Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sakura_kura
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2005 10:12 am
Empress_Kat
darkangeloflight14
let's face it...Not everyone has a good teaching style. All a student can do when faced with a teacher like Snape is grin and bear it. Sure, he makes lives a living hell, except if you're a Slytherin. However, it's part of the role he must play, being the snarky, unfeeling professor, giving out good grades to all the DE's kids and being a jerk towards everyone else. However, the Ravenclaws don't seem to suffer so much from his attitude. I wonder if he secretly thinks the Ravenclaws are the smartest in the school, even through all his snarkiness, they still EARN good grades (one would assume, since we've never been told).

Harry passed his class too, he's mean to them, but he is fair, when it comes to marks. They do learn potions, whether they enjoy it or not, and that's what matters. Except Neville, but he's pretty much the village idiot of Hogwarts.

Er, on that last part there...wasnt' there a section of the fifth book when Snape pushed somehting off the table of Harry's and it broke?!?! But, I suppose, there should be an acception here and there . . .  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:46 am
Not sure what to say. B-b-but. gonk  

chibi_chan
Crew

Sakura_kura
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:31 am
Spoiler? So much for most of my Snape theories.[!?!?!]  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:02 pm
I suppose I should mention, without spoiling anything, that my theories and feelings about Snape remain the same (although tweaked a bit).  

Empress_Kat
Crew

-okonomiyaki o konomu-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:24 pm
SpoilerAt first, I wanted to kill Snape, but after hearing a few theories, I think Snape is still good. I believe that Dumbledore had pre-arranged with Snape that he would kill him at some point (so that Draco would not have to, and so that Snape, himself, would not die if the vow was broken somehow, as I believe Dumbledore was well aware of the Unbreakable Vow). There are several reasons for this. First of all, it seems very out of character for Dumbledore to plead for his life. I believe that he was, in fact, pleading for Snape to kill him (because he might have shown some hesitancy in the past). Also, Snape was very adamant against Harry calling him a coward. On the surface, what Snape did was very cowardly (Dumbledore was weak and unarmed), so for Snape to deny any cowardice so vehemently suggests that there was certainly more to it. It definitely would not be cowardly, however, for someone to fulfill someone's wishes by killing them for the greater good, even if you do not want to, and to completely delve into the dark side, which would be very dangerous without the back up protection from the good side. Finally, while he may have said it was on Voldemort's orders, it also seemed that Snape was protecting Harry from the other DE's.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:37 pm
I believe that KirikoAkushi is absolutly correct, but the thing is, he still did it. Arranged or not.  

Sakura_kura
Vice Captain

Empress_Kat
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:47 pm
I agree with KirikoAkushi, although I have several more, and different, reason for doing so.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:47 pm
Sakura_kura
I believe that KirikoAkushi is absolutly correct, but the thing is, he still did it. Arranged or not.

Spoiler Yes, but I think it's because Dumbledore made him, much like he made Harry feed him the potion, despite what it might do to him. Snape did not betray Dumbledore by killing him, but in fact showed him complete loyalty.  

-okonomiyaki o konomu-

-okonomiyaki o konomu-

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:49 pm
Empress_Kat
I agree with KirikoAkushi, although I have several more, and different, reason for doing so.

Do you mind sharing?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:53 pm
KirikoAkushi
Empress_Kat

Do you mind sharing?

Not at all, but I'd rather do so in a thread marked spoilers, so I don't have to white things, and be ambiguous.  

Empress_Kat
Crew

Sakura_kura
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:24 pm
You should contact the person who made the thread. Oh, I hope it wasn't me xD  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:37 pm
Sakura_kura

Yeah... yeah, I should... I suppose...  

Empress_Kat
Crew

Sakura_kura
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:53 pm
Empress_Kat
Sakura_kura

Lazy?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:33 pm
Sakura_kura
Empress_Kat
Sakura_kura

Lazy?

Yeah, very...
But now I've spent about 5 hours in total debateing things (mainly Severus) with the dunderheads who reside in the HP subforum. I'm tired and lazy, now.  

Empress_Kat
Crew

Emerwyn

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:20 am
spoiler

I think he'll do something majorly sacraficial for the good guys in book 7, I posted this elsewhere, as well. I got REALLY pissed, though. I knew from chapter 2, that malfoy was charge with killing dumbledore, AND I knew he wouldn't be able to do it, but..... SNAPE?! I mean, he DID make the Vow and all, but............. *sniff* I never LIKED him, but I never thought he was BAD. Wait..... he saved Harry's life in the first book?! .............why?  
Main Forum: Haven for Harry Potter Fanatics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff