Welcome to Gaia! ::

Annual User Run Ball Planning Guild

Back to Guilds

The event planning organisation for the AURB! 

Tags: aurb, annual ball, ball, user run, event 

Reply Locked Threads
AURB Plot Brainstorming! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:07 pm
AugureyRiddle

I really like the idea of a fae wedding. With the guests being guests at the weekend of events. A bitter third party being an ex-love or someone who wants to stop the wedding for some other reason?

Yeah like, tbh I'm thinking something like that. Maybe they're not necessarily hellbent on stopping the wedding but they just want to get back at one of the brides-to-be for breaking their heart by making the other one break it off with them too, hence the transformative curse to make them either like, an animal (like a frog?) or just making them look conventionally 'ugly'.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:12 pm
Mishi Tanaka
I like this idea as well, and if we want to have "sections" for the games we could set it up in the area description that there are little alcoves where the brambles and trees kind of make rooms with winding flowered vine doorways off of the main ballroom like clearing, where the trees all shifted around for the event to create these massive redwood walls with vines and lightning bugs making light patterns all around under the canopy of trees.

Banquet Hall (food room)
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Or maybe one of these is the castle/building that the wedding takes place in

Yeah, I'm diggin this, that's defs the sort of thing I had in mind at least. We could defs have each of the games set up with some art of little hollows in trees or roots or something on the edge of the main hall area, or something like that.  

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Love Renewed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:35 pm
I like the marriage plot and a witch places a spell or something!!

PLUS, at least in symbolism, that would go along with us celebrating Lanzer. We did gaia marriage and happiness before the last CEO. He's was like an evil witch cursing us all. And bam Lanzer comes to restore happiness. Symbolism.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:39 pm
ALSO I have a contest idea that would pull people into the rest of the forest without seeming weird with the ball. A scavenger hunt. I can have it in either images or in a verbal map and have people rp finding things for the bride's dress, or the party. Almost like Tinker Bell's favored Lost Items. OMG if Tinker Bell get's married I call Tinker Bell. I have over 200 Tinker Bell items in my house, plus a tattoo of her.  

Love Renewed

TheMainCharacter1

Unleashed Humorist

27,415 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 7:34 am
troubled-pasta
TheMainCharacter1
Sorry I'm not here as often. There's been some delays with the moving process.

Anyway, fae wedding will be fun but how about the two beings getting marry hate each other? Force marriage by their families who apparently enjoy each other. The engaged faes are purposely sabotaging the days leading up to their wedding day in hopes that their families will cancel it. Making outlandish demands like one wants to put a glacier and a ship in the middle of the lake to play out the scene of Titantic. Or one wants one section of the rainforest to become chocolate with chocolate fae statues.

Maybe as the plot goes on it turned out that the families actually dislike each other too and they are all being manipulate by the heads of the families who have their own reasons for the wedding.

The third party lover of one of the fae will bring in more fun.

S'alright mang, life happens.

Tbh on a more personal note, I'm not that much of a fan of forced relationships/marriages, even if it is just a fictional story. There's enough hate in the world at the moment as it is, we don't need to add to that with the people in our story. Again, that is just my personal opinion and I am the Admin so I won't be taking part in the plot as a character so my opinion isn't the be all and end all, but I feel like we could just... have a happy story, you know?

Like, we don't have to follow real-world bullshit here, it's a fantasy world. The two fae getting engaged could be coded as female/be explicitly female. Tbh I'd like to do something like that just because why the hell not y'know?

I guess for me I just need a break from irl hatred and I feel like a lot of other users might be in a similar boat, and having a short, sweet story and an excuse to dress up pretty would probably help people escape from that for a little bit. Like yeah obvs have a transformative curse from a jilted ex lover or something to further the plot, but outside of that, there's no reason why they can't work together and be a close-knit community that supports each other and celebrates differences rather than hating and rejecting each other for 'em.

Again, that is just my opinion tho.

I'm hoping maybe next week I'll be back more often.

It's okay I understand your thought process. Now with this thought in mind would a story of different groups of beings/fae who came together and created a rainforest work? They sent years creating a home for everyone to live in and after finishing they throw a festival to enjoy the fruits of their labor.

If there were to be a conflict maybe they have to compromise about a certain piece of land that was left unfinished. They all have their own ideas about how they will design that land but they manage to work through it some how to make everyone happy.

Another conflict idea is a corporation who wants to build homes for their people but they need alot of resources from the rainforest. They make compromises and work it out.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 8:28 am
Love Renewed
ALSO I have a contest idea that would pull people into the rest of the forest without seeming weird with the ball. A scavenger hunt. I can have it in either images or in a verbal map and have people rp finding things for the bride's dress, or the party. Almost like Tinker Bell's favored Lost Items. OMG if Tinker Bell get's married I call Tinker Bell. I have over 200 Tinker Bell items in my house, plus a tattoo of her.

Tinkerbell is unfortunately a copy-written character and so we would not use her specifically. I think the scavenger hunt could potentially work very well though. I could see having multiple images drawn up like those mystery search game things.  

Mishi Tanaka

Eternal Trickster

16,025 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Bookworm 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Love Renewed

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 9:58 am
Mishi Tanaka
Love Renewed

Tinkerbell is unfortunately a copy-written character and so we would not use her specifically. I think the scavenger hunt could potentially work very well though. I could see having multiple images drawn up like those mystery search game things.
Fan fics are fully okay. People rp as characters like her, Harry Potter, Princesses, and others regularly. We can't use her stories, but we can create new ones.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:22 pm
TheMainCharacter1
I'm hoping maybe next week I'll be back more often.

It's okay I understand your thought process. Now with this thought in mind would a story of different groups of beings/fae who came together and created a rainforest work? They sent years creating a home for everyone to live in and after finishing they throw a festival to enjoy the fruits of their labor.

If there were to be a conflict maybe they have to compromise about a certain piece of land that was left unfinished. They all have their own ideas about how they will design that land but they manage to work through it some how to make everyone happy.

Another conflict idea is a corporation who wants to build homes for their people but they need alot of resources from the rainforest. They make compromises and work it out.

Mm, again, getting into things like land rights/ownership/etc feels a bit too complicated for the AURB. Like, for a regular roleplay that isn't constrained to a weekend these kinds of ideas would work great, but we're not dealing with people who are interested in reading the plot and then jumping in with a well thought out character. Most of the people that come to the AURB have never experienced roleplay before in their life and don't understand how these kind of plots work. There are a lot of people that just think 'ball' and put on a pretty dress and turn up to find that there's some crazy plot going on and they get disillusioned with the whole deal.

With these kind of one-shot events, it really just comes down to the simpler it is, the better. I do like the idea of the fae not necessarily being people of a single species but rather a collective of mythical beings that have come together though. That would give people creative freedom and let pretty much any character design slot in nicely.  

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:36 pm
Love Renewed
Mishi Tanaka
Love Renewed

Fan fics are fully okay. People rp as characters like her, Harry Potter, Princesses, and others regularly. We can't use her stories, but we can create new ones.

Fan fics may be okay in the roleplaying community, but the AURB is not the roleplaying community, it's very much it's own entity and we don't use other IPs when we can avoid it.

The problem is that the AURB is set as an in-universe event in Gaia, it's not just a nebulous event for roleplayers, it's actually a thing bound by the constraints of the Gaia IP and if we want to explore other realms or whatnot in a ball, magical bullshittery like portals is needed because in the world of Gaia where the ball is usually set, characters like tinkerbell don't exist. Randomly throwing said characters into a plot built in Gaia makes things confusing for guests, and that's why we usually avoid having characters from outside of Gaia's IP unless the ball is explicitly about the world of said character.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:38 pm
Love Renewed

PLUS, at least in symbolism, that would go along with us celebrating Lanzer. We did gaia marriage and happiness before the last CEO. He's was like an evil witch cursing us all. And bam Lanzer comes to restore happiness. Symbolism.

Symbolism hasn't usually been a thing we factor in when designing the plot, but if people pick up on it that's cool too.  

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Madame Mae
Vice Captain

Unholy Abomination

52,100 Points
  • War of the Roses 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:26 pm
I really like everyone's ideas so far! I also agree that we should make the story very accessible to guests so them entering the story is not overly complicated. And keeping the plot light is perfect, since real life is so crazy right now.

The idea that really stuck out to me so far was having two groups come together, because it gives a nice message of unity. Maybe it could almost be like a Romeo and Juliet situation, and it was two different families finally coming together because of their children's love, and for the good of the forest. Possibly the conflict could be, as already mentioned, an ex-lover or even maybe people who cannot except the two families coming together.

I also want to apologize for not being around much, when I get back home next week I hope to be around more.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 3:57 pm
Madame Mae
I really like everyone's ideas so far! I also agree that we should make the story very accessible to guests so them entering the story is not overly complicated. And keeping the plot light is perfect, since real life is so crazy right now.

The idea that really stuck out to me so far was having two groups come together, because it gives a nice message of unity. Maybe it could almost be like a Romeo and Juliet situation, and it was two different families finally coming together because of their children's love, and for the good of the forest. Possibly the conflict could be, as already mentioned, an ex-lover or even maybe people who cannot except the two families coming together.

I also want to apologize for not being around much, when I get back home next week I hope to be around more.

I personally kinda want to avoid the whole Romeo+Juliet trope because it's been done to death at this point, but I like the idea of having everyone coming together and being unified for the celebration. Maybe the Fae don't necessarily group together the way humans do but instead are just a big conglomerate of different kinds of individual fantasy creatures and they all come together for this event?  

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Madame Mae
Vice Captain

Unholy Abomination

52,100 Points
  • War of the Roses 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Abomination 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2017 4:09 pm
troubled-pasta
Madame Mae

I personally kinda want to avoid the whole Romeo+Juliet trope because it's been done to death at this point, but I like the idea of having everyone coming together and being unified for the celebration. Maybe the Fae don't necessarily group together the way humans do but instead are just a big conglomerate of different kinds of individual fantasy creatures and they all come together for this event?

I suppose that is true about Romeo and Juliet. I know we are trying to keep the story light, but it would sort of be fun to have villains who are trying to exploit the forest for some reason and be able to defeat them. They could be cartoony villains who are bumbling idiots so the story doesn't get too dark, but I think it would be nice for good to defeat evil even if it's just an RP. That's probably just my frustration with RL though lol.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 2:12 pm
Madame Mae
troubled-pasta
Madame Mae

I suppose that is true about Romeo and Juliet. I know we are trying to keep the story light, but it would sort of be fun to have villains who are trying to exploit the forest for some reason and be able to defeat them. They could be cartoony villains who are bumbling idiots so the story doesn't get too dark, but I think it would be nice for good to defeat evil even if it's just an RP. That's probably just my frustration with RL though lol.

I mean we've got cartoon-y villains that are bumbling idiots running the country now and that story's p ******** dark from what I've seen. I get where you're coming from, believe me, but I think a lot of people are going to want/need an escape from anything remotely similar to RL, and if we can provide them with something, even if it is small, I think we should go for it.  

troubled-pasta

Enduring Spirit

11,425 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

Love Renewed

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2017 4:23 pm
troubled-pasta
Love Renewed

Symbolism hasn't usually been a thing we factor in when designing the plot, but if people pick up on it that's cool too.
I know lol. But you had mentioned us correlating them together.  
Locked Threads

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff