Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] High Reaches Weyr
[ORP] A Spread for the Deck: The Tarot Clutch Feast Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:30 am
R'am got here late, like he did everything but the touching, it seems. Well, he didn't know what to wear to something like this. He wore basically a clean, pressed set of robes with very little accessories. No alcohol, and he knew for a fact new weyrlings couldn't actually do more than flirt lightly with anyone. So in his head there was no need to impress anyone other than his little Lemath.

Speaking of, as soon as she saw the tables, she tried to skitter off ahead of him and out of his sight.

Lemath, he said firmly but gently to her. Lemath, you have to stay by me right now. It's not the time! Stay in my sight.

He heard her make a snorting, warbling sound and turned to look at him like he'd done her wrong.

But Mine! I just want to see everyone! I'm so excited! She did come back to him though, curling herself around his legs before he reached down and pet over her head. Lemath hummed her pleasure out.

"Let's go get some food first. We'll socialize after." With that, he set out for an empty spot at one of the tables and grinned. Lemath hopped up with him and headbutt his chin, her wings twitching and flaring in delight at all the delicious smells.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 11:35 am
Though her stomach was rumbling (stop that please no one needs to hear that), Nadry did dearly want to find her friends and acquaintances from the Sands, but of the latter she saw no trace yet. Perhaps they were reluctant to come to the party, and she wouldn't blame them if so. If she had been left alone out there, after everything...

But you were not. You are Mine, and we will do great things together. After you eat? I know you want to see your friends, but I can feel how hungry you are.

Oh, I'm so sorry! Of course! She eyed the bubbly pies hungrily, but years of do this not that had, among many other things, firmly planted the idea of order of courses in her mind, and she hesitated.

Does it matter? If that's what you're hungry for, you should have it.

I...it just does. If there were no one else around, perhaps she would have filled her plate with bubbly pies, but despite everything that had changed today, appearances were not a concern she could discard. While most of the attention would likely fall on those bonded to metallics, she and Menankith were something of an oddity, and there could well be eyes on them...ready to disapprove, if not already disapproving. They could not afford to let a fault slip.

The young woman carefully pieced together a plate of this and that, not too much of any one thing, and when she had finished regarded it with some disappointment. It didn't look like nearly enough for how ravenously hungry she was. Maybe...maybe later she could come back for more. Yes. But she took a bubbly pie now, scooting cheeses out of the way to make room for it on her plate. Food and spiced klah in hand, she made her way to a seat. She spotted Ichta and Aurinkoth and flashed a smile, but the other girl was already speaking to someone and she wouldn't interrupt.

Nadry settled herself and began to nibble delicately at her selections. Even if she was hungry enough to inhale them.

Menankith settled beside her, a comforting weight against her legs, and watched. He looked forward to speaking with certain of his clutchmates, but that could wait until His was properly fed and satisfied.

demon_pachabel
insignificant smile quote hello

Meepfur
Crew

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 4:43 pm
Strawberri Stardust

Basanuth sat straight and alert at R'gan's side throughout the weyrlingmaster's speech and introduction. Though he had a feeling the two of them were destined to stir up trouble in the futurre, for now Basanuth was blessedly well behaved. He'd napped a little after the hatching and was now a bit more alert, but he still just sat there at his rider's side, perfectly patient. R'gan looked at him, half expecting him to take off running like so many of his siblings. Was he okay though? This wasn't abnormal, was it? "You.. good?" he asked, hesitantly.
I am well, yes.
Excited?
Basanuth's mind and eyes shifted from content to doggedly determined. I am excited for lessons to start tomorrow.
"And the feast?" R'gan laughed.
I supposed that's alright too. he said affably. But, no. If it were entirely up to him, he would rather get a head start on their training.

You know, Bas, if you weren't a blue, I think you'd be our werlingmaster's favourite dragon. R'gan chuckled as they began to move down into the hall.
Why should that matter? Basanuth asked, following close by his side.
It doesn't to me, but I've heard V'mel is a sucker for that stuff. R'gan had lived in the Weyr all his life, and knew its leadership pretty well, by reputation at least. And V'mel was about as hard-line traditional as they come.
Basanuth's wings fanned slightly in agitation, but his voice was calm and determined, without sounding angry. Don't worry, Mine. We will show him. We will show them all.

Before he could say more, Basanuth's head suddenly turned, pinpointing a woman in the crowd, even as R'gan was scanning them someone he knew. Turning his head to where the dragon was looking, he spotted Ristia in the crowd and once and waved. He walked over to her with a shy smile. "Another blue. Guess it's genetic, huh?" he said, unable to hide the pride in his voice, for both his dragon and his mother.
Thank you, Naeth. We blues know how to pick the best, don't we? he rumbled happily.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:47 pm
Taysen's stomach growled like dragon's as he took a look at the spread set out for the celebration. His attention on the food, the young thief was not as aware as he should be of who could be lurking. Young enough to be arrogant, Taysen hadn't even conceived that the man who had nearly caught him before might yet catch him at the feast. Instead, he was intent on filling his plate and then his stomach. And then probably getting as far away from High Reaches as he could in one night.

Grabbing himself a plate, Taysen piled it high with a little bit of everything except the roasted herdbeast. That was piled onto a second plate that he somehow managed to juggle in one hand while snitching a bottle of wine. Satisfied that he could relax and eat he began to look for a table. Something in a corner, where he could sit with his back to a wall. Or at least somewhere there wouldn't be many people at his back. Past experiences had made that a Thing for him. There was no one he trusted enough to have them at his back in any situation.

Spotting a table across the way, Taysen began making his way there. Until he caught sight of the man from before. "Shards!" he cursed under his breath and fumbled with his cowl to pull it over the lower half of his face. Maybe he could still make it to the table without being seen, if he angled his face away from the man...
Andranis

Eleusith warbled as he turned to find his father on the edge of the party. Thank you! he exclaimed, waves of happiness and contentment in his mental voice.
Nilah44

Ristia laughed softly and nodded as she pulled him into a quick hug. "Seems that way," she chuckled. "I'm so proud of you, R'gan." Her smile was wide, and her voice full of the happiness she felt for him and his dragon. "Naeth is, too." Aren't you, love?

We do at that, the big blue answered the smaller with a quiet laugh. Naeth hummed softly and projected to his rider as well as her son and Basanuth. Of course I am. The weyr can never have enough blues, in my opinion.  

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:59 pm
With careful balance, Jacomus ate what was on his plate. He remained mindful of anybody who would pick him out of the crowd, even as a drudge skirting duties given his dreadful appearance, when he spied- Ah, there he was.

A weight settled on first one shoulder, then the other. With a shift of the bottle under his arm so he could balance the plate in one hand, he offered some beat first to a blue firelizard on his left and then a green on his right. "Evening, you Fish, Marsh, where have you been?" His head was filled with various images, namely shiny things waiting back in their weyr-away-from-a-Weyr. He scratched their chins, smiling. "Good lad and lass. But I have a job for you, while I eat. I need you to keep track of somebody, make sure I can find them again as soon as I'm done eating. No good catching a thief on an empty stomach, eh?"

Fish, the blue firelizard, whistled and hummed, his eyes whirling multiple colors as everything was conveyed to him in images. Red was among them. He soon took to the air, chittering and whistling as he looked and- There! While Marsh remained at Jacomus' shoulder, begging more food off him, Fish dove for the target's plate.

Back at the wall, Jacomus simply ate, preparing to enjoy the show.

Strawberri Stardust

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:43 pm
Taysen had somehow managed to get to the table he'd had in his sights but before he could sit down and begin to eat he was attacked. "By the Egg!" he exclaimed as a blue firelizard knocked the precariously held plates out of his hand. "Didn't your owner teach you any manners?" he asked the creature with a scowl as he rubbed his wrist and mourned the loss of food.

Now he'd have to go back to the feast table for more. For a moment he wondered if it was worth risking detection, and decided that yes. Yes it was. That roasted herdbeast had smelled mouth-wateringly delicious and he was going to have at least a little bit of it before he left. "I hope you enjoy it, brat," he huffed at the mini blue.

Andranis

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25

Teiha

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 6:56 pm
Lenix had not slept much between the hatch and the feast; his thoughts were too numerous. Mostly, they were for Kratoth, and for Karone. He couldn’t understand why he had impressed, and his cousin had not. It didn’t seem to make any sense. His new quarters in the weyrling barracks felt strange… empty and uncomfortable. He would have been utterly miserable but for the newfound joy in his bond with Kratoth.

Kratoth had lain asleep with his wedge-shaped head tucked between Lenix’s forearm and stomach for several hours, but finally woke shortly before the feast was to start. Le’x? The brown, drowsy from his nap, sluggishly pronounced Lenix’s name, markedly leaving out an entire syllable. It sounded like a nice way to shorten it, he thought.

Along with the other weyrlings, the boy and his brown dragon entered the hall. Le’x, simply dressed in a white shirt, dark red vest and black slacks, looked around for Karone, but couldn’t see him anywhere. Kratoth felt his pang of fear and gave a low creel, his eyes yellowing. Le’x comforted the hatchling, cupping Kratoth’s head and pressing it against his own hip in a gentle hug of sorts. Sorry, I didn’t mean to worry you. It’s all right, really. He’ll show up. He was glad to see the brown’s eyes slip back into a content green, but surprised that Kratoth seemed to know exactly who he was talking about. It was going to take some getting used to, this sharing of his mind with another.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:27 pm
-_Wish of Tevarae_-
((I'm sort of pretending their little sister is there,
but quiet. Or had been dragged off by friends already or something. Idek.
LOL I need to write her up so I can plaaaay her.

Alusia was in shock. Not one, but two of her children had Impressed, and at the very same Hatching. Shock and surprise were an understatement, and the blonde haired woman hadn't been sure how to process it. While she had always hoped that her her children might succeed where she had failed, she never would have guessed it would have been within an hour of one another! Cahlusi with a fine blue, and Alumet a lovely gold.

While the woman did not necessarily always agree with the Weyr's hierarchy or politics, she also wasn't unaware of the importance of her daughters new position. Her Alumet was High Reaches newest junior weyrwoman, and might even someday rise higher in rank. She was now elevated to a position that Alusia could only have dreamed of, and maybe at one point in her life she had. Honestly, Alusia was struck speechless. She had been congratulated many times between the Hatching and the opening of the Feast, as if she'd had something to do with the whole affair, and she was surprised by how quickly the Weyr had forgotten she was but a kitchen drudge. She had also been surprised by how many had seemed to forget that her son had also Impressed, though she was grateful to those who had remembered.

Ah, the woman herself did not wish to favor one over the other, and hoped that she could properly coo over both her children for their accomplishment... and maybe be introduced to their dragons.

Alusia had taken time to change between the Hatching and the Feast. She was far too fashionable to exhaust the same outfit on such an important occasion, and instead had tried to find an appropriate outfit. This time she chose an outfit that would be easy to move in, with heels that were more than fit for dancing. She chose a white dress that would be perfect for dancing, but also one that might encourage a stranger's eye to linger. It couldn't be helped -- Alusia was not shy, nor was she planning to become conservative with age. She would be proud of her body no matter her age, or the occasion; an if any of the stuffy Hold folk had anything to say about it, they could do so directly to her face.

She sat at a table and watched with eagerness as V'mel introduced the weyrling class. She cheered along with the others, and tried to pick out her children through the crowd. She caught Alumet's eye first, and stood up, wanting desperately to see her, but unwillingly to demand. There was an entire Weyr that the girl would want to see, other friends, lovers, new people of rank, that she might wish to see first. Her mother could and would wait as needed. But oh, how it warmed her heart that Alumet might come find her first.

Her beautiful, most precious baby-girl.

Masterharper
Vice Captain

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:33 pm

A single moment had changed the entire course of Dr'stan's life. His future had seemed so certain, so sure. He would be a dragonhealer for the rest of his life, and perhaps one day walk the tables and become a master. He'd...

That was gone, wiped away, as though only scribbles on a sand table. He would never, ever be alone again. Sweet Cynosuth would not allow that, could not exist without him. It shattered him from the inside out, touching all of those places that he'd closed off, that he'd promised himself he'd never let see the light of day. He'd given all that up. He'd resigned himself to never quite feeling complete. He'd resigned himself to being the tagalong, the nonrider among those he worked with in High Reaches Weyr.

Never again. But you were never alone, Cynosuth reminded him, and he felt ashamed of himself for ever thinking it. No. Not alone. I didn't have you, but I wasn't ever truly alone. Between H'sad and Cinonth, he'd never had a moment in which he could say that he had been alone. But it was a different feeling. Not better, but different in some undefinable way.

He is a good man, and he loves you. True enough, though Dr'stan didn't know how the little Green could possibly know what love was. I love you, do I not? I know love. She knew love by loving Dr'stan, and loving her brothers and dear sisters. How could she not be full of love? Hello, Aurinkoth! Hello Elzebuth! Hello Menankith! Hello Monath! Hello Kratoth! Hello Zenobiath! Hello Aresoth! Hello Eleusith! Hello Veledath! Hello Begath! Hello Basanuth! Hello Xochith! Hello Macuith! Hello Lemath! Hello Varionnith! Hello Thanoth! the little Green's voice came quietly, greeting her brothers and sisters, letting them know with soft bursts of adoration that they, too, were loved.

Hello, Mother. Hello, Father. For how could the tiny Green forget who had shelled them? Mother had been so kind, too, in aiding her as she searched. She felt a gentle affection from her rider, and her confidence grew ever so slightly, so that she could peek out from behind Dr'stan's leg, and perhaps pad toward where her siblings had gathered. They had heard V'mel's speech, and no one need worry about any breaking of rules. Cynosuth had waited so patiently for Dr'stan to dress, unaware of the importance of his wearing clothing gifted to him by his weyrmate.

Dr'stan reached down to pat Cynosuth as she attempted to navigate her way through the crowd. That was when he caught sight of young Aurinkoth... in the process of eating a piece of fruit. Oh dear. Well, there would undoubtedly be one young dragonet with an upset stomach. The baby surely didn't know any better, but his rider? Maybe Ichta wasn't aware that dragonets needed to be fed only meat for the first stretch of their young lives. In reality, they ought not to eat anything else, but he'd heard stories. Oh gracious.

Cinonth? Cynosuth tried, testing the waters. Was he about? She remembered that he had been very kind, and His was terribly important to Hers. But where was he?

demon_pachabel
Tsunake
Meepfur
Dea and #Teddy#
Teiha
-_Wish of Tevarae_-
BastetAmun
Strawberri Stardust
Melomar
magnadearel
DruidTigress
Revel1984
Masterharper
Peppermint Coffee
ChaosTheories
ShinosBee
Nilah44

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:40 pm
Fish blinked at Taysen, shoving more meat into his mouth. With a whistle, he jumped from the table, going between before appearing right beside the boy. With a chirp, he settled on his shoulder, tail moving to wrap around Taysen's neck.

And then Marsh appeared, circling above his head with chirrups and whistles loud enough to disturb anybody close by. Her own eyes whirled many shades of red as she seemed to scold Taysen, watching his every move.

At the wall, Jacomus smiled. His dear little pets had certainly paid off, between the pilfered marks back at home and finding this boy who dared steal from him. He pushed away from the wall, leaving his half-empty plate on a table. The wine he held onto, intent to take it home. A few people he passed turned their noses up at him, likely lords and ladies who'd never known life without a bath or laundry, and made a straight line for where his dear little green was circling. That boy was his.

Strawberri Stardust

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:06 pm
Teiha
Because... worried creels.

Fated Fable
Because hello!

C'lusi & Macuith

C'lusi had been one of the last to arrive and had almost been late. Not that anyone could really blame him, could they? This wasn't just any Hatching Feast, after all, and was the only one he'd get where Macuith and he (and the other weyrlings too, he supposed) were the stars. If ever there was a time for fashion and looking his absolute best, today was the day! Besides, half of his clothes were completely out of the question. He had to look good without dripping sex, and that wasn't going to be easy.

But he would be all right. C'lusi knew well what the limits of being a weyrling entailed, and he wouldn't do anything to harm his beloved blue. But that didn't mean he couldn't still be indecisive on what might look best. "This one fits me best," he told the attentive dragon, who seemed to agree. "But this one compliments your colors beautifully." Honestly, it was quite a predicament. If he wore that top, then he'd need to wear those pants; but those pants didn't match his shoes, and if he changed his shoes he'd have to change his bracelets and earrings. Who knew fashion was so complicated?

I like you best in anything! You'll look stunning no matter what, and we'll find all the cute boys. Will there be more cute dragons at this feast? The little creature wondered aloud.

Honestly, C'lusi had to wonder where his blue had been born with such thoughts. Then again, the little baby had picked him, and knew all of his secrets and all of his passions and ex-loves and exploits. He wasn't used to there being another creature in his head, but was glad that Macuith seemed curious but not disturbed by anything he found. The wave of love and adoration that surged through him was so unexpected, it almost took his breath away. Honestly, how had he lived without Macuith for so long? His eyes stung, but he ignored it. Impression was emotional, and the day was still overwhelming, even with a nap.

So it was, C'lusi decided to wear the outfit that best complimented his dragonet, for why shouldn't Macuith steal the limelight? The blue deserved it. He wore black pants, and a white tunic that hugged him ever so nicely, with slit sleeves, a black belt, and white shoes. He accessorized with some silver bracelets, earrings, and a silver choker, all of which intrigued his blue. What's that? Can I have it? I want one, too! So the blue demanded, reaching out to sniff and snuffle at the bracelets his rider wore.

"Then I shall save to commission you one, soon as I can!" He promised with a laugh, bending over to kiss his dragon's upturned nose, and getting a happy croon in the process.

So it was, the two made their way to the Hatching Feast, perhaps last to arrive, but not so late as to miss V'mel's rules. As they were introduced and began to make their way out, Macuith stopped and turned to peer curiously at his brown brother, Kratoth. The blue didn't hesitate to move a little closer, and gave a croon of assurance. Are you all right, pet Kratoth?

C'lusi almost gave a snort. Apparently his blue hadn't learned the art of the petnames his rider so often freely gave. "You okay?" He asked... Lenix was it? Le'x, so his dragon quietly confirmed. With how the other had pulled his dragon close, and Macuith's concern, it wasn't hard to see that (maybe) something wasn't right. It also could be nerves -- all eyes would be on them tonight, anyway.

When Cynosuth gave out a greeting of tenderness, the blue dragon's eyes whirled a happy shade of green. Hello Cynosuth, dear sister! Isn't today the very best? Ah, but the blue couldn't wait. He knew his rider wanted to eat, but Macuith wanted to go and boop noses with all of his siblings (especially the boys) and get the praise and attention he felt he deserved. And dancing! What was this about dancing? Since his nap, Macuith wanted to move... and wanted everyone to watch him do it!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:13 pm

Little child, looking frightened and alone amid the crowd. Well, Illa knew what that was about. 'Course, she hadn't been nearly so small when she'd Impressed, but it had sharding changed her life, that was sure. And nothing would ever be the same again. No one would look at her the same. Nothing to be ashamed of, not ever. The Brownrider and former-merc captain made her way across the room to find that very young woman who looked so lost. "Hoy. You're joining a select group, you and your Menankith." She clapped the girl on the shoulder, offering a smile that looked like teeth bared. Not intentionally, just a habit. She was dressed for the occasion, wore her riding leathers because armor wasn't the usual garb for this place. The knots on her shoulder marked her as both Brownrider and Wingrider. But look at the girl and her dragon. It brought back memories.

You are to be congratulated, Menankith. You have excellent taste, came the deep, thoughtful rumble of a Brown too big to settle comfortably near the rest. Fenrith was more than happy to simply watch, taking note of the new arrivals.

--

Today is a very good day, Cynosuth agreed, her soft voice full of happiness at the sound of her brother's voice calling back to her. She didn't really understand the overtones he took on when he spoke to their brothers, but he was good and kind, and dear. And she loved him so very much. Macuith had as much of her heart as the rest.

Meepfur
Masterharper

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:10 pm
Menankith turned his head at the sound of his sweet sister's voice, eyes whirling as green as her hide. He didn't move from His' side, but returned the warm greeting readily enough. Hello, Cynosuth.

As he was distracted, a woman approached and clapped Nadry on the shoulder, which was...very definitely not the sort of greeting she was used to. Even if she hadn't been on edge, it would have startled her, but aside from the initial jump of her heart managed to clamp down on any reaction more overt than an abrupt stiffening. Thank Faranth she didn't have anything her mouth at that exact moment! Choking down or spitting out food would have been a fabulous first impression. She half-turned in her seat to offer up an uncertain smile and get a look at the...rather imposing woman, taking in first her smile and then her knots. Oh. Oh.

One corner of her smile raised a little further, softening her wide-eyed look. "I...thank you. I think." Menankith leaned against her and she relaxed a touch. The proper thing to do would be to introduce herself, although the woman already seemed to know who they were, but she didn't know quite where else to start. "I'm Nadry, but I suppose you already know that, if you know Menankith's name."

It was a bit disconcerting. She was well aware that she was an oddity now, but it hadn't fully occurred to her that that would make her notable. That people she'd never met in her life might know who she was, especially so soon. Well. Chalk that up as unsettling and something to get used to.

Thank you, Menankith answered his fellow but fully-grown brown, his shifting green-blue gaze most pleased. It is good to hear it and know it is meant, not said just to be said and with that certain look. It should not be such a strange fuss for him to have chosen a young woman as His, worthy of raised eyebrows and wagging tongues. One day it would not be, if he had his way. And he would.

Fated Fable

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 9:24 pm
Alumet and Gold Zenobiath

The moment her mother’s eye met her own, Alumet almost melted. While there was no question that she loved Zenobiath best now, her mother was still the woman who meant the most in her life. The little gold bounded at her beloved’s side as the girl hurried to her mother. Her most important mother. Beside her Zenobiath settled as soon as they stopped, the gold creeling plaintively as Hers reached down to gently rub against a headknob. You are still my most important, dearest heart. I want you to know my mother….as you knew my brother yesterday. It is only of course time for you to meet her. Before anyone else in the weyr, before any Holders or Lordlings found her….Her mother came first. “Mother.” Her smile could light a room, even as Zenobiath introduced herself by stretching elegantly, tail lashing and wings spreading. Yes, she was beautiful, she should be admired like her Rider was.

“I wanted to say hello...to you first. I was warned that things might get...hard...a lot of people, so I wanted to introduce you to Zenobiath.” She had little doubt that C’lusi and Macuith would be by soon. After all, his beautiful Blue loved any chance to show off. When the hatchling sat, she stroked her head, lavishing all her attentions on the Gold, aside from one hug for the woman before her. One hug, tight to the other so that she could have the contact again. She idly noticed that there was someone who’d said hello to them, the Gold’s head twitching towards her green sibling for a moment of attention, before back to the other, Your mother is so beautiful, Mine. Like you and I. Is she always so elegant? It got a grin, Yes, love. That made her feel wonderful, “Zenobiath thinks you’re lovely.”

Masterharper

T’at

Oh sharding-! Why was V’rind yanking him through the hall like a playtoy for a child? Her hand in his shirt wasn’t really particularly welcome, but the intent? There was no fighting that. “...V’rind, I’m not a doll for you to play with.” What a b***h...but that was why he adored her. He hated admitting it, but every bruise and scratch from his new lover was...fantastic, and even Nessuth felt more content lately. His getting fullfilment from another person was nice, and there was the fact that he was with her more often than not lately. As a surprise, he’d started working on a tattoo on his hip, with beautiful metallic blue ink. She’d see it next time they ended up in the weyr together. So distracted by his own thoughts was he that it wasn’t until he at last noted that she’d said something about a Bluerider female from the clutch. Huh...oh, he hadn’t been there after all. Why would they want a weyrless there? But now? Now he was seeing the girl, and her dragon, “...Hi.”

So eloquent, mine. Really, you could be a harper.

….Thank you SO much, Nessuth….I was aware of that. Shards and shells, the last thing he needed was his dragon’s sarcasm.

Shinosbee

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Tue Jun 27, 2017 10:09 pm
V'rind

"Aurinkoth, huh?" Her grin was almost toothy as she turned to wink at the little blue. Goodness. Had Krahsujunth ever been so small? They ALL seemed so very little. Tiny and fragile and...and precious... She faltered slightly at the odd twinge of emotion coming over her, and dimly wondered if Krahsujunth had been more bothered than he'd let on. She'd make a point to check in with him in a bit, for now her stomach was rolling with hunger. "T'at here's a bit less of a talker, obviously, but I'm sure he'd lend an ear in my absence." She jabbed an elbow roughly in his direction, though not hard enough to really hurt. There was a time and a place after all. "Honest though, if things get tough...really. You're not the only one. Heck, not even the only one this clutch, huh? And a brown too? That'll have a stick up ol' V'mel's tail for sure."

She clapped Ichta on the shoulder, giving her a friendly shake before she took hold of T'at again—this time by the wrist at least—and jerked a thumb over her shoulder. "Well, I'm ready to dig in. I'll thank you and your dragon, and his siblings for the feast!"

Her stomach rumbled again, sounding almost brown dragon sized in depth as she pivoted them towards the tables of food. She let go of T'at's arm long enough to loop hers with it. "Of course you're not a toy, T'at. Toys break. And no matter how hard I try you still seem able to rattle around after," Her voice dropped to a low growl as she stood on tiptoes to get anywhere near his ear to try to whisper. "If you've got some sharding complaint though, you can submit it later. Food first, if that's alright with you. I'm just ravenous today..."

demon_pachabel

-_Wish of Tevarae_-

Uridith

The gold had been more or less content to watch from afar, knowing that the night belonged to her children, and coming slowly to terms with the fact that they would always be her children, but that they were not really her own any more. It always hurt to see them go, in a good way. But...thread had...thread had stolen most of her children from her. She'd only had four clutches before this, and so, so many had fallen from the skies or slipped between when thread returned. Would these be stronger? Fly higher and faster and flame brighter? Or would she have to keen their loss as well? If...nothing else, Zenobiath would probably be safe. Her first golden child, her only precious daughter she could...could really count on being safe.

The sound of darling little Cynosuth's voice broke through her maudlin thoughts, and the gold let out a small noise of alarm, grappling down her worries to shield the innocent little star from them. O-oh, hello my sweet Cynosuth! Are you and your Dr'stan well? He's such a lovely choice. He will keep you and your siblings safe and healthy. As long as he could at least. Thread could still steal them away...no. Not today. Today was a happy day. Sunshine, and the sea, and the spicy smell of Takarath's unique hide. Happy things, happy thoughts.

Fated Fable

[IC RP] High Reaches Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces