Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] So 2 Tsun's & A Little Sister Walk Into A Bar (JLA) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Sun Sep 21, 2014 11:55 pm
The teetering wasn't a problem, nor was the grumbling that sounded awfully familiar, even the bit of wobbling from her Ent friend was all taken in stride (though not Abbi's because she was hanging on as easy as you please). What was really the problem was...
"AK! AK! How cute, you can call me AK-Chan!" No, no that wasn't the problem either. A small noise of exertion left her as she hoisted herself up higher, glad Jack hadn't deigned it appropriate to toss her off and gallop away into the night.
"Oh man, Craigslist has a hook up place? Huh, interesting. I thought they just sold couches and shoddy jobs. Anyways!" A hand gestured between the prostrated Leslie and the Jack-mobile.
"You're each others' dates! You're perfect for one another, grumpy and cynical! And now you probably both hate me!"

Since she was so close, and feeling particularly affectionate just in case, Abbi smooshed a kiss to Jack's cheek.
"Don't hate me, Jackie Chan. But I'll buy you drinks and dinner and not bother you at all!"
{ Wozzit phrase ye like? Liar, liar, pants on fire? Ye're na wearin' pants }
A+ picking up on Human phrases, also still applies regardless of leg wear.
The ghost accepted this and said nothing else, actually finding herself enjoying the scenario playing out. Particularly she appreciated the kneeing of the street rat, but Abbi was just glad her headmate was agreeing to something she'd done that had previously been advised against.

"ALRIGHT PORTAL DUDES... And Ladies. Any ladies on duty tonight? Hiya dudettes... Anyways... SET US UP WITH THE CLOSEST OLIVE GARDEN. NOT IN DETROIT, OHIO, OR CONNECTICUT, IF YA DON'T MIND!" Hopefully the Lighthouse workers would just shove them all through without questions. Hopefully there would be no shoving of gingers tonight either...

medigel
cherno astra

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:55 pm
It took him a moment to truly grasp the situation: no one would ever make the mistake of calling Leslie smart, after all. She'd even shoved the pair of them through the portal, and since it was just leave, he hadn't even had a chance to pick up a pendant off the table.

It took until they were standing in an alley near the closest Olive Garden (that was not in Detroit, Ohio, or Connecticut) for him to realise how he'd been framed.

"Abbi," he said, voice quiet and calm in a way it had never been with her, with fury and hatred and betrayal wound up in one, casting a furious glance her way. Both of his fists clenched, tight enough that he was close to drawing blood.

"You set me up on a date with a man? You ******** know how I feel about this." Leslie was about ten seconds away from summoning his weapon, consequences be damned, and duking it out in the middle of the ******** street. "I'm not a f*****t."

AyeAvast

medigel

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 12:58 pm
There wasn't any particular reason at all Jack knew people could hook up on Craigslist.

"I'm calling you a thing, you useless piece of what."

He rounded on Abbi, revolted. Well, he would have rounded on her if she wasn't still on his back. It turned into a semi-circle of absolute disgust that not even the previously applied drinks could mask.

And then they were outside.

The reality of his situation sank in. Jack's eyes narrowed, his fingers curling into fists, and he wiped the imprint of Abbi's kiss off on his shoulder with a soft growl. It was one thing to get it from the guys--he was pretty sure that was their favorite little joke--but he had expected better from Abbi. He didn't know why, seeing as there was no real reason to. Everyone ******** sucked. Even Leslie looked angry instead of pathetic, and that was saying something.

"Killian, get off of me," Jack said evenly. "And then explain why the ******** you thought this was a good idea."

AyeAvast

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 8:39 pm
A squeak left the girl as she was twirled around in strange circles, her hands clutching at Jack's clothing to keep on board, but fast to scurry down from him when his voice got lower. Leslie had adopted the same tone and Abbi finally caught on to precisely what she had done. What was worse was that they both sounded like her father, and she hadn't heard that in over a year so it was all the more unsettling.
Maybe that was why her hands began to shake and she bounced a watery gaze between them before turning her face down far enough that orange bangs covered her eyes.
"Its not what you think! Not really!" A hand tugged at the bottom of her skirt, moved her purse around so that it lay on her hip. "I don't think... Its not that you... Either of you... I just... It was supposed to be funny--" Glob, was she really going to cry? Really?

She took a deep breath, fixed a wobbly, uncertain smile on her mouth and lifted both hands, palm up, to explain.
"You're both super grumpy, like all the time, and you both like... Getting around." In a manner of speaking... "And you're like sort of friends? So I thought it might be fun to have like... A guy date! Not yanno... A date date. Just a dude dinner!" Girls could go out to eat like this, why not guys?

{ Why did ye come along then? }
I can literally only handle one problem at a time right now and I might die shut up ILU shut up
"You both need to calm down, ok? Like... Not just right now. Right now is good too! But I mean... You're both so wound up? Look. I-D-K. I thought..." Abbi sighed, pursed her lips and dropped her head again. Honestly, she wanted the same done for her, so instead of getting it done herself she did it waywardly for others. It was stupid, she had been stupid, and thought they would have seen the humor too. As if it were possible to bring the two most snappish men she knew together and expect them to laugh over it.
"I thought you guys could... Hang out. Be better friends or something. I-D-K. You don't have to stay." The strength in her voice had dwindled until it disappeared into sounding completely forlorn. She wouldn't lift her head to look at them and clutched to her purse, staring at her feet, waiting for them to leave.

cherno astra

medigel

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:23 pm
"Aw, Christ, Abbi," Leslie said, visibly grimacing as it looked like she might cry. "Don't do that thing. Don't do that thing, with the tears and your face, jesus." He sounded equally annoyed and a little worried about the possibility, and crossed his arms to sulk more.

And, finally, after much scrutiny of her-- and deciding she was pretty down, even if she was maybe playing it up-- and Jack-- who looked as surprised and disappointed as he did drunk-- Leslie sighed. Long and hard.

"You're paying," he said to Abbi, pointing. "I forgot a ******** pendant anyway." And then, from his pockets, produced a flask he took a swig out of. He'd need it.

xAyeAvast

xmediciner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:39 pm
Tears, lip wobbling, big eyes--none of that honestly worked on Jack. If anything, emotional people just made him more steely-faced by instinct. But having texted with Abbi for a while, he understood that while annoying, she did have some honest intentions somewhere in her little, little heart.

(And he had started noticing that maybe he was just a teensy bit uptight. Or maybe Owain's gentle influence and the alcohol were dulling his edge. Ugh. <******** style="color: seagreen">"Fine,"
he grumbled, running a hand through his hair to fix it. He eyed Leslie's flask and for a moment considered taking it--then he remembered that the rat's mouth had touched it and completely threw the idea away. As Jack began to shuffle his way towards the Olive Garden Entrance, reigning in his teetering and hazy thoughts, he firmly pushed Leslie ahead.

"AK's not paying tonight," he stated. "You are, shitstain. You wanna be a man so much, pay like one; I know you got that bonus money." So had most of the rest of them, but that wasn't the point.

AyeAvast

medigel

Anxious Spirit

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:11 am
The curse from Leslie did make her flinch, one little drop spilling over onto her cheek that she was quick to ignore because, while she was sure the convenient tears and sniffle act seemed a plot to the two men, she was feeling pretty busted up emotionally about her mistake. Her jokes had always been bad, but this one was definitely the worst so far.
Viveca laughs in her head, not the kind Abbi had hoped for as it is quickly followed by an "I told you so" (or, well, "Ah told ye so") and the teen huffs in her place. She's about to give up, to march into the restaurant alone when she hears a sigh.

A frown looks up at the two, finds the sigh coming from Leslie as its still going on, and tilts her head cautiously to one side in curiosity. Then Jack grumbles and Abbi looks at him, bounces her gaze between them.
They're not going to throttle her? They're going to... To actually do this?
"I'll pay! Wh-whatever!" It was odd to feel actual hope, even for something this small, and she hated herself for letting it make her happy. But the teen smiled, sighed herself, and hopped alongside the boys.

"Weren't you getting blind dates anyways, Jack? Just count this as one of them! And I promise Leslie, tell me your type and I'll find you someone really nice." Absolutely honestly, Abbi still felt that Leslie still suffered from the 'lady doth protest too much' and didn't quite believe him always, but now was not the time for that.
"Do you guys like... Want me to sit at the table with you? I mean, since its a date... And all... Or not a date. Just dinner with a friend!"

cherno astra
medigel

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 2:49 am
Leslie cackled. "Good thing I didn't bring my ******** wallet, huh? Sucker. Besides, she got a bonus too!" The waitress gave them a look-- mostly Leslie, really-- and told them it'd only be a short wait.

He grinned at Abbi, nudging her side with a pointy elbow. "Okay, okay. I did find you a ******** date by the way, at least one. So just don't set me up with any till I get yours ******** settled, okay?" Leslie maybe felt a little bad that he kind of...had forgotten, after the mission. But Thompson had agreed, so...

He gave Abbi a long, long look. "You keep ******** waffling back and forth. You better sit with us, or this ******** is going to kill me in ten minutes."

Or less.

ayeavast

medigel

its me debz
Crew

Wicked Shadow

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 26, 2014 6:07 pm
Why did Abbi have to mention the blind dates in front of that nobody. Ruined his carefully cultivated reputation of being cool.

"We'll split. Just sit with us," Jack grumbled, as he gave Leslie a dope slap for his sass. "Specifically, I'm going to sit on one side and you're going to box the rat in so he doesn't bail on us. Now watch your goddamn language, Miller, or I'll kill you in less than ten minutes when we get back."

The waitress came back on that happy note, still eying the group curiously as she led them to their seats.

AyeAvast

cherno astra

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 9:30 pm
"We all got bonuses, ya doofus. For like... The zombies and whateves." To find out that Leslie was so callous as to have intentionally forgotten his wallet is enough to make the girl cross her arms in disappointment, flashing him a petulant look before it breaks to hear Jack speak. She even grinned when Leslie was slapped, sure to flash the taller man a quick nod and a smile for his reprimand that would carry more weight than anything she'd ever give would.

At the mention of having found a date for her, Abbi gasped and rushed Leslie, grabbing a hold of the sleeve of his shoulder so he couldn't escape.
"FOR SERIOUS? Man, he better be cute, butt-face!" A jab to the arm she was holding was given, then a grin and a quick hug before she pushed her friend into the restaurant.
They had both requested she sit with them, but the teen would never admit she was glad they had asked. Already prepared to sit at the bar and wait for them, she was over the moon to be included on the excursion she had organized.
"He's got a soap count with Nora." Abbi tattled to Jack quickly as she slid in next to Leslie, right before their waitress approached.

A moderately sized woman with brownisn hair that was edging toward auburn beamed at the group, her gaze bouncing between Jack and Leslie and Abbi, trying to decide what their exact relationship was. She got better tips if she could compliment the date, but this wasn't... A date was it?
"Hey y'all! Welcome to Olive Garden, my name is Nicki and I'll be your waitress tonight! Can I..." The woman paused in her drawl, the bottle of wine she had to offer to each table hanging in the air. Once more she bounced her gaze between the three and settled on Jack. "Can I offer you a complimentary taste of our wine of the night? Its a Pinot Grigio!"
The other two were clearly ignored.

cherno astra
medigel

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items