Welcome to Gaia! ::

Galactic Empire: The Official Star Wars Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Star Wars guild since it's creation nearly 8 years ago. Join the Empire, be part of the legacy. 

Tags: Star Wars, Official, Jedi, Sith, Empire 

Reply The Second Imperium
Mos Eisley Cantina Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aelis Mikilai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:43 pm
Since when is DBZ a soap? o_O [tries to visualize]

Buu: I WILL CRUSH YOU PUNY SEIYAN!
Goku: HA! BRING IT ON!
[fightfightfightfight]
Vegeta: No Goku! You have to stop!
Goku: Huh? Vegeta, what--
Vegeta: You can't kill Buu!
Goku: Why not?! He killed my father!!
Buu: No, Goku, I AM your father!
Goku: NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

stare

*cough*

PostPosted: Sun Aug 07, 2005 11:46 pm
I think it counts as a soap because of the shitloads of dialouge they have with hardly any real action, and they force the suspense and drag things out and just go overboard with that crap until it's just stupid, repetitive crap.  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Aelis Mikilai

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:06 am
I agree with the stupid repetitive crap part stare But i always thought the 'action' such as it is, outweighed the dialogue....? I dunno, when i watched it, i didn't watch it for very long xp  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:20 am
It's always the same.

Bad guy comes to destroy Earth.
The battle takes forever. Almost every time, whenever they do those blasts that make smoke clouds, they think they won, and are suprised when the bad guy only has a scratch at most.
Battle continues on and on, and there is hardly any teamwork between either side. The almost ALWAYS fight 1-on-1 while everyone else just stands there not bothering to help, then they complain when they're losing.
Bad guy is eventually defeated.
Good guys train to get more powerful.
Regardless how much power they gain, the next bad guy is ALWAYS just out of their league except for Goku, Piccolo, Vegeta, or Gohan usually.

Now, take the Buu saga. Goku fights Buu solo at one point with everyone else at Kame's lookout. Why the Hell don't they ever try to attack the single bad guy all at once?  

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

Missing00

Invisible Guildsman

9,100 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Noob wrangler 100
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:58 am
this is the formula for any DBZ saga:

Bad guy comes to earth,
good guys try to beatup bad guy,
bad guy kicks good guy's a**,
good guy trains to be super strong,
Good guy kicks bad guy's a**.
Lather, rinse, repeat.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:22 am
oh, so that's where the 'soap' comes in...  

Nospai Deathous

Darkened Angel
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:33 am
In the overly abundant dialouge where they try to make drama.

In other news, I'm sitting at home in nothing but lingerie. Will knowing this amuse the perverts of this guild, or just sound stupid to everyone? We'll find out at 11.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 2:36 am
missing nin itachi

Lather, rinse, repeat.

i meant that. that's were the 'soap' comes in. >.>;

...waitaminute. wth are you lounging in lingerie?  

Nospai Deathous

Sol Walker
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 5:57 am
...good question, why is she in lingere? confused  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 6:56 am
We'll find out at 11?

You know, if you take that the wrong way, that makes me qonder what age you are. 10? 7? how many years must we wait?

Or is it the age limit you must be to see the pictures from your webcam which i jacked?  

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200

FrozenPhoenix32

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 10:44 am
[voice=Govanator] I'm Back. [/voice]  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:27 am
On the subject of anime...

I am planning to work on a Star Wars fanfic, using a crossover of the anime series The Slayers. It's actually more of a parody of Slayers that uses Star Wars characters (some of whom are going to have to be WAY OOC for it all to work), but...yeah. I'm trying to match up characters in Slayers to characters in Star Wars.

Has anyone seen the show, and could help me?

((...the sad thing is, I came up with the idea when watching an AMV.))  

GetsurinKoneko

Nelowulf
Vice Captain

Codger

6,200 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:31 am
If it was Gundam or Kenshin or Trigun, I could... slayers... nah, can't help ya there.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 11:40 am
You know what would be easier? How about I give you little personality snippets on the characters I'm looking for, and THEN this would be easier. Yeah...

Lina Inverse: The main heroine of the series, and one of the strongest sorceresses in the Slayers world. Though she tries her best to fight for the good ideals, her motivations usually involve wealth and riches. She is strong-willed and loyal to her friends and cause, and likes to get things done quickly. She also has a big stomach. mrgreen

Gourry Gabriev: A "knight-in-shining-armor" type, who joins Lina as a protector (and, it seems, a love interest - they kiss at one point). He is determined to protect Lina, even after seeing her defeat many strong enemies. He wields the Sword of Light, apparently the most powerful sword known to the people of the Slayers world. Though, he is a little aloof...okay, a bit of an idiot.

Zelgadiss Graywords: A chimera - 1/3 golem, 1/3 demon, 1/3 human - who starts out as Lina's enemy because she takes something that he planned to use to...well...make himself un-chimera. Though...he becomes their friend by the end of the first season. He is also a swordsman, but is also a pretty good spellcaster, specializing in Spirit Magic. He is a very quiet and precise person, and is uneasy about romance.

...Let's start there!  

GetsurinKoneko

NickCpointless

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2005 12:22 pm
Dragonball z a soap well it shure makes a change from eastenders (british soap) rofl
i prefer ghost in the shell
hellsing
trgun and mostly things based in the future
not herd of Slayers whats it about?

so here i am sat with my hk-47 wondering why this bar never closes lol
Nick pointless:im bored
HK-47:statement:master prehaps i could find a way to eleivate your bordem
Nickcpointless:how?
Hk-47 surprised bservation by destroying every organic meatbag in the room
Nickcpointless:erm some how i dout that will entertain me
hk47:im afraid i have allready carried it out master
nick: eek s**t

The Second Imperium

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 224 225 226 227 228 229 ... 5665 5666 5667 5668 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games