Reply ◈ Archives
[FIN] Rain Isn't the Only Problem [Nyiim/Xilarn] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bobaTJ

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 3:43 pm
He watched the young man rise and curse his existence with apparent disinterest. It was the same casual, locked sort of gaze he'd had before while pondering the Oban's existence. This time, though, he was more concerned with whether he'd be able to stand or string together a sentence.

"I did," he responded with a nod. He just as easily could have left the unconscious Oban to whatever fate would come while he lay unconscious on the tavern floor, but that wasn't like him. Neither was sarcasm, so that conditional remained solely in his head. Instead the corner of his lips perked up slightly. Oh, so there wouldn't be any complaints this time? No smart remarks or admonishing side-comments? Amused, he shook his head and offered a hand.

"Nyiim. I've never met an Oban outside of battle before." And that too had been from a fair distance or with captives, although he couldn't place which section Xilarn might fit into with his vaguely familiar face.

Fluffesu

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 11:34 am
grasshopper pie

Xilarn's narrowed clay-colored orbs scraped across the other man. He didn't seem particularly violent, and for all his mass, the stranger didn't appear to be all that interested in a fight either, especially if the escaped bandits were any indication. With an uncertain hum, Xil slid into a chair across from Leaf Man, scrutinizing him critically. "Well... Thank you, then. I guess." For actually sitting by him when most others would've left... He still wouldn't exactly classify Nyiim as 'friendly,' though. But then 'friendly' was a word Xil didn't put toward many people.

The Fire lad's lashes flit closed as he gazed at the tabletop before him. "Well," he grumbled, "You aren't missing much then, I suppose... We're not all that different from your kind," Xilarn admitted, though he didn't sound particularly thrilled about it. "Just more foul-natured and entitled to everything and outright disrespectful to anyone that doesn't look like them or think like them or act like them. It's quite disheartening, really."

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

bobaTJ

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 4:16 pm
What was that? Had the Oban boy just thanked him? For all he liked to assume the good in people, he hadn't been expecting that. Nyiim offered a small nod in response.

"It would be too easy to hate your people," he said finally. Of course every tribe had its own downfalls. Racism still existed amongst them without the presence of Obans. "We have our own share of entitled fools and bigots. I have no doubt you've met some of them. So you've left Oba, then? Do you live here now?" That couldn't be an easy life, an Oban amongst those his people had tried to oppress. Treaties aside, not many took kindly to Obans. Really, he would have expected racism in himself for how small his world had been not long ago. Or maybe it had been small enough to break open freely. Whatever the reason, he was only slightly annoyed with the man before him, and not for the color of his skin and eyes.

Fluffesu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:18 pm
grasshopper pie

Xilarn scoffed, the sound muffled and quiet and tucked into the fabric of the cloak around his neck. It was easy to hate his people. So easy that it came naturally to... well, the vast majority of people Xil knew, to be honest. Even many of the Obans he knew disliked a vast array of other Obans. Not that he would come right out and say that. Instead, he should be grateful. Nyiim seemed patient, level-headed, thoughtful, almost. These were all suddenly very positive things in the world the Fire boy lived in, and he couldn't help but appreciate them, even in a savage Leaf.

On the other hand, he wasn't exactly thrilled for people to know of him as a deserter, whether it was true or not. And he found himself pinching his lip between his teeth as he thought of what to say. People were never great sources of 'trust' for him, but after the events of the last several minutes... "I- Yeah... I guess so," Xilarn finally admitted. "I was thinking of moving to Sauti, actually. It seems far enough displaced from everything, without being as dreadfully barren as Zena. But-" He shrugged. "I dunno. I've never been, so who knows what the future could bring."

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

bobaTJ

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2015 6:36 pm
"Sauti is nice. Big and empty, though. Unforgiving." Actually he had heard Oba was quite the same. Maybe it was the closest to home Xilarn could come, but then it wasn't really his place to judge. Life had to be pretty difficult as an Oban outside Oba, considering the other Earthlings' opinions of past interactions.

The furthest thing from his mind was the word 'deserter,' though. He had always lived in one place, always amongst his own people, but struck out at random on a whim. Some people traveled constantly, like Niadra. Some people loathed their settlement or its people people so much that they had to leave. You had to be true to your nature, in his opinion. So Xilarn had left Oba, so what?

"I prefer Tale, but I'm clearly biased." He offered a little smile then and a nod. "Well. Now that I know you're alive, I should probably be heading out. My raptrix would much rather have chewed on a few of those looters. If you'd like to replace your spear, there's a weaponsmith here in the settlement." Something kind in his chest wanted to offer a place to stay should he need it, but no. This young man was not the type to take an offer like that and just let it be. To avoid more bickering, he didn't mention it at all.

Fluffesu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:25 am
grasshopper pie
Last one for me~

'Empty' and 'unforgiving' weren't exactly words Xil would use to describe something 'nice,' and he found a wayward half-smile sprouting to his face at the Leaf's description. Sounded almost perfect, really. 'Empty,' he liked the sound of that.

His gaze flickered to the door, where he distinctly remembered hearing sounds of a barking raptrix during the fight. The sounds had made him wonder what his own beast, Gadot was up to, or where the creature even was for that matter. His raptrix could be protective and useful in sorry situations, but it had more free spirit than loyalty, and he tended to wander with the wind. "If that's the case, I should probably be setting off as well," he admitted on a low hum.

He rose from his chair and turned to face Nyiim, giving a slight dip of his head as a semblance of gratitude. "I'll... have to look into that smith," Xil admitted, his nose scrunching slightly in thought. He'd made his first weapon himself, but... maybe something more proper suited him better, anyway. In any event, the trees were different here than in Juahar. And it seemed like a lot of effort to go though to make a wooden spear. At the thought of something metal, his spirits lifted. With a twitch of his fingers in farewell, the Fire lad murmured, "Safe travels," and headed for the door.

Fluffesu

Fluff Seeker

bobaTJ

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:17 am
In their last moments of interaction, the Oban seemed somehow more earnest. His grumpiness and bad attitude had somewhat melted away, and All Nyiim could do was hope hat wasn't some sign of cranial damage. he lifted a hand and nodded himself to big the young man farewell, and tipped back the rest of his mug before leaving himself, Bosede energized and prancing at his heels.

Fluffesu
and that's a wrap!

◈ Archives

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas