Welcome to Gaia! ::

RP for Fantasy, Love, and Action

Back to Guilds

A fun place to role-play with Gaians of all ages and skill levels in a variety of genres 

Tags: Roleplaying, RPing, Fantasy, Romance, Action 

Reply Chatterbox Main - Forum Games, Discussion, Contests, etc.
Is this guild mostly inactive now? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Drunken Aunt Coral

Tipsy Sex Symbol

12,975 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:02 pm
Skreemer

Right, right. Condensing I think would make it less confusing for any newcomers. Right now it's a bit confusing, IMO.

Letting large groups use their own sub forum though could be useful. Just have a sort of rule as to how many characters there have to be and how big the world is that they are creating. I could see it working out rather well that way.

I would just really love to see people more active on here.

Would a community wide event interest you at all? And if so what elements would you want to see in it?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:05 pm
EucalyptusCoral
me know it all

Hmm, I see what you mean there. Many could be good. And I wouldn't know at first. I'm just looking at them and I feel there are too many right now. For any new comers it could seem overwhelming.

i see, it ok if you squish things some....seams like not many persons active right now.......?

we like fiction/fantasy (dragon) RPs, so leave that one open.
(may post our own, if we find none....)  

me know it all

Magic Pyromaniac

21,275 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:52 pm
EucalyptusCoral
Skreemer

Right, right. Condensing I think would make it less confusing for any newcomers. Right now it's a bit confusing, IMO.

Letting large groups use their own sub forum though could be useful. Just have a sort of rule as to how many characters there have to be and how big the world is that they are creating. I could see it working out rather well that way.

I would just really love to see people more active on here.

Would a community wide event interest you at all? And if so what elements would you want to see in it?

I'd like to see a coming together of stories. Like worlds bleeding into each other. Magical knights and girls suddenly finding themselves in a mecha-war. Cowboys battling urban mages. Set up three linked main stories, allow cross over. If required, I'll step up to write one. Consider this like when DC choose to reboot their multiverses. A new chance at doing things with a less confused identity.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 7:15 pm
Skreemer

me know it all

I'm still here guys. I can't do much at the moment without talking to the captain and I'm guessing she is busy with real life stuff. ^^ Hopefully I hear from her soon and we can start working something out.

Drunken Aunt Coral

Tipsy Sex Symbol

12,975 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:29 am
I remember when the guild had hundreds of active members daily with forums with a solid page or 2 of active rp's.

To achieve that status again, the crew will have to work much harder...the way they used to.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=5&t=24028685#362391699

Along with the above, I suggest moving forward with new members and new crew if necessary. Most are stagnant as you can see in the member list.

Easiest way to bring in members may be to encourage barton town and other rp'ing guild members to bring their newly started rp's to this guild.

Guild wide events do not need to be a focus until you get more people.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 4:20 pm
EucalyptusCoral
Skreemer

me know it all

I'm still here guys. I can't do much at the moment without talking to the captain and I'm guessing she is busy with real life stuff. ^^ Hopefully I hear from her soon and we can start working something out.

the novama has some ideas, new members will help up activity some....
old members are hard to get back sometimes....when they no log on anymore....

though we can still plan guild wide events, so they run smoothly when the time comes.  

me know it all

Magic Pyromaniac

21,275 Points
  • Member 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Bowiethenifty

Interesting Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:54 pm
me know it all
EucalyptusCoral
Skreemer

me know it all

though we can still plan guild wide events, so they run smoothly when the time comes.

Old members are difficult to get back, me being one myself. I just happen to come across this guild seeing this thread pop up in the guild. Honestly if I could say something. A lot of the old members have moved on it seems. Life gets put before everything and role playing becomes more of a chore then a fun thing to do. Don't mean to sound disheartening about it but that is what I think happened.

To get things back we do need new members, ones more active and fresh. Getting a couple of active role plays started might spark things up a bit. One thing I liked about this guild is that you could post any kind of RP you desired or find one of interest. Now these days I barely see any group role plays come out of this guild. Mainly it is 1x1's. I would actually be willing to start a role play to jump start things with the current active members. Something that can easily be joined and offer input from new members as well. This would be more fantasy based of course but I figured I would mention it to everyone here.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 6:18 pm
Novama
I remember when the guild had hundreds of active members daily with forums with a solid page or 2 of active rp's.

To achieve that status again, the crew will have to work much harder...the way they used to.

http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?page=5&t=24028685#362391699

Along with the above, I suggest moving forward with new members and new crew if necessary. Most are stagnant as you can see in the member list.

Easiest way to bring in members may be to encourage barton town and other rp'ing guild members to bring their newly started rp's to this guild.

Guild wide events do not need to be a focus until you get more people.

While I appreciate your ambition and your suggestions, there is currently nothing I can do save for a guild wide RP that would bring in more active members and hopefully promote our current members to become more active.

I read over your suggestions that you posted and have a few comments of my own on them.

The first and foremost thing I would like to address is making the guild public again. With how the guild is now, bring in people that AREN'T apart of the guild would only make it more chaotic. That is something that would have to be really talked about after we get the guild in tip-top shape.

Condensing the forums to something a little more... cleaner, is something I'm also looking into and attempting to talk with the guild captain about.

As for the other points, be assured that is something that is a concern of mine. I've been here, trying to figure everything out right now, and as a VC, I think I have the liberty to do a crew call out for the current crew members to see who is still active and interested in assisting in making this guild as great as it once was.

Drunken Aunt Coral

Tipsy Sex Symbol

12,975 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Drunken Aunt Coral

Tipsy Sex Symbol

12,975 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:39 pm
Xcon299
me know it all
EucalyptusCoral
Skreemer

me know it all

Old members are difficult to get back, me being one myself. I just happen to come across this guild seeing this thread pop up in the guild. Honestly if I could say something. A lot of the old members have moved on it seems. Life gets put before everything and role playing becomes more of a chore then a fun thing to do. Don't mean to sound disheartening about it but that is what I think happened.

To get things back we do need new members, ones more active and fresh. Getting a couple of active role plays started might spark things up a bit. One thing I liked about this guild is that you could post any kind of RP you desired or find one of interest. Now these days I barely see any group role plays come out of this guild. Mainly it is 1x1's. I would actually be willing to start a role play to jump start things with the current active members. Something that can easily be joined and offer input from new members as well. This would be more fantasy based of course but I figured I would mention it to everyone here.

I see what you mean by old people leave, but tha's just the way it is.

There is a specific thread though with new members that join everyday. We could always go through those and find new members to recruit and the like.

But I digress.

I think it would be an excellent idea. I'd be willing to join if you were to make one! :3

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 7:57 pm
EucalyptusCoral

There is a specific thread though with new members that join everyday. We could always go through those and find new members to recruit and the like.

But I digress.

I think it would be an excellent idea. I'd be willing to join if you were to make one! :3

If there is anyway I can help just let me know. Though I was thinking for this rp to make it a bit open world. Make it easy for people to come in and add to the story. I will inform you when it is up if you would like that.  

Bowiethenifty

Interesting Dabbler

KiraxBingBing-Chan

Aged Guildswoman

8,400 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:20 pm
The guild is not as active as it once was sadly. Still, I know quite a few of my old crew are still active in the guild when new role plays pop up. So I do know if an interesting role play appears you will get people that join in. It may not look as active as it once did, but the best role players that are a part of this guild linger in the shadows waiting for things to grab their attention  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:43 pm
Xcon299
EucalyptusCoral

But I digress.

If there is anyway I can help just let me know. Though I was thinking for this rp to make it a bit open world. Make it easy for people to come in and add to the story. I will inform you when it is up if you would like that.

Well thank you for the offer, but right now I'm waiting to hear from other crew members. I can't really move as I'm not the actual Captain. ^^;

I think an open world would be great! And I would love to know! I'd be happy to come in and join! I even have a character that is already set up that I could use. :3

Drunken Aunt Coral

Tipsy Sex Symbol

12,975 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Drunken Aunt Coral

Tipsy Sex Symbol

12,975 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 8:44 pm
KiraxBingBing-Chan
The guild is not as active as it once was sadly. Still, I know quite a few of my old crew are still active in the guild when new role plays pop up. So I do know if an interesting role play appears you will get people that join in. It may not look as active as it once did, but the best role players that are a part of this guild linger in the shadows waiting for things to grab their attention

^ Fact. Some people don't leave, but rather they linger until they find something to join and be apart of once again!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:47 pm
I'm ready to help out with whatever I can. I've seen a few really good Rps die because everyone left. I've also seen a bunch of great story ideas left untouched because they get buried beneath the older Rps.  

Krylancelo Mooncrest

Angelic Hunter

Novama
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 8:24 am
Folks appear ready to help. I see a thread of capable folk just needing direction.

I see, however, that there is no one currently taking the initiative and leading.

I encourage you all to hit up barton and the newcomer thread. You will find tons of fresh rp's, rp'ers, and gaians just waiting for a compliment and an encouraging word before they'll join the clan with their rp skills and ideas.

You do not need captain, vice captain, or crew powers or pull in order to invite your friends and newcomers to this guild. You do not need to know someone to say "Hey, you have an amazing thread. It would be so awesome if you ran that thread in our roleplaying guild".

Changing the guild to a public guild would allow the rp'ers and their rp's to move seamlessly from other guilds and barton without having to wait for someone to accept them into the guild....The only reason we made the guild private was to cut down on the trolls that were more frequent in those days. Now that next to no one is in the guild anymore, we do not need that protection since the mods can easily see trouble.  
Chatterbox Main - Forum Games, Discussion, Contests, etc.

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games