Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Conglomeritic Roleplayers Conglomerate

Back to Guilds

A collection of roleplays. Star Wars, Dragonball, zombies, fantasy, superheroes, or make your own. D20 or no. 

Tags: Star Wars, Dragonball, literate, role-play, dice 

Reply Star Wars in progress (Emily Marneth)
Tython Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Emily Marneth

Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 3:52 pm
((Weaponsmith))

Force Heal

Weaponsmith

The Master clapped and carried the gem to a machine nestled in the corner of the room. It looked like little more than a large pedestal, with what appeared to be a holoprojector in the center. "This device is a light projector, very similar in structure to a giant lightsaber, to be honest. This machine will be able to tell you exactly what this crystal can do."

Vyntyr went dumb for a second. "A giant lightsaber? Wait. You're telling me that this thing can be used as... As a lightsaber crystal?"

The Master frowned slightly "Oh, dear. I thought you knew. This gem is already cut to be a lightsaber crystal. It's an older design, yes, a style of cut favored in the old days over the cuts that we make now, but this crystal is already ready to go, once you've attuned it to your own energies. Were you interested in using it in your lightsaber? It would certainly be a unique blade, I can assure you of that."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:16 pm
((Weaponsmith))

Force Heal

Weaponsmith

"Uh- I- I don't know. Am I even supposed to have something like that? I don't even have a lightsaber yet!"

Master Arbalek raised a calming hand. "Did you come across this crystal fairly? By that I mean did you steal it?"

Vyntyr put her hands up defensively "No! No, of course not! I found it in a cave in the forest. It was locked in a small stone chest in a cave that had been sealed for ages. The only reason I even found the cave was because I was following where the Force was taking me."

"Really? That's interesting. You might bring that up to your clan leader, or another Master that you trust. When the Force speaks to you that strongly, or that specifically, it is best to seek counsel, and make sure that you are interpreting its message clearly."  

Emily Marneth

Captain

Emily Marneth

Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:22 pm
((Weaponsmith))

Force Heal

Weaponsmith

Vyntyr relaxed. "There is someone I can talk to, yes. I'll seek her counsel immediately."

The Master touched his nose conspiratorially. "But there's no reason we can't take a look at it now. Would you like to see it?"

Vyntyr smiled big. "Very much."

Master Arbalek pulled out a small tray and slipped the crystal into a small slot. "Okay. Now we just push this back in-" He slid the tray shut "And turn it on. Would you like to do the honors?"

Vyntyr could feel her hairs standing on end. Her very own lightsaber crystal... What would the blade look like? She pictured a brilliant green blade, smooth and sleek... She pressed the power button and there was the sound characteristic of a lightsaber being activated.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:31 pm
((Weaponsmith))

Force Heal

Weaponsmith

Vyntyr stood slackjawed as she observed the... What was it? "Is something... Wrong?"

The man just clapped. "I knew it! Haha! Do you know what you've found, child? You've found a very, very special crystal indeed!"

Vyntyr looked back at it. It certainly didn't look like any lightsaber blade she'd ever seen. "Is that... Is that a lightsaber blade? Is that even safe?"

Master Arbalek chuckled. "It might not look it, but such a blade is, while exceedingly rare, not an entirely bad thing. Those fractures --those irregularities-- they altered the state of the crystal so that it became somewhat unstable. Not in a bad way. Just enough that it altered the behavior of the energy that passes through the crystal. It's a very special condition. A lightsaber constructed with this crystal will set you apart from your contemporaries, and if the Force guided you to it, it is a powerful thing, indeed. Tython meditation crystals, as they are known are prized as focuses for the Jedi. They are said to deepen one's connection to the Force."  

Emily Marneth

Captain

Emily Marneth

Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:37 pm
((Weaponsmith))

Force Heal

Weaponsmith

Vyntyr just shook her head incredulously. The swirling, sparkling thing in front of her did certainly resemble a lightsaber blade, but it looked... Unstable. Like was about to collapse at any time. Like it was falling apart. Bits of light and plasma sparked off at random intervals and the entire blade wavered and shook. But if Master Arbalek said it was safe... "You're sure it's safe?"

"Not just safe, my dear girl, but exceptional. Such a balance has been effected that the blade has been made more powerful as a result. The pulses of energy that you see --those sparkles, there-- those are higher areas of power that are escaping through the electromagnetic field of the saber. The blade is literally so powerful that the containment field is having trouble holding it in, but it balances just precariously on the edge of that threshold. Whoever created this crystal was an artist, and it must have been the work of no small amount of time. You are a very lucky girl."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:43 pm
((Weaponsmith))

Force Heal

Weaponsmith

Vyntyr nodded, watching the blade as it danced and sparkled. She began to admire the beauty of such a performance, now that she was past her fear of it.

The man watched it for a moment. "Regardless, it seems perfectly stable. See- the field is holding strong, and the levels have reached an equilibrium. You have nothing to worry about from this crystal, you have my word and my seal of approval. Here. Take this, and this, and be sure that you speak with someone about your find. I'm quite sure that they will be interested to hear about it from you."

Vyntyr was handed the crystal and a small, padded, clear plastoid box in which to store it, to keep it safe. "Thank you, Master Arbalek. You have done me a great favor."

"Not at all, dear. And be sure to come back and show me your lightsaber when you've finished it. Very special. Very special indeed. If you ever decide to give it up, keep me in mind, will you? It would have a very special place in my collection. Or, pass it along to your padawan someday. But do not forget about it. It would be such a shame to see something so beautiful wasted."  

Emily Marneth

Captain

Emily Marneth

Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:47 pm
((Weaponsmith))

Force Heal

Weaponsmith

Vyntyr nodded and held the crystal close. "I will remember you, if that is the case, I can promise you that. Thank you again, Master. I'll go seek counsel about my discovery now." She bowed and left the room, as Master Arbalek muttered musingly.

"Very special, very special indeed. Fitting, I should think."

She went back through the academy until she was in familiar territory and had a decision to make. She could try to find her clan leader... Or... She made a decision, and she wasn't exactly sure why, but she stuck with her gut instinct and proceeded to familiar territory.

When she got to the medical wing, she inquired as to the whereabouts of Master Laro, and then proceeded to the woman's office, where she buzzed for entry.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 4:58 pm
((Nothing))

Force Heal

Weaponsmith

Nothing

Vyntyr was allowed to enter as the door opened and she saw Master Laro seated behind the woman's desk.

Master Laro knew who it was before the girl even entered the room. Before the door even opened. "Ah, Vyntyr. How have you been? Things have been going well, I assume? You seem to be in higher spirits than normal, at least."

Vyntyr smiled. The woman could read her like a book. Seeing through the Force must be an incredible ability. She really wanted to learn to do it some day. "Um... I've actually been doing great. The pain has, for the most part, been controllable. It seems like it's worse after physical activity, but as long as I keep focusing on what you taught me, I can fight it off. Thank you so much for that, too."  

Emily Marneth

Captain

Emily Marneth

Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:06 pm
((Nothing))

Force Heal

Weaponsmith

Nothing

"Oh, it was no trouble. I am happy I could help. I'm glad you're doing well. So what brings you here today? I assume this isn't just a check-up."

Vyntyr got nervous. What if she wasn't allowed to keep it? No. She had to tell the Masters about this. She took a breath. "Well, to be totally honest... I found something, and I was advised to inform the Council. So, instead of going to my clan leader, I thought I'd come to you."

Master Laro's expression grew somewhat more serious and yet curious. "What kind of something did you find?"

Vyntyr pulled out the little box and presented it to the Master. "I was out in the forest, and I was letting the Force guide me. I was going on a bit of an adventure, to, I guess celebrate, and I just... I heard something calling to me... It was in a locked chest, in a secret room hidden in a sealed cavern in the face of a cliff, but the Force guided me every step of the way..."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:12 pm
((Nothing))

Force Heal

Weaponsmith

Nothing

Master Laro pursed her lips and Vyntyr could imagine a furrowed brow underneath her headdress. The woman reached out and took the box from Vyntyr, opening and examining the crystal closely. "And you didn't think that someone might be coming back for it?"

Vyntyr looked down at the ground, tugging at her sleeve uncomfortably. "Well... I guess... I didn't think about that... I just... I found it, and I got excited, and I thought that since I had been guided there, maybe it was... Meant for me to find... It didn't look like anyone had been there in a very long time..."

Master Laro turned the crystal in her hand. "We should have it examined, to see if we can determine if there was a reason that it was hidden away.  

Emily Marneth

Captain

Emily Marneth

Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 5:38 pm
((Nothing))

Force Heal

Weaponsmith

Nothing

Vyntyr looked back up. "I, actually, took it to Master Arbalek to have it examined. I thought it was just a pretty crystal, but he told me that it was a very, very old... Lightsaber crystal..."

Vyntyr imagined Master Laro's eyebrows raising. "He said that? Well, he would certainly know what he was talking about. I assume it was he who advised you to inform the council?"

Vyntyr nodded. "Yes, Master. And I came straight to you after he told me to."

Master Laro nodded. "Well, you certainly did right to come to me. It is a very interesting crystal, and the circumstances under which you found it are noteworthy. Your clan is free of classes today, is it not?"

"Yes, Master. We go back to class tomorrow."  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:22 pm
((Nothing))

Force Heal

Weaponsmith

Nothing

"Very good. Are you free, then, for a while?"

"Yes, Master."

"Good. Then come with me. We shall speak with the Council directly, and see if we can figure something out." The Master stood and gestured for Vyntyr to lead the way out of the office.

Vyntyr stepped out of the office, and then allowed Master Laro to lead the way through the hallways of the academy, and then up a stairway, through some more hallways, and to the council chamber. The Master bade Vyntyr wait outside the chamber until she was called for.  

Emily Marneth

Captain

Emily Marneth

Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:28 pm
((Nothing))

Force Heal

Weaponsmith

Nothing

Vyntyr stood outside the Council chamber, trying to control her breathing. She'd never thought about the fact that she might have stolen the crystal... What was the Council going to do to her? She groaned and leaned back against the wall. What have I gotten myself into? I wanted attention from the Council, but not this... She exhaled and urged her heartbeat to slow down, lest it beat out of her chest. She looked around, and several people looked at her as they passed, most of them wondering about her peculiar appearance, but also keep their distance, lest the girl bite them or something. Vyntyr didn't know what people expected her to do, but they were obviously uncomfortable around her.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 6:41 pm
((Nothing))

Force Heal

Weaponsmith

Nothing

It felt like forever, but finally a member of the Service Corps opened the door to the Council chamber and motioned for Vyntyr to enter. The girl swallowed and stepped forward, moving down a little hallway until she'd reached a large, round room, the outer edge lined with chairs for twelve Masters who sat on the council. Some of them were empty, and some were filled with holograms, but the big names were there. The Battlemaster of the Order, the Master of the Order, the Grand Master... Vyntyr gulped, and looked for the comforting presence of Master Laro in her own chair, before the Grand Master cleared his throat, bringing her eyes back to the front of the chamber.  

Emily Marneth

Captain

Emily Marneth

Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:58 pm
((Nothing))

Force Heal

Weaponsmith

Nothing

Perhaps Vyntyr had misspoken. The Grand Master, a Celegian known as Grand Master Gaois did not exactly have a throat to clear. She more telepathically made her intent to speak known, as a courtesy. She floated in a tank filled with a yellow gas, levitating above where the chair for the Grand Master should have been. "Greetings, young one. Master Laro tells us that you have made an interesting discovery in your adventures."

The Master of the Order spoke next, a Kel Dorian male known as Master Dar Shul, his voice augmented by the antiox breath mask he was required to wear in this atmosphere. "Yes. She tells us that you brought it to our attention, that we may figure out what it means."

Battlemaster Konah Mehnmah, a Dathomiri female spoke up, her pale skin and dark dreadlocks contrasting neatly together. "But why don't you start in the beginning. Before all of this. What set you on the path of this find?"  
Star Wars in progress (Emily Marneth)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games