Submit

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:31 pm
Oh! Good, they did have milk. ”Excellent!” she proclaimed, handing over the beetles, ”Most excellent!” Warm milk was on the way – it really was just the thing for such a cold and rainy night. ”Thank you!”

She returned to the purpleblood child at hand... ”Inappropriate?! Truly?!” She gave him an incredulous look and withdrew her hand. ”Thou art sure?” As she did so, she saw a very familiar winged troll child out of the corner of her gaze. She watched them carefully – Autumn. That was definitely Autumn, one of the children of Salamire. She was a long way from home... Keionx wondered if she should step in.

But no. Kei was also a long way from the swamp herself, and Troll children needed adventure. She could not stand in the way of exploration, not at the risk of being hypocritical. However, it did mean she needed to keep an eye on her. Her obligations meant that, if the child found themselves in trouble, Keionx would step in. Plus, she was not alone (was that a jadeblood or were Keionx's eyes decieving her?!)

Keionx, for her part, was busy being perplexed by a purpleblooded troll. ”Really.” she said, ”What of a long, wide towel or cloth of some nature? Would that not do?” She happened to be standing next to him, he confused her, and she didn't give up easily. She did, however, start looking for a seat to sit and watch and drink. There were many available seats, after all.

Doutei
YAY.

Yamashii
Just a mention pay little heed to meeee :3

Green Minuet
Go do your thing, swamp child. Try not to get in trouble

Lavender Hues
Ras can totally sass her and walk off now.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:34 pm
      Ⅱ Autumn Vikare

Autumn's eyes widened, pupils sparking in the lamplight as she listened to Amonee's requests. Both the things he listened sounded so fancy. She pictured small cups with elegant spires of cream, ribbons of chocolate syrup, and a dusting of cinnamon, and her mouth began to water. She had lucked out in finding the greenblood outside. Clearly, this was a troll who knew his way around; not only that he seemed generous enough to help her. From here on out, she decided, she would stick to him like glue.

While Autumn might have been enthralled by Amonee's know-how, the barista seemed less enthused. He visibly deflated, and Autumn felt a surge of pity. She pushed aside thoughts of the gourmet. Farewell, sweet brews. Besides, it was not like she had her pump biscuit set on something she had not tried before.

Before she could even feel truly disappointed, the barista put forth a suggestion. “That sounds wonderful!” Autumn exclaimed, clapping her hands in delight. Personalised sugar cubes? She wished she had thought to bring along her camera. Next time perhaps. “It's Autumn. A-U-T-U-M-N,” she told him. “Thank you” She then looked back to her greenblooded companion. “And thank you of course, Amonee. I'll go find a place for us to sit, while you two catch up, all right?” She gave him a friendly wink before whisking away.

There were only two tables available, one of which was currently occupied. Autumn made her way to the empty one and pulled out a chair. Sitting down, she glanced across to the neighbouring table, where an orangeblood sat reading a newspaper. She skimmed some of the headlines, curious, before deciding to engage the troll.

“Excuse me,” she said. She cleared her throat to get her attention. “Do you live around here?”

Yamashii
I entrust everything to you~.

Doutei
Good luck. LOL.

Sypon
Moth times two.

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

Yamashii

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 2:44 pm
Nucleo looked nervous at the request and Amonee felt a little bad. Had he gone overboard in his order? What kind of idiot was he- asking for such a complicated thing in a tiny shop like this! The greenblood stammered out a sugar cube suggestion and the jadeblood blinked in disbelief. Was that a thing these days? It seemed kind of weird to him. But Autumn lit up at the idea and eagerly spelled out her name for the trick. And he wanted to keep that smile on her face so he'd go along with it for now.

"Thank you, Autumn, I'll be right there." She left to find them a table and he found her thoughtfulness very kind. Until he realized she'd ditched him to go sit while he carried the drinks! What a clever troll, she was certainly fun.

"I didn't think a place like this would have edible paints. It sounds interesting! Is it chocolate? Or real paint?" The painter smiled with sort of confused amusement. He wasn't trying to put Nucleo's cafe down or anything, the idea had just taken him by surprise was all. He plucked out a few beetles from his bag and put them forward to pay for the drinks. How much was appropriate to tip? Amonee still struggled with mental math a little.

"So that's A-M-O-N-E-E. Like Amo-hey, remember? Nucle-yo." The jadeblood let out a laugh at the inside joke that Nucleo had no memory of. He beamed with happy feelings at their reunion and seemed a little uncertain as to why his friend seemed so anxious. The barista did a good job holding a smile on his face but the earlier look in his eyes had not gone unnoticed.

Green Minuet
haha genius idea, 'i'll go get the table' >lounges<

Doutei
good luck little nucleo, he means no harm

PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2016 12:05 am
          "Yes! We have tea. What kind would you like?" Placing a small box of different tea bags on the counter, Nucleo allowed Rastin to pick out his own flavor while he made a mental note to start some water. Just then the pretty moth girl started spelling out her name for him and he scrambled to grab a pen and paper to write it down. She had an easy to remember name but he was feeling flustered and hadn't realized until he'd already started writing. Hopefully she hadn't noticed and deemed him a weirdo!

"It's just chocolate." Nucleo laughed sheepishly. Man this boy was on a roll at deflating him tonight. But at least the scheme had worked and he now had Amonee's name! He still had no idea how or where he'd met the fellow but it wasn't important. He knew his cue was to laugh at the obvious inside joke and promptly did so with a light chuckle.

"I'll have your order ready in just a few moments." The barista nodded and turned to get to work. But oh there was so much to do and he felt like a terrible host not keeping the other trolls company! He'd started this business to give them a nice place to relax but also because he liked trolls and wanted to talk with them. Plus he had to find a brush or toothpicks to figure out how to write on the tiny little sugar cubes. Why had he picked something so small? Well he couldn't change it now, all there was to do was...

Suddenly, there were two Nucleos.

"I'll handle the sugarcubes." The second Nucleo nodded and began to hunt through the kitchen for a painting utensil. This was so common for them that they didn't really think about how the new revelation would impact the new customers of the shop. In fact, Nucleo thought this was the only way he'd manage to actually get it running! Free labor! He'd love to hire some real waiters and waitresses one day but his budget could not sustain it. So for now: clones.

"Oh, and the bathroom is just over there." The barista called out to the whole room with a smile, realizing he didn't have it labeled yet. Only then did he notice the blinking expressions.

"Is something wrong?"

Obviously, if anyone's character reacted more strongly to the reveal, that's okay! I just kept it vague for the purposes of this post but please react however you'd like! : )

Sypon

DraconicFeline

Yamashii

Green Minuet

Lavender Hues

Doutei

DraconicFeline

Hilarious Genius

9,175 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:43 am
Keionx Rutace

Keionx had found herself a suitable seat by the window and had settled in nicely when she looked over at the counter to idly check on the progress of her milk and... there were suddenly two of the drink-tender-kid.

What? she stared for a moment, confused. Where had they come from? They certainly hadn't been there before... perhaps this troll had a sneaky twin? Or, they had been in a back room of some sort and had come out when she hadn't been looking? That had to be it.

Keionx watched them, a little enviously. They worked so well together, so in synch with each other... she wished she and her twin had that, even a little bit. Those two were very lucky.

Quote:
Seat open near her, too, if anybody wants!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:58 pm
"Excuse me –“

"Oh, hello!" Panili looked into the eyes of the newspaper - oh! No... The eyes of the... Shoot. After a quick shake of her head, she refocused her attention on the actual, non-“figmentatious” troll that she saw in front of her. Her fuzzy hair and cute looks sharpened into view, and Panili finally remembered to fold up her newspaper and slap it flat onto the table. Now, what had she asked? Oh, right!

“Yes, ma’am! I’m a local, though this is my first time in this café. Did something give me away?” She smiled brightly. Panili inspected the newcomer. Perhaps her outfit wasn’t quite right for the weather today, but this yellowblood was no better! She was dressed like a tiny movie star – so curious! Panili adjusted in her seat and cocked her head. “If you’d like to take a seat you’re welcome to! It’s pretty snug in here.”

Green Minuet
spleet! we can go anywhere from here - i know folks wanted to wrap up

Sypon
Vice Captain

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:34 pm
      Ⅱ Autumn Vikare

“Well, how could I refuse such a generous offer?” Autumn said, offering a toothy but coy smile. Getting up, she hopped to the chair across from the orangeblood and gingerly seated herself. As Caterpal fluttered near her shoulder, she turned to look back at him. “Cat, save the other seat for Amonee, won't you? Thank you!” Ignoring the rude message he blinked out to her, she returned her attention to the orangeblood and clasped her hands in front of her. Meanwhile her lusus went to go sulk on the seat of the chair.

“Lucky guess,” Autumn went on to explain. “I've never been here before either. It's very lovely though. I adore all the decorations.” Back in the swamp, there was not much to dress the hives up with. As humble as the café was, for Autumn it was a palace. She sighed wistfully.

“I'm Autumn, by the way.” She extended a hand across the table to the orangeblood. Before she could ask the other girl's name, she caught sight of Nucleo dashing around behind her. Not just Nucleo though... Nucleo and another troll that happened to look just like him. Perhaps he had a twin. How unfortunate to have to share an identity like that.

Blinking, she focussed her gaze once more on the orangeblood and fixed her faltering smile. “Your name?”

Sypon
BLARF.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:47 pm
“Panili!” She responded, putting out her hand and then faltering. It was often best for the young orangeblood to take things slow – just in case a held out hand was one that was about to take place approximately five seconds in the future. After a short pause, she gave herself a quiet nod and took Autumn’s hand. “That’s a pretty name by the way!”

She gave a quick glance to Caterpal and bit her lip. He seemed a bit like her own lusus – cumbersome, a strange insect. She hoped that the resemblance didn’t foretell anything, but lusii were complicated. She regained her smile.

“Mm.” Panili went to grab her beverage and tapped it with her fingers. “So where are you from? You’re dressed so nicely I would think you were from the city!”

Green Minuet

Sypon
Vice Captain

Green Minuet

Greedy Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:08 am
      Ⅱ Autumn Vikare

Autumn missed Panili's hesitation, distracted as she was by the appearance of a second Nucleo. When the orangeblood took her hand and shook it, she returned her smile with one of her own. Her cheeks flushed gold at the compliment. Not just one, but two!

“Thank you!” She propped her chin on her hand. Idly, she played with a curl of hair, as she considered how to answer the orangeblood's question. Panili seemed nice enough, but Byakko had been firm: no one could know of the swamp village. “I wish. I like to follow what I can from magazines.” When she could get them. That thought went unspoken.

“I live further down the mountain.” Not a complete lie. “I had no idea how cold it would be up here. You must be used to it, hm?” She eyed Panili's light clothing.

Sypon
Shabam!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 1:18 pm
Rastin's eyes seemed to flicker with joy for an ever-so-short moment as he approached the counter and poured his thoughts over the selections of tea. The variety seemed wide, something that sent his lips curling up again, and he tapped his chin. Hmm, should he go for green tea? Lapsang? Rose? His lips pursed and puckered. ... Well, when in a new place, wasn't it always best to go for something familiar? He nodded to himself.

"I'll have a pot of green tea, if you wouldn't mind." He said, raising his gaze to look at Nucleo. He did blink a time or two when he saw that the boy behind the counter had suddenly doubled, but couldn't find it within him to question it.

"Oh, and uh... Take your time." He added, offering the other a weak, if not obligatory, smile.

Please punch me if I ever take this long again. 8E;

DraconicFeline

Doutei

Lavender Hues

Hatted Fatcat

Sypon
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 5:31 pm
“Oh! I see.” Panili responded. She must not have been as familiar with Busthind as she thought. “Yes, though my hive has a lovely heating system. I am quite fortunate to be as close to the sun as I am while still remaining safe.” She nodded, closing her eyes cheerily.

“So, magazines? What kind do you read? I scour practical novels, myself… Does keeping up with the city’s news include their technological advances and social stances?” Panili smiled and looked at her new acquaintance expectantly. The jump in dialogue didn’t seem out of place in the orangeblood’s mind; perhaps this refined troll had some intellectual potential!

Green Minuet
Rises from the grave

Alternia RP

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas