Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Taking Photos of Minatures Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dregh Omnius -Kody30-

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:42 pm
.. How did you know there was a beer bottle behind my chaplain.. I WANT ANSWERS  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:19 pm
i just used my mouse pad and the reverse side of one of my D&D character sheets for my photos in the painting thread. i think they came out pretty well for using my phone for a camera surprised  

Necron_Pariah

1,100 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Herr Kaiser

Aged Codger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 01, 2009 4:42 am
my space marine commander and khornate champion, they would look better but my phones camera sucks rolleyes
http://s765.photobucket.com/albums/xx297/spangleyscurr/?action=view¤t=Photo-0007.jpg  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 6:55 pm
Thanks for all the info! I was getting frustrated at my inability to take even a semi-sharp photo. This thread helped a LOT! : D  

Pouncey

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:20 pm
For light, my camera won't use the flash in macro mode, so I actually use an Ott Lite for my photos and videos. It's vary bright, and is specially designed to mimic daylight. No need for a large $80(US)+ model, I got a small, plain desk model that was labeled at $30(US), but I got that on sale @ 40% off at Hobby Lobby (plus my employee discount). So I don't know how much it was total for me, but it was under $20(US).

TL;DR version: simple Ott Lite is great, there's models that don't break the bank.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:23 pm
notmuch_23
For light, my camera won't use the flash in macro mode, so I actually use an Ott Lite for my photos and videos. It's vary bright, and is specially designed to mimic daylight. No need for a large $80(US)+ model, I got a small, plain desk model that was labeled at $30(US), but I got that on sale @ 40% off at Hobby Lobby (plus my employee discount). So I don't know how much it was total for me, but it was under $20(US).

TL;DR version: simple Ott Lite is great, there's models that don't break the bank.
I'm going to have to look into that. I'm finding the LED lights I got are a bit too dim for my purposes.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:51 pm
DarkElf27
notmuch_23

I'm going to have to look into that. I'm finding the LED lights I got are a bit too dim for my purposes.

This is the one that I have. I passed up on the LED task lamp because it doesn't plug into the wall, and I imagine it would just chew through AAs like nobody's business.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 2:31 pm
I got a Sony HX9 camera for Christmas, as well as a good tripod (and mini-tripod). I'm going to experiment some with simple flashlights instead of those LED lamps 'cause they only really work for ambient light.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash