Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 11:52 am
"Nah, dinner's the least I can do to repay the favor," Abel said with a small shrug that Gary probably wouldn't see, leading him through the apartment as he was. Sunny received a brief 'aw' along with a friendly smile - he couldn't wave what with his hands full - and once they stopped Abel set the bag he was carrying down on the table. "Surprise me," the blond said as he moved to lean his guitar against the wall nearby so it would be out of the way while they ate. "I'm good with either one. But we should eat while the food's still hot, yeah." As he spoke he moved back to the table and began pulling containers out of the bag he'd set down.

Isaac hopped off his shoulders and landed with a soft whump on the floor, shook himself off, then trotted away back to Sunny to see if he'd care to socialize... or have a nap buddy.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:05 pm
Tired, but much more cheerful than he had been, Amigo fluttered over to the couch and settled down on the back to nap.

As the Butterfree alighted and Isaac headed over Sunny cracked an eye open again and made another lazy friendly noise. <>

<> mumbled Amigo.

"Um, thanks! Same! Whatever's easy," Taavi smiled as he started opening up the boxes to work out what was what.

"Sure thing." Gary nodded and headed to a door at the end of the room, which opened to a kitchen which was just about wide enough to turn around in. He opened the fridge, grabbed out three cans from the bottom shelf, and returned with ciders in hand. "A can or two's good for musical ability," he said as he passed them out.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 12:36 pm
With the invitation given, Isaac didn't wait twice before he promptly hopped up on the couch, circled once, then practically fell into a little ball snuggled up beside the warm fire-type. Not to mention he was very tired.

Once all the food was laid out on the table, Abel joined Taavi in trying to figure out what was what to separate it out for each of them, but paused to aim a grin at Gary when he returned. "I like this guy," he said to Taavi, jerking a thumb towards his orange-haired friend. "I like the way he thinks. And I like hard cider," he added as they finished sorting food, then pulled out one of the three chairs to plop down into it. For once in probably days, he was actually hungry. Without further ado he popped open the can of cider, his colorful gaze shifting over to Gary as he did so. "So is it just you and Sunny here?"

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 1:02 pm
<> Sunny agreed lazily.

Taavi grinned and cracked open his cider. "I like him too! Thanks Gary."

Gary chuckled and gave the pair a lopsided smile as he sat down and grabbed a set of chopsticks. "Well thanks, always nice to find like-minded people. It's me, Sunny, and Aithon but he's a Rapidash so uh," Gary gestured around, "he goes in his pokeball when I've got guests because he takes up quite a bit of room. It's kind of a dump I guess except for the recording room, that's why I took the place. Oh and also, cheap. Cheap is important."

"Super important," Taavi agreed with feeling as he dumped some of his chicken dish on top of his box of fried rice and started to eat.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:07 pm
The psychic-type made a pleased but sleepy noise in the back of his throat, too tired to respond any more than that.

Abel grabbed himself a pair of chopsticks as well before opening his box of chow mein. Mmm, Chinese food... It was good to actually want to eat food again, and infinitely easier now that he knew Zevran would be okay. He'd be awake tomorrow and okay and maybe even transferred to a general ward, not the ICU anymore. The staff had all been wonderfully nice as far as he'd seen and he'd almost miss them, but he'd be infinitely glad once Zev was in a general ward. It'd mean he really was doing much better... and that he'd be awake.

"Ah, Rapidash are fun, but I can see why you'd put him in his ball when you have guests, yeah," he said with a wry smile as he took a brief look around the apartment. "Nah, it's not bad. And I agree, cheap is definitely important." No, it definitely wasn't a bad place. A bit too cluttered and cozy for his tastes, but certainly not bad. There were far worse places, at any rate. It was hard to think poorly of small, cluttered apartments now after knowing Zevran lived in an abandoned warehouse. Funny how opinions could change on things like that.

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:18 pm
Gary made a noise of amusement around a mouthful of chop suey and waved his chopsticks. Once he'd swallowed he said; "One day we'll make it big and I'll buy a mansion shaped like a guitar. You guys can have one too, while I'm at it."

"Aww," Taavi grinned, "and I was hoping for one shaped like uh... s**t. Um. I ran out of joke half way through. Err. Like a... What other instruments are there?"

"Oh my God Taavi."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:35 pm
"Well that's awful nice of you," the blond replied with a brief chuckle and a grin once he'd swallowed a bite of his food, "and Taavi you're impossible. You can have the tuba-shaped mansion, how 'bout that?"  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:41 pm
"Tuba!" Taavi gave an embarrassed laugh, but he trusted the people he was with so he didn't actually worry about having made an idiot of himself. "I will take the tuba, thank you."

"I'll add it to the list," Gary grinned.

A little while later Taavi put down his chopsticks and picked up his can of cider with a sigh of contentment. "Well, I'm stuffed. Good idea on the Chinese, I haven't had it for ages."

"Chinese is the best," Gary replied as he scraped out the last of his own dish and finished it up. "You want to check out the studio now Abel? I've got everything pretty much set up ready to go."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 3:37 pm
Eventually Abel pushed his empty container away with a contented sigh. "Chinese food is great, yeah," he agreed readily, taking a few moments to just sit and relax. It was a good meal, and one he'd actually enjoyed after what felt like forever of not being able to enjoy food when in reality it had only been just a couple of days.

But the relaxed moment passed all too quickly, and the blond leaned forward to grab his can and down the rest of his cider in one go before he stood up and moved to fetch his guitar. "Yeah, let's go check it out."

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 3:52 pm
"Right." Gary nodded and led the way back into the tiny hallway, and from there through a door into a moderately sized room that had to be the studio. There were several guitars on the wall, mainly electric but there was an acoustic too; a deck with lots of dials on it; a couple of different mics on stands; a keyboard; a drumkit; a laptop; various speakers; and a couple of chairs.

"This was the bedroom but the acoustics in here are great," Gary explained with a rather proud smile. "So that's why I have no bedroom but a sweet studio. Kind of makes it difficult to bring anyone home but I guess we make sacrifices for art right? You done much recording before Abel?"

Taavi trailed along and peered around with interest but he didn't have anything useful to say right now so he just sipped his cider and listened.

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:41 pm
Down the hall and through another door into the studio, previously bedroom. Abel looked around keenly, taking in the decor and studying the various pieces of equipment. "Yeah, no, the setup in here is really sweet, I can see why you turned it into a studio instead of a bedroom. I like the guitars," he gestured to to the electric ones, then turned to shrug easily and aimed a wry grin at Gary. "And nah, there's plenty of other places to bring someone home to... or follow home, or wherever else." The blond shrugged again before moving to the middle of the room to better look at everything again. "But to answer your question -- no, I've never done any recording before."  
PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 4:51 pm
"That's true," Gary grinned, "and anyway even if I had a bedroom Sunny would still cramp my style by being so adorable that the girl forgets I exist. Almost every single time, damn fluffball," he said affectionately. "Anyway though let me talk you through some basics..."

The explanation took a few minutes and involved some demonstrations, plus a mic being attached to Abel's guitar.

"So yeah, stop the recording after each song or whatever and when you're done I can edit it into a CD for you. Nothing fancy, I'll just clip out any dead time. If you want them in a different order to what you record in just write it down and I can do that too. I won't listen to them or anything if you'd rather I don't, I can see on the laptop when there's silence so I don't need to listen through to do that."

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 7:46 pm
Ohh fluffballs; that was definitely something he could sympathize with.

Gary's explanation didn't take long at all, and it left him with a bit of equipment on his guitar and with a better idea of just what he could do and how to go about doing it. "Alright, that doesn't seem that hard; thanks. I don't care what order they're in so you don't need to bother switching them around or anything, and you can listen to them if you want, I'm not shy," he said with a slight shrug, lightly, idly strumming at his guitar to warm up his fingers. "I'm gonna need to warm up a bit before I start anyway, so I'll start it up after that... Though I'm not sure exactly how many songs I wanna do, probably at least six or seven, if that's cool? I don't know how long that'd really take and I don't want to keep you up all night."

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 2:05 am
"No sweat," Gary waved his can casually, "I'll take the chance to catch up with Taav; I don't think I've seen you since you got a real, grown-up job man."

Taavi grinned sheepishly and shrugged. "Um, yeah, life's been busy!" Some of it had been awful but not anymore, and now it seemed like this latest crisis was going to be okay too.... Or at least, Zev was going to wake up and be physically okay. He wasn't going to think about that right now though, they'd deal with it when he actually was awake. "Um, shall we let you get started Abel?"  

TawnyAngel

Predestined Inquisitor

BlackFireKitsune
Vice Captain

Tiny Lunatic

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 7:54 am
Abel's fingers stilled over the strings and his eyebrows lifted as he looked between the two of them. "Oh damn, really? Yeah you guys go catch up, it sounds like it's been a while."  
Roleplay

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff