Welcome to Gaia! ::

::Rpgs R Us:: *Escape Reality*Enter Imagination*

Back to Guilds

RPing guild with high literacy and zero slave or vampire RPs. Come help us grow! 

Tags: X-Men, Cowboy Bebop, Final Fantasy, Arabian, Pokemon 

Reply Rpgs R Us
Gaia Trady Stuff Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Elfgirl M-chan
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 4:18 pm
At least the April items were quite nice...and for now at least...

M is a shark! Complete with a makeshift dorsal fin, no less. XD I'll probably be back to my elven avatar sooner rather than later...but for now, I'm too amused by the shark get-up I've come up with.

Now if they can start getting some musical instruments and such, then we'll be in business.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:09 pm
Very makeshift... Most Dorsal fins aren't, y'know, located on or forward of the head.

I'm sure you knew that, of course.

Ryushikaze
Crew

Paran
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:51 am
Ahahaha....

Looks like Mchan has discovered my secret of building up a small fortune in Gaia.

ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 1:57 pm
I'm guessing it's buying the collectibles then selling them later on?  

BonzaiRob

WickedElphie
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 4:21 pm
OH! Yeah. I have some items in my stock worth a fortune. The pendent I wear alone it a couple hundred thousand at this point. Even though I would never EVER sell me Angelic Pendant. Thinking about selling my demonic on though.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 5:01 pm
/notes that Paran is now wearing the Seisuiseki eyes/ I knew it. As soon as I saw those on the graphic listing all of the equip modes, I knew you'd be all over that.

Yeah, the Monthly Collectibles are a big source of cash. The page advertising them talks about how the Mini Angel Wings are worth several million by now. Then, too, there are Gift Credits...you can donate to Gaia and get what amount to gift certificates, redeemable at any Gaia NPC store except Prize & Joy, at the rate of 2,000g per US$1.00. If you'd rather have real GAIA Gold, to use in the Marketplace to buy past Monthly Collectibles, you can always buy a ton of Gift Credits, use them to buy really expensive NPC store items, and then immediately sell those items back to the store. 1000g per US$1.00 still isn't bad. Or, you can get a better deal than that by selling the expensive NPC store items in the Marketplace.  

Platonix

Vice Captain

Eloquent Informer

37,875 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Balance Begets Creation 500
  • Waffles! 25

Elfgirl M-chan
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 7:01 pm
Pory's right. The gift credits really aren't a bad deal. They're worth it for some items...such as the elegant vests. Mwa-ha.

I am in fact contemplating selling the scythe in the future, but for now, it's quite fun...as more of an accent to the shark ensemble than a makeshift dorsal fin.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 9:59 pm
I'm honestly really unimpressed with the poses the scythe offers and will prolly be selling it off soon, unless somebody here is dying to have one.

I think selling donation items for 6-10k each is a much better deal than buying gift cards though. Particularly when they end up as valuable as some of the ones I'd been hording. Back when I was actively using Gaia I usually donated 5-10 dollars a month, kept 1 or 2 items for myself, gave one to a friend and sold the rest. Unfortunately for me the one thing I really want is waaay to expensive through my normal methods of money gathering. At 700k gold, it would take approximatiely 80 donation items or $200 to get it... and that's just beyond the scope of sensibility to me.

But yeah... Suiseiseki eyes was hard to pass up..... desu.  

Paran
Crew

WickedElphie
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 11:02 pm
Yeah, my dream item is nearing 400K I might bite the bullet and sell off some of the things worth a lot in my inventory to have it and then get some other donation items and sell them off. Sigh. I want me some winged anklets  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:41 am
Oh man I wish the Economy in World of Warcraft was anything like the one in Gaia desu.
Put anything up in the marketplace here priced 2-300 less than the lowest current one in there and it gets bought instantaneously desu.

Put something in the Auction Hall on WoW for less and people will instanteously start putting their stuff even lower. Such a pain desu.

Oh and for anyone looking to make some gold in a hurry... those scythes are selling for like 16k each right now. That's one of the best initial values on a donation item I've seen in a while. I'm halfway tempted to pick up a few more while they're hot desu.  

Paran
Crew

WickedElphie
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 9:04 am
That's IT! I need my anklets! I am selling everything of value I can bare to part with to get them. O_o  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:45 pm
Hm...before I put it on the market, would anybody like a hockey mask? I got a brown giftbox for cheap and that's what was inside.

I'm also still baffled by the fact that selling just over $5 worth of items suddenly garnered me about 60000 gold.

*EDIT: Okay...make it a lot more than that...wow. Anyways, some guy also traded me two nice items for a scythe, one of which was the Elemental Hair. (If you're curious, Kakumei's avatar currently has one of its modes equipped on her mermaidy self.) If anyone wants that, let me know.

Geez, I've become a Gaia fiend...XD  

Elfgirl M-chan
Captain

BonzaiRob

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2007 1:48 pm
Much good fortune and happiness upon M-Chan, who gave me the cosmic wrap she got in a scythe trade for just 700 gold (she offered it for free but I had to give her SOMETHING.. I hope I can properly repay it at some point XD)  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:22 am
No problem, Bonzai. ^_^

And Amby, the anklets look lovely!  

Elfgirl M-chan
Captain

WickedElphie
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 10:46 am
*Shows them off* DON'T THEY?

Thanks again M! I will pay you back somehow.  
Rpgs R Us

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff