Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[Big Cat Weyrling Lesson] The Bonding Maze Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
SilverLutz rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 12:39 pm
User Image

Quote:
12. Wow. Air never felt so good. (+1 to getting out of the maze)

On Kat'eel walked, gentle suggestions from Biralath leading him through various openings and up and down the pathways. The bronze was much more sure of himself now that he had the hang of it and it seemed his early mishap was forgotten. Kat gave a little smile as he turned left, following Bira's instructions to the letter.

Yes, yes, oh! Oh I think we're getting close, Biralath said from his perch, no longer laying on his belly looking dejected but standing on all four feet, his tail twitching and wings tucking and untucking against his back in excitement. Just a little further, Kat'eelMine, we're so close!

All right, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Still in the maze, Kat'eel reminded Bira though his dragon's delight was infectious.

Prism Shine rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 1:49 pm
User Image
Nonami and Negoncath

Quote:
5. You are really tempted to take off your blindfold. All this blind walking is starting to get to you. But you know you would have to start over if you did.

There was a brief moment where Nonami was sorely tempted to rip off the blindfold. No ropes around where they could reach, no weyrlings to stumble into. They whined under their breath, if just for a second, feeling unsure--

Hmmm, two steps to your right.

O-okay.. Step, s..step... Rope!

See! You're doing so fantastically, my sweetest, bravest one!

Relief flooded through Nonami, as they ventured forward once more.  

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

SilverLutz rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:01 pm
User Image

Quote:
20. You fell. We told you not to fall

The excitement pouring over into Kat'eel had the bronzerider walking just a bit faster, though it would prove to be his undoing. There was a bit of uneven terrain beneath his feet and he didn't expect the little drop, and before he knew it he was laying face down in the dirt of the maze.

Biralath froze, his excited chatter halting as well, but once he could feel the laughter coming from Kat'eel he relaxed a bit, though he did glance a bit anxiously over at his siblings. Had they seen that? How embarrassing!

"Well then...guess I should walk a little slower," Kat mumbled to himself with a little grin on his face as he pushed himself up, brushing off what he hoped to be the majority of the dirt from his clothes.

SilverLutz rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:04 pm
User Image

Quote:
14. Standing still won’t help you get out. Keep moving!

Are you all right? Biralath asked as he watched Kat'eel dust himself off. His rider lifted his head and even from his perch he could see the dirt on his chin and nose, but he could clearly see the smile that accompanied the dirt.

I'm fine, Bira. Little dirt never hurt no one. Let's keep going, standing around won't get me out of here any faster. Get your bearings, take a look around, and send me on my way.

Biralath gave a little affirmative mental nudge before focusing on the task at hand, eager to get His out of the maze so he didn't have to look foolish or possibly get hurt.

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Prism Shine rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:36 pm
User Image
Nonami and Negoncath

Quote:
9. Moving forward you made another turn without running into anyone. (+1 to getting out of the maze)

With soft, nervous steps, Nonami continued forward. The rope touched their knuckles every so often, but gradually nervous steps continued into more confident ones as they didn't collide with anyone.

I knew you'd be great at this!

Did you just want me to bump into other people?

Maybe. The conspiratorial giggle made Nonami smile.  
Prism Shine rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 9:41 pm
User Image
Nonami and Negoncath

Quote:
7. Maybe…if you go under the rope you just ran into?

O-oh, there's rope there, beloved.. Oh, but the exit is so close to you, on the other side of the rope..

There's a brief thought between Negoncath and Nonami to just.. slide under the rope, to exit the maze and be done. But that would be cheating, and that was no good. With a slight shake of their head, Nonami felt for the corner of the dead end, and turned to continue on.

We'll find the end the right way.
We can do it!  

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

Prism Shine rolled 1 20-sided dice: 17 Total: 17 (1-20)

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2019 10:36 pm
User Image
Nonami and Negoncath

Quote:
17. Is your dragon having fun running you into the ropes?

Bump, rope.

Bump --- more rope.

Nonami felt the brush of a weyrling next to them, and in side stepping away --- more rope.

Oops. Oh -- whoops. A left -- no... There's a mild frustration from Negoncath behind the soft, mental laughter. She was trying, even if she can't seem to get directions out right. Nonami took a breath and smiled to themself, taking slower steps to help Negoncath to get on top of her directions.

Okay... Left!  
SilverLutz rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:56 am
User Image

Quote:
3. You take a step forward expecting to run into something and instead find air only. You made the correct choice. (+1 to getting out of the maze)

Sorry, sorry, just planning it out.

Kat'eel waited a bit longer before Biralath started to give him instructions. Each one was more and more confident and delighted and Kat could feel from the rising elation coming from his dragon that they were getting close to the exit. Three more steps forward and he heard a triumphant (if slightly warbly) trumpet from above and to his left which drew a little laugh from him as well.

We've done it! Oh, Mine, we did it after all! Ha!

I knew you'd do great. Just had to put the shaky start behind us, Kat'eel said as he reached up to pull off his blindfold, the grin still wide and proud on his face. Even though Bira had been so disheartened by their start he'd managed to pull it together to make a rather impressive performance. He could see the bronze hopping up and down on his perch, clearly delighted with the way things had ended up.

Careful up there, wouldn't want our good showing to end with a trip to the healer's because of a fall, Kat warned Biralath who quickly settled down again, though he was practically glowing with pride. The bronzerider shook his head in amusement and turned to face the maze, ready to offer encouragement (but not help, that was for the riders and their partners!) to his fellow weyrlings.

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

tatterpixie rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:35 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quote:
10. Your dragon tells you to turn right. You go left. Oops.

With a determined sigh, Sorsha stepped into the maze. Okay, Leoth, guide me. Which way should I go?

Up on the ledge, Leoth looked down at the maze, analyzing the best way out. Go right, my beloved. Turn now.

Sorsha nodded -- and promptly turned left.

No no no, the young gold shook her head. I said right, not left. You must listen to me!

"Oh- oops." Sorsha could feel herself turn red with embarrassment. Who was supposed to be helping who to focus?  
tatterpixie rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 4:57 pm

Quote:
20. You fell. We told you not to fall.

Once Sorsha got herself turned in the right direction, she started off again, filled with confidence that she and Leoth would get her through the maze successfully. This was all about working as a team, after all!

So confident was she that she pulled her hands in and walked as if she didn't have the blindfold on. Big mistake. She got maybe a few steps before she over-corrected and tripped over her own feet, falling to the ground with a surprised squeak.

Mine... Didn't I request that you pay attention? Leoth's tone was almost scolding.

Grumbling, Sorsha got to her feet. "I know, I know..."  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

tatterpixie rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:06 pm

Quote:
5. You are really tempted to take off your blindfold. All this blind walking is starting to get to you. But you know you would have to start over if you did.

The deeper Sorsha got into the maze, the dizzier she was getting. Leoth's directions weren't always correct, and more than once she found herself in a dead end. The temptation was great to peek out from under her blindfold to at least get her bearings and stop her head from reeling. She would get in SUCH trouble, though, and she didn't want that to happen. That wasn't how a goldrider was supposed to behave!  
tatterpixie rolled 1 20-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:10 pm

Quote:
6. Woohoo! That turn was perfectly done. (+1 to getting out of the maze)

Now, take three steps, then turn left, Leoth directed her rider, keeping her tone steady yet firm. Sorsha nodded and did precisely that, thus avoiding a turn into a part of the maze that would have had her roundly lost. Well done, Mine! Very well done indeed! The young queen's hearts swelled with pride. This was going to be easy going the rest of the way!  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

tatterpixie rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:18 pm

Quote:
3. You take a step forward expecting to run into something and instead find air only. You made the correct choice. (+1 to getting out of the maze)

Leoth's confidence flowed into Sorsha's mind; she was certain they'd get through the maze in record time! Taking another step forward, though, she felt as if she'd end up running into someone or something else. But Leoth didn't give her any warnings, and as her foot touched nothing except the solid ground she gave a tiny relieved sigh. They were going to do it!  
tatterpixie rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:23 pm

Quote:

One... two... three more steps. That was all it took. You did it, Mine! WE did it! I knew we were a glorious team, and we proved it! Leoth bugled triumphantly, letting the world know that she and Hers were the best team ever!

Whipping off the blindfold at last, Sorcha blinked, then looked back at the maze. "Wow... We did it!" she whooped, jumping into the air. Then, remembering that the Weyrlingmaster was watching, she quickly reined in her exuberance and went to stand with the other Weyrlings who had completed the challenge. She couldn't quite hide her triumphant grin, though.  

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

demon_pachabel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:27 pm
Aryale and Yaguareth

Quote:
By the end of this you are going to have bruises or rope burns or both.
Progress: +1

Aryale wished she could center herself, even as Yaguareth did her best to not lead the young woman into any dead ends. There was really only so much the dragon could do to lead her in the right direction, but-

Ow! Ooh! That's gonna leave a mark! Aryale rubbed her elbow where it had rubbed along the rope, though the minor injury didn't seem to concern Yaguareth. Not because the dragon didn't care. Simply, Yaguareth knew that Aryale was fine - no rope would be taking her down!  
[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff