Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Doctrix

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2004 10:12 pm
devil_angel123
*nods* i know some people who believe in a god and goddess and others who only believe in the goddess. r they both different paths and beliefs?

Very different paths and beliefs! You might want to read about the different types or "Traditions" of Pagan religions. I suggest going here: http://www.witchvox.com/xtrads.html  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 7:40 pm
Hiya!

I'm Fairfax Kenton. Well, not really, but you know.

Fairfax, Fair, Kenton, etc. - any of these work just fine. ^.^ or some of my friends call me Crow, because they're awesome and on crack. It has more to do with movie-watching than with any attempt to sound mystical and weird, really. ^.^

I'm very interested in learning about older Germanic beliefs, Norse mythology, that sort of thing. I also have an interest in studying Japanese, Chinese, and Egyptian traditions. I'm very fond of the idea of makoto, which I think is a Shinto (?) concept involving sincerity, and congruency between thought, action, and intention. I'm also hoping to pick up some good meditation tips.

I used to be very much a fluff, but I think I've calmed down considerably - much to my dismay, however, I didn't learn anything in the process.

I intend to go through the link list ASAP.

^.^ Thanks, and nice to meet y'all.  

Feill Fear

Toxic Tofu

PostPosted: Wed Jul 28, 2004 11:47 pm
*Waves* Helloo, just joined this guild today ^_^. You guys are awesome for thinking up something like this, and I love the name xd . Gotta love the new guild feature ^_^.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:04 pm
Hey everybody!

I am fairly new to this guild, and I joined it because I would like to ease my confusion (as I'm sure that's why some of the members of this guild joined). I'm happy to be a part of a group containing people who have a lot of knowledge and full of people who are probably as confused as I am =^_^=.

I used to be a hardcore fluffy, but I didn't realize it at first. I used to brag because "the Goddess loves me!" (but I didn't really know what Goddess I was worshipping), and I loved reading all books from Llwellden (sp?). Those were the only books I read, thus I believed that I knew everything about Wicca and Witchcraft because I read all 3 books by Silver Ravenwolf, although I've found out that it takes more than 3 books to learn everything.

Then I saw a link to Why Wiccans Suck, which really changed my life for the better. But now, I sort of feel lost (although I was lost during my fluffy years, but I never felt it). I'm hoping that this guild will help me start to think for myself, learn what's out there, and to gain ideas.

Well, I'm glad that I joined. Nice to meet everybody!  

alwaysanonymous

RelenaS

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:48 pm
Hello I'm RelenaS, or Amy IRL. Its late, and i jsut joined so please forgive the grammer and spelling errors sweatdrop

I'm here becacuse if I have any fluffyness in me I want it out, I'm also here to learn, i love learning about differant faiths, beliefs and religions (yes they all sound like the same thing, to me they are not).

I have been looking around and I may just ask dedorihde (sp? sorry is i misspelled...) to help me with my runes study, since I'm jsut recently starting to learn about them.

Anyways, thank you.

RelenaS  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 1:17 am
silly_tiff
Hey everybody!

I am fairly new to this guild, and I joined it because I would like to ease my confusion (as I'm sure that's why some of the members of this guild joined). I'm happy to be a part of a group containing people who have a lot of knowledge and full of people who are probably as confused as I am =^_^=.

Welcome.

Quote:
I used to be a hardcore fluffy, but I didn't realize it at first. I used to brag because "the Goddess loves me!" (but I didn't really know what Goddess I was worshipping), and I loved reading all books from Llwellden (sp?). Those were the only books I read, thus I believed that I knew everything about Wicca and Witchcraft because I read all 3 books by Silver Ravenwolf, although I've found out that it takes more than 3 books to learn everything.

First step to recovery: Burn any and all Silver Ravenwolf books in your possession.

Quote:
Then I saw a link to Why Wiccans Suck, which really changed my life for the better. But now, I sort of feel lost (although I was lost during my fluffy years, but I never felt it). I'm hoping that this guild will help me start to think for myself, learn what's out there, and to gain ideas.

I think what you need to do to feel found is research various beliefs. Maybe Wicca is the path for you. Maybe not. Whatever you do, it should feel right to you.

Quote:
Well, I'm glad that I joined. Nice to meet everybody!

Same to you. heart  

Cloverina

Mystic Flower Petals

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 10:45 am
Hello,

As I said when I applyed, I'm exploring different religions, and am intrested in wicca. I haven't read too much on the subject, But I have read "Wicca: A guide for the solitary practitioner" By Scott Cunningham. I don't think I'm that fluffy, but I am still looking to learn more. Any help or advice anyone could give me would be great! Thank you!

-WhirlGirl  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 4:19 pm
WhirlGirl
Hello,

Hi.

Quote:
As I said when I applyed, I'm exploring different religions, and am intrested in wicca. I haven't read too much on the subject, But I have read "Wicca: A guide for the solitary practitioner" By Scott Cunningham.

Not a bad place to start. You certainly need to read more. Many people suggest Drawing Down the Moon as a good source for Wicca. The biggest flaw with Cunningham's book that I know of is the way he avoids anything unhappy or "dark". If I remember right, he mentions that it exists once, and then quickly changes the topic. You can see by looking at the world that not all things are gumdrops and lollypops.

Quote:
I don't think I'm that fluffy, but I am still looking to learn more. Any help or advice anyone could give me would be great! Thank you!

The fact that you're looking to learn more makes you unfluffy to me.  

Cloverina

Mystic Flower Petals

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:31 pm
Cloverina
WhirlGirl
Hello,

Hi.

Quote:
As I said when I applyed, I'm exploring different religions, and am intrested in wicca. I haven't read too much on the subject, But I have read "Wicca: A guide for the solitary practitioner" By Scott Cunningham.

Not a bad place to start. You certainly need to read more. Many people suggest Drawing Down the Moon as a good source for Wicca. The biggest flaw with Cunningham's book that I know of is the way he avoids anything unhappy or "dark". If I remember right, he mentions that it exists once, and then quickly changes the topic. You can see by looking at the world that not all things are gumdrops and lollypops.

Quote:
I don't think I'm that fluffy, but I am still looking to learn more. Any help or advice anyone could give me would be great! Thank you!

The fact that you're looking to learn more makes you unfluffy to me.

I'm not as quote literate as you. xp

So I'll respond to all that down here. I did read parts of Drawing Down the Moon, but I got bogged down and didn't finish it in time and had to return it to the library. I also read The Spiral Dance, and a few others that I can't remember right now.

And, about the fluffyness... Thank you.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 6:57 pm
Actually, my biggest flaw with Cunnigham is how his text is used. So many people who use his solitary guide, use it as the end all be all to ritual, without realizing that it was only meant to be a start for those who couldn't find a Coven yet.

I loved Drawing Down the Moon as a general guide to the Neo-Pagan world. It needs to be updated though.

The Spiral Dance is another great book, but remember that Starhawk isn't Wiccan. She founded her own group called "Reclaiming" when she realized that she and Wicca didn't quite agree. Which is why I like her.

Whirlgirl, you've got a good start already. Good luck.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Cloverina

PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:09 pm
WhirlGirl

You’ll pick it up. I was butchering the quotes for quite some time before I learned.

And listen to Nuri. *nod nod*  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 04, 2004 7:27 pm
Cloverina
WhirlGirl

You’ll pick it up. I was butchering the quotes for quite some time before I learned.

Aww, thanks for the vote of confidence.
Listen to me as much as you want, but also remember that it is your religion. If you think I'm wrong, tell me so. I like a good argument.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Mystic Flower Petals

PostPosted: Thu Aug 05, 2004 7:46 am
Nuri
Cloverina
WhirlGirl

Aww, thanks for the vote of confidence.
Listen to me as much as you want, but also remember that it is your religion. If you think I'm wrong, tell me so. I like a good argument.

I like a good debate myself, but at this point I'm not ready to do much arguing, I'd just be making a fool of myself through my ignorance. xd  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 9:25 pm
I just saw my first glimpse of a pagan fluffy bunny. Yep, she had all the symptoms. She was all like, "yeah, christians suck and that's why I'm wiccan. You shouldn't be like that." I was like, 'jeez!'  

SeanV

Capt. Bradwen

PostPosted: Tue Aug 17, 2004 10:07 pm
Heyas, the name's Mythril-kun.

I'm still faily new to paganism, only been involved for about two years. As of yet I havn't gotten any books, as I knew there was a plethora of both good and bad information, so I've done most of my research online. I still had troubles sorting out stuff, though I'm pretty sure I could grasp basic concepts. Fortunately your linklist has been helping me alot. I've been plowing through it, looking through alot of the info. Right now my exact path of religion is still hazy. I've yet to find a path that feels right to me, but I've still got plenty to look at.

Of course I havn't gone with just research for two years. I spend alot of time in meditation, reflecting upon myself and trying to affirm where my beliefs lie on various things. Sometimes I find answers to my questions, but often I've turned up with nothing. (Or fallen asleep ^^; )

Hopefully I'll get to pull alot more from this community than I've been able to from myself. And I'll also contribute plenty on my part as well as time goes on. I look forward to spending time with you all! 3nodding  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff