The Planar Void Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

A Name of Power

Bashful Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:42 pm
She smiled, bobbing her head. "Thank you, you are most gracious." she said softly, smiling cheerfully. Seating herself gracefully, she took a sip of tea before going on. "Thank you again very much for speaking more. As I am sure you will find no surprise .. I wish not for war. Yet .. we have all made the decisions we must to stand for what we believe is right. What I have to say may sound odd or perhaps even unbelievable .. though the truth is I wish for none to be hurt. None of my friends, not even you - yes, I do consider you a friend though we have our good times and our less savory times." she said softly, nodding her head again, being silent now to allow him time to process what she said and react.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 29, 2008 11:49 pm
Yawgmoth was a bit taken aback by that last part. Thinking on the matter he replied. "Then what is it you really believe in? If you just told Fox there was to be war but yet, you do not desire it to be so. You're a walking contradiction." he explained further. "While most of the time we consider you to be a near constant pain the a** we think we consider you the same. We're not sure, just as you are unfamiliar with the terms of a relationship we are unfamiliar with having allies, friends so to speak. We know only the occasional acquaintance but no true friendships." he admitted softly, a deep sigh after the fact. Had anyone else been around he definitely wouldnt've said that. "We admire you, if for nothing else being able to withstand our constant attitude and sometimes, less savory advances as you put it. You know us, you know that with our current mind set, any other creature would have been killed for such...such defiance we suppose the word is. Yet you live. Standing in a spot that no other being has been in before you. For this, you have our respect if nothing else. Though truth be told you have much, much more than that." he concluded. "However, we're straying from the point. Continue."  

Lord Yawgmoth

Shadowy Lunatic

A Name of Power

Bashful Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:10 am
Her mouth fell slightly agape as he rather excessively, especially for being who he was, complimented her. "Well .. I hardly know what to say after that .. though I have many thoughts on my mind also and quite frankly, what you said about me is essentially what was on my mind in regards to you.

Such .. extremes we go to. Any why for? The sake of image? For ourselves? For our loved ones, no matter how few they may be? And that there are several items we have in common! For various reasons, both by choice and coincidence, we have few in our lives whom we love .. but .. we love these few with all our hearts, we would do anything to assure their safety and well being, no matter what!" she said passionately, her eyes moist with tears but not crying.

"Other than my Master, I had no one until I came here .. this is another experience we have in common. And though I realize that you and Ali have had the .. oh bother, I forget the term .. I heard the words between you two and I just know in my heart neither of you will be truly happy if you are fighting each other with intent to kill. You both enjoy each others company not to be sweet to each other and share common interests, you wish to challenge each other to the extreme, ready and wanting to see whom may prevail in that day or if it pleases you both to be a team, then you shall do so like when I first arrived here - oh how you both enjoyed terrorizing me!" she said softly, a small smile spreading across her lips.

Though her memories of first arriving here were most unfriendly, she treasured them greatly knowing that she would not be here as she is today without those initial days of torture.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:22 am
Snickering a bit as he took all of it in Yawgmoth sat silent for a moment taking in all of her words. "And we still do" he said about them terrorizing her. "Rivals is the word you're thinking of by the way, our relationship is mutually beneficial. We generally get along and by being at ends most of the time we push one another to go above and beyond. No one has ever fought back so hard, except..maybe yourself. Aliator has given us more strength than any simply from the desire to beat him. And we know the same is true on his end concerning us." he finished.

Cracking his neck he looked straight across. "With that being said, what is the nature of our relationship? We are not rivals. If we are friends we are certainly the oddest friends anyone has ever seen. That is why we're here though isn't it? To define the nature of this relationship." he said. Standing up he began pacing back and forth in front of the chair. "Honestly we didn't know what to make of it for the past few days. At first our goals concerning you were completely selfish. We wanted one thing and you know what that was. We obsessed over it, we were willing to throw away everything to have it. That desire faded over time. Things went on neutral ground between us. The pleasant intelligent discussion here and there, the fighting and bickering here and there as well but now, now we realize our obsession was never about that. No no no. It goes beyond that." he said stopping and pausing for a moment. "We had a mirror once, an enchanted artifact that reflected what the viewer desired most. All it would ever show for us was the next planet on our list of things to conquest for our empire. If we were to look into that mirror again we know what we would see. You. It isn't about our selfish desire anymore." he said laughing aloud at how insane he must've sounded to her.

Slowly regaining his composure he sighed and looked over to her again. "And here we are, at the point where this is to be decided. We think we already know your choice and we respect it. Honestly we don't even know why we bothered to make the attempt in the first place. A last hope perhaps? We don't know anymore. Coming to these realizations in the past few weeks have been....enlightening to say the least. But more than anything they have been confusing. So here we are, at the head of this discussion. You haven't even asked your request or made your choice in the matter clear. Please, go on." he said seating himself slowly again. His crimson hues intent on starring at her, unmoving. Patiently waiting.  

Lord Yawgmoth

Shadowy Lunatic

A Name of Power

Bashful Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:37 am
She nodded from time to time, still not looking to him directly. "As you commented before about my reply when with the others .. there are two options you have mentioned previously. The war will go on or we shall mate and the war would be ended. Hunter is my Love, he will be my mate if he will have me." she said softly, nodding her head, finally looking to him when she said the last part. "If we are to go to war and I do not believe it is going fairly - for either side - I wish for the war to be ended. Therefore, my question is that if we are to go to war, if I feel that those I fight beside have become overzealous and are no longer fighting for justice but for vengeance, I will stop them and see that you and yours are no longer harmed. Conversely .. if you and yours are defeating those I fight beside with malice also and not for justice .. I would change my mind from what I have decided today."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:44 am
Shaking his head back and forth he lowered his gaze. Taking in a few breathes he was speechless for a long while. "There was a third option, the one we were hoping you would take. But your words make it appear as if you are turning that down to. Like we said, we didn't actually think the situation would come to fruition. The war, at this point supports little for either side. On our side we fight simply because we can to shush those loud mouths and quell what we believe to be annoyances. There is no justice in that, there is no honor in it either. And they, they fight with the belief that eradicating us will be for the greater good. They have already gone into over zealousness, convinced that our death will bring some golden age of peace and even then, there is no justice in that either. Don't you see? This war is pointless now. For both sides. There is no reason, nothing to gain. Neither sides reasons stand as valid any longer. You must know this. So for that, we deny your request. You have no reason to support either side, both are corrupt in different fashions. Whether evil and selfish like us or fanatical like them." he admitted, never once looking towards her. Simply waiting for her to speak further.  

Lord Yawgmoth

Shadowy Lunatic

A Name of Power

Bashful Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:50 am
The tears were too many and finally spilled over to her cheeks but she did not dry them, she was unashamed of them. Trembling with emotion, she nodded and replied with one simple word - completely anti-climatic given their conversation; "Aye."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 12:55 am
"So your choice has been made. We can't say we're surprised." Yawgmoth's voice now somber replied. "We would've tried too, really tried to be that which you desire, and abolish all in us that you despise. Obsession will drive even the most crazed into sanity for the object of their obsession. We are no different." he concluded with a deep and saddened sigh. Standing up slowly he looked up the ceiling of the room that wasn't real and pondered for a moment. "And so a war of pointless deaths and destruction is near. No one will be the victor. Even the winning side still loses.".  

Lord Yawgmoth

Shadowy Lunatic

A Name of Power

Bashful Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:18 pm
"Well yes .. I will not have sex with you. Unless other things happen or do not happen to change the conditions .. I could always change my mind if it came to it." she said softly, an odd expression on her face, which he should rather easily recognize as her own self loathing. But still, she continued on. "What if there was something else, another option, that was favorable to both sides, something constant that would regrow the bonds between everyone, despite there being discourse between many .."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:20 pm
Quirking his eyebrow at her last statement, more interested in that then the 'no' of course. He shook his head. "Such an option does not exist. And if it does, please by all means enlighten us. We would love to see. But we have our doubts. The choices are too narrow too few." he said flatly, disbelieving that there could possibly be an alternative.  

Lord Yawgmoth

Shadowy Lunatic

A Name of Power

Bashful Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:26 pm
"Human histories especially show that to have the competition between the men of different nations can bring them together peacefully yet continue the competitive nature that is so well known to them. There have been many evolutions of this and I feel we could put this to use." she said softly, bobbing her head. "You, your best men and whomever would stand by you could be a team, if team is what we seek. However there could be individuals only. One could be the victor and .. something favorable to them should be awarded."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:31 pm
Rolling his eyes he scoffed and seemed angered by the idea. "A tournament!? That's your brilliant solution? We tried that once. Angel and her friends put one together. We came, we fought, look what came of it. There is no bonding, there is no friendship to come from that. It was only hatred. The same thing will happen. It won't work and we will not go through that whole charade again." he said flustered. Just remembering the last tournament made him angry, all those buffoons and peons and being unable to squash them all and the annoyances it later brought on. He'd cut his tail off before he'd go through that again.  

Lord Yawgmoth

Shadowy Lunatic

A Name of Power

Bashful Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 3:42 pm
"I made no claim that my thoughts would be brilliant, I am simply looking for a pleasing solution for everyone. Please do not be angry with me, I only wish to help." she said softly, setting the tea down and curling against herself, feeling upset and that this was rather hopeless now. "When last was there a tournament? I recall no such thing in all my time here."  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:07 pm
"It was before your time, before your arrival here. In a time where we held no opposition aside from Angel's fools." he said. Forcing himself to sit back down calmly his gaze fell off and to the floor. "Sitting here is pointless. We aren't going to get what we want, you aren't going to get what you want. We said it before, we will say it again. No one will be victorious. It is how things will happen with the choice that you've made." he finished, slamming his hands onto the arms of the chair. grasping them with a tight grip. "If you wish to leave now we will take you home. Only Titus' deal with be honored, everyone else will either have to stand aside to die in the wake. This is the reality of what you've chosen."  

Lord Yawgmoth

Shadowy Lunatic

A Name of Power

Bashful Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 4:16 pm
"I understand." she said softly, trying to stop herself from shaking but she was more upset than she had been in her entire life and his shouting and angry movements did not help. Standing calmly, she bowed her head again, respectful to him. "Thank you again for your time, Lord Yawgmoth. Indeed, I wish to return to the syndicate, if you please."  
~Destinations Outside The Red Dragon Syndicate Borders~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff