Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply 40k Discussion
The Chaos Space Marines Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 195 196 197 198 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mortarion12

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005 5:51 am
Seraphine-Exalted
mortarion12
Seraphine-Exalted
I need to find a way to play chaos in a very cheap(money wise) way... not kill team, atleast patrol... any advice?

do you have freinds with extra models? cuase if you do then use the other models as proxies while using the chaos rules, this makes for great play testning

it isnt for play testing, more like: look i have a cool chaos army... which happens to be cheap...

how many points? cause big armies cost alot, i have a 2000 death guard which didn't come cheap becuase basically all the guys are pewter.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:24 pm
I've been playing 40k for a while now (Tau and Imps), but I got sick of Imperial Guard 'cause I kept losing and I'm taking up Chaos instead. All I have right now is a Rhino and 2 sqauds of normal marines.

They're awesome though, I love 'em lol

Only problem is, I want to make up my own chapter but I can't think of a name... my color scheme is like a deep red (similar to Word Bearers) with black and bronze detailing... I'm thinking Crimson Reapers or Crimson Reavers or something like that.

Anyhoo... pretty much all I'm asking for my birthday is Chaos stuff, so I'll hopefully have a 1,500-2,000 point army completed sometime in the next 2 months.  

Stormbird_Rising

Drachyench

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:34 pm
Stormbird_Rising
I've been playing 40k for a while now (Tau and Imps), but I got sick of Imperial Guard 'cause I kept losing and I'm taking up Chaos instead. All I have right now is a Rhino and 2 sqauds of normal marines.

Only problem is, I want to make up my own chapter but I can't think of a name... my color scheme is like a deep red (similar to Word Bearers) with black and bronze detailing... I'm thinking Crimson Reapers or Crimson Reavers or something like that.

Anyhoo... pretty much all I'm asking for my birthday is Chaos stuff, so I'll hopefully have a 1,500-2,000 point army completed sometime in the next 2 months.

Red Rage
Burning Blood
Tide of Death
Donut(Wait, thats pink)  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:46 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal
Stormbird_Rising

Red Rage
Burning Blood
Tide of Death
Donut(Wait, thats pink)
It's not pink.. it's lightish red.  

Ophiuchus

Drachyench

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 5:54 pm
Ophiuchus
It's not pink.. it's lightish red.

Hey, guess what, they have a color for that, you know what its called, PINK!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:01 pm
Drachyench_The_Eternal

Red Rage
Burning Blood
Tide of Death
Donut(Wait, thats pink)

Ooh I like Tide of Death... hmm... Crimson Tide? (sorry I love the word crimson lol)  

Stormbird_Rising

Ophiuchus

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 7:11 pm
Death of the crimson tide?

mix n match!  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:45 am
Crimson Tide was a movie xp
how about Crimson Vypers?  

Mortarion12

Drachyench

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 11:53 am
mortarion12
Crimson Tide was a movie xp
how about Crimson Vypers?

.... I like it. Lets see how Storm does.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:31 pm
Yeah, I think the Crimson Tide is also University of Alabama lol...

Crimson Vypers sounds pretty cool. Either that or Crimson Reavers.  

Stormbird_Rising

Stormbird_Rising

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:46 pm
Ok, now I've got another question: for my heavy support choice, should I get a Dreadnought, a Defiler, or a Land Raider loaded out with as many Demonic upgrades that I have the points for?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 9:41 pm
Quote:
Stormbird_Rising
PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2005 5:46 pm Post subject:
Ok, now I've got another question: for my heavy support choice, should I get a Dreadnought, a Defiler, or a Land Raider loaded out with as many Demonic upgrades that I have the points for?

What do you want to do with it? If you want A distraction that can do some damage, go with the Defiler. If you want A distraction that can transport and do damage for A significantly higher points cost, go with the Land Raider. Anything else, and the Dread should work fine.  

Relkin9

Drachyench

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 7:08 am
Well, first tell me what Mark you're taking, if Khorne, you may want the dreadnought, as it is very powerful as Khorne.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 8:22 am
I'm going Undivided

Either way, I think the Dreadnought is the most well-rounded of the three... except for when it goes crazy and kills your own guys sweatdrop The problem is, I can't decide what kind of army I'm gonna build, I fire-support army or speed army or what.  

Stormbird_Rising

Seraphine-Exalted

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:02 am
would this work? AT ALL?
its undevided with lots o khorne

Daemon prince, Berserker glaive, daemonic flight, daemonic mutation, daemonic stature, rage of khorne
170 pts

*here, go play with an 8 attack (or up to 11 on the charge) attack daemon prince 3nodding *

2 obliterators
140 pts

7 khorne bezerkers
1 aspiring champion with daemonic mutation and daemonic talons
180 pts

8 khorne bezerkers
152 pts

6 chaos space marines with 1 melta gun and 5 ccw/pistols
100 pts

5 bloodletters
130 pts

dreadnought, 2 ccw, smoke launchers, mutated hull

any advice apreciated, but this is a "wanna go cheap" list. anyway, ive been thinking of a lascannon on the dreadnought, for more anti vehicle as i only have 1 meltagun, 2 obliterators, and 1 very big and nasty daemon prince against vehicles. other then that, its pretty straight forward: hackerdy slash slash, hackerdy slash slash.

thanx  
40k Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 ... 195 196 197 198 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games