[Sauti] Reunion (Ming/Callum/Sol) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:23 pm
No one understands! That's the point! Sol furrowed his brow, feeling his left antennae give into a little twitch fest from atop his head. Was she normally so...scattered? His papa had never mentioned it, but maybe it was one of those 'we just don't talk about it' things? He wasn't ready for the hug, may have even tried to squirm out of it, but when it became clear that Sol wasn't getting out of this one he just...stood there.

Over her shoulder he made eye contact with his papa, whose face displayed a myriad of emotions. Confusion, sadness, a need to help...Sol sighed and gave in, reaching his arms around her to pat her back soothingly while she touched his hair. This was...weird. The whole thing was weird; having his hair touched, being fawned over...but when it was obvious he wasn't going to get out of it Sol figured he may as well make the best of it.

"Could you tell me how I saved you...?" It didn't feel bad being held that close. In a way it was kind of nice, since he was able to help her calm down. Sol swayed a little on his feet, and murmured little nonsensical words, like his papa did for him whenever he was upset.

When she finally pulled back and looked at him he gave her a smile in return. "You know, you're a lot prettier when you smile."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:35 pm
Heras Box

"Help us to understand..." He reached for her, but Ming'we was already reaching for Sol instead. Callum's hand hovered in the air before he allowed it to drop. The swordsman was trying his best to piece it all together, and was failing. She kept referring to Sol as her star, but why?

And this dark place she spoke of, was that what Sol had saved her from? Callum had so many questions, so very many, but right now he was just focused on getting his sister the care that she needed. It warmed his heart to see Sol embracing her the way he was; as if he were finally coming around to the 'strange' woman.

Callum grinned, and held up two fingers, "A son and a daughter, Ming'we. You have a niece as well as a nephew. Her name is Ygraine, and even though she didn't come with us on this trip, I'm sure you'll meet her soon enough." If he had his way about it, anyway.

The mention of a lady, however, had him chuckling. "Well...try lucky man instead, though I'm not so sure he's all that lucky, being stuck with me."

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:07 pm
Painted Moose

"Oh! Ohhh~! Callum!" Well that certainly made things easier on her and Faulina. Neither had been overly fond of the idea of other females in his life. "A niece as well? Ygraine and Sol. Lovely names. And the man that won my brother's heart? Does he have a name?"

She wanted to know everything! Of course she did look a Sol again, acknowledging that he'd asked her to explain how he had been able to save her. Ming'we looked from the boy to his father and then back again. "When I saw you, I was in bad shape." A bright flush came to her cheeks and she lowered her head in shame. Ming even took a step away from the two of them. "Please, don't think less of me Callum. I had hit bottom and I loathed everything about myself." As she spoke she reached up and brushed her bangs away from her scars. If Sol paid attention then he would see that she was meant to have the feelers, same as he did. "After everything that happened it seemed like the only option. Hatred had consumed my heart and fueled my mind." When she braved it she met Callum's gaze, but her tears had started up again, only this time her expression was akin to something lost. What would she do if he shunned her?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:38 pm
Heras Box

Had she been watching him from afar? That's the only way Sol could possibly begin to piece together all of her vague statements. Maybe his father knew more than he did, or as things were turning out, maybe he didn't. His antennae fletched one more, the left sticking up a little further than the right now that he really focused on what she was saying.

And what she was showing. Sol's eyes widened with horror, hands moving up subconsciously to cup the bases of his antennae. Why would she do that?! The pain had been beyond anything he had ever experienced when a bully pulled on his. He had been sick at his stomach, and dizzy for at least a full day. So why would she mutilate herself...?

Even as Ming took steps away from them, Sol found himself doing the same.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 2:46 pm
Heras Box

Callum nodded, "A niece, one who takes after me in looks. You'll never be able to mistake her in a crowd." He chuckled lightly, thinking fondly on his little snowflake. The differences in his children physically would confuse others, but to him their personalities were so similar at times that it only made sense for them to be twins. "His name is Nimueh, and you'll absolutely have to meet him. I've told him stories, but seeing the real thing is always so much better."

The tone seemed to shift back into darker things, and Callum wasn't able to hide his reaction. He gasped, even though he had previous seen the scars, just from the knowledge that Ming'we had done this to herself. "Oh sweetheart, I would never think less of you." How could he? She was his sister, as much as if she were blood bound, and he felt guilt well up from within. "Was it...after the extremists? Did they get to you?" He reached out for her, opening his arms to embrace her, but moving slowly, as if afraid he would spook her.

"It's alright, Ming'we. It's going to be alright. We all have our rough patches - some more than others - but you aren't alone."

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:05 pm
Painted Moose

As Sol stepped away from her she moved her gaze to him and gave him a sad smile. Ming'we didn't blame him for moving away from her. Though she would look away from him with a hurt expression to focus on Callum as he came closer. "The extremists... they left me for dead in a ravine." Ming had actually thought that she might die there but she had been saved by a Sauti native and brought home to the land of winds. "I ended up hating them as much as they hated me. I turned away from them completely and... Minga and his mother-" Her mother too, "- they disowned me." That would explain to Callum that she had been alone ever since being left to die.

Turning her head to the side, away from Sol and Callum both, she continued. "I killed Alks during the battle, Cal. I let it eat at me. To the point that my boyfriend and I grew apart. He couldn't reach me anymore and neither of us were happy. When he left.. I hated myself just for having a resemblance to the alks. I thought I could get rid of all traces. I cut my antennae off.." Her voice trembled. The pain she had experienced when she had done that.. it had been more excruciating than having her body abused by the extremists. Ming'we was surprised that she had even been able to finish before loosing consciousness. "I had even thought about flaying my own skin to get rid of the markings." Tears ran down her cheeks as she recalled the bottom she had hit.

But she turned her head to look directly at Sol. "I was going to attend the festival one year and I saw this hybrid boy. He stood out so much that I was so angry at him and his parents. I thought it was cruel to have such a child brought into the world." Ming'we let out a whimper. This part she hadn't wanted to really tell but it was crucial for the boy to understand just where she had been. "I was disgusted. Then I saw the boy's father. It was my own brother. In that moment I realized I had been so hateful that I was was willing to hate a child that had done nothing to me. Not just any child either, but my own nephew. So I watched this little boy and the more I did the more I felt the pain inside. I wasn't disgusted with Sol.. I was disgusted with myself. He was my star, the shining point in my dark place." When she finally spilled it all out she looked at Callum. "Ever since then I have relearned to love who I am." To say that her cheeks were burning with embarrassment, with shame, was an understatement. Ming'we did manage to glance at Sol again to thank him.  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:22 pm
Callum's expression hardened the moment she started to speak. They left her...in a ravine? He shouldn't have expected less from the heartless women, but Callum hadn't thought...That day he had been fighting beside Talisia against the extremists, and knew of Ming'we being nearby. In an instant he had taken a sword to his side, and had it not been for Talisia's quick thinking neither one of them would have made it out.

He should have gone back to look for her once he was healthy. The recovery had been long, longer still once infection set in, but he could have- Callum took a deep breath, and let it out on a slow exhale. There was nothing to be done about that now; now, all they had was the future.

And then Minga...The man Callum had considered brother, turning away his sister, his blood sister...

"The festival..." Callum mused, turning to look at Sol as well, but visually seeing a much younger boy. A younger boy who had tried to make friends with a family of icelings. A boy who, much like his father, had no idea what an effect his existence would have on an onlooker. "...if the alkidike had their way Sol wouldn't even be here." When Callum spoke his voice was low, "Nimueh and I...Nimueh was a devout follower of Aisha. He kept his hair in dreads, even followed her teachings from Zena, but because he chose an earthling trade the elders turned us away. " He didn't know why he was telling it; just that, at the moment, it felt right. Like Ming'we needed to know; that his son needed to know. Oh, he was sure the boy had heard the story before, but to hear the emotional impact..."I had always respected their ways; how could I not? I knew so many who had been born of Aisha and I just thought...I thought she would be able to hear him. That even if she denied us children that surely she wouldn't turn him away, but they did. For a while I don't think either one of us thought a family was possible; not in the way we had once dreamed. Then we found our surrogate and-" Callum gave a sardonic chuckle, "-wouldn't you know it but she was half alkidike herself. She's the only reason my children look so much like their Baba; because of that woman. But it didn't erase the hate. Nimueh left to visit with his family for a few months and when he returned to me his dreads were gone. For such a long time I hated the alkidike for what they had done, but I realized something. I hated them, but never Aisha. Without Aisha I would have met Nimueh, or had my children. Without her my sister wouldn't be here, and for that reason alone, I add her to my prayers every night. "

He moved closer to embrace her, and held the crying woman close.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2016 6:34 pm
Heras Box

Sol was exceedingly glad that he hadn't been born during the extremist war. Almost everyone had a scary story or two depicting vicious women raining terror down upon everyone. It had painted an ugly vision for the entire race, one several other sisters tried erase.

"...I'm sorry for you. I'm sorry that you couldn't love yourself and I'm sorry that the only way you knew how to make it better was to..."
Well, his hand went to his antennae, showing as much telling what he meant. He watched as his father moved closer to embrace her, but Sol...he had a lot to think about. Not only what Ming'we had divulged, but also everything his father had spoken of. Papa never said a cross word about anyone if he could help it, but he hated the alkidike? The elders, anyway.

"We love you, Auntie Ming, and if you ever forget to love yourself then let us do it for you."
When he spoke he stood a little taller, antennae standing a little straighter. "How you look isn't as important as how you feel, though. If you want to be an alkidike, then be one, if you don't want to be then who cares? Be you; that's what Papa says, anyway." He looked to Callum briefly for confirmation, and smiled a little when the older man nodded.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2016 3:55 pm
Painted Moose

She listened to the tale that Callum shared. Though it didn't explain away the added scars he had. When he hugged her she returned the affection, clinging to the man she considered her brother. Then as Sol spoke up she looked at him and extended an arm to include him in the hug. This is what she needed. Family. "Thank you both." It might be all she could some up with at the moment but her gratitude toward them went far beyond those three simple words. "I guess I'll have to give you a niece or nephew to spoil too huh?" Ming said with a small laugh. Of course she was partly serious. After she'd seen Sol as a child and realized who he was to her she had started to think about children of her own. Of course that would require there to be someone in her life. As of now, there was no one.

With a final sniffle she shook her head and eyed Callum a it more closely. "Now.. explain." Her hands motioned to his person in general. "Explain this. Why do you have more scars? Who put them there?" After that she reached up with both hands and wiped her cheeks. She wanted to be at least somewhat normal as she gave her brother the sisterly attention he clearly deserved now.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:29 pm
Sol went into the hug, not as begrudgingly or awkwardly as before, but still a little edgy. This whole trip hadn't been what he had signed up for, and there was no doubt in his mind that Ygriane would have been able to navigate this better.

"Maybe we can move this to the inn? I'm worried about Sev taking off."
Faulina was trained enough to know when to stay put, but Sev...she may have been fully grown, but the raptrix was still an overgrown pup. Even now he could catch glimpses of her out of the corner of his eye, swatting and snapping at her own tail.

At least, at the inn, he could get her settled into a pen without worry of her chasing a random moracker.

And the adults could have a comfortable place to catch up.

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2016 12:37 pm
Heras Box

"Some day when you're ready." Callum chuckled. It would be nice to have a little one around again. He had been gone for so much of his own childrens' childhoods that it sometimes felt as if he'd been robbed. Or worse; that he'd robbed them. The swordsman was sure he wouldn't make the same mistake for Ming'we's kids; at least, that was his hope.

"Ah, well."
Callum awkwardly looked down at his exposed chest and sighed. There really was no getting around this, was there? "Where should I started?" He awkwardly chuckled, trying to keep things as light as possible. "This was from the war-" He pointed to a stab wound on his lower left,"-where an alkidike tried to cut me in half. It never healed right; I think because of the infection. These-" next he pointed to his neck, collarbone and chest, where a gathering of bite and claw wound gathered, "are from a sermal. And this-" His hand hesitated over his exposed hip, where a burned brand stood out. Callum quickly pulled his shirt together to hide it."-was from Oba. All best left in the past."

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2016 12:07 pm
Painted Moose

Ming listened as Callum told her where his scars came from, her eyes following his hand as he pointed. The war scars she was none too pleased with, but she understood how they got there. The others from beasts were practically inevitable. But then he told her he had scars from Oba and her eyes narrowed. The blonde had a sneaking suspicion that he didn't want to speak about it in front of Sol. Whether or not the boy knew the tale was a mystery. So she remained silent, though her squint was directed at Callum a bit more fiercely. He would tell her. Mayhaps not now, but he would.

Blinking and giving her attention to Sol she smiled. "An inn would be nice." Ming nodded and let her gaze go toward the animals that her family had with them. "I have no beastly companion so forgive me for being oblivious." Ming'we motioned for the two of them to get their creatures. "There is an inn to the west of here. I believe it is owned by a Zenan."  

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:08 am
"That sounds perfect." Callum motioned for Faulina to come to him, which she did, if only because Sev had woken up just long enough to become a bother. The raptrix was trying to play with her tail feathers, which was nothing more than a nuisance to Faulina.

"Would you prefer we walk, or...would you like to ride?"
He grinned, stroking Faulina's beak. "It wouldn't take long to saddle back up." After all, Sev was the only one truly 'free' of her saddle, and Callum knew his son could have her ready to go at a moment's notice.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:14 am
Heras Box
We can wrap it up with your next post. c:

Sol groaned. Now that Faulina was with his father once more that meant that Sev had no way to channel her energy...so she ran full force at him instead. "SEV, HEEL." And she did...pity it was a little late, though.

The raptrix slid to a stop in front of her master, plopping down on her chubby rump a little too close to him. Although she herself didn't make contact, her wings did and Sol found himself falling onto his back with an audible 'thud!'

What made matters worse was that as soon as Callum found out his son was alright, he started laughing. Just the sight of this great, winged beast lolling her tongue so easy next to his scowling song was enough to set it off it seemed. Sol didn't find it funny at all; especially not when he tried to get up and all Sev wanted to do was keep him down to lick on him!

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

Heras Box

Mythical Wolf

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 11:28 am
Painted Moose
Hope Sev plays fetch! XD

"Walking will work." Ming had never flown and she wasn't so sure she wanted to start now. Even if Faulina gave her a cute look she still wasn't going to leave the ground.

Then she was met with a spectacle that she could only blink at for a few moments then giggle. "Poor Sol." The fact that her nephew couldn't get up because of the raptrix licking him was even more amusing and Ming'we shook her head. She stepped away and picked up a good sized stick then gave a whistle. "Sev! C'mon!" She waved the stick to get the beasts attention. If she had to then she would play with the beast. If only because she didn't think Sol wanted his father to laugh at him. Ming would even play with Sev all the way to the Inn.  
◈ RP Graveyard

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff