Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seority

PostPosted: Thu Jul 06, 2006 9:31 pm
Ame Kuro
To the person above me--
I am something...not sure what. I'm not Christian anymore though. I learned that material objects were not something to get used to. I lose things a lot and get a very similar feeling. That feeling leads me to my lost object. So what is guiding me?

What I have to say is I don't know. (I wish I had that. Then I wouldnt have to keep rebuying things so that the person who gave me the item doesnt think i hate them xp .

Anyway, to the person who started this.
As others had said, God does not work in our time. He never is never there when we need him. He is always there. He's everywhere all the time. It can be a butt when you have an issue and it doesnt seem to be working.
I maybe saying something I shouldn't, but don't just go, "Hey God. I'm losein faith in ya. Better show me something or I'm gonna stop believing," then recline in your lazyboy and wait for him to respond. You have to do something as well.
I know you said that you pryed and read and asked for help, but sometimes you just got to keep with it. Don't ditch God just because they're some unanswered questions. There are always unanswered questions. With all religions.
The bible is a mysterious thing. It's been around for how long, and there are still mysteries to it. I love that fact. ^_^
I've had faith issues myself, but thanks to this guild, I'm still a faithful Christian. I may not be the best in some peoples eyes, but I am still one none the less.
To sum this all up for those who don't like reading this whole thing, don't leave God for questions. Look around. There are always questions no matter where you turn.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006 9:18 pm
All I have to say is DON'T REBEL AGAINST GOD! One day, It will be too late and you would wish that you never turned your back at God.  

Atarashi No Sensei

zz1000zz

PostPosted: Sat Jul 15, 2006 10:10 pm
-Sunset Wahine-
All I have to say is DON'T REBEL AGAINST GOD! One day, It will be too late and you would wish that you never turned your back at God.

So, repent or suffer is your message?

If you want people to listen to you, try not sounding insane.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:15 am
zz1000zz
-Sunset Wahine-

If you'd like people to respond to what you say, try sounding more mature and not insulting them.  

Ginger Snapple

zz1000zz

PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:02 am
Ginger Snapple
zz1000zz
-Sunset Wahine-

If you'd like people to respond to what you say, try sounding more mature and not insulting them.

When someone tells me what to do on pain of eternal torment, i feel justified in insulting them.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:39 pm
zz1000zz
Ginger Snapple
zz1000zz
-Sunset Wahine-

When someone tells me what to do on pain of eternal torment, i feel justified in insulting them.

What happened to the turn the other cheek lesson Jesus taught?
Just because someone says something you dont agree with, you should turn the other cheek and try to be the better person.
Atleast thats how I see it.

Ginger Snapple

zz1000zz

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:58 pm
Ginger Snapple
zz1000zz
Ginger Snapple
zz1000zz
-Sunset Wahine-

What happened to the turn the other cheek lesson Jesus taught?
Just because someone says something you dont agree with, you should turn the other cheek and try to be the better person.
Atleast thats how I see it.

First, i doubt there are many people who would be willing to call my beliefs "Christian." I certainly will not make such a claim.

Second, i prefer other methods of dealing with my enemies. When people insult me i prefer to respond with anger. Sort of like Elisha:

2 Kings 2: 23-24
From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on the way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up, baldhead," they shouted, "go up, baldhead!"
The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two she-bears came out of the woods and tore forty-two of the children to pieces.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:47 am
zz1000zz

First, i doubt there are many people who would be willing to call my beliefs "Christian." I certainly will not make such a claim.

Second, i prefer other methods of dealing with my enemies. When people insult me i prefer to respond with anger. Sort of like Elisha:

From there Elisha went up to Bethel. While he was on the way, some small boys came out of the city and jeered at him. "Go up, baldhead," they shouted, "go up, baldhead!"
The prophet turned and saw them, and he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two she-bears came out of the woods and tore forty-two of the children to pieces.

Where did that come from? O_o...
I think there's more to it then that ^^'
Besides, this is off topic.

Seority

Etherealemblem

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:53 pm
Glorified Soul
I must disagree with Xenos. I believe we DO have proof, but none that a nonChristian could understand. My proof is the living God whom I know is inside of me. I can feel Him. He is in my heart and my soul. He is the reason I am who I am.

You should read A Case for Creator. I think you'll find it helpful.

Aah, and welcome to Firefall.
: )

I also feel as you my brethren, I feel the spirit of my father, the living God most high!, Yaweh lives in me as well, and I am glad that I find another like me in my faith!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:31 am
Seority
zz1000zz

If i had to guess, i would say it came from 2 Kings 2: 23-24, as i cited. And no, there is no more to the passage of any meaning.

As for it being off topic, i would wager most posts in this guild are off topic.  

zz1000zz

Seority

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:29 pm
zz1000zz
Seority
zz1000zz

If i had to guess, i would say it came from 2 Kings 2: 23-24, as i cited. And no, there is no more to the passage of any meaning.

As for it being off topic, i would wager most posts in this guild are off topic.

I ment as why that was posted.
Just to make sure, I would ask you to post that whole chapter to clear things up, but this is off the topic here.
As for you, maybe you should be a little more respectful towards others.
Let's stop this pointless arguement, if you want to call this one, and get back to the topic of this thread.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 6:48 pm
Yami_Ichi
I prayed my heart out to Him, and nothing happened. When I needed Him, he wasn't there for me. He didn't help me like He promised He would, and let me fall out of His religion.

it is time for people to realize, there are only TWO religions on this earth, the religion of the one true God, the Lord Jesus Christ. and ALL else is the way of Satan, the Prince of Darkness, ever wonder why the east is in termoil? it's because of the spirit of darkness that inhabits that land, they are blinded by the darkness, that's why the west is so prosperous, due to it's christian heritage. Also, the Lord never left you, you did not wait for him, no matter if you thought you waited enough, he works on HIS time not yours, he was with you, you just didn't feel his presence, did you recieve his baptism in water AND fire? if you just had it in water, then that was only step 1, the baptism of fire (of the holy spirit) is the one that will secure you to God, you'll feel his presence inside you at ALL times, and know in your heart, "if ever I loved thee, my Jesus tis now!" This may seem harsh, but tis what I feel lead to say, please try not to take it as a rebuke, but an encouragement to return to the Lord, and ask him to reveal himself to you, and for him to give you his holy spirit, the ye shall find the Lord once again.  

Etherealemblem

Berezi

PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 2:38 pm
Yami_Ichi
Basically how I came here, is I typed in "Christian" and looked at the first guild I saw.

I tried to hold onto my faith, and believe that He would show up. But once about a year and a half past, I started to loose it. I had it still for another year, and then after that two and a half year time frame, it was gone. It wasn't sudden, it was a gradual thing where I had questions that no one could answer.
And who says that God isn't at work in that? It could just be chance, but it could be God.

You know, my sister and I both were kind of dumb two days ago. We left our friend's house way later than we should have. But when we got to the gas station (we were really low on gas), there was no one else there except this lady. She had run out of gas and was trying to get home. We ended up giving her money so she could get home. It could have been chance. On the other hand, it could have been God allowing us to be late in leaving our friend's house so that we could help this lady at the gas station. God does work in little things.

Since you've already given me permission, I'd like to tell you some more ways I've seen God in my life over PM. =)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 10, 2006 4:33 pm
someone refuted me earlier and ill say again...

THERE IS NO PROOF GOD EXISTS! stare

Faith and Trust is NOT proof. rolleyes

And what I meant by that was there is no proof "physically". Christians say all the time that they can "feel" god or sit there and say that "God did this and that in my life" but you can't prove he did. Sure WE as christians can sit and say that, and yes in my life there are instances that it would SEEM God intervened, but I still can't prove it physically that he stepped in and helped. confused

To THINK something exists by theory that isn't backed up by evidence is never good enough for those who don't believe in god. so don't sit there telling non believers that theres "only one religion" or "youll go to hell for such and such"....thats blatantly absurd. why? because that proves NOTHING...that tells them NOTHING except make them defensive or not listen to you, it doesn't prove a point either other than your own opinion.

if you want to debate with non believers, debate logically..which usually works most the time. because think of it...if they

1)dont believe in the bible
2)dont believe in god
3)dont believe in an existence of a god

what would be the poitn in saying they're oging to a hell they dont believe in? whats the point of saying god will rebuke you, in a god they dont believe in?

think...LOGICALLY...i try to do the same, you should too...for the sake of either side. heart 3nodding  

ElenaMason

1,000 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

CCubed

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:22 pm
SaintChaos
someone refuted me earlier and ill say again...

THERE IS NO PROOF GOD EXISTS! stare

Faith and Trust is NOT proof. rolleyes

And what I meant by that was there is no proof "physically". Christians say all the time that they can "feel" god or sit there and say that "God did this and that in my life" but you can't prove he did. Sure WE as christians can sit and say that, and yes in my life there are instances that it would SEEM God intervened, but I still can't prove it physically that he stepped in and helped. confused

To THINK something exists by theory that isn't backed up by evidence is never good enough for those who don't believe in god. so don't sit there telling non believers that theres "only one religion" or "youll go to hell for such and such"....thats blatantly absurd. why? because that proves NOTHING...that tells them NOTHING except make the

m defensive or not listen to you, it doesn't prove a point either other than your own opinion.

if you want to debate with non believers, debate logically..which usually works most the time. because think of it...if they

1)dont believe in the bible
2)dont believe in god
3)dont believe in an existence of a god

what would be the poitn in saying they're oging to a hell they dont believe in? whats the point of saying god will rebuke you, in a god they dont believe in?

think...LOGICALLY...i try to do the same, you should too...for the sake of either side. heart 3nodding

But there is proof. It also relies on our faith, but it can help those with no faith begin believing. Thomas Aquinas' theory of design is a good starting one. He said that if you take any man-made object, in this case a computer, that the computer cannot make itself. Instead, it is a creation of a much higher intellect. The parts of the computer do not simply make themselves and then attach themselves. It is the same with the universe. The universe is too complex to just have happened. It also must have required a higher intellect, or God.

A second proof, which proves God by science, is usually the better of the two for most people as it uses a source that most don't deny to prove him. In science, everything dies. Animals die, People die, Plants die. Even Atoms don't stay in there same state forever, they experience a death just like everything else when a single atom is split in half and made into two new resulting atoms. Some would say that the atom doesn't die, however the original atom ceases to exist when it splits apart, as the halves become combined with the other atoms and form new atoms. As such, nothing could have "always been." Thus implying that there is a higher power that made us, and everything in the universe.

A third proof is this, Genetics. Did you know that all human beings on earth share a certain strand of DNA. it's always the same. Do you realize how much of a statistical impossibility it is that that particular effect happened during a random reaction? Do you realize how much of a statistical impossibility it is for the DNA to even be alike to begin with?

A fourth proof, is the tried and true "Where did you come from" question line. Simply continue to ask them where they came from, where thier parent's came from, and eventually they will hit a point where they can't explain it. It's usually the question, "If the big bang made us, what made the particles?" That's unexplainable. The particles haven't "always been," we've established they couldn't have in the second proof. So obviously they came from somewhere, only answer left is a higher intelligence made us, AKA God.  
Debate and Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff