Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply Negaspace & The Rift
[NegMetaR] Water you doing? (Kama x Prehnite) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:45 pm
Putting house plants in salads was probably a horrible idea, even if they weren’t poisonous. Was it normal to have poisonous plants? Yuuri felt like he knew even less about plants now than he did before.

But he was grateful for the way Reed guided him away from all of the suddenly lethal objects that he only just began to notice. He made sure to duck around some vines that he wasn’t sure if he was careful about avoiding before.

“It’s dangerous?” Yuuri squeaked again, trying to remember if he’d seen any of this… oleander pink flower plant. Maybe. Probably. What if he and Misha had been sitting near some at the park? Oh, but even worse than that--

“You keep plants that bite?”

Was it possible to feel faint about plants? Probably if he was poisoned. No, no, he knew Reed wouldn’t have done that. It would have been much easier to kill him in the Rift where there wouldn’t be any real way to recover his body.

And yet, he still felt more comfortable with Reed’s guidance than not. He decided to trust his promise that none of it would hurt him.

“Thank you,” he said quietly once they’d made it out of the death trap-- or greenhouse. He chewed nervously on his lip as he stared at Reed, and then at the plants again. “The one I have… that’s not… I mean… it’s okay to keep, isn’t it?” He wanted to keep it alive of course, but he wasn’t sure if he was knowledgeable enough to handle a poisonous plant.

Shiningamisgirl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 05, 2022 10:19 pm
“If ingested in large enough quantities? Though I suppose anything could be considered lethal at that point.”

A gently raised brow for Yuuris shock, and Reeds smile seemed like something liable to stay. Like a rusty hinge that’d been given some long needed WD-40. He liked this subject, liked — even the barest hint of interest for all that it was the thing he’d poured years of his life into. What were degrees worth when parsed against the needs of many?

Especially in something so niche?

What good were the nuances of herbology - of the life death and chemical distillery of plants - to the negaverse? To destiny city?

Better to teach the up and coming.

How this brief encounter felt like a culmination of that - Kama asked questions, and he wanted to give him all the answers he had at hand. To look fond for his memory of the first burgeoning Venus flytrap he’d ever grown — how versions of such things existed in the rift, how he loved their tenacity. Feral and lively. Youma - yes - but they too were as beautiful as they were deadly. A necessity to the circle of life. On earth, beneath it.

“I do indeed keep things that have some, bite, to them - to keep out unwanted bugs. I’ve — some drosera, sundew, a few Titian’s sin? Though it’s more the acid they produce than the snap that you’d have to worry about. I do try and keep the more spiny pests out of the garden I actively work in. Lest someone touch it by accident…” he shuddered at the thought of hogweed making its way into his eden and overrunning all his hard work until it was ruin.

“Not that I haven’t been working on some more menacing pet projects, but I keep those things in iolanthes garden in the rift.” Much like the magical properties turned poison he laced he once laced his blades with, until the poisonous effects seemed to become pet and parcel coating embedded in the very steel of his serrated trowels.

For all his chatting on — he’d almost not noticed Yuuris nerves. Gently patted the thin mans shoulder and nudged him towards his covered patio with a convenient seat-swing, red cushions and white lattice overlain with more honeysuckle vines that seemed to crawl the side of the house and concrete without a care. Bursting with orange sweet flowers.

Reed considered the question — at length — took a seat and invited Yuuri to do the same with a passive little wave.

“Yuuri…you needn’t thank me. It’s, quite literally my pleasure.” Sighed in green and out sincerity while he looked Yuuri over - slight - soft - trying so hard to be agreeable for him. Reed appreciated that to no end. “I assure you. What you’ve got is so safe they sell in floral departments at grocery stores. It’s a pretty thing. Produces bright orange hues. A flaming sword, it’s perfect for you.”

“Now…aside from tools and batteries. Would you like anything to drink? Sometimes it all seems less daunting when one sits among the roses and literally smells them…You could probably spot a variety of butterflies if you tried. They quite like it here too.” Was Reed stalling for time? For company? Maybe, he wasn’t sure about anything — except that he wanted Yuuri to look less like he was ready to leap from his own skin if Reed overwhelmed him with one more detail.

Guine

Shiningamisgirl

Ruthless Consumer

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:23 am
Yuuri listened of course. He tried to make sure he remembered the things Reed was telling him. But he had no idea what some of those plants were. Sundew? Titian's sin? Maybe he would just have to look them up later. Although he did cautiously glance around him to make sure there weren't any plants with fangs around him. Just in case. Even if Reed said he tried to keep them away from people touching…

He sat down on the seat without really thinking about it. Maybe he just needed to let his body catch up to his still racing heart. He couldn't help but stare in awe at the flowers and vines around them, once again impressed by how much care must have gone into these plants. He certainly didn't think he was talented enough to pull something like that off.

Ah, and that was one more reason to stay away from the Rift.

But he blinked curiously at the offer for a drink, but Reed was right in that Yuuri would actually like to sit and stare at the plants around them.

"Please? If you don't mind. Thank you. I'm okay with anything," he insisted. He didn't have a preference, but he did like the excuse to sit there a little longer. Maybe Reed had more insight on what to expect from his plant -- Flaming sword, he reminded himself.

Shiningamisgirl

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:04 pm
"Of course." it wasn't a mind or a matter. Reed almost felt guilty for keeping Yuuri longer, greedy to entertain. The weather was peaceful, the sun's filtering rays cut warm through the changing seasons cold where it flit between leaves, and awnings.

Reed left Yuuri for a moment, for two, made his way through the sliding glass door, left unlocked from the inside. No reason to latch or bar it, except when he and Sonia were home at night. Only then.

And there was pink lemonade in the fridge, laden with ice. Full of fresh grapefruit slices, cut from a neighbors tree that'd overgrown into his own yard. Mint leaves lingered in it today, and sometimes? Sonia liked it with basil, and he'd make it that way - would add more fruits - like a tropical mojito punch, only minus the alcohol.

Yuuri received a pastel blue glass, Reed's was green. An old wrought iron table painted white with tiny suns got pulled close enough to set them upon if needed. "Here...it's lemonade" the idea of small talk flew out the window in favor of silence, sipped softly over notes of sweet and sour. "I hope you don't mind it pink, or slightly minty."

Guine

Shiningamisgirl

Ruthless Consumer

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:52 pm
Yuuri sat and waited, which might have been what he needed most desperately. More than help for how to keep a small plant alive it was a moment to breathe. Sometimes he felt as though he didn’t get those moments very often.

He looked up when Reed returned and lifted both hands to carefully take the pastel blue glass and held it close to him with gratitude.

“Thank you, Reed,” he said quietly and with a small shake of his head regarding the mint, or it being pink. “I don’t mind at all.” He didn’t concern himself with whether it was poisonous or not, or if it had a bite to it. Instead, he just enjoyed the silence except for the sounds of nature.

It wasn’t until he’d finished about half of his glass before he spoke again, feeling a little guilty that he’d been so silent. And yet, the silence was rejuvenating.

“Maybe we can do this again sometime, if you’d like,” he suggested, feeling a little awkward about it because it wasn’t as though they knew each other. But he found that Reed’s company was enjoyable to him.

Shiningamisgirl

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:42 am
“I’d like nothing more..Whenever you want? It’s here. Myself, the garden….”

Reed was surprised, perplexed, no one — no one had ever - *ever* - shown an interest. Not just to come sit — and Sonia had shown some flair for gardening, for practical reasons. Had given him meaningful gifts. Their beginnings were strained and tumultuous, they rarely ever did things quite like this, and he hated to ask or to bother her when she had a whole life full of things to be busy with.

“…I wish I’d met you ten years ago.” non sequitur he was surprised to have said at all, let alone aloud. He covered it with more silence, hid behind his glass and prayed the quiet would save him. Yuuri was a good person, a kindness, that was all he’d seen from every Senshi he’d met on their side. He was pleased to find it in one of the few remaining eternals — like a rare breed. Too pure to have what made them special wrung out of them by life.

Reed wished… deeply….that he’d tried making friends years ago. Sharing himself with others seemed ever so less terrifying now than it ever had before, the not caring helped. Just like the caring in very specific and new ways? It was an exhausting conundrum, but he was glad for it.

“..that is…you’re welcome, Yuuri.” he tucked the thank you he wished to offer away. Smiled instead, something soft and genuine, just a few degrees warmer than the air around them.
Guine

Shiningamisgirl

Ruthless Consumer

Guine

Crew

Lonely Explorer

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2022 10:01 am
Yuuri glanced curiously up at Reed, surprised by the comment and, well, couldn’t stop his cheeks from flushing red as he quickly ducked his head back down to focus on his drink like Reed seemed to be focusing on his.

It wasn’t often that anyone seemed like they cared for his company, much less regretting not meeting him sooner. He didn’t talk much. He was skittish and easily flustered. Easily pushed into a panic.

And yet, Yuuri couldn’t help but feel as though he’d missed something by having not met Prehnite sooner. He would just have to take him up on his offer.

Shiningamisgirl
Fin? QQ Thank you!

Negaspace & The Rift

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas