Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ladykayra
Captain

Jaded Archivist

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:06 pm
I have no idea why I quoted myself instead of editing...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:55 am
User Image

User Image

lapin

Normal Poster

ladykayra
Captain

Jaded Archivist

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:44 pm
Lapinne
User Image

User Image

That's super cool! What a neat thing to do with this list and definitely not something I ever thought of. Thank you for sharing  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:47 pm
DarkRybrin

Le also summon a cute ram  

ladykayra
Captain

Jaded Archivist

DarkRybrin

Loving Ram

76,800 Points
  • Wandering Ram 500
  • Champion 300
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:50 pm
ladykayra
DarkRybrin

I do love being summoned, though...I'm not cute. Never that. I'll take a looksee. Anything you want to discuss in particular right now?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:53 pm
DarkRybrin
ladykayra
DarkRybrin

I do love being summoned, though...I'm not cute. Never that. I'll take a looksee. Anything you want to discuss in particular right now?

You should have a second quote for the schemes list which I just edited with some actual info. For this I think I need to recheck some colors and see if some colors may in fact be close enough to call the same

I guess just see if anything looks off to you and if you have creative names for any colors so that I don't have 1000 blues just called blue that'd be cool. All these projects are at leasure  

ladykayra
Captain

Jaded Archivist

DarkRybrin

Loving Ram

76,800 Points
  • Wandering Ram 500
  • Champion 300
  • Wing Mastery 100
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:59 pm
ladykayra

You should have a second quote for the schemes list which I just edited with some actual info. For this I think I need to recheck some colors and see if some colors may in fact be close enough to call the same

I guess just see if anything looks off to you and if you have creative names for any colors so that I don't have 1000 blues just called blue that'd be cool. All these projects are at leasure

So, go for clarification of what each color is? I notice for like your greens category, you just put the scheme containing the green, followed by green at times. Is there a reason you've chosen not to do that with some blues and reds? Or is it because that might get confusing, and you want more unique identifiers? Either way is fine, I'm just trying to understand what you want best. If you're trying to avoid 'name green' and just want 'name', or if the 'name green' format is actually preferred.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:11 pm
DarkRybrin
ladykayra

So, go for clarification of what each color is? I notice for like your greens category, you just put the scheme containing the green, followed by green at times. Is there a reason you've chosen not to do that with some blues and reds? Or is it because that might get confusing, and you want more unique identifiers? Either way is fine, I'm just trying to understand what you want best. If you're trying to avoid 'name green' and just want 'name', or if the 'name green' format is actually preferred.

So I consider colors named this this okay:
Angelic Blue (Dark)
Angelic Blue (Light)
If there are only a few variants it's not the worst thing. The variants generally have to be close though, as such it's usually just denoting a light and dark version

This here makes me sad:
Blue
Blue
Blue
Blue
Blue
Blue
It would be nice if they could have more unique names instead of having to rely on what scheme they come from in naming. Like how (most) of the official blues have different names. Granted I know that's a super tall order, and also me naming people's custom colors, but it would be kinda nice. The <> symbols are kinda gross to code. However, if you think it doesn't make sense to try naming colors I am also okay with that. At which point I just need some help with whether the color hexs seem okay or out of sorts  

ladykayra
Captain

Jaded Archivist

zahhax
Vice Captain

Ace Garbage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:32 am
i feel like this really desperately needs updating  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 8:38 am
zahhax

It does. Both in going back through and re-color picking everything and in getting the new colors that have come out. Plus I want to add the values for shading and highlights because have just the base color isn't very accurate anymore  

ladykayra
Captain

Jaded Archivist

zahhax
Vice Captain

Ace Garbage

PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:25 am
ladykayra
zahhax

It does. Both in going back through and re-color picking everything and in getting the new colors that have come out. Plus I want to add the values for shading and highlights because have just the base color isn't very accurate anymore

it seems like almost every color is hue shifted now! like every color is defined by 3 or more colors in one
i've found myself cutting corners when mocking just because my gradient maps are outdated.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 25, 2019 9:41 am
zahhax
ladykayra
zahhax

it seems like almost every color is hue shifted now! like every color is defined by 3 or more colors in one
i've found myself cutting corners when mocking just because my gradient maps are outdated.

Shading with a different color instead of just a darker color does seem to have become more popular  

ladykayra
Captain

Jaded Archivist

Zeetheus

Crew

Luminous Connoisseur

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 6:15 pm
ladykayra
Bamp, and I see that you are moving the color guide back to the guild.

I've started grabbing dual color swatches for the color formatting in the guide comp thread. Not done yet, but almost there. I went through a ton of hairs to grab some of the popular colors so those should be very consistent as I picked from similar locations.

If it's from a small scheme or isn't available in a semi-recent hair, there were some liberties taken to grab similar shades. In particular I want to adjust Liseran and Mulberry before I go through the pinks. Feel free to grab as many codes as you like though.  
PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 7:17 pm
Zeetheus
ladykayra
Bamp, and I see that you are moving the color guide back to the guild.

I've started grabbing dual color swatches for the color formatting in the guide comp thread. Not done yet, but almost there. I went through a ton of hairs to grab some of the popular colors so those should be very consistent as I picked from similar locations.

If it's from a small scheme or isn't available in a semi-recent hair, there were some liberties taken to grab similar shades. In particular I want to adjust Liseran and Mulberry before I go through the pinks. Feel free to grab as many codes as you like though.

I love you Zeethus! I'm sorry that even though hexes were my project you had to do so many of them!

Hopefully it's here more, temporarily, but it's so out of date right now. Once I get it and the schemes guide updated better I think I'll recreate the thread, with better planning, using the color mule  

ladykayra
Captain

Jaded Archivist

Zeetheus

Crew

Luminous Connoisseur

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:55 am
ladykayra
(Bold) Mulberry Purple #532841 (██) []
Mulberry Purple #84639f (██)
A quick note about the mulberrys:

After looking through all the Fafnirs for maybe the fourth time while putting the grand guide together, I noticed the distinction between light/dark (used in icy/bold respectively) is a lot like the difference between sorbet and dark sorbet, or ghastly and warm ghastly, which is that sometimes the item uses both of the colors within the same color area. For example Greedy Fafnir is mostly dark, but uses the lighter mulberry as a highlight. So I compromised and my (current) color swatch for mulberry grabbed the light color from an "icy fafnir" item and the darker from a "bold/dusky fafnir" item (yes, I have created a 4th Fafnir distinction, because there were 2 types of Old Fafnirs that weren't similar at all).

Late reply but no worries about the color swatches, I honestly would have done it for the color scheme guide anyways.  
Guides

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff