class --> Do what you think is right.

...Unless you're a deranged lunatic that likes twisting the 10 Commandments, of course xp
12 ... there are 12 commandments in the bible. The 10 spoken of in the story of Moss, and Christ added two.

Love the lord our god
and love thy neighbor as you love your self.  

Southern Cross Nemesis

rmcdra
Captain

Loved Seeker

11,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2012 2:25 pm
Southern_cross_nemesis

Trial and error and observation for the most part. The desert of the real is vast but there is an oasis. Look at the one's who have found the living water and see what they did to find it. Remember it takes confidence and trust starting out.  
Main Forum

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 21 22 23 24 25 26 ... 40 41 42 43 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games