Gameboy SP Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Manteo

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004 1:31 pm
I have a cobalt blue GBA SP...
I am in such love with it. Really. I take it everywhere with me ...
It's lovely to play video games while waiting in line or at a restraunt or whatever.
Hmmm...
I sort of like the boxy shape of simply because it's convenient to be able to fold it up and help protect the screen while you're not using it. Besides, you can always get one of the hand-grip add-ons in a kit or the like that make it a bit more controller-like. (fear my horrible usage of the - )
And as for the retreo NES controller look...
you don't necessarily have to shell out and hunt down one of the limited edition ones like that. You can always just buy a skin for it (easily found on ebay and the like) and slap it on.
Me? I'm getting a Dirty Pair skin eventually.
(I've been an insane Kei and Yuri fan since I was a kiddle in the 80's. Yummy. Untranslated bootleg anime on video tape...)  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:11 pm
Manteo
I have a cobalt blue GBA SP...
I am in such love with it. Really. I take it everywhere with me ...
It's lovely to play video games while waiting in line or at a restraunt or whatever.
Hmmm...
I sort of like the boxy shape of simply because it's convenient to be able to fold it up and help protect the screen while you're not using it. Besides, you can always get one of the hand-grip add-ons in a kit or the like that make it a bit more controller-like. (fear my horrible usage of the - )
And as for the retreo NES controller look...
you don't necessarily have to shell out and hunt down one of the limited edition ones like that. You can always just buy a skin for it (easily found on ebay and the like) and slap it on.
Me? I'm getting a Dirty Pair skin eventually.
(I've been an insane Kei and Yuri fan since I was a kiddle in the 80's. Yummy. Untranslated bootleg anime on video tape...)

THat exactly why i like the GBSP. its so compact!  

Sk8ter_Punk2010

animeparty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2004 1:29 pm
I like my SP, it's great to have around for waiting in lines. (especially the DMV) No wonder there would be kids walking around my store playing them. Before I had an SP, I didn't understand too much about it. So I can understand not knowing about the light, rechargeable batteries that kind of stuff. Mine's Onyx and I'm considering getting a skin for it. If only I could remember to plug my headphones in. What kind of skins do you guys have for your SP? If you do have one that is. Is there any other place you could get one besides ebay? You know this is gonna get asked.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 7:55 pm
bump  

Sk8ter_Punk2010

fahsky

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 8:20 pm
I have a NES SE SP - it's so cute! I love the non-slip face inside. And they're the same price as any other color, so no worries there. And, since the SP just dropped to only $80, I'd say get one. Especially if you have a GBA - you can trade it in for $20, then it's only $60. O.O

I wouldn't reccomend buying a starter pack - they're usually a waste of money, because they don't come w/ much useful stuff. Because if you get a new SP, you get the charger & usually the starter packs charge you a ton because they include one. @.@

All I would reccomend buying for your SP is: Screen-protector stickers (not really 'stickers' but they keep your screen from getting scratched, some game cases (they're extremely cheap online), a carrying case (or make one yourself - I sewed one up in about 10 minutes, even though it's ugly XD), & either a headphones adapter or the SP headphones (I got a pair for $2 used at Gamestop, & they sound & feel great). Anything else is just kind of a novelty thing, & most likely won't come in a pack - like a snap-on shell.

A note on the snap-on shells: be careful putting them on & off, since it might scratch your system. ;.; This might bother you if you're not a collector (like me ^o^). Also, these aren't made by Nintendo, so yeah - you can only find them online. My favorite I've seen so far are the clear, gel-like ones. You can put whatever you want between the plate, so it's kind of cool. ^-^ I'm looking to get one to protect my SP as well.

And oh yeah - just to mention too: You'll be able to play GBA games on the DS. Which strikes me as odd, since they're saying the DC isn't the next Gameboy. :\

I wouldn't get one of the controler molds - they'll scratch your system if they aren't gel-like, & then they'll never stay on. Plus, that really kills the portability of the system. lol And trust me - you get used to the shape of the SP soooo fast. I had a normal GBA before, & I thought I would never want an SP. Then, I actually borrowed my friend's - WOW. The light makes a huuuuge difference in your game, really. External lights are awful, too much glare, ick. The light isn't a backlight, but a sidelight - I would love it if it were a backlight (like the Gamegear **drools**).

Anyhow, that's my big huge ramble. lol Anyhow - what's everyone's favorite Gameboy games?

I love Castlevania: Aria of Sorrow (I swear it's the best one yet!), Harvest Moon: Friends of Mineral Town, Golden Sun 1 & 2, Phantasy Star Collection, Pokemon Yellow (I love Pikachu heart ), Metroid Fusion, Mario & Luigi: Super Star Saga, Mario Golf Advance, Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy Tactics, Wario Ware, & Super Mario Advance 2 & 4 (Yoshi's Island & SMB3). ^-^  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 10:10 pm
I have a silver and a classic SP ... i love the SP sooo much

i've been wanting to make a black leather carrying pouch case thingy... much like a holster for your cell phone... but SP size... does that sound silly? Because sometimes you'd rather not stick your gameboy in your pocket... (i keep my magnetic name tag from work in my pocket... and that's awful for games)
anyway!

my favorite game currently is Gradius galaxies... it's not exactly a groundrbeaking game... but it's so easy to pick up and play over and over again... and turn off whenever.. I played tactics ogre, and final fantasty tactics, forever... and ummm the megaman games. Of course the metroid games... and the castlevania ones. What else? Oh yeah, mario and luigi super star saga ( i have fury!!) xd

*worships his SPs*  

Gartain

Sk8ter_Punk2010

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 11:33 am
Well I already have $20 dollars saved to it, actually I have more than that, adn my moms likes to hoard my stash of mey do she owes me like $10 dolloars!  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 10:20 am
I have a G-Boy SP Cobalt on lay-a-way!!!! In Walmart!!!!!!!  

Sk8ter_Punk2010

Manteo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 10:08 am
Teehee...
Scoooooore
whee  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:42 pm
I, personally, think the GBASP is just a ploy to get Nintendo out of bankruptcy. The GCN was pathectic and they suffered. Now, I think they'll end up like Atari- domination at first, but in the long run, broke apart.
Why fix it if it's not broken? Sure, the GBASP's portable and has a light switch, but that's all it's got going. If they canm offer a policy on the GBASP, it should be on the GBA too. I mean, come on. The GBA made it into Guinness.  

theafkgoddess

Gartain

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:09 am
Nintendo was close to bankruptcy? i didnt' know that. The SP adds a lot to what used to be the GBA, for one, the light, like you mentioned is an added feature.. but what a feature! Finding a proper light source for me was extremely difficult before the SP, and it was the same for many of my friends. I didn't start playign four swords (with A Link to the Past) with my friends until we all had SPs. We tried without ... under sunlight , and we all suffered from heat exhaustion stare . The smaller size makes it even more portable then the GBA, it doesn't look like you're putting a mighty sized taco in your pocket, it looks like you're putting a larger then normal PDA in your pocket. The flip screen function is also incredibly nice as it keeps your GBA screen away from most of the things that would scratch it otherwise. My original GBA took a ton of abuse and the screen was/is the proof. My SPs have taken similar amounts of abuse but the screen has faired soooo much better. And finally, the SP is so much more stylish. It's like a 72 mustang, and then having a 72 mustang convertible. Both are really cool, but one is most definetly cooler. Of course these are all jsut my opinions, but the SP is a system i truly do love. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 2:40 am
I want a GBA SP really bad. I need the ability to play games while I'm out of the house, since I can't always rely on my music (that CD player of mine eats up my batteries..)

So I'm really excited. <33 Although, I haven't looked much into it.. lol.

xOpiatex

TawakeruDain
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 1:52 pm
Well ok on the comment about the GBA SP being a plot, Im sure they did bring out the thing to get money, but it was a really good idea in my opinion. I mean first off, the light is a big addition to those who play portable games. Up until now, the game gear is the only thing to have that, and it was frellin huge compared to how small the SP is. On top of that, the fact that you don't have to pay for batteries anymore for it is just amazing. Its the first handheld system to ever not need you to go out and buy batteries everytime you wanna go out and take it with you. Also, considering how small it was compared to the GBA, it was helpful for those who didn't have the ability to hold the larger GBA, and of course the folding screen made it so the screen didn't get scratched or messed up as easily anymore. But also, I don't think they are going out of business anytime soon, because think about it, all the games they released has shot up GCN sales, and the GBA SP is a hit with a ton of countries especially since they are re releasing all the old nintendo games just as they were with some bonus things to them. Plus they have the Nintendo DS coming out with is basically a portable GCN. The fact that they did that is amazing in and of itself and Im sure people will go crazy for it, Especially those in Japan because Nintendo has always been a hit in Japan.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:33 am
WOW! You know what? I just bought the cobalt Gameboy sp for 55. bucks shipped.
Kmart had a sale on the cobalt gamboy only.

You guys should check out these links regularly. They have some pretyt good deals on games and stuff.

http://www.slickdealz.net
http://www.cheapassgamer.com  

Lextacy

Aged Browser

11,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
  • Gaian 50

TawakeruDain
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2004 8:13 am
Lextacy
WOW! You know what? I just bought the cobalt Gameboy sp for 55. bucks shipped.
Kmart had a sale on the cobalt gamboy only.

You guys should check out these links regularly. They have some pretyt good deals on games and stuff.

http://www.slickdealz.net
http://www.cheapassgamer.com

wow, that's pretty cheap eek  
::Gamer Chicks::

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out