Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Dungeons & Dragons Guild

Back to Guilds

A Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Guild - We have many active games, join requests are checked often, and everyone is accepted. 

Tags: Dungeons, Dragons, Roleplaying, Dungeons and Dragons 

Reply [L5R 4e] Cartographers
L5R - Cartographers - Mapmaker's Tent (OOC Thread) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:31 pm
Daidoji Hotaru
Name: Daidoji Hotaru

On p.103, it does list under Customization that "no starting character may begin play with any ability, whether a Trait or a Skill, above 4". Even though you got a bit of a boost, you're still technically a starting character, so you'll have to shave a rank off of Kenjutsu, I'm afraid.

Other than that, looks good!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 11:43 pm
Also, assuming the head count of 4 PCs is still accurate (waiting on one last sheet from Gusty-san), I'll want each of you to do the following:

I'll be starting you in Crane lands because, wowza, Crane PCs, m i rite? PM me a list of 5 things you want your first province to (potentially) have in it. I'll also be submitting 5 things of my own. I will be writing them down on index cards, and drawing them as you explore (so the very placement of what you encounter is effectively up to you lot, even if you won't be realizing it).

It could be a town, it could be an abandoned castle, it could be a haunted grove, it could be an invading army, it could a traveling merchant, whatever you want. Give each thing a brief description (a couple words). Examples of Do's and Don't's:
Don't: "A small village."
Do: "A village currently suffering from a drought"
Don't: "A ghost"
Do: "A ghostly child rumored to walk the road here alone, at night"

You get the jist, I hope.

The province will have 20 "spots", meaning that, on average, you'll see 4 of your 5 entries (meaning the other 16 will be new and surprising to you!).

Be fun! Be creative! Remember: If you give me no towns, don't expect to see any towns.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Daidoji Hotaru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 2:42 am
Rain Yupa
Daidoji Hotaru
Name: Daidoji Hotaru

On p.103, it does list under Customization that "no starting character may begin play with any ability, whether a Trait or a Skill, above 4". Even though you got a bit of a boost, you're still technically a starting character, so you'll have to shave a rank off of Kenjutsu, I'm afraid.

Other than that, looks good!

Ha, fair enough. I always miss that!

*facepalm*

Hehe, up side, I can get another skill or something.

Edit: Reduced Kenjutsu to Rank 4, upgraded Investigation to Rank 3 and added a rank of Hunting and Athletics. Increased insight by +2.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 7:22 am
Rain Yupa
Huh. So I did. I don't remember what I was going for, but I updated it.

I had some ideas but if we're starting in Crane lands I'd like to come up with at least a few relevant/specific to it. I'll try to have those done before the end of the week.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Paidi tou Selini
Crew

Adorable Abductee

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2017 11:10 pm
Rain Yupa
Paidi tou Selini
Name: Miya Ayame

I have you 1 point over (13 advantages, -10 disadvantages, 6 skills, 2 emphases, 40 traits).

I also have you at 122 insight (which might change due to the overage).

Other than that, you're all set.

Fixed.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 7:59 am
Encounters sent! I'm saving the border dispute one for a later time. I'd rather the Crane not be one of the clans involved, since most of the PCs are in it, and therefor we'd almost certainly gravitate to supporting them. Not what I'm hoping to get out of that one.  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:02 pm
Psychofish
Encounters sent! I'm saving the border dispute one for a later time. I'd rather the Crane not be one of the clans involved, since most of the PCs are in it, and therefor we'd almost certainly gravitate to supporting them. Not what I'm hoping to get out of that one.

Sent to whom? Not me. The last PM I received is from Hotaru-san.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2017 6:08 pm
GustyFox
Thanks for the quote smile

Should I post my Charsheet here? I'm working on it smile

How goes progress, Gusty-san?  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Daidoji Hotaru

PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:33 pm
heart  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 18, 2017 6:44 pm
I... think we may be proceeding without her.

I just need Paidi-san's list before I can start.  

Rain Yupa
Captain

Enduring Member

Daidoji Hotaru rolled 12 10-sided dice: 1, 1, 4, 9, 4, 7, 3, 10, 4, 5, 2, 5 Total: 55 (12-120)

Daidoji Hotaru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:07 pm
Perception/Investigation 3k2 (first 5 incl 2 for explosions) to scan the immediate area for threats

Perception/Hunting 5k2 (last 7 inc 2 for explosions) to look for any significant sign...like someone who had been hiding in wait.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2017 8:10 pm
Helps if I read my skills right. Hunting should be the 3k2, Investigation should be the 5k2...so the first 7 are for Investigation, and the last 5 are for Hunting.

Screwed that up copying it over.  

Daidoji Hotaru

Daidoji Hotaru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:42 am
sweatdrop Hotaru, why you point out such things! lol  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:50 am
It's okay! That kind of well meaning faux pas kinda suits him. Also you can blame the GM on Skype

Me: Not sure if dono or sama is more correct.
Rain: Or chan works! (for the third time)
Me: I'm not sure if that's appropriate for an imperial he's only just m- *looks at small disadvantage, character description* -chan it is!  

Psychofish

Dedicated Loiterer

Daidoji Hotaru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:08 am
Fair call!

Ayame is officially 'The Adorable Imperial'.  
[L5R 4e] Cartographers

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 19 20 21 22 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff