Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lamplight Memories

Back to Guilds

A storage and RP Guild for creating backstory 

Reply Lamplight Memories
Skylar and Serafina Reduex Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:27 am
For a moment, the knight looked at him with dull, sad eyes- he knew what was required of him, and his own capacity. His foot sat near the edge of the table- and the shaman appeared to exhausted to muster a quick surprise assault, besides having insufficient water near enough to threaten him before he could react. If James went for the sword, he'd never even get to touch the handle.

But his attitude changed and he moved on, and after a long moment he relaxed slightly and his breath went out in a slow, thoughtful huff. "I suggest you tell me no more of the former. Of the latter... I will speak to the king on that. If he does not feel he and the Queen need me here presently, I will depart. But... if Skylar has issued the Merlin a challenge..." he spread his hands.

It might well be the king would want that handled by his son. Tests and games. Everything was preparation, and gathering of information.

His head turned slightly as the girl startled, blinking rapidly trying to clear her mind. "Y-yes, apologies master-" there would have to be more than that apology, but with him already impatient, now was not the time. She put her palms to the floor and moved as quickly as her fatigue, both mental and physical at this point, allowed her to do without sprawling on her face, which she nearly did once despite it, trying to put the aching, and of course her own current state of dress and messiness, from her mind as she opened the door and went- she had some things she needed to fetch, and urgency seemed to be a matter. Once she was outside she came to her feet, running to gather the necessary articles from her father's old room. Once she had those and was to the pool she'd go to her knees again, and remain there until she saw James, regardless of the trip- she had enough to make up for to do else wise- but for the moment she thought of the preparations needed and tried to steel her mind to the kind of open, empty clarity she'd need to properly seek and communicate with a mantle bearer she didn't know the identity or location of.

Right now, that mental state was almost as hard as getting her legs to work properly- almost. Her father had tried to keep her away from any touch of the Ahj'Kratuel until now, but for all else of the shaman's work, she'd been training since she could speak.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2017 7:32 pm
James nodded, he understood the man's priorities, even if those priorities could lead to the distruction of the world as they knew it. He glanced back at Serafina's body lying on the bed, the soothing water elevating and keeping her. "But of course, Your Grace." Bowing slightly as the man left the room, the girl scurrying before him to attend to her task.

Only once they had left, he raised the barriers around the room and walked over to the source of frustration and concern. Gabi, Dani, and Serefina were the only three people who accepted him as he was, but did not seek to change him or use him. Even his mother, as much as he cared for her, saw only the beautiful things about him, and so it was all he showed her. Gabi, his twin, his most beloved treasure, harbored her own darkness but they both knew one another and were safe.

Dani knew her place, such as it was, and had accepted the Mantle once she'd come of age. She would be no issue. Nimue would not be left out of this and hopefully, he could use Dani to keep it mostly under control.

Fingers slid through dark copper locks as he stared at the form before him. Serafina had seen him wasted on power and despite how young she'd been, she taught him to use what he was to do what he knew was right. Her little hands....

Kneeling to the side of the bed, he entwined her fingers with his own. "I know what I am doing is right. Please don't hate me little firebird. I'm trying to bring him back to you...and himself." A crackle of husk fell as his hand clenched, the dark pink skin a joy to see. If Skylar wouldn't kill him, he'd kiss every single inch of that skin if this worked. Maybe even if he would."

He stood.

~~~~

Once Yvain was dismissed and he had the Nimue summoned through the pool of water, he explained his idea, his hands, trembling with excitement at his scheme as well as his brain picking out the logistics as he spoke and finding them solid. Dani looked back at him with puzzled eyes.

"I would be happy to assist, James. But I'd like to know how Sera is involved and if she's in any danger." Thankfully the danger had passed and she was no longer. He'd not like to deal with the father or the mother until all this was done. Or ever, if he was honest.

"She is not, but we seem to have discovered some of the secrets that little girl is hiding and they are not a matchstick." His words triggering a frown from the girl. She, of course, remembered the fire. The platinum white lock of hair fell in her face as she attempted to look serious but failed to look anything but enticing.

"So we have a Merlin wanna be..."

"Yes, but no sticking him in a cave or tree just yet. Although if you wanted to with the current one, I wouldn't complain." He paused...."Actually that could work to, then it would just find the person most receptive..."

"And then if it wasn't him, that person would find the Galahad to purify the world instead....no thank you." she complained, not happy with her choices but not finding any much better.

"...oh, and I need you to get your dad's spear...."

stressed  

Tei Kae
Captain

Distinct Genius

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2017 8:33 am
The room felt very bright. Even through his eyelids, the first thing he was aware of was not a dream he was waking from, but the light assailing him, hissing quietly and raising his forearm to block his face for a long moment before even opening them to see the ceiling. His room in Avalon. It took him a moment to place it, longer than it should have. Why was he slow? Fatigue, not from a late night. Injuries- no, light to none. So he'd overexerted himself, magically, and from that conclusion the rest came back to him bit by bit, scenes and images out of order, objectives and self-notations until he recalled the situation, and tried to sit up slightly-

A large black paw gently pushed on his chest, keeping him from moving far, and he looked down the bed to see the dark colored hound, perhaps the size of a small horse, curled and laying about his feet, positioned oh so carefully as to not cut off his circulation. Braern didn't lift his head or open his second eye, making a small growl that turned into a yawn, before licking his chops and settling as if to return to sleep.

"Braern," he said, noticing how rough his voice was. He reached for the water generally kept beside his bed, and found it a bit harder than it should have been to properly hold and balance the pitcher as he poured himself a glass and drank. Well, treat that as a lesson- the task was entirely possible without use of blood magic or arcane binding, simply as a natural magical channeling, but the input and amount of channeling required was dangerous, possibly lethal depending on capability of the channeler in question. He'd have to determine how much of which went into it, if it could be facilitated without the presence of laylines, and how to safeguard the casting itself. At a later time. At the moment, he made a mental note, finished his glass of water, and then spoke again. "Braern. How long has it been?"

"A day and a half. Not long enough to fix you." The voice came from the dog's mouth, though it didn't move its lips or jaw in mimicry of human motions of speech, so much as just breathed them. It had used to amuse him, how much that could disconcert those native to Gaia, but he'd seen it all of his life. "Before you ask, a lot's happened, but it's being handled."

"Right," he said roughly, pouring more water, and sat up very slowly and carefully, this time Braern allowing it with a very dog-like chuff of frustration, stretching slowly before stepping down onto the floor, circling briefly to sit and look at him. "Give me a basic run down. My father and mother, major events, Serafina."

The dog tilted its head slightly, looking nonplussed in the face, even if its tail gave a brief shift as if wanting to begin wagging. "Your mate's been hidden away, no one's seen her, but word is she's recovering. Probably slower than you, if that one was up and about..." his mouth opened and the tongue lolled out slightly. "Fiery. Heheh. Found yourself a fine b***h, and a good-" a pillow struck him with about as much disturbance as a gnat, but it shut him up on that line of thought at least, before he could start asking about her breeding culpability. "Queen is stable, but no one's seen her much. Word is not conscious more than on occasion, but she and the little pup are surviving. The horn has blown, and we've had the fair ones converging, and representatives of every kin of the Children, too. Dragon's been stirring more than normal. Been some unrest among the fairest, they feel the conflict coming up and they're all geared up to play. Had some unrest, but the King was real direct like, strangely so. Offered to hear them out publicly in court and dealt with most of it with his tongue. One duel demanded, the Champion won, then the rest stepped down and he was let to go on his way, not sure where. Grand assassination attempt after that-"

He paused, turning his head the other direction and stared very quietly at Skylar for a long moment, not continuing until his eyes turned up and met his for a long moment.

"...they think he's unsettled or vulnerable, but after that, no one's been willing to try and test it. He stopped the attempt himself, and everyone thought a head'd roll whenever your uncle came back. Instead he offered him amnesty for an oath of allegiance-" which meant quite a bit more for the fairest. Certainly something that would have been worded as a pledge preventing him from aiding any further usurpation or assassination, at the least, if not to support him. "Eisylwyn spat at him, for that, so he gave him a silver dagger to do the deed himself. When the poor sot decided to try and turn it on the king instead, he turned him inside out. Just like that, in front of the whole court. Let him wriggle for a bit before slitting his throat hisself, then asked him to be buried with proper honors."

"..no word from the Merlin or his lot since your spectacle."

Skylar sat digesting that for a long moment, sipping water with a hint of a frown on his face. It was almost too much going on, and he didn't like a lot of the implications. If nothing else, it was very direct on his father's part- extremely politic, nothing the Fair ones could turn into a revolt, but usually he liked to let people game, see how they played themselves, and work in broad strokes and through intermediaries. It sounded like he'd set the whole scene up knowing he'd get the elven lord to give him an excuse to make a display of power though. And, if no one had tried again, or come after him or Serafina since, it said some things about the mood of the court and the protections in place. Not that the ward he'd provided wouldn't make most of the fair ones disinclined to go after Serafina themselves, nor that Braern wasn't formidable enough, but still, to not have cats paws trying to make plays...

Unless of course the usurper's had been cats paws themselves. Possibly the Merlin- his living siblings had all been gone from the court too long to be making plays like that, the ones who didn't already have a thorough understanding of King Andell's history in quelling family quarrels.

"Have I been called upon?"

"No, and you've been advised bedrest. For once, I agree."

With the hound's energetic nature that was saying something. And probably something he'd been told for too many reasons. Political, medical, personal... Skylar sighed, trying to move a foot out of the bed which elicited a small growl from Braern. Right. Probably for his protection, too. He sat for a moment and then spoke. "Alright. I'll want a bed tray, fresh water. Plate of eggs and bread, and whatever the chef has to suggest for a late start on breakfast. Books. On the past Merlins, trials, pre-mantle history. Any information on who this one was before he took the mantle. Anything discussing interaction between the laylines, and plenty of paper and ink. If you can locate any of the priests who used to attend to the dragons, arrange for one to speak with me here. I'm on bedrest, not dead." It all felt very sour in his mouth, and he snarled at the end before laying back down, glowering at the ceiling. But it worked. That tail wagged fiercely for a moment, before it was gone, and the dark, beautifully disheveled young man stood before him again, though now in more period clothing, of perfect cut but hardier materials, giving him a short bow and a smile with a glimmer of pointed fangs, before vanishing through the door quickly. Skylar laid put for a minute or so, until he was certain he'd be out of earshot, keeping thinking on how frustrating it would have been to be stuck in his bed all day to keep the act convincing.

Then he climbed from the bed slowly, stiffly dressing himself, not half as quickly as he'd have liked, even deciding any layers after an undershirt and a decent pair of pants, moving straight to don boots, and feeling an unseasonable chill, one of his indoor cloaks and a walking stick- carefully selecting the one with the most appropriate runes, should he run into trouble- before checking his wards on the way out, staying away from the main halls and bustle, cutting his way across to his cousin's room. His legs felt stiff and tired too, but at least he should be done here and on his way back to the room before Braern returned to catch him gone, hopefully.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 6:37 pm
James sat in his room, the girl's limp body draped over his own as his hands slid over her body, small black crumbles poofing into dust as they fell away, leaving bright pink, but healthy flesh. "Come on, girl. Come back to me." He chuckled as he reviewed everything. "Come on, you haven't even got a chance to slug that smarmy look from your lover's face. I know you wanna", he teased, ruffling the shallow curls that had been rapidly growing on her scalp.

Finally satisfied with his work, he laid her back down, letting the water magic settle over her again. Quite a bit of her body was clear now, the pink flesh quite healthy, and missing a few scars that had been there previously. Most people would be happy that some scar tissue was no longer an issue. But he glanced down at those eyes that so often flashed mischeviously at him and found himself surprised when they fluttered open, lacking any eyelashes which was a bit creepy, but still...awake.

"Serafina!?!", he exclaimed scrambling to sit upright and closer to her, but she didn't speak although her neck flexed as if she was trying to. "Blink once, babe if you understand." And the lids closed and opened.

"OOh boy..."He wasn't sure if he was excited or not. This meant the plan needed to be rushed. "Boyo is okay, just rest, okay" Not that he actually expected her to listen. "Don't make me grab the straps, now you kinky girl. You need to heal. We're going to make all of this work."  

Tei Kae
Captain

Distinct Genius

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:11 pm
Skylar managed his way down the halls without interruption- he passed few enough people as it were, as he had desired, and the rest was easily covered by some simple illusion work from the staff he'd selected. Grand illusions were difficult, and fickle- but a simple servant, something they'd expect to see, never even earned a moment of scrutiny.

Approaching the servant's entrance to James' quarters, he paused a moment to listen to the sounds coming from inside- just a hint of a voice, and after a moment he did recognize it, confirming his cousin was still within. The words he couldn't make out though. He raised a hand to knock, and paused, feeling the wards around it and closing his eyes. It took a moment to adjust, as not all of the wards James used were necessarily from the same tracks of arcane schooling Skylar had practiced, but most of them were derivitive of one base or another after a moment- many mages liked to customize and create their own variations of spells such as these- wards didn't do much good if universal unless also unnoticed, afterall- but Skylar had been studying various sorts since childhood. It was almost like reading, after a moment of feeling them out. And that was when he began to notice familiar patterns, and find the line of interconnected wards taken directly from his own personalized work, forming a seam in the other weave. They were identical- merely copied, but then, unless he spent a great deal more time than all of the goings on had likely allowed figuring out how to do so, simply weaving it into his own design so was not unimpressive. Perhaps the incubus side, he thought- no doubt it made him exceptionally sensetive to magic flow of all kinds. Then again, Skylar's own designs in this case were rooted more on natural magics, and he had experience by the heart...

Skylar traced the seam made of his own spellwork, layered into the rest. It was either an invitation, or a trap.

Given his options, and knowledge of James' actions so far, he elected to believe the former- and tested that, turning his wards dormant and essentially turning the shell around James' rooms into a set of curtains, sweeping them aside and stepping quietly inside the rooms, letting them close behind him before reactivating the seam to seal it off again, making his way as quickly as his sense of weakness and lack of usual balance would allow, mind on the girl and his cousin, and the tasks at hand, hoping not to be distracted by Yvain or-

Tei Kae
"Don't make me grab the straps, now you kinky girl. You need to heal. We're going to make all of this work."

Skylar stepped into sight all but silently on the other side of the room, and one could practically feel looming clouds gathering above him, dark line under his eyes making his sharp and narrow gaze, slightly slited pupils included, even more ominious than normal as he slowly glanced from his cousin, to Serafina, to him again. It occurred to him that he had shown up with a weight of doom about him and quite a bit of dourness, and he tried to change that.

"No one is tressing her up until I've had the chance," he said, in a pure deadpan, throat rough.

It occurred to Skylar that perhaps he should just eschew any attempts at humor for the moment. Particularly when, on reflection, he was rather serious about the statement.

He cleared his throat, awkwardly, and his face stayed a mask of cool poise and imperiousness as he made his way across the room, setting his staff by the side and looking at her, throat catching for a moment, standing in dumb silence before he turned his head to James. "How long has she been conscious? Have you ensured none of the corruption lingered?" He asked as he lifted a hand, ever so gentle and aware that, if her nerves were healing, any touch might be painful or simply overwhelming at the moment, carefully being constant, and gently firm as he held it and felt her pulse, counting in his head as he let himself carefully learn her system again, starting slowly from scratch to make sure he wouldn't miss any changes that might have occurred since the ritual.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 5:01 pm
Both faces turned at Skylar's attempt at a joke; James merely raised an eyebrow, but Serefina croaked out a harsh laugh that made it clear she was still in there. "You can try, Sky," she managed before her body tightened in pain. She curled against herself a little tighter, but James reached out stretching out her limbs, you don't want to heal merged together, love." but he backed out of the way as Skylar made his way over.

"About two minutes, and ...corruption?" Now James was confused. But Serafina lifted a hand weakly, letting Skylar take it. James stood up, hands shoved in his pockets, out of period things that he hid beneath his tunic, as he paced. "Did you not see....she burned the so called corruption from the very depths of existence as she opened that portal. As it touched her flesh, it dissolved into nothing...You brought her back to life....but she may have come back on her own...." Letting that implication sink into Skylar's brain.

"Don't heal her any further though. It may inhibit her natural abilities to do so."  

Tei Kae
Captain

Distinct Genius

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 11, 2017 9:06 am
The sudden fit and signs of pain made him hurry over, half sitting onto the bed for support when he got to her side, James already helping the girl straighten out. As he took the girl's hand, starting to attune his sense to her body over. "Another time," he promised her with a hint of uncharacteristic tenderness in his dry tone, "when I can enjoy my spoils." His thumb rubbed across her skin gently, but if he wasn't mistaken, between the processes going on and her skin tone, her nerves were likely either not in full repair yet, or extremely sensitive- either merited stopping that motion.

He nodded to Jame's recap without turning around at first. The corruption had burned her where he'd seen fire would likely not have- it did not by any means mean it was gone, it could have been deeply ground into all that was left of her person, everything that he'd worked from to restore her, but if the incubus couldn't sense any energy of the sort over multiple days, Skylar would choose to accept that as indication that the one danger, at least, had passed. The last part made him stop a moment though, turning around to look at James for a long moment before he turned back to Serafina, if she could take it comfortably, stroking her skin softly still.

"That... seems unfounded thus far, unless there is a supporting incident to share, but given Avalon's nature and the historical ties I cannot discount it. Regardless, what I'm doing is diagnostic, not restorative, in nature. I do not believe I could work much more without ritual at the moment, which I don't have the time or materials for immediately. But I needed... to talk."

He needed to see her first, but now he needed to talk. He was seeing her now, and he didn't seem to take his eyes off her much at all, even as he was finishing attuning and checking for any danger signs or indications that her healing would need assistance beyond time and proper bed rest.

That was what she needed, more than anything else, for the moment. Quietly he moved to the head of the bed, leaning his head close enough that she could speak without needing to try to project more than a breath, if she cared to, and slowly smoothed out her hair, as much as it naturally resisted anything that could be called 'smooth'.

He was pretty sure that if she knew he was putting her back to sleep, given that any exertion, even very mild, seemed to be causing her great pain at the moment, she'd fight him- but she probably wouldn't notice it, in her condition, if petting on the hair, or his voice cast low, simply lulled her to sleep- with a little magical help. And it'd give her a moment to speak, if there were words she needed to say before he put her under again.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2017 1:18 pm
James had his reasons, as he always had, but it was the first time in a long while that he'd felt the twinge of regret for deception at such. Maybe it was just the tender way that Skylar spoke to Serafina, but he actually wasn't that fond of what he was about to put the man through. So for the moment, he sat and let Skylar check her over and speak.

Once again, he was taken by surprise by the man as he requested speaking with...him? Serafina. He wasn't sure but he was not normally this slow on picking up a person's intentions. Perhaps he's misheard. And for several moments, he waited while they both waited for Serafina to snap off some quick retort.

"a**", was all Serafina muttered, not really up to the fight and knowing it was in jest. Sorta. Maybe.. She didn't have much to say really. Everything still was too raw to let herself feel right now.

"So...since you didn't say much. I'm assuming you want to talk to me and not the bubble headed hellion here." He thumbed towards the back wall so that Skylar could still see her, but if anything was to not be known by her, she would not hear if she did manage to resist the spell that James had known was coming.  

Tei Kae
Captain

Distinct Genius

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:22 pm
As the girl passed out, he sat stroking her hair for a few moments more. “Much as I might have liked,” he said finally raising his eyes from the girl and turning a flat stare- though much like James, something deeply hidden ate away at him for the moment- to James, “now is not the time.”

Skylar stood slow, and a bit stiff, taking his staff and moving toward the indicated section of wall.

“...Yes, I came to speak with you, as it would appear our interests are presently aligned,” he entered the secured area, and cast his eyes back to the sleeping girl as if to emphasise the final point. Or maybe just distracted. Either way, he was going to have to trust James’ wards were secure enough for his next sentence. “If we’re to halt the decay Avalon is facing, and get her through this alive, we’re going to find ourselves against the Merlin and the King.” His father. But making it personal right now wouldn’t be helpful. “He’ll probably know that soon if he doesn’t already. For the moment, however, it’ll be in his advantage to let me take the mantle from the current Merlin. After that, it will be about the future of Avalon, and the Heart. This leaves you with several unique talents and resources that I believe may be vital, if I have your cooperation. And if I am to avoid his manipulation and prevent him undermining us or turning the mantle to his advantage, I’ll need to take several measures. In regards to which you are… also uniquely qualified to…”

He struggled on the words at this point, making certain he was positioned to where there was no line of sight to him from the bed in the other room, and glancing around to ensure Yvain was not about either. Wavering on the thought, there was something almost alien on his face- doubt, and open vulnerability, between his usual stiff control and his features making him look almost a child for a moment, before he looked back at James and hardened his expression again. Even if the subject was still uncomfortable to him, and this entire meeting… perhaps this part in particular a very big risk he took, relying on James’ goodwill and loyalties, and his own judgement of the man.

“...to… offer a bit of personal advice.”  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2017 7:16 pm
James nodded along, Skylar wasn't asking for his input just yet. So facial responses at the appropriate time let the young prince know he was following the conversation. "...you know, unless you let him manipulate you to find out his intentions. At some point, he's bound to think you're either a hopeless fool and easily put under his thumb where he can keep things in control, or he'll be proud of you for using his own tricks on him." A small Gaelic shrug. "The Mantles are the accumulation of multiple lifetimes, just as the Prince it. If I'm right about your history with her..." he thumbed over at the seemingly slumbering girl. "You'll have about twice as much once you have the Mantle."

"You know the stories we were both Zöe. Endless circles, endless loops. But I know a few of the Mantles and I've helped them research. The Mantles are what hold those hoops. They are the ties that bind. They keep everything going in the cycles. The reason the current Merlin needs to lose his position is that he's lost his way. There was a reason he became the Merlin and the Mantles must always be in existence. He agreed for a selfish reason and that can only sustain so long. He sighed, he really shouldn't have interrupted. Right now, your father is the dying king. He just doesn't realize it yet."

"Measures? I'm listening." he was turning subjects quickly, because he didn't want to get Skylar questioning him too closely. If he know of James' plans, they might be for nothing.

He watched the other man's face and contort as he pondered deeply about how to phrase the coming words. "If it's advice you need, I'll be glad to give it, but it may be even more uncomfortable than you imagine." he walked over to his table and the same as he'd done for the man's uncle, he poured Skylar a finger of Liquor. "So find your courage if you need to, but I doubt I have to tell you we do not have much time."  

Tei Kae
Captain

Distinct Genius

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2017 9:39 am
"Very possibly, assuming it can be coordinated and leveraged effectively," he frowned thoughtfully, trying to place exactly how to do that. James should have already been aware, of course, that in manipulations Skylar had more than the court to worry about- Andell, and his fields of magical experience, were far from shy in means of magically influencing or intangibly assaulting another. His blood relation to the man could be a vulnerability- one he could use to attack as well, but he did not expect it was a fight he'd be able to win for long. Particularly as he'd seen the levels of blood magic his father could wield almost by reflex at this point.

But there was something very important about what else James said that Skylar honed in on.

"You know about the present Merlin. Whom he was before the mantle," he lifted his eyes back up and watched him closely, a sharp, predatory focus that the color and sleight slitting of his pupils only furthered- something James probably knew from his mother well enough, though she generally softened it with demurring or childlike delight, which Skylar had neither presence nor patience for at the moment. "That will be useful, as I doubt he'll simply wait to see if I pass the trials. And-"

James cut him off and he frowned, but didn't fall into awkward introspection or stumble over lack of certainty this time. He listened to him, and his wording, through, and as the man continued his eyes narrowed dangerously, stepping toward the table and stopping- neither sitting nor taking the drink. "You are correct. So if you already know, you realize you're wasting time being smug about it," after all, the man had been caring for her recovery, and he had seen he had been much more concerned with her well-being than modesty- a concept that James didn't seem particularly concerned with in general.

Besides. The incubus' sensitivity and familiarity were part of why he was valuable.

It was a bit of a sensitive subject- much unlike how he pulled his loose top down nearly to his elbow on one side, raising a hand to the base of his neck on that side, pressing the nail of his thumb into the skin suddenly, digging in as if he meant to stab right into himself- curving at the last moment with just the smallest hint of magic, and with a small sound, peeled his skin away like a tight garment, skin beneath slightly pink but perfectly healthy-

And covered in a tattoo very distinctly not matching the touches of woad tattoo that had appeared when he'd accepted the trials for the mantle. He released the graft of skin, hanging from where the bottom was still fused to him, apparently not finding that unsettling in the least.

He stared hard at James for a long moment, and then let out a huff of air, dropping his eyes.

She doesn’t know. She should. But she won’t take it well. I need...” he paused a moment, frowning at his choice of words- that he’d so far as ‘need’ without thinking in this context. He didn’t correct himself after the pause however, though his words were a little less sharp.

“I need to know how to broach the matter in a way that she’ll… be open to consider it, at least. My inference is that she would normally be inclined to combat or flee such a… potential constriction, or influence. Particularly of such nature. She has shown pointed discomfort with similar matters.”  
PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2017 8:40 am
A low whistle slipped from James' lips as he listened and watched Sylar pulled the 'fake' flesh from his body. This was not a matter to be taken lightly. The princling was not wrong. She was not going to take it well.

"Well, first... a few questions. What are your intentions? You've only known her a few months. This...," he waved at the flesh revealed to him. "...is going to complicate matters. She's not ready for a life bond."

"I'm assuming this appeared so quickly due to..." he waved his hands again, this time at the necklace around his neck. He knew enough to know what that was but past life interaction was the only thing he could imagine causing that quickly of a bond. "But the best way is to tell her the truth. FULLY. I can not stress this enough. Do not play games with this. If she finds out anything differently later, it can corrupt the bond beyond repair." Then he grinned, a charming smile that promised all sorts of devlish trouble to come.

"And then get her father's approval." He held up a finger. "However, do not tell him the entire truth. For your own safety. He was the one who ripped through Adamus to retrieve both Serafina and her mother who was pregnant with her at the time that had been placed there thanks to that b*****d Merlin."  

Tei Kae
Captain

Distinct Genius

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:21 am
Tei Kae
"My intentions," he said flatly, making eye contact but staring through James more than at him, as he sealed the flesh back up, a touch of magic each time as the flesh melded as naturally as if there had never been anything but a clean, natural layer. "Hardly included such. Nor now, but..." He positioned his shirt again, and sat against an arm of a couch, staring with a thoughtful frown just to James' right.

"The Zoe evidently says otherwise, even minding the cycle. And even should it not, I'm not certain I'm ready to banish the possibility. Yet I'm not certain if I say that because of its influence, or distaste for shaving a bit of my soul away to do the deed or-"

For a moment his expression twisted into a snarl, like a storm roaring in from clear skies, and he looked ready to sling the glass across the room, and the thought of quitting Avalon, or simply choosing to become human and be done with such influences into even his own mind and personal affairs possessed his mind. But he'd thought over all this and more before. Just as quickly, his expression smoothed again, and he simply looked slightly annoyed, and perhaps a bit more tired as he carefully set the glass down.

"I simply valued the confounded girl's company."

That was enough self pity for the moment, however, and he looked quite attentive to the rest of what James had to say for a moment. He listened and gave a dry, coarse laugh, before the rueful laughter seemed to bubble up, shaking his head. "Bloody right, of course he did-"

And then paused abruptly, looking at James sharp and searchingly for a moment, before giving his fingers a quick tap against his knee.

"Of course he did."

This time, it sounded like a revelation, rather than sarcasm, and he quickly rose to move to the books in the room, taking no time to begin running a finger along the spines, occasionally pausing and then making a sound of disgust before moving on, eventually pulling one book, and later a second from the shelves, and setting them open on the table, beginning to page through quickly, scanning each page quickly. The first- a book off histories and genealogies, starting far back into the history of his father's once country- the one Avalon currently was most comparable to.

Unless prompted for comment, he'd do so in silence for quite some time before he spoke. Not that any answers about his sudden research would be too fruitful, if James couldn't guess- something in the cycle, something to connect the pieces, to help him grasp more of what the Zoe was moving toward here, in a time that otherwise seemed to contradict and break from centuries and more of cycles. Only the cycle was never identical-
perhaps his scope merely needed widening to grasp the purpose.
"How has the training with your new acquisition progressed?" Pausing a long moment, and slipping into a page discussing early Kapillan expansion and its contemporary royal line before continuing to page through.  
PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 10:55 am
Watching Skylar's impatient actions jerk around the room with bemusement, James was hit out of nowhere with the question of acquisitions. Acquisitions? Surely the princling wouldn't be interested in his latest purchases of ancient weapons...although he might, given the circumstances. Though how'd he know...Finally, it dawned on him what he was actually speaking of and he leaned back against the wall, arm raised to run fingers through his unkempt hair.

"Good...Good...well, no. not really. Kinda miserable actually. Your mother, helpful as ever, forgot to mention a few formalities and then everything's kinda got lost in the shuffle. He gave as good as he got and Skylar had been relatively open with him, so hopefully he was willing to return the favor.

"She bright, intelligent, quick witted when given the opportunity, beautiful of course. I could spend hours tracing the lines of her body when her body is too exhausted to continue." He paused, glancing over at Serafina. "But I haven't found her ...spark. She does this because it is duty and she was ordered to, which will ultimately help her greatly."

"It's like she...looks past me..." he hated that he sounded disappointed but there it was. He didn't like to be an object. Others were the object, but not him.

"Any suggestions there?"  

Tei Kae
Captain

Distinct Genius

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 5:06 pm
"Mmmm," the prince replied affirmitively, tone hinting some agitation. Still, it wasn't untrue- Skylar had known none of this until right after it happened, and chances were James had known little more than that it was to happen prior to Rivven's illness forcing matters.

He kept searching while he praised the girl, far too used to empty and easy praise to buy much into it until the words became a bit more specific- and the tone more loaded. He paused a long momet before turning his page, frowning at a brief internal struggle, and no more than a few later stopped.

"Perhaps."

He looked up at James for a moment, before speaking, trying to mind a softer tone.

"Why does she serve you?"  
Lamplight Memories

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces