Welcome to Gaia! ::

Once Upon A Time.... A Multi-RP Experience

Back to Guilds

A multi-rp experience. If you want it, we have it. 

Tags: Goodkind, Sword of Truth, Role Play, Star Wars, Je'daii 

Reply Chatterbox
Fantasy RP, anybody? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

scuttlefish

Lady Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:04 am
Nia Phoenix
Shifting Fool
Nia Phoenix

Hah. I understand.
Just take a good nap, get something in your belly, and relax for a while. That always helps me.

Don't think of this as Skyrim, think of this as general Fantasy.
We can work through the details later, but, for now, what kind of character would you like to be? Archetype wise?

LOL I'll let you know once I check that wiki page LOL ..or get some advice from my nephew LOL

The lore is great and I can suggest some of the "books" that are in-game (that have the full text conveniently copied to the wikis!) if you're interested, but yeah the region of Skyrim at its surface is much like any other high fantasy sword-n-sorcery setting and you don't need to be an expert at all if you want to jump right in. If we get more of a plot worked out we'll be able to help you with any specific details you might need to know.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:30 am
scuttlefish

Hm... What kind of plot do you think we should do?
I don't really have any preference. :I

Soriel Trash

Dapper Dabbler

scuttlefish

Lady Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 11:58 am
Shifting Fool
scuttlefish

Hm... What kind of plot do you think we should do?
I don't really have any preference. :I

Well, the civil war is a good backdrop, and there's a lot of potential there. I like the idea of Daedra coming in too, because it creates a global enemy that we can group up to fight against, rather than focusing on a feud between two factions (though we can do that too!) I would prefer if we start in a large city like Windhelm or Solitude and go from there. I don't have much of a preference either about what we do -- I'll pretty much roll with anything. But especially when we're starting from scratch like this, it's important to have an idea of our character's alignments and motivations already so that we can find a way to work it into a larger plot. I have a pretty good idea of a character in my head, but of course I can always come up with different ones if it doesn't work out. But if I'm playing a thieve's guild character, it would be easy to convince her to come along on any adventure provided there's some kind of reward. wink  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:20 pm
scuttlefish

I like keeping the war in, but, as we've seen with Skyrim, Tullius and Ulfric don't give two cripes about the world around them, only caring about their little squabble. They didn't care about the dragons or anything else, thinking their own fight was more important. Even during the council they were just discussing land grabs, using the Dovahkiin as an intermediary. Pricks.

Anyway, I feel that I'd prefer a Slice-of-Life Style. The Daedra, of course, will still be there, with the exception of the Dragon Crisis. Does that sound alright? I mean, the Civil War will be there, but there won't be any real... force to this Rp besides our characters living their lives in a country torn by a civil war.

How does that sound? If it sounds like it could be difficult in one thread, we could try and do a subforum, or is that going out of bounds? Sorry. I think in really... big ways. :I

Soriel Trash

Dapper Dabbler

scuttlefish

Lady Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:41 pm
Shifting Fool
scuttlefish

I like keeping the war in, but, as we've seen with Skyrim, Tullius and Ulfric don't give two cripes about the world around them, only caring about their little squabble. They didn't care about the dragons or anything else, thinking their own fight was more important. Even during the council they were just discussing land grabs, using the Dovahkiin as an intermediary. Pricks.

Anyway, I feel that I'd prefer a Slice-of-Life Style. The Daedra, of course, will still be there, with the exception of the Dragon Crisis. Does that sound alright? I mean, the Civil War will be there, but there won't be any real... force to this Rp besides our characters living their lives in a country torn by a civil war.

How does that sound? If it sounds like it could be difficult in one thread, we could try and do a subforum, or is that going out of bounds? Sorry. I think in really... big ways. :I

The problem with slice-of-life stories is that they can get dull rather quickly when there's no major conflict driving the characters or plot, but if we're starting small it would definitely be a good choice until we can get more members interested. When that happens, story arcs and conflicts should eventually fall into place naturally. I do like for things to happen organically rather than to try to force a plot, so maybe it is a good idea to start it out as a slice of life story.
Subforum? @.@ you are thinking big! Perhaps eventually, but maybe we should start small, unless we can get more people interested.

Nia Phoenix

Hmm... do you know anyone else who would be interested? I know Liam played the games, but he disappeared again. ;-;  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 12:47 pm
scuttlefish

Always like thinking big.
But that sounds fine, starting off small and then going big... Nothing more to really say. :I

Soriel Trash

Dapper Dabbler

Nia Phoenix
Vice Captain

Dedicated Wench

31,475 Points
  • Novice Egg Hunter 50
  • Determined Egg Hunter 150
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:08 pm
scuttlefish
Shifting Fool
scuttlefish

The problem with slice-of-life stories is that they can get dull rather quickly when there's no major conflict driving the characters or plot, but if we're starting small it would definitely be a good choice until we can get more members interested. When that happens, story arcs and conflicts should eventually fall into place naturally. I do like for things to happen organically rather than to try to force a plot, so maybe it is a good idea to start it out as a slice of life story.
Subforum? @.@ you are thinking big! Perhaps eventually, but maybe we should start small, unless we can get more people interested.

Nia Phoenix

Hmm... do you know anyone else who would be interested? I know Liam played the games, but he disappeared again. ;-;

probably Tom LOL Pops wasn't thrilled with the games...maybe fallen..not sure...Ryo has a gameplay channel on youtube - he may have played them with Mizu  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:10 pm
I played the hell out of Skyrim XD

over 200 hours of game time! WHOOT to mods blaugh  

Wonyky
Crew

Blessed Prophet

Soriel Trash

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:17 pm
Wonyky

Hellz to da yeh~
So! We got four people, then?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:05 pm
Shifting Fool
Wonyky

Hellz to da yeh~
So! We got four people, then?

Well I still need to hear back from Rahl (he's usually not on during weekends), but I think we can consider ourselves in the clear. wink  

scuttlefish

Lady Lunatic

scuttlefish

Lady Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:06 pm
Wonyky

So does this mean you'll be joining up? ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:11 pm
Woo! I'm really happy I decided to try this!

Soriel Trash

Dapper Dabbler

Wonyky
Crew

Blessed Prophet

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 7:52 pm
scuttlefish
Wonyky

So does this mean you'll be joining up? ^^

Yes, yes I am.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 9:35 pm
Shifting Fool
Woo! I'm really happy I decided to try this!

I'm glad you did too!
If you're able to come up with something for the main thread (applications, ranks, etc) feel free to do so already. I can help you out with that stuff too if you want.  

scuttlefish

Lady Lunatic

Soriel Trash

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:52 pm
scuttlefish

... I can't do Applications, given that I suck at using the code.
The Ranks would just be the general... No. No, I think it would be better if no one was really in a seat of power, unless you, I, or someone we agree on is... Maybe... I think this would be better as everyone being Adventurers or new recruits for the guilds, legion, or stormcloaks. What do you think?
I could use some help on the plot background and other things, if you'd like to give out an idea or two.

Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff