Welcome to Gaia! ::

*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Back to Guilds

Reply *~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild
why is it considered ok for christian women like me to cover Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

rhawn86

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:43 pm
I always thought we gripped about them because it's to the extreme and also I heard they kill the women for showing a wrist. I’ve never heard a nun or such getting killed or hurt because she rolled up her sleeves. Plus the only time I've seen a nun rolled up her sleeves was in "Sister Act II" So that might not count. neutral  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:43 am
you raise a good point  

tru2deheart

ioioouiouiouio

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:39 pm
PoppyDadswell

those are really unfair rules imposed by the state not the church though.

No. All these rules are imposed by muslim clerics. Over there, the church IS the state.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2007 10:48 pm
i know that part of reason for such rules is for protection from the elements  

lordstar

White Dog Poo

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2007 10:17 am
one it is part of their Faith or Religeon.
It is more out of respect as well as Women do cause Us guys with some clothing to Stumble
so In a way they are keeping that with being Modest and ya we may htink it is stupid cause of it but it is just how they experiance God. And what htey believe in so who am i To say that they are Wrong. on the covering to be modest  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2007 8:13 pm
Well since September 11th, the Middle East has been under more scrutiny in America. And narrow minded people have assumed all sort of things about Arabs/Muslims/etc... And for many people the idea of having women covered seems very unAmerican because it seems like the women are being forcibly suppressed. (Yes, some women are being treated unfairly but I know that's not the case for everyone) The problem is stereotyping. (Or one of the problems)  

da_lola

White Dog Poo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:36 am
ir goes to there belif nothing to do with stero typing or being arab its their religeon  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:57 am
Unknowen Avenged
ir goes to there belif nothing to do with stero typing or being arab its their religeon

I know that people cover themselves because it's their religion. I'm saying that ignorant people look at that and stereotype those who follow that belief.  

da_lola

iremembertherain

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:33 pm
I think Muslim women are forced to dress the way they do. I really don't believe they have a choice. Christians have a choice. Of course, I'm sure not all the Muslim women are oppressed or dislike their clothing.  
*~Let the Fire Fall ~* A Christian Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff