Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2017 6:55 am
"I... I see."

Yeah, Nahori knew it. How could she not? Her lusus, the one charged with caring for her as she grew through her most impressionable sweeps, had drilled into her over and over that her life was nothing but a stepping stone. What she was meant for was servitude, was making things easier for highbloods. That was the only way she'd achieve anything. Being a good, subservient lowblood was all she was good for.

Was it bad she wished for more? In the end had she only set herself up for the same life her lusus had by joining the military? Orangebloods, lowbloods... they couldn't really rise above rung by rung, rank by rank, could they?

"It scares me," she admitted, hands held awkwardly in front of her like she wanted to take Trusci's, but didn't know how. "I dunno if it's possible to... ever not be expendable."

She smiled and it was sad. "But I don't know what else to do..."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 4:38 pm
    "Ain't much you can do alone, Gold." Trusci sniffed, the venom draining out of her face. She looked a little wistful, actually, in a melancholy sort of way. "Play their game, I guess. You might be able to weasel out something comfortable, get a cushy rank. Nothin' too high that a highblood'll spit on you, nothing too low that a highblood'll spit on you." She grinned sardonically; see, Nahori? Lose lose situation, unfortunately.

"Sorry, ain't tryin' to criticize you." Trusci adjusted her bandanna, "Just don't wanna see you ripped up and left for fodder, y'know? But I guess it's too late now..." She looked to the sky, beyond the stars to the invisible ships lingering out there.

saedusk

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 5:38 pm
"Maybe..." Nahori said, because Trusci was right about it being too late, but it was hard to admit that outright. What would truly happen was still left to be seen, at least. It would be sweeps in the making. Well, if she lasted that long. "I'm going to... try to become someone that I can be happy with. If nothing else."

Following the yellowblood's lead, she looked up to the sky, her eyes out of focus, the light of the stars a blurry blanket in the distance.

"Whatever happens I... I hope we can always be friends."

Melancholies

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:29 pm
    Trusci looked wistful--almost sentimental really--as Nahori spoke. "Do what you gotta do, I guess." And then she seemed to shiver with a chill (the air honestly wasn't that cold), but the yellowblood found herself stuffing her hands into her pockets regardless. "But y'know... for the record."

She came back down to Alternia, so to speak, as she regarded Nahori again, "I hope so too bud. Just don't get yourself killed out there, alright? And try to keep in better touch! Geeze..." She rolled her eyes, "Running off, joinin' up with the military without tellin' no one..." Trusci could still be a good friend. There wasn't anything inherently driving them apart yet.

But Trusci knew better than to be naive about that fact.

"'Nyway, don't let me keep you from your duties or whatever." She shrugged, her shoulders rising and slumping with a full body motion.

saedusk

Melancholies

Springtime Teenager

saedusk
Crew

Dedicated Bunny

PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2017 6:41 pm
"I will," she said, her own attention back on Alternia, "I'll write. I like getting letters, so... you'll write me back, won't you? Sorry I didn't keep in touch..." Sometimes there were trolls you couldn't always meet face to face. Sometimes a kind word was the next best thing.

Sometimes kind words were a little rough around the edges, too. Don't die, as blunt as it was, felt kind to Nahori.

"You're... you're right, though. I should get back." There was a slight hesitation, but with a deep breath she threw her arms around Trusci for one more hug before pulling away to return to base. "Talk to you soon," she said with a smile and then she was gone.

Melancholies
nahori out!!

Alternia RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas