Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 2:16 pm
Dimeti ( cool

"Plus it's been recently cleaned. The other weyrs will require times again as much work as this one. I'm sure everyone wants to go home, but this poor lot haven't the numbers to do it." He sighed, shrugging. "Ah, well. I guess we're helping with that, then. Us and Julith and all those candies looking for a whelp of their own."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:59 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

S'var 9

"Very true, I hadn't considered that angle," S'var acknowledged freely with a slight nod. "It might not be a bad idea to keep this place populated from now on, even if it's only sparsely." Personally he would prefer to go to Fort to escape the heat of the desert but if he was needed more here then here he would stay.

After a moment S'var sighed slightly and continued; "With luck Julith's good health during her gestation will give the hatchlings an edge against the illness. It would be a tragedy for candidates to Impress, only to lose the new bond." Some of his grandchildren might well be standing for this clutch, he didn't even want to think of losing one of them too.  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2019 5:25 pm
Dimeti 9
TawnyAngel

Dimeti nodded. He had considered that possibility. If the illness could sweept them, after all, it could CERTAINLY hit a vulnerable batch of hatchlings. If the goal was to keep the illness away, this clutch might never move back to fort. Otherwise... It may be better to expose them soon so their systems can learn to fight back. Of course, even as catty as Dimeti could be... That needed not be said. "I fear it may be a sad day coming, but cannot tell when that might be."  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2019 12:07 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

S'var 10

"Indeed." S'var looked into his wine cup for a moment and then took a slow sip before setting it back on the little table beside him. "With that said however, great things are seldom done without risk, without a cost. We all knew the odds coming here and the candidates who come to stand for Julith's eggs will be aware that they're unlikely to be completely immune. Those young people will come here believing, as we believe, that stepping forward in the North's hour of need is more important than their personal safety." Very noble, but he still hoped that he wouldn't see anyone he knew well on the sands and if that made him a hypocrite then he was a hypocrite.  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:28 am
Dimeti 10
TawnyAngel

Dimeti nodded. The danger was more of a nuisance to him than a threat; the chance he and Giligelith wouldn't survive, and constantly being reminded of it? Bah, he could do without. The chance others also suffered? ... Well, that may be a different matter. Didn't affect him as heavily, but still wasn't something he hoped to see. After all, less tail to chase. "What's important is that we have those willing to step forward, then. It's one hell of a chance, but..." He reached out to Giligelith as he thought of her, just for that comforting touch. "It will be so very worth it for those who survive."  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2019 1:32 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

S'var 11

"Truer words were never spoken," S'var agreed, smiling softly as he reached out to touch Nemanath's dozing mind - they'd had quite the journey together and if they were very lucky it would go on for a couple of decades yet.

"And who knows," he continued with a chuckle as a thought occurred to him, "we may live long enough to see Harpers turn all of this into great songs, or even a great book. A hundred turns from now somebody might sit here in this room reading about the journey we made, the difference Julith's clutch made, and how the Northern Weyrs rebuilt in time to face down the Thread."  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 9:00 am
Dimeti 11
TawnyAngel

Dimeti couldn't help but grin at the idea. Songs and books about him!? ... Well, about Julith, but with him in them? Everyone would know who the real star was, anyways! Yes, that did sound fantastic. "Well, we can hope, but I'm going to plan for it." He wasn't sure how, but he would certainly find a way. His own mind danced over to Giligelith's and shared the prospect with her drowzy brain, to which she replied simply that she was sleeping, but it sounded fun.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 07, 2019 12:01 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

S'var 12

Optimism didn't hurt in the least, he was trying to be optimistic himself but knowing the odds as he did made it difficult at times. Nevertheless S'var smiled and topped up his cup of wine from a small jug before proffering it to Dimeti; "Very rude of me not to offer you a cup before. Other than appearing as a hero in a great book, what other plans have you made for the future? Are you hoping to end up in a particular Weyr? A particular role?"  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:03 am
TawnyAngel

Dimeti 12

He snickered. "A bed warmed often by other bodies, a good cup of wine with a friend every night," He accepted S'var's cup and took a healthy sip with a flourishing bow. "And then, living long enough to show this magical, mystical 'thread' who's the real boss around here. For there is at least one green who yet will flame in the north!" He raised the glass to toast his sleepy other half, oblivious to the gesture as she was, and downed the wine with glee before handing S'var his cup back.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:54 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

S'var 13

Perhaps he should have expected that; S'var quirked a slight smile and nodded. "I doubt Nemanath and I will still be flying with the main wings by the time Thread returns but we mean to give it a piece of our minds too along with the other Veterans. I do wonder what they'll do about all the greens who don't flame - flamethrowers aren't as effective as dragonfire, and they'll be cumbersome for small dragons - but there's ample time to consider that yet." With luck a gold would be laid and then greens could chew firestone once more. What if some didn't want to though? Would they be offered a choice? "I wonder, if we do see a gold from Julith's clutch, if the Weyrleaders will still want greens to clutch - in the short term is would make sense but long term? Now that we know it's possible there might be some who would resent not being given a choice in the matter."  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Sat Aug 10, 2019 4:03 pm
TawnyAngel

Dimeti 13

"Mm. Problems for the weyrleaders of then, I suppose. I'm still curious if a gold being born - and surviving - would overthrow the leadership examples back to what they used to be. It seems odd to have a green rider running the weyr, but they have proven they're not incapable, I suppose." He shrugged, still too used to the old leadership ways to fuss about being 'polite' in private company. "For what we survive, there will plenty of new discoveries, so... if you want to see them, I guess we'd best not fall to some shell-broken plague, hmm?"  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 15, 2019 2:02 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

S'var 14

"A greenrider?" S'var's eyebrows rose slightly in surprise and he scratched his jaw. "I don't think there's been any talk of that, has there been gossip I've missed? As far as I knew D'lana and W'dol intended to run Fort without input from the new breeding greens... It wouldn't surprise me if they did select one of them though in order to conform with tradition somewhat, the first to rise I suppose. A gold shelled though, well, who can say what might happen in times like these. And indeed," S'var raised his cup and smiled slightly; "to survival."  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 3:04 am
Dimeti 14
TawnyAngel

Dimeti grinned and raised his own glass. "A toast I can share!" he purred, enjoying S'var's way with words. "I feel I've missed out, not having met you sooner. You are great fun to speak with and listen to, and such a dedicated ear about it."

(I'm sorry it's short, I'm tired and depressed rn)  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2019 2:19 pm
Ruhane Chiisai

S'var 15

The flattery got a slight chuckle out of S'var and a slight smile too, Dimeti sounded sincere and who didn't like a compliment? "Likewise," he replied honestly, "meeting all of you has been a breath of fresh air so far, and for all its dangers so has coming here. I felt stifled at Monaco Bay, if this opportunity hadn't come up I'm not sure what I would have done with the rest of my life." A comfortable but dull future with no prospect of ever seeing his family again, it wouldn't have suited him at all.

((No worries, take your time! Hope things improve for you soon. <3 ))  

TawnyAngel
Crew

Predestined Inquisitor

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Thu Aug 29, 2019 8:34 pm
Dimeti 15
TawnyAngel

Dimeti snickered softly. "Oh, give me time. I may be fantastic, but people get tired of that after a while." He shrugged. "Rotted away in a life of comfort, never wanting for women, wine, or food, and possessing all day to get nowhere?" Dimeti couldn't help remembering most of that fondly, not that he'd had all day to get nowherea t any time. "Eh, maybe you'd have taken up whittling. I think this might be more fun, though."  
Other Territories

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff