Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Why am I so bad at this (Finn/Hattie) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:52 pm
"Ya I guess, if someone likes plain old trout." He shot back without missing a beat. "I'm sure you'll make someone who hates themselves very happy, someday~" He smirked, and then turned to make his way towards his dresser, and his pack of smokes, turning back when she jumped off of the counter to approach him.

His gaze might have narrowed a little. "I guess if I ever wasn't single, than that is no longer the case." He said, and then slid out a cigarette to put between his lips.

enoh lovex

PostPosted: Wed Nov 18, 2015 6:40 pm
Hattie gave him a sympathetic look. "I know you're just acting out. It's okay." She pat his shoulder, her hand heavy as if smacking the weight of the world onto him. "It's natural to be upset. I mean, you'll never have a chance at this~" A small gesture to herself, and a short laugh followed. "In all seriousness, you're a jerk. But you're a cute jerk, so it's okay." Her head tilted as he tried to be cryptic about this apparent single status.

"You wanna talk about it, big guy?"

Seussi

Enoh Love

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 8:46 am
He lit the cigarette and took in a deep breath while giving her the absolute flattest expression he possibly could, exhaling before speaking again. "God help me if I ever lower my standards enough to be suitable for you."

He shrugged his shoulders when she simultaneously insulted and complimented him, moving off to find an ashtray with an automatic response of, "Cute's for describing babies, and I'm not a baby."

Sitting on the edge if his bed so that he was near the ashtray on his nightstand, he was silent for a moderate stretch of time, considering whether or not he actually wanted to talk about it, or rather, if there was really anything that could be said.

Finally he settled on "Well, it was a casual thing, and then it became less of a casual thing, and then it became an 'it's over' thing. Not much more to it and not much I can do about it except move on." He shrugged again, and took another long drag off of his cigarette.

"What about you, darling? Single? Occasional shacking up of the ******** buddy persuasion? Exclusive? I might as well return the favour and pretend I care."

enoh love

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:29 am
Harley stuck her tongue out at him, completely unfazed by his repeated attempts to take her down a few pegs. Her self esteem was much too high to listen to someone like him. When he argued being called cute, she only laughed.

"You're right, I'm sorry, you're not cute at all." She did not, however, offer alternatives. Blue eyes followed him as he took a seat on the bed, and after a pause she wandered over to take a seat beside him. She crossed her legs, and propped herself up on her knee, her hand under her chin. Unsurprisingly, he was giving her nothing to work with but the very bare bones of literally any unsuccessful relationship in existence: they started, they ended.

"Aw man, that's rough. I'm sorry." Reaching out, she pat his knee, and gave it a little bit of a squeeze. He turned the question back on her, and added a little biting comment at the end that made her chuckle. "You're so charming, you know that? A regular Prince." Her sympathetic smile turned into a small grin, and she shook her head. "If you must know, I'm single, non-exclusive, and I must say, I also make an excellent bedwarmer." But, of course, she wasn't particularly <******** buddy material...but she could still warm some beds.

"Alright…you know what else? You're not usually this mean to me. That person musta messed you up." He was abrasive yes, but today he was just plain awful. "Are you really gonna to be okay, big guy?"

seussi

Enoh Love

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2015 9:24 pm
"Exactly. Thank you." He wasn't bothered that she didn't offer a better compliment in the place of the initial one. He never really expected anybody to offer him compliments at all, really, when he was being his usual abrasive self.

He gave no response to her condolences, or her small effort towards physical comfort in the form of a light leg squeeze. He just continued to puff away on his cigarette, staring at the wall across the room, a small smirk alighting his lips only when she began talking again.

She reminded him of somebody, and it was somebody that he missed, but that he hadn't seen in a long time. Despite everything, he was beginning to enjoy her company, and mostly because she chose not to take his s**t, but wasn't a total b***h about it.

He stopped staring at the wall, and turned to face her, considering her for a long moment before speaking. "Really? I'm feeling a bit dubious on whether you'd be excellent. I might need a demonstration." His smirk turned into a grin of his own, but his was, as usual, cool and distant.

But than it was back to a topic he probably would have been happier avoiding. She raised a good point, however. He hadn't really been an a*****e towards her before now, though it was certainly in his nature to be one almost all of the time. Had his relationship with Ripley softened him?

He frowned. "I guess I was just happy, before. Also, I don't feel like I can answer that. We aren't exactly given a good life expectancy, here. Who's to say if I'll even have the time to be okay?" He paused, finished his cigarette, and butted it out before saying anything else.

"This could be it. That could have really been it. My last chance. And what do I even ******** say? That it was good while it lasted? ******** that. Everything is s**t, now. I'm going to die, probably sometime soon, and everything is s**t."

enoh love

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:16 pm
"If you ask really nicely, I'd be happy to demonstrate!" She offered, or perhaps even challenged a little bit. It was nice of him to have grinned at her even a little bit, and even as cold as it was. It was a start, after all, and that seemed very important in the situation they were in now.

He was opening up to her, and that was more surprising than anything. From the get-go he had been guarded, but now, for some reason, he was opening up to her. She stared at him as he more or less spilled his guts, blinking at the amount of information he was giving. Then, perhaps a little slowly, it all sunk in. What he was saying, not just that he was saying it…and what he had to say was awful, depressing, and almost suicidal.

"Oh…Oh, honey, come here." She stretched her arms out, wrapping them around his shoulders to try and pull him against her in a squeezing hug. "You still have the chance at being happy again! Not being with someone isn't the end of the world, and it certainly won't be the cause of your end." If he had let her hold him, she'd take the opportunity to gently pat his head with one hand, the other still gripping his shoulder. "Just because we have a short life expectancy doesn't mean you're going to die tomorrow. You survived this long, haven't you? It's gotta be for a reason." She gave a hum, and lightly nudged the side of his head with her own.

"You're handsome, but you're not that handsome; you've gotta have at least some survival skills in that noggin' of yours." It was a tease, and a quiet one, but only because she wasn't really sure what to say otherwise. There was a small pause, as something bothered her.

"But um…if you were happy, why did it end...?"

seussi

Enoh Love

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 11:39 am
"I don't need to ask. You'll stay because you'll want to stay. It's not your fault, really, you can't help but feel extremely attracted to me. It's the eye patch. That, combined with my quick wit and delightful charm is drawing you in. I don't even have to do any work." He was beginning to loosen up a bit, to feel just slightly more human, though his tone was still bland, dry, the words coming without any real feeling forced into them.

After he had told her how he really felt, and when she tried to comfort him, he cringed away from the hug. "********, don't. I don't need that....Jesus, just stop, please." He had begun to frown at her, and scooted a little bit to the side in case she tried to hug him again. "Don't try to make me feel better with that sugar coated, sweet, ignorant crap, darling, I will seriously toss you out the ******** window."

He went silent for a moment when she did, and didn't like that silence. That silence meant that she was probably trying to think of something else to say.

Yep. There it was.

He sighed. "Because unforeseen circumstances insured that it would no longer make me happy, and since I was no longer happy, the logical next step was to end it."

Another pause, but this one of his own making.

Finally. "Do you like Adventure Time?"

enoh love

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 9:30 am
"Yeah-huh." Harley rolled her eyes, shaking her head. "Sure. You totally don't practice in the mirror." She laughed again, nudged him, and once he started to lean away from her attempted hug, she pouted.

"Aww, come on! Hugs are great." She whined, but she respected him enough to not try again. For now. She'd get him sooner or later. With a shrug, she continued on, and listened to his explanation. It didn't make sense to her: if it wasn't making him happy anymore, and he was better off without it in the first place, then why was he so upset? Shouldn't he have been relieved to cut out the very thing making him unhappy?

The logical conclusion she could draw was that he wasn't entirely unhappy with it. She looked like she was about to argue with him on it, but instead, she clicked her tongue at his very obvious change of subject.

"Err- only very! I mean, I know I'm being and all, because of this Hunter thing, but I do like it! I told you once that you were like, a hotter, older pirate Finn." She reminded him with a grin, letting the previous subject drop. "Why?"

Seussi

Enoh Love

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:51 pm
"Ya, I guess, if you're a ******** p***y."

Never mind that he had hugged Ripley once. That was completely different.

More than willing to change the subject now and to keep it changed, Finn gave Harley another cold smile.

"Well now you're definitely not leaving." Pushing himself up from the bed, he walked over to the t.v., and the stack of video games and DVDs that were located on one of the shelves beneath. Picking up the one that just happened to be on top, he held it up so she could see.

"Season one. Unless you'd rather play games instead?" A short pause. "I should specify, not of the kinky in bed kind, since I know that's what you're really here for."

enoh love

PostPosted: Sun Nov 22, 2015 4:08 pm
"Or you're a human and need human contact." Harley shot right back, rolling her eyes.

"Right. Yes. I'm not here to be a good friend, or to comfort you in any way." She said flatly, staring at him with a very unimpressed face, not even blinking. "I'm just here to save a horse." Her expression cracked and she started laughing again, holding her face which had gone an interesting shade of red. She rubbed her skin, hoping it would go away, and then looked up at him again, grinning.

"Anyway Cowboy, if we're gonna marathon this b***h…you got any snacks?"

seussi

Enoh Love

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out