Conservative Explorer

6,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:29 am
Forgedawn
Hermonie Urameshi
And everyone just ignore me...I'm used to that...User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

sorry, I just got back to the internet... I need to make a "hey, I may not be here" post, actually :XP

*scrolls up*

Hermonie Urameshi
I would like to make a banner and I was thinking of having the name of everyones language in their language. The only problem is I don't have a very good art program (and can't afford one) and I need some kind of background to use that would work for all of them...

That sounds great biggrin

Maybe we could each make image files for it, and you collect and put together?

Yeah. That sounds good.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:20 pm
Domerin Thompson
Eccentric Iconoclast
Domerin Thompson
Well...a lot of people here seem to make a conculture with their conlanguage, so why not have a conculture RP? Like, the setting is in a conculture and we have to speak in the conlangauge. Sound good?

How about an all-around RP where ALL of the concultures are united into one world and when you go to different places in the world you have to speak the language? xD

I actually have a map of the planet on which the Aquenninim dwell. They're not the only ones there, though, by a long shot...their language has developped with help from the Mazdrivonyurnim, for example. The Mazdrivonii language's influence has given Aquenandi a bit of a Slavic sound.

I usually don't mention the Mazdrivonyam, however, even though they have a cool culture (and language) of their own.

Glivbronrioy anö briplaltsye mo ne znacoy štam skalzöm.

Erm...there is just one problem with that. My conculture is already melded into a conuniverse. All of my langauges and cultures are from this universe, so none of them could be fitted into another place. It just wouldn't work.

Yeah, but we'd have other RPs as well. wink

At any rate, those of you who want subforums PLEASE donate to the guild. My gold supply isn't infinite!  

Eccentric Iconoclast
Captain

Forgedawn
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:41 pm
Eccentric Iconoclast
At any rate, those of you who want subforums PLEASE donate to the guild. My gold supply isn't infinite!

How much is it per subforum? Just curious smile  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 08, 2006 2:51 pm
Forgedawn
Eccentric Iconoclast

How much is it per subforum? Just curious smile

2500. D:

But right now, the stupid guild system is being really, really glitchy! I tried to buy a new subforum and it told me that I was "unable to purchase" it, but it stole my gold! This happened twice. The guild lost 5k thanks to this.  

Eccentric Iconoclast
Captain

Forgedawn
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 9:00 pm
To anyone who has some free time and knows a good bit about linguistics technical stuffs (names for tenses/cases/etc and their uses, etc)--how about we get a thread in here devoted to that? No need for a new subforum this time rolleyes rofl  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 11, 2006 1:23 pm
Forgedawn
To anyone who has some free time and knows a good bit about linguistics technical stuffs (names for tenses/cases/etc and their uses, etc)--how about we get a thread in here devoted to that? No need for a new subforum this time rolleyes rofl

Sounds good. I'm on it. biggrin  

Eccentric Iconoclast
Captain

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:42 am
As I mentioned in a PM before I remembered we had this thread, perhaps a links thread to compile information on conlanging, alphabets, and other useful websites?  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:08 pm
eiei...OMGWTFBBQ
As I mentioned in a PM before I remembered we had this thread, perhaps a links thread to compile information on conlanging, alphabets, and other useful websites?

Excellent Idea! If no one has done it yet, I'll get right on it biggrin  

Forgedawn
Vice Captain

eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 7:15 pm
Forgedawn
eiei...OMGWTFBBQ

Excellent Idea! If no one has done it yet, I'll get right on it biggrin
Yay! Thankies!^^  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:34 am
How about a subforum for conworlds? Concultures have to live in one place. biggrin  

Sano Parmandil
Crew

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Hermonie Urameshi
Crew

Conservative Explorer

6,550 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Guildmember 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 8:05 am
Sano Parmandil
How about a subforum for conworlds? Concultures have to live in one place. biggrin

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewforum.php?f=104071  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:21 pm
I'm considering a "Help!" subforum where people can go to post about their conlanging woes, and also a subforum for pre-existing conlangs. surprised

What do you think? I needs input from my members, yeessssss...  

Eccentric Iconoclast
Captain

Forgedawn
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:34 pm
Eccentric Iconoclast
I'm considering a "Help!" subforum where people can go to post about their conlanging woes, and also a subforum for pre-existing conlangs. surprised

What do you think? I needs input from my members, yeessssss...

Pre-existing sounds REALLY cool to me; help could be handy, I dunno. Poll it?  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 7:37 pm
I'm just looking for a little bit of input. surprised  

Eccentric Iconoclast
Captain

Sano Parmandil
Crew

6,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 9:19 pm
Why not make a "Translation Challenge" forum? Something like, someone post a text, another person traduce it to the languages that he/she knows (including conlangs), another one do the same thing, and etc., etc., etc...  
The Constructed Languages Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff