Reply .:. Shadows of Africa Guild .:.
[PRP] Lackies and the Hyena Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Atheare

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 1:57 pm
Yakuti smiled, now he could visit Jamaa whenever he wanted, and nobody would notice him leaving, it was perfect! "Alright then." He said with a shrug, pushing the rabbit to one side so that he could eat it later. "If theres something you want me to get you, just let me know." He said with a nod. "Wouldn't want you starving, espcially while trying to help."

He looked at himself, "Bigger in what sense? I know I haven't shrunk... have I? I'm sure I used to be shorter." He said, standing up and looking around, "Yep, I was definately shorter before, you mean I'm thinner?" He asked, "I suppose I could be, food is a bit harder to come by here." He said with a nod.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 2:08 pm
Topas laughed, "Well, then I must insist that you find something that you wouldn't eat and I would probably will. Possibly a bug of some sort? Termite?" Topas laughed, sitting down. The little hyena still carried the nice attitude that Jamaa spoke of too. The hyena was nice, but perhaps to only those who knew Jamaa.

"Well, I cna fix that fer ya. Just make sure to check the tunnel now and again, I will be droppin' stuff off fer ya." he said looking down the tunnel. He could fit something in there, he just needed help carrying it. He was Jamaa's friend and he would do anything for the brute. Hell, if not then he wouldn't be here in the first place. "Yakuti, just make sure to cover this thing up in case someone decides to pay you a personal visit."

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Atheare

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 4:59 pm
Yakuti thought for a moment, and then pushed the dead rabbit closer to the entrance of his den, "Alright then, bugs seem to gather at dead things, give it a few hours and it'll probably be covered in them." He said with a shrug, not knowing why anyone would eat bugs on purpose. "And I'll be sure to do that, I don't want anyone unpleasant coming through here."

He yawned and lay down on a patch of softer dirt that he had been sleeping on, "You are welcome to stay wherever you like Topas, just watch out for the other hyenas, they might not be so friendly."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 3:16 am
Topas shrugged, "Then I'll back in an hour. Got some more work to do on the other side." he said. He knew that Goma is either slacking off or he left. Topas growled at the thought of him leaving him and Yakuby themselves. Topas disappeared back into the tunnel.

Goma laid beside the tree, leaning lazily against it. His paw picked up small pieces of dirt and tossing it aside. "Four clumps of dirt.....five clumps of dirt." he chanted as he tossed his fourth and fifth clumps over his shoulder. "Six clumps of....Topas?" he called when the ratel's head appear out of the tunnel. The ratel scowled before returning inside and much more dirt flew into the air.

When the dirt stopped coming, Topas' head protruded from the entrance, "Goma....do you think it was a good idea to lie to the lad?" he asked, sort of regretting what he did. Making this tunnel was to keep it from his mind, but hasn't. "What will Jamaa think?"

Goma smirked, "Leave Jamaa to me. The brute needs a rest thinking of Blue Butt. Besides, he'd thank us for doing this." Goma's old talents have not yet faded and were working well.

"Alright...if you say so..." Topas mumured before disappearing again to return to Yakuti.

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Atheare

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:49 pm
Yakuti lay asleep in his den, he had nodded off after a long bit of thought about the day. He too was thinking of Jamaa, and his head was full of thoughts about his father. Did he really want to see him, or did he just let him come to the graveyard because he wanted to get rid of him? He had argued with himself for almost the entire time Topas had been gone, and now was tossing and turning in his sleep, having a nightmare about Jamaa leaving him in the wilderness with Goma in charge...

"Jamaa..." He mumbled softly in his sleep, tail swishing sadly as a small whimper escaped his mouth.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 2:59 pm
Topas stumbled back into the hyena's den dragging a piece of antelop fawn leg for the hyena. Fortunately, Goma was not entirely useless.

"Hey, lad, I got somethin' fer ya?" his comment turned to a question when he saw the boy sleeping. His fur was wet from sweat, Topas left the leg there and waddled to his side. "Lad? Laddie, you alright?" he asked, leaning on the hyena. "Yakuti, Jamaa is here~" he called out. He really wasn't, just a ploy to get him to get up. The hyena needed to eat and the ratel was growing worried about him.

"WAKE UP!" he growled before slaming him with his paws.

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Atheare

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2006 3:06 pm
Yakuti tossed and turned more as Topas spoke, he appeared in his dream, digging out of the ground and looking at him for a second before the real Topas woke him up suddenly. "What? Where? Wuzzgoinon?" He yelped as he awoke and sprung to his feet in surprise. "Topas! Don't do that..." He said irritatedly, though inwardly thankful to know his dream wasn't real. "Did you need something?" He said tiredly, "Everything alright?"  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:46 am
"Fer one thing, you nearly gave me a heart attack." Topas snarled. "You were tossin' 'n turning, hell I would even call it thrashin'." the ratel sat down and sighed, "Though, I can't do anything about nightmares." he finished.

Topas got up and pulled the game leg over to the hyena, "Here, Uncle Goma got this fer ya. I should be headin' back to my own home soon. You'll be alright by yerself fer a while, lad?" the black badger asked, staring back with large indigo eyes.

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

Atheare

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:03 pm
Yakuti smiled as he pulled the leg over, "Thanks, I guess Goma isn't so bad after all." He said with a bit of a laugh, "Was I really tossing that badly?" He asked, knowing full well that he must have been from such a nightmare. "Yeah, you can go whenever you feel like it, but if you ever feel like stopping by, I won't mind, I'll be glad of some company." He nodded. His life in the graveyard had been quite lonley so far, he was thinking of trying to find himself a companion to keep him company.

He nibbled absentmindedly at the leg Topas had brought as he thought of how much more he would enjoy himself if he had a real friend who could always be with him...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006 2:17 pm
Topas nodded, "I will be back tomorrow with another meal fer ya." he spoke as he disappeared back into the tunnel. He felt guilty lying to the pup about Jamaa. But Goma said it was for the best so he had to believe him, right? But something still made him feel that Yakuti needed someone with him. A mate? No, still a little young for that. Jini and himself were expecting a litter...perhaps? Topas would have to think about it.

Topas slipped out from under the gnarled tree and padded off to meet Jini at their den.

PhiferWolf

Loyal Werewolf

.:. Shadows of Africa Guild .:.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas