Submit

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 9:13 am
Chal glanced at Kara when he gave her the information about Pip. What was that girl up to? She certainly had her own spirit. "I wonder what Zofie would think of a sunflower field..." he said thoughtfully. Or for that matter, what would the alpaca think of a sunflower field since they may truly be the bosses around here. "Thanks Kara, see you in a few."

Ne'kar followed after Kara, "I don't know if I'll ever get promoted from mucking the stalls..." he admitted, it was probably the only thing he wasn't going to screw up horribly. "At least Osha will be taking over for me soon." He said with confidence that he would win and his wooden cake would make it through the wedding. "Don't worry dad, I'll send Pip to you when she gets here!" the boy called back to Chal. As they approached the boundary of the ranch and the path that led towards the main house, Ne'kar could see the familiar blue forms that was his dad's family. "Oh, they're here!" Ne'kar said bouncing up and down. "What is grandpa doing?!" He exclaimed suddenly halting as he squinted down the road. "I think I'm going to be sick..."  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 10:19 am
The shetani rewarded Azure with the biggest bright smile when he agreed to see the alpacas. It wasn't every day she got to see them! Maybe she could also pick up some Alpaca specific items while there too, like additional blankets. Could never have too many blankets with a cave. Especially since the teens outgrew their childrens blankets now - the adorable weeds.

At Hemis Yelp her smile turned into a grin. He'd just have to suck it up because - she looked up at Azure as he spoke, anticipation flickering on her features as she guessed what would happen a moment before it did. She melted in to his embrace, returning his kiss with equal fervor. She felt her heart pick up the pace slightly - he still made her pulse quicken even after 6 kids and all these seasons.

When they pulled back, she looked over their shoulder and gave the pair a wink before looking back up front. The welcoming committee was there! She raised an arm to wave as they approached.

Hemi. Was. Horrified.

"DAD!" He sputtered, his hands flying from Flutterbys to cover his eyes. Of course he knew his folks were still crazy for each other - he supposed that was a good thing - but still! HE DIDNT WANT TO SEE IT! "I am so glad I moved out!" With a huge sigh, he grabbed his girlfriends hand again to start running up the hill. Trying to get away from his embarrassing parents.  

Mist_of_the_Ages

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2020 5:24 pm
Pip giggled, her shoulders pulled up as her head ducked. Only keeping one eye open while the other pulled shut. She scanned for anything, but specifically one person.

Her brother! Sure, she wasn't looking for Ne'kar but that worked well enough.

"I'll send someone over!"
Declaring her intentions, she small child let Asrun's hand go and started toward her little brother. Down the way she saw Alli-oki with the two alpaca he was bringing to greet the guests.

Impish smile lit up her little face as she moved behind her brother to get to the other side. There was a tug, part of her wanted to greet their grandparents but first, she had a mission to accomplish.

Well on the other side she practically ran right into Alioki. Patting his leg, she whispered a few things to him. When the adult nodded, her job was done, for now. Back on her heel, she was zipping right back to the entrance. Only, he didn't seem as excited as he did before. She looked down the way and missed the matter.

Tilting her head to the side, she tapped Ne'kar on the leg to get his attention. "Whats a'matter?"

User Image

Alioiki pulled along two alpaca, the old matriarch in a proud white and one of their younger brown and white geldings. The matriarch was so desensitized with Alma that she wasn't phased by anything, the male seemed to be constantly joyful. Both tolerated pae, action and noise really well so they got to be the other part of the welcoming committee.

Pip had said Asrun was willing to help with the alpaca. Unexpected for two reasons. This was the first time he'd seen her in a very, very long time. The second, he wasn't aware she had spent any time with the animals.

Ah well, they were calm if if she was willing to help then who was he to say no? He approached behind Ne'kar and Pip calling to them as he did so, "Behind you, I have two of the herd to greet the guests. Get 'em seated once they get here." He saw the affection gesture between the two adults but didn't have near the visceral response the teen had.

Approaching Asrun, he cleared his throat once and manged, "It is nice to see you..er glad you could make it. Alpaca?" He held out one of the bridles in what would go down as one of the smoothest conversation of his life.

Thank the heavens Corazon wasn't out here. She wouldn't let him live this down.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2020 6:28 pm
Azure's love for Dyas was apparent, and the male puffed up his chest at the facts that a) they still got it and b) mission accomplished. "Don't worry, we're glad you moved out too." Azure responded to Hemi low enough that only Dyas could hear him. "Ah, look. It's Ne'kar and Pip! Gosh, growing like weeds." Well at least Ne'kar was, Pip not so much. Azure glanced at Dyas, to see her face when she saw the alpaca that were greeting them.

"Pip. Ne'kar." Azure said in greeting. Ruffling the hair on both of their heads. "You alright, boy? You look a little under the weather." Azure asked pausing to take a good look at the teen.

Ne'kar looked at Pip as he waited for the rest of the family to walk up. "Oh, iit's nothing really. Just old paeple being gross." He sighed. "What were you doing anyways? Everyone is trying to figure out what sort of trouble you were getting into."

Ne'kar flattened out his hair, he normally wasn't one to care about his hair, but really? How many times could a grown up ruffle his hair in one day? This was supposed to be a wedding, not a grooming session. "I'll be alright grandpa. Just big day excitement I guess." He quickly ran over to Dyas to give her a hug. "Hi, grandma." After doing his dutiful hug, Ne'kar waved excitedly at his uncle. "Hi, Uncle Hemi!"

Mist_of_the_Ages

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 5:20 pm
Pip hoped up and down waving to the gathering family. "Grandpa, Grandma, Uncle Hemi!" Each name came accompanied with a cheer. Her smile only faltering when she was addressed.

Putting her hands behind her back, she rocked on the balls of her feet as she answered, "Me? Never, thats my sister." and him but they didn't know him so she kept that one out, "I had to go get Asrun, can't let her miss the wedding!" Grinning widely with that toothy smile, Pip only dropped it to run over to her grandparents and Uncle.

Naturally both Azure and Dyas received big hugs before ending with hugging Hemi last. "Welcome to the big-big day!"

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 6:55 pm
Asrun offered an affirmative tilt of her head as she sent the kid on her way before crossing her arms and taking a few steps back away from the crowd. There was just something about being kind of the outsider to the event that didn't truly sit well with the naiad - she wasn't particularly close to either the bride or groom.... or really most of the village in retrospect. Or, at least, she didn't think she'd given them any reason to try and be close to her.

Truth be told, she'd been planning on skipping the whole thing, at least until Pip quite literally fetched her. The kid probably would have missed it herself trying to pester Asrun into coming if she hadn't obliged, and what good would that do outside of upsetting her?

She turned her eyes to once more follow the movements of the tot, a somewhat smug smile flashing over her lips as she sent the other kid her way. Sneaky little vixen that Pip was becoming - wonder who was teaching her such tricks of the trade. That said, she had promised to try and make up to the kid.

That said, easier said than done. This was the first time they'd really spoken since that day several seasons ago.

Act. Natural.

She offered an awkward half-wave as he came over, and her smile may have twitched just slightly. s**t, this was gonna be harder than she thought. "Yeah, it's been a while, ain't it?" All thanks to her really. "How've ya been kid?" After that Venus Day, she was pretty aware that he wasn't a kid anymore. But still, old habits die hard. She blinked at the offered bridle, that awkward smile still forced on her face. "....Alpaca?"

EvilSilverDragon

Daisicle

Aged Genius

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:28 pm
Zofie immediately started over to Asrun the moment she noticed she was there. The two of them held a bond now beyond village ties. "I am glad you could make it, Asrun! We are so happy to see you." The naiad was certainly the most elusive of the village residents. Sometimes it seemed Pip was the only connection between them and the other woman.

She had to hope this was positive sign. "We have reception food over there," Zofie gestured to the small table with finger foods, "And we'll have a bigger feast after the ceremony. We will be getting started shortly." Even if they weren't ready, there was only so long one could contain Alma.

Alioiki agreed instantly, "I has been. I kept hoping for a chance to apologize." Clearly either his behavior or his family's pushing her offended her. Any attempt at reaching previously seemed thwarted in no small part because going into the marsh seemed like that would be invading her safe space. Despite himself, he winced when she called him a kid.

He was NOT a child. At the same time protesting that would be awfully childish. So he flexed his jaw and swallowed once before broaching, "I have been well, how have you been?" One of the Alpaca reached her head forward to sniff at Asrun, looking for treats no doubt.

"Uh, Pip said you hadn't seen an Alpaca up close so I brought them over." What Pip had actually said might have been a bit different then the relayed message. Just a bit.

Daisicle

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2020 8:49 pm
While a bit larger, her smile was no less forced when Zofie came over. This was no problem of hers, just the fact that Asrun still felt that she'd kind of betrayed the village leader, no, her new sister's trust in doing what she'd done during that Venus Day so far back. It wasn't something she could easily forgive herself for. "Thanks Zofie, there wasn't no was I was gonna miss a big event important for y'all after y'all went and invited me." False. Absolute lie. "Let me know if there's anything you need doing."

The fact that the kid felt the need to apologize tugged at Asrun's heartstrings even more. He hadn't done nothing wrong, "No, it's all on me, I'm sorry." Her mouth hung open for a moment longer, planning originally on going into greater detail about what exactly she was apologizing for, but stopped. Instead she scratched her cheek before taking hold at his attempt for casual conversation. A shrug. "Ain't nothing changes much in the swamp." Well, except for the new secret cult thing she and Zofie were a part of. Apparently. "Most interestin' thing that happens ta me these days is Pip comin' and throwin birdseed on me. Sometimes I wonder if she thinks I'm a real fish." A somewhat hallow laugh as she tried to keep up pleasant conversation. Ah, so that's what the rascal had said - she'd just earned herself a harder rub of the head.

With a less-obviously forced motion, she took the bridle from Alioki. "Nah, I see these guys from the edges sometimes, but they don't really like ta come and feed all that close." Another pause. "They got names?"

EvilSilverDragon

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 9:40 pm
Chal glanced over at Osha. He had already seen in the distance that Ne'kar and Pip had found his parents. Certain that they would be able to catch up after the ceremony, when the party began, Chal was feeling anxious to get things going and he was certain that Alma was feeling the same way. Perhaps he could already feel the binding of their souls. No, he just knew Alma.

"Osha would you get Zofie and your mom. Everyone is here and should be making their way over, now I just need a girl to marry." He said with a dreamy expression on his face.

EvilSilverDragon

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2020 3:35 pm
Turning her attention from her siblings, Osha looked back at her father with a grin, "Sure thing, I'll see if I can find one on the way." Turning on her heel she took off. Swift zooming around the obstacles of chairs to make it to Zofie's side.

Zofie smiled at Asrun answering, "Just try to enjoy yourself, there will be more food after the ceremo-"

Sure she could walk over, the distance wasn't that far. Then, what would be the fun?

"Ms. Zofie, Dad's finally ready to get married." Her report came delivered in typical teenager fashion.

Zofie had to chuckle at the girl. Shaking her head gently, reflecting just how much of her mother that girl had. "We'll duty calls. Its show time. Osha, go get your mom as soon as you two get outside, she'll stand on my left." With all of that energy, she was going to need to make this short and sweet.

Leaving Osha to her task, Zofie walked up the four steps of the porch. Turning to the assembled family, her eyes drifting to the Forest and the ones who can't attend.

No, today is not the day for regret.

"Alright everyone, places. Guests, please have a seat. Chal, if you would stand beside me. Your bride will be out very shortly." There was a playful emphases on very. There are very few things Alma did slowly.

Aloiki flexed his fingers unconsciously. There was an answer to her apology but he couldn't find it. Finally he offered, "I hope we can get to see you more often." Sometimes it was easy to forget that Asrun was still there. Almost think she was an old fond memory. That was for one factor.

Looking towards the small green child, he commented, "Pip talks about you all the time. She is very, very fond of you." One of her best friends as the precious child liked to say.

Relieved of the old matriarch, he told her, "We've always called her Momma, she is one of the oldest ladies on the Ranch. Several of the herd are her daughters. This guy, "he patted the gelding's neck, "Is Storm, they are the best with Alma so here to greet the guests." Alpaca were a draw to the ranch for certain.

For Osha's part, she entered through the back of the house. Finding her mother with her hair all in flowers, several clearly out of place driving Corazon crazy, well that was just the icing on the cake.

Yep, Corazon was still the worst babysitter. "Time to g--" Zofie zipped past her barreling to the front door. "o" Yeah, that shouldn't have surprised her. There went more flowers from the crown.

Wolfs Heart
Main event next post biggrin

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2020 8:27 pm
Chal smiled as his daughter ran off, now he was all by his self. It was a good thing Alma hadn't been left by herself because he could only imagine how she would have taken it, he was barely handling the excitement when he didn't have someone else to distract him. Thankfully, it wasn't long before Zofie and then everyone else showed up. "Alright, stand by you." Chal repeated.

Ne'kar looked towards Zofie as she called them to take their seats. "Alright grandma, grandpa, Hemi, Mrs. Hemi. Time to get things started!" The boy bounced. This was perhaps the biggest event of his lifetime and it was his mom and dad getting married, how cool was that. "Come on, follow me!" He urged them, pointing towards the seats where they would watch everything from.

Azure laughed at the boy's exuberance, "Alright then, we better go." He said trying to mimic his excitement. It was always good to see his sons, and an occasion like this was certainly something. "Dyas, are you ready?" His eyes twinkled as he looked at her and then tugged her towards her seat, offering her the one with the best view.

EvilSilverDragon

Mist_of_the_Ages

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2020 6:41 pm
As the front door opened, Alma burst out making a bee-line for Chal. Both Osha and Corazon diverted the woman. The two practically held her captive holding each arm to guide one extremely excited bride to her place.

Zofie remained unfazed, smiling to the joined family and friends. On one side was Chal, a treasured member of the village. On the other Alma, every bit looking her part. Her short red hair had been neatly plieted with a crown of flowers. From the last time she saw her, the girl's hair flew in all directions with what flowers remaining weaving in and out of the red locks.

If she wasn't being so serious, the elder would have to laugh. Both were perfectly themselves. Once Osha put the bouquet in Alma's hands, Zofie began. "Family and Friends, we gather today as a village to witness the joining of two vibrant souls. As a village we embrace them as one." Kara handed Zofie a pile of cloth before pulling back, far out of the light.

In her hands, a symbol. The fibers to create the scarf like bindings came from the very alpaca that Chal worked so diligently with. Most of the scarf was the off-white and browns common in the herd. One end was dip dyed blue and sliver for Chal, the other one dyed blues and blended greens with the tip a vibrant red.

With the blue and silver end, she addressed Alma first, "You are the builder of our village, may the foundation you have built with Chal never weaken. You energy is boundless, may that zest in your marriage never fade. Alone you are powerful, together your bond makes you unstoppable. Alma, do you wish to be wed, bound together with Chal so tightly the fiber never comes undone?" Needless question but this was a ceremony after all.

Fiddling with her bouquet, Alma fought between a beaming smile and a frown. They kept her away from Chal far too long. She tired to list to Zofie, managed to get what she was saying even if the antsy shifting seemed to say otherwise. Oh, that question was for her, "Yes!" About three decibels lower than her acceptance of the engagement. Impressive for Alma

Zofie proceeded to wrap the blue and silver end around Alma's left hand. Looking now to Chal, she repeats, "Your patience," was legendary "is unwavering, may that serve weave the bond of your marriage. Your gentle kindness brings out the best in everyone around you, may that serve to guide you always. Chal, do you wise to be wed, bound together with Alma so tightly the fiber never comes undone?" She asked, the blue and blended green with the red end held out towards him. There she waited for his answer.

Wolfs Heart

Mist_of_the_Ages

Daisicle

EvilSilverDragon

Intellectual Mage

Mist_of_the_Ages

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 10:54 am
At Azures comeback to their embarrassed child, her grin pulled wide. She'd be giggling in agreement, had she possessed the ability to make any sound at all.

As they got closer, Dyas started to realize something.

Alpaca. RIGHT THERE!! Her dual colored eyes widened as her pace increased slightly. Wait. No. Manners Dyas. First greet the pae, THEN the animal. She was her fathers daughter and desperately wanted to experience the new thing first - but was far more socially in tuned. She warmly returned the hugs and happily nodded in greeting before her eyes slowly returned to the alpaca. If she could just touch him. A hand slowly reached out - Then she was promptly called back to the pae around her. She would pet this majestic creature after the wedding, she swore it.

Smiling at Ne'kar before nodding to her husband, she followed him to her seat. It was a perfect viewpoint chosen. She gave his hand a warm squeeze before looking forward at her beloved son and future daughter. Dyas had been looking forward to this day ever since she met Alma at their cave. Zolfie's speech was so beautiful, she felt moisture come to her eyes. It was the speech. Not the way Chal and Alma were looking at eachother, How it reminded her of the way she and Azure looked at each other. They would no doubt stay together forever, just the same as well.

When he reached the top, the shetani at least had the decency to look a little embarrassed over his over-reaction when called out by a small child. "Adult things. You wouldn't understand." He tried to assure as his parents made their way up. "Hey Ne'kar! You're about as tall as I am! What have they been feeding you?" Speaking of food, he was rather hungry after that long trip up. But he supposed the ceremony would be first. "Oh! Everyone, this is my girlfriend Flutterby. Flutterby, meet everyone."

Pleasantries were short however, as soon they were called. The ceremony was about to begin. He followed the group out to the seating arrangements, and carefully chose one to the further side of his parents. Good seating, close to them, but not taking the best seats. He actually did it, his crazy dolt of a brother was actually getting married.

Good for him.

Hemi glanced over at flutterby. She was...so pretty. And so kind. And sweet. What did she think about this whole...wedding...thing? With that thought he quickly looked back up front, a grin forming on his face. If it wasn't such an important event, he would totally be thinking up of ways to tease his brother right now.

Well. Maybe just one quick tease after the ceremony. That's what siblings were for after all. Maybe a second one in for Malek, where ever he was. I got you brother. You'd have loved to see this.

wolfs heart

daisicle

evilsilverdragon

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:40 pm
Asrun initially shrugged at his comment, planning on side-stepping the issue for a bit longer, as she kept from making eye-contact. Even she knew it wouldn't be the right time to say 'we'll see' to a suggestion that they act more neighborly, so she was gonna just skip to the next topic altogether. By bringing up Pip, however, she wasn't able to avoid it quite as easily. Reaching up, she awkwardly scratched at her cheek. "Is she now? Well, I reckon I am supposed to come up at some point for, what was it... dinner? Pretty sure I promised her I would some time ago." Obviously that hadn't happened yet. An idea crossed her mind and she smirked in a slightly smug manner. "Don't figure this would could, would it?" She was obviously teasing the idea.

Well, probably.

"Ah, Big Momma, ain't she?" She looked down at the fluffy creature, her mood lightening even without her notice. She'd hardly had time to muse more before a whirlwind of a personality was suddenly very much out and in the open. "Guess she's out," Asrun murmured under her breath, somewhat amused about the endless stores of energy the girl always seemed to have. Honestly, it was like handling a small child in a way - a bit tiring, but also endearing and rewarding. She'd done well to find a mate able to make the best of that. Actually, when had the pair moved here again? Asrun couldn't quite recall.

She watched the ceremony with a look of curiosity as she continued to hold onto Momma - so this is what the land pae'il did when they decided to commit to another for life. How curious.

EvilSilverDragon

Daisicle

Aged Genius

Wolfs Heart

Invisible Wolf

18,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Over Easy 100
  • Sunny Side Up 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2020 3:14 pm
Chal stifled a laugh as Alma began to burst towards him. It might have been a collision if Osha and Corazon hadn't stopped her. Once Alma had slowed down enough that Chal could see her, he relaxed with a blissful smile. "You are amazing." He quickly whispered before Zofie began speaking. How special of a day was it that one of the pae that had brought them together, into staying and settling down here together, was now going to bind their lives together forever. The male gave a proud nod of approval as Alma toned down her yes, he didn't doubt her love for him for a second, and knew that it must have taken a lot of restraint to say that as quietly as she did. He was not going to show the same amount of restraint though. When it was his turn to speak, the normally laid back one pulled back his head to dramatically summon his loudest "YES!!!" A commitment worthy of his new wife.

evilsilverdragon

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces