Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[ORP] Hooked On A Feeling (GotG Movie Outing!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 10:54 pm
chimarii
Text to Chelsea: But my hand has always been better company than you, darling
Text to Chelsea: You should prove otherwise to me sometime
Text to Chelsea: Despite your incredibly dissuasive invitation, I'll take it into consideration

But really, did he actually have anything better to do? No, not really. And he'd already heard something through the grapevine about a portal trip to see the newest marvel movie release, a cinematic feature that he would likely never admit to actually wanting to see.

He took his time getting ready, putting at risk his opportunity for joining in with the group, but not feeling any need to move with great haste. He showered, dried and styled his hair, got dressed, and casually made his way out to the lighthouse portal, half expecting everyone to be gone already.

Which was not to be the case, it seemed. Strolling up to where the group was gathered, he waggled fingers at Milo and Noemi while offering them his typical cold smile, then made his way over to the pink haired beacon that was Chelsea, throwing his arm around her shoulder and pulling her into his side like she belonged to him.

"Hello, gorgeous." He greeted her with a terribly insincere looking smile, before turning something slightly more genuine on towards Abbi, "And beautiful."

Just full of his usual (false?) charm.

Nyxtsuki Moon
Chirigami
AyeAvast

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:17 pm
Chel's eyes narrowed as Finn "claimed" her, but if she was truly upset with the matter she didn't tell him to back off. She did jab him in the side for good measure though.

"Aww look, they holdin' hands," Chel said to Finn and Chris, whilst pointing at the power ranger couple. She gave Noemi a thumbs up along with some wiggly eyebrows that asked have you banged yet.

There was only one girl in the area she didn't recognize, which meant there was ONE MORE FRIEND TO MAKE. She grinned at Abbi and said, "Yo who's your friend? She's cute." Chel did have a thing for girls with long straight hair- could you blame her? "Finn you know her?"

seussi

chirigami

nyxtsuki moon

darkheartedsorrow

ayeavast

baby_gwing

chiickadee

Princess Hoarder

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:39 pm
Sure, he knew that Noemi was shy, might have even expected her to use him as a human shield, but that didn't stop him from tugging on her slightly to get her from hiding behind him like she was. Meeting new people was awesome, though it already seemed like she was acquainted with a vast majority of those that had gathered here, as he was.

"'course!" Milo replied as happily as ever to Abbi, ignoring that look (and some of the others. Really, they were just holding hands. Finn was hanging all over Chel). "Miss these little outings. Seems like all I ever see you guys is like during spars and meetings." Not like those were terrible, but this just seemed like normal to go to a movie.

Then he found his attention drifting towards the girl that Chel was mentioning, which soon drifted to the other unfamiliar (though somewhat - those seen in passing but didn't quite now too well. "Sup people I don't know, 'm Milo." The smaller Mist got another tug to pull her into the fold, "This is Noemi." Just in case she didn't introduce herself, due to the shy-ness.

seussi

nyxtsuki moon

darkheartedsorrow

ayeavast

baby_gwing

chimarii

beejoux

prolixity

did I forget anyone? Like... this is a lot of names xD

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:54 pm
Noemi was tugged forward and her hand tightened on Milo's because while she did know people, a large group like this was still pretty frightening.

"Hello Miss Peyton..." She shyly tugged on her beanie again, drawing it over her head. "It's nice...nice to meet you outside of twitter...Th..thank you for being so kind to..to me on it." She managed to get out, squeezing Milo's hand because she was doing it. TALKING TO ALL THE PEOPLE.

Chelsea's comment suddenly nailed Noemi though, and she was quick to try to pull her hand from Milo's so that he wouldn't get upset because they were pointing it out and really he probably shouldn't hold it. Instead her hands shoved into her short overalls, then pulled out to play nervously with her hat...then down to her purse.

"Y..Yes hello, I..I'm Noemi..." She looked from Noah to Nellie, who were the two she didn't know at all. Nellie looked familiar in the sense that...twitter! Of course all twitter buddies.

She avoided all gazes that felt like they were asking what was going on with her and Milo and why were they holding hands and look at what she did, she should've realized earlier that it would be a problem. She wanted to apologize to Milo, but selfishly couldn't get the words out. Mostly because she didn't mind holding his hand.

When Finn joined them, the mist huntress smile a bit, waving to him. "H..Hi Finn." And then to Chris and Lydia, "H..Hello Chris...and Lydia. Its good to see you again." Her eyes dropped to the ground.

seussi

Chirigami

darkheartedsorrow

ayeavast

baby_gwing

chimarii

beejoux

prolixity

Wow hello all you people /casually steals this from Chiri

Pixie Nyxie

Adorable Waffles

14,125 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 11:56 pm
It was rare, rare for Matt to explore the world that people considered Twitter. For him it was sort of useless, filled with a whole bunch of mindless chatter of how people’s days were and about random events that likely didn’t concern him too much. Kasimira called him the world’s most boring butterfly ever, and that butterflies were suppose to be social and adventurous with others. Of course this argument continued until Matt had forfeit and turned to his phone to prove to her that he would go do something that involved social interaction, and that didn’t include going to the life wards to work some more.

There was news of a group going to see some movie and anyone and everyone was invited, Guardians of the Galaxy was the title. It sounded like something that had to do with aliens Matt thought but he had showed up anyways making note of the familiar blonde that had beaten him once in a battle contest. Avoiding her he hung near the back, listening to the conversation about favorite characters and things about couples and so on and so forth. So far the only thing he had proved to Kasimira was that he had showed up, and became the typical wallflower that he was.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:00 am
Chris grinned when he saw Lydia approach, and pulled her to his side for a quick hug. "You made it!" Except, she clearly didn't know what Guardians of the Galaxy was. His eyes went wide and he clutched his chest in faux pain. "It's not a concert it's a movie. And it's going to be amazing. It's from the same people that did Captain America."

His ears maybe went a little red at the mention of Cap, but no one was going to talk about that. Ever.

"I'm into a bit of DC, but not much," he answered Abbi. "I don't know it like I know Marvel, but a hero's a hero, right?"

His attention was dragged to Noemi, who he hadn't even seen appear. "Aw man! I didn't know she was dating anyone. That's almost too precious for words." He gave her a cheery wave and a wink.

chimarii

ayeavast

seussi

nyxtsuki moon

whoever else i'm missing holy s**t

DarkHeartedSorrow

Adorable Trash

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 6:58 am
"They're not, like, a book I follow, but I like them," Noah answered cheerfully, and absentmindedly took Peyton's hand, lacing their fingers together. "I want to see how they did it as a movie, I mean, comic book movies are always not quite the same as the comic series, it's practically an AU storyline, they want to get audiences who don't know the characters too so they can't make it too complicated or make it so you have to really know the background, right? Some guys get really mad about the movies changing stuff about characters but I just sort of figure it's like a series picking up a new writer, stuff's gong to be different, just enjoy the new stuff because it's how somebody else sees it."

He paused and looked around, noticing very suddenly that the group had gotten larger and that he was holding forth on a rather nerdy opinion in front of a bunch of people. But if they were coming to see comic book movie they must be at least sort of nerdy too, right? It'd be fine. He hoped.

AyeAvast

Beejoux

everybody else too ok

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:07 am
chimarii
Text from Automated Services
[ Messages failed to deliver ]

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 10:47 am
It wasn't long before Lydia was being corrected about the movie, though it took her a moment of squinting to recognize just who was speaking to her. "OH! Movie! Oh okay yes the popcorn makes so much more sense now!" She was nodding her head along with her words, a bright grin on her face, when another person mentioned that this was a group for a movie, and perhaps a concert was for a different group.

Now Lydia was just confused, her face flushing more red than before. "O-OH! Okay yes, maybe----" She had turned towards this new person who had addressed her, a fretful expression on her face as she now wasn't sure if she was even in the right place and.

Oh!

"CHRIS!" She squealed, recognizing his voice even as she was pulled in, practically right out of her unlaced boots, into a quick yet firm hug.

Firm because muscles.

Muscles were nice......

Lydia blinked and flushed somehow even harder as Chris pulled away and explained that it was indeed a movie that they were going to see. "Oh! Oh dear, I am so sorry!" She reached up to pat him on top of the head, because that would clearly make everything better, even if it did mess up whatever style he had going on.

And then.

"Captain America?"

The blankest of stares.

Another voice caught her attention, and while she still had a perplexed look on her face, she turned and gave a rather enthusiastic wave in Noemi's direction.

darkheartedsorrowx
ayeavastx
beejouxx
nyxtsuki moonx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 12:59 pm
There was a lot of nodding from Abbi while Noah spoke, mostly because she had little to say on the subject other than agreement. It was unfortunate that she had not had the opportunity to better explore comics in her pre-island days, but the teen had an inkling that she now knew someone to bother should she decide to take up the hobby. Which she whole heartedly planned on doing.
"So what were your favorites to read?" She asked, looking to Peyton a moment later. "Do you read any comics too?

Careful to keep an eye out for anyone else who might have joined their group, the girl noticed someone she didn't know, and in hopes of being a good host-leader thing, Abbi made her way over to the dark haired man.
"Hi! I don't know you--" A hand stuck out to him and the teen grinned. "But ya look like you need a movie. I'm Abbi! Nice ta meetcha!" She would recruit all the grumpy pants, oh yes she would.

While Abbi might have been distracted with making new nerd friends, the portal operators were not so pleased. Quite fed up with all this loitering, they began to shuffle anyone close to them toward the glowing exit. There was a lot of mumbling and grumbling about movies and kids these days and not being invited as they attempted to hurry those gathered to their destination.
Once through the portal, those assemebled would find themselves in the parking lot near the entrance of a large mall, one with blinking lights over the entrance that not only flashed something about a positive shopping excursion, but that also listed a number of movies playing within.

Quote:

We will now be moving to our destination! If you'd like to join, please feel free! There's plenty of time and the more the merrier and all! OuO

prolixity
beejoux
hanging gallow

AyeAvast

Sparkly Bunny

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 4:17 pm
"Hi P-P-Peyton?" It was one thing to talk to people over Twitter where certain individuals had pointed out that she could edit her text to her heart's content before clicking on send. Yet it was another thing totally when it came to face to face conversations as Nellie was fast realising as she smiled at both the Sun Huntress and Abbi.

"Nellie's glad to be here with everyone." Indeed she was. She was content just to hang around with the group even if she didn't have anyone to talk to. "Nellie is just Nellie." Blushing softly at Chel's remark that she was cute, she waved to both Milo and Noemi then quickly made her way through the portal to the parking lot beyond so as to avoid holding up everyone.

AyeAvast

Beejoux

chimarii

chirigami

Nyxtsuki Moon

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2014 8:25 pm
It wasn't until Chel jabbed him in the ribs that Finn had a better look around at who else was gathered. Chris, he recognized but didn't know well, but still gave the man the usual cold smile and nod in greeting, before he glanced to the woman that the other man had hugged, an eye narrowing at her before he moved on, disinterested. Arm squeezing the pink haired woman on his arm tighter as if to tell her now now, no more of that, he followed Chelsea's gaze towards a woman that he'd never seen before.

"Why would I?" He asked, giving the newcomer a look that swept up and down, taking her all in. Cute, like Chelsea had said, but perhaps not quite his type.....a decision that he could make in full after having a bit of conversation with her, perhaps. "But if you want to invite me over for a three way, I'll gladly get to know her, and you, better." He grinned, finally letting his arm drop and glancing back towards Noemi and Milo. Hand holding. Interesting, but not overly surprising.

"Hello, darling." He responded to Noemi's greeting with another smile, and as the portal opened, he turned around on his heel, strolling on through and stopping in the parking lot on the other side, right next to the woman that Chel had pointed out earlier. Turning towards her, he offered her a smile (again, quite cold) and held out a hand towards her.

"Good evening, sweetheart. Nellie, is it?" He had overheard her from before, and assumed that it was her name. "I'm Finn."

chimarii
nyxtsuki moon
baby_gwing
darkheartedsorrow

Seussi

Ice-Cold Hunter

stella cinere

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2014 8:56 pm
He was playing his role as a wallflower pretty well until the hunter with red hair who appeared to be the organizer finally spotted him. Matt tried to avoid his eyes, looking down and trying to pretend he didn’t see her until she was in front of him with her hand out a large grin on her face. Looking at her for a moment he tried to keep his straight face but finally gave in there was no point in trying to ignore someone being friendly. Giving her his hand he shook it and returned the smile, “You can just call me Matt, and probably I haven’t seen a movie in quite some time so thanks and yea nice to meet you too.” A few minutes later they were all herded into the portal and out into a parking lot near an unfamiliar mall.

AyeAvast

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 2:12 am
Milo gave the new people a bright friendly smile as they introduced themselves as he flexed his now free hand, realizing that Noemi had indeed let go of it. For some reason. (At least she was talking, right?)

Hearing a vague description of what they were going to see was pretty awesome though, he could recall seeing the first Captain America movie so if this one was anything like that - or Iron Man or that Avengers movie, he knew it could be a good time. And not soon enough either as the portal opened at the lighthouse.

Giving Finn a passing grin, Milo tapped Noemi on the shoulder and gestured his head towards the glowing portal to see if she wanted to go along with him, or by herself... her choice really.

nyxtsuki moon
this is the lamest tag, my mind is just blaaaah but, hey.. lets get them moving?

chirigami

Swashbuckling Sentai

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2014 7:07 am
For a moment, Nellie simply stood in the middle of the parking lot and gaped at the blinking lights and the mall, this being her first outing since awakening as a trainee after all. It was a nice change of scenery from the Deus Ex training facilities on the island to her and even if it was a transient getaway for just this particular Friday evening, it was still a good opportunity to chill out for a bit and participate in something that their peers would be doing on a Friday night back in the normal world.

Spotting the hand that Finn had stretched out to her, she turned her gaze and attention to the dashing young man. "G-Good evening." Not wanting to come across as snobbish or rude, she quickly took hold of the proffered hand which she presumed was for the purpose of a friendly handshake, nodding a few times at the mention of her name as she gave the other a small smile. "Pleasure meeting you Finn. Which division are you in?"

Seussi

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces