LOVE IT!!!!
  It's pretty good, but not my favorite.
  Gross, Christianity.
View Results

sailor Z

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:37 pm
Pharaoh Ramases
sailor Z
I probably like JC Superstar so much because I had a great experience being in it. It was the funnest show I've ever done. heart

It is a good show, but the last time it was in the area the director put a twist on it that I didn't like. He put it in modern times and gave all the disciples Uzis.
We did a set that was more realistic to the time, but we did American '40s fashion.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 4:47 pm

I definitely like Les Miserables and Phantom over JC.

MoonUnitSector4

MusicalTheatreObsessed

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 7:50 pm
MoonUnitSector4

Les Miserables was not written by ALW... therefore it's not a candidate for comparison... Now that I've said that, I don't mean to sound like a b***h but look at the topic title! My favorite ALW musical is Tell Me On Sunday! I think the music is beautiful! Also, I think very few of ALW's musicals are repetitive. In PoTO it is creative not lack of... Think of his other shows, JC Superstar, none of the melodies are at all alike... I think a lot of people say his musicals are boring and everyone else jumps on the bandwagon!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:00 am
I don't think he's all that repetitive, he's just got a very distinct style and a very common muse (women).

As for uzis in Jesus Christ Superstar....I'm so sorry, Sailor Z.  

Ophelias Bathwater

High-functioning Werewolf

13,725 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Team Jacob 100

MysteronKitty

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:20 pm
I love: Evita and Aspects of Love
I like: Cats (sorry) and Sunset Boulevard
I really wish I didn't like: Phantom
I hate: Everything else (JCS is a good show, but I can't sit through it).  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 10:30 pm
MoonUnitSector4

Les Mis isn't ALW.  

sailor Z

MysticLotus

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 1:01 am
ALW is prolly my favorite musical composer... Stephen Schwartz is in a close second...

My favorite ALW musicals are currently Sunset Boulevard and Wistle Down the Wind.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:45 pm
GAH. Thanks for reminding me, Lotus. Add Whistle Down the Wind to my "Like" section.

*coughcoughlistentoEvitacough*  

MysteronKitty

PensivePine

PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:11 am
MysteronKitty

What?! Even Starlight Express? ;_;  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 1:20 pm
Actually, I'd have to say my fave ALW is Joseph...Dreamcoat. I grew up on that musical though so that might be it... I've seen it like... 5 times live...whoooo... (I'm actually really surpised so many people dislike it... but as I said, I grew up on it.)

The only other Webber shows I've seen are Phantom and JC: SuperStar, both of which I really like.  

freelance lover

MoonlitRiver

Dapper Gaian

900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 5:04 pm
Oooh, god, don't get me started!
I'm a Phantom FREAK!
I'm seen it in London and Pittsburgh, and I'm going to go see it on Broadway come next spring with my drama club.
^^-
One thing I really didn't like about the movie is that in Il Muto, it isn't obvious at all that Don Attilio (the husband) is hiding off in the Countess's room to see if she's cheating on him.
The screenwriter(s) cut the lines out where he tells the audience what he's doing; a bad move on their part.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 25, 2006 8:05 pm
PensivePine
MysteronKitty

ESPECIALLY Starlight Express. Okay, well, not quite (my least favorite's Joseph). I quite hate Starlight Express because it's so SILLY. I find it embarassing to sit through because the lyrics are so cheesey and the plot is...just no.

Blah. I hope you don't take offense to that...just my opinion, no reflection on you. I'm sure you're a lovely person with excellent taste, but StEx=ew.  

MysteronKitty

penguinsandpie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 10:27 pm
I'm not so much an ALW fan as a Tim Rice fan. JSC and Evita are, therefore, two of my favorite musicals ever. xd Joseph and Cats on the other hand are only OK as far as I'm concerned. The music on Evita is gorgeous though...I've never seen any others tho sad  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:16 pm
Phantom.!!! heart I've seen Cats, and it was all right, but...nyeh.  

ShyKid08

PensivePine

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:30 pm
MysteronKitty
PensivePine
MysteronKitty

ESPECIALLY Starlight Express. Okay, well, not quite (my least favorite's Joseph). I quite hate Starlight Express because it's so SILLY. I find it embarassing to sit through because the lyrics are so cheesey and the plot is...just no.

Blah. I hope you don't take offense to that...just my opinion, no reflection on you. I'm sure you're a lovely person with excellent taste, but StEx=ew.

Yes, but that's exactly WHY I like it. The silliness, the cheesiness, the fact that it's about trains in love.

Old rebuttal is old.  
Fun Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces