Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Elimisha'sombea Lands [IC]
[EVENT/Meta ORP] The Powerful or the Power-Hungry (CLOSED) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 8:45 pm
Even now he noticed more leopards gathering, it was amazing to him. The power of one man to gather so many.

Celestyn hadn't even considered the birds. Avians would be a wonderful asset to them here. He nodded in agreement with a few others. He had no avian himself, but he wasn't against them, in fact until tonight he had never met one!

He cringed at the way Temp'rens spoke to Hu. It was insensitive, but to the point. He could understand why she spoke like that, he thought, must just be how she is. She did ask all the right questions. He could only imagine the pain Hu was going through. Celestyn had no kin to speak of, never mind a daughter. He had no idea what it would be like, to not know where your princess was or even if she was alive. He shook these thoughts from his head, quite literally, and noticed he had dug his claws into the forest floor beneath him. His nerves were getting the best of him.

"I know absolutely nothing of your daughter, Hu." Celestyn tossed in sheepishly. "Some of Temp'rens questions being answered would help me immensely." He would do what he could to help solve the problem, but right now he had nothing to work off of.

PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2014 10:31 pm
User Image
The strangers in the colony made Hu nervous. For years, he had been a solitary male, but since coming to the colony, strangers were fine. Now, his old ways were creeping back in. He longed to yell at them all to get away, and that he would find his daughter alone, but there was no way that it would happen if he searched alone.

"I...appreciate the help," he forced out, before latching onto the 'non-touchy-feely' topic of his daughter's appearance. He appreciated the female's abruptness, it took the emotion out of it. He could focus.

"She is pale white, mostly completely, so she should be easy to spot in the falling darkness and amongst the trees. I fear she will be grounded, not in the branches but search both. She has a flower marking on her right cheek in pink and green, and a bracelet marking on her left paw in the same colours."

He frowned at the idea of Ua having an enemy but struggled to think of one. "She has no enemies in the colony or the rogue lands."

User Image

The fact that Ua had no enemies worried Ardhira'i. If there was no enemy lurking, then why had she been attacked? Senseless violence, in a peaceful pride? That couldn't be.

"I saw her a few hours ago," she piped up. "She was collecting herbs in the forest, but she was moving around a lot. I have no idea where she went to, because I saw her quite deep in the forest."

User Image

Kianga scowled. She had known Hu and Ua for years, and this standing around 'talking' about it was going to do nothing to help them.

"I volunteer to lead a group," Kianga announced abruptly. "I will take the ground to the south of us, as the flowers grow plentiful there." Ua was...well, she wasn't the brightest spark when it came to some things, but she did love her flowers.

"Those who wish to join me, do it now. The Visitor is right, if we do not hunt quickly, we will not like what we find." Ua couldn't be dead. She just couldn't be.

User Image

Arcus strode forward, standing near Hu so that he would be seen. He knew Hu would usually not have stood for that, but desperate times and all that.

"We will need to split up, groups of no more than three. Familiars can take to any groups, or go their own way. The hare is correct, avian's will be most useful, but all familiars should be utilized."

He hesitated before speaking again, his voice cold and eyes scanning the growing crowd. "I hesitate to say such a thing, but be mindful of who you run into in the forest. I will not point paws, but if Ua was attacked, they may still be out there."

((OOC: Until the groups split up, I'll keep using the images to differentiate from the leopards I'm using.))

Velveteen Angel

Seaki
Crew

Divine Star

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 5:41 am
There's Drama Lurking

User ImageSanii was worried. He had come to the call, but had stayed somewhat back to listen. Large groups often startled him and he preferred to stay out of them. Of course, though, the leader was speaking and - and Ua was missing? Fear filled his heart for the leopardess - she was so kind! Why would anyone do anything to her? It made very little sense to him.

He would help all he could, but the dark was likely to completely frighten him and send him scampering away. Finding Ua, hopefully safe, was more important than the dark though! He had to at least try...

He would join any group that needed him.

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2014 8:07 pm
Celestyn looked around at the leopards gathered, not sure who to join. They were all strangers to him, but he knew he had to throw that aside. He had come this far, there was no reason to leave now.

He didn't know why, but flowers sounded nice right about now. He paced toward the dark-colored female, Kianga. "I will accompany you, if you don't mind. I've been traveling for many moons now," he added, "I've picked up some tracking skills. Perhaps I could be of use." He bowed his head to her politely.

As he thought about it more, he was unsure how someone with no enemies could end up in such a predicament. Could Hu have enemies that are using her to get at him? Could they have turned away a stranger and now that stranger is coming back to get revenge? He knew it wasn't the time, but before they all departed from each other, he wanted to ask Hu a few simple questions. There was too much to be decided currently groups were forming and there were birds flying too and fro above their heads.

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100
Velveteen Angel rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 5:07 am
User Image

"We must stop dawdling," Hu finally snapped, his posture tense and harsh. "Any who wish to follow me, do so now."

User Image

"I'll lead one too," Ardhira'i said, bouncing on the pads of her paws. Anyone who knew her well enough would know she would be a shocking leader. Really, she was just waiting for someone else to step up and say they'd lead her team. She was mildly terrified of leading a team but Ua needed to be found!

User Image

Glancing towards the stranger that had approached her, Kianga narrowed her eyes for a moment, scanning him. It was her job to judge people on their mental abilities and the subtle ticks that gave them away. She'd withhold her judgement of the new male until she'd spoken to him more, but for now, he simply seemed...odd.

Kianga wasn't sure how she felt about that.

"Of course. Any assistance is greatly appreciated." She nodded her head and motioned. "Follow me, we must move quickly."

tani duh!

User Image

Arcus scanned the crowd, and with a single leap, he reached the higher branch above him.

"Move out, people!" he yelled commandingly. "Report back here before the sun breaches the horizon. Make as much noise as you can, or send an avian, if you find Ua."

((OOC: Roll a 10 sided dice. If you roll my number, your SoA is headed in the right direction/has a very good idea of a place to search! The further away from my number you roll, the further away you're searching.))  
CaliWolfe rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 6:52 am
Romano turned to slinked over to where Hu was. Where the scent of blood was strongest.

He would have liked to think that Hu's daughter had been involved in an accident of some kind, but was that really the truth? If she had indeed been attacked the purple coated leopard wouldn't hesitate to track down said attacker and drag them to the core of the pride himself. If there was one thing that bothered him, it was others being hurt for no reason. Or being hurt to get revenge at someone else entirely. If there was no reason for that individual to be hurt, then why hurt them at all? If they didn't deserve that fate, then it shouldn't have happened. And as far as Romano was concerned Hu's daughter had no reason for this to happen to her. Romano would have began to search the tree tops on his own in order to stealthy pursue the attack and ensure they didn't escape to the roguelands.

But what if Ua was caught in an accident?

"Igowithyouleader." He said, this time not bothering to correct himself. He merely gave a nod of reassurance as he approached Hu to show his support.

CaliWolfe

Shy Prophet

tani duh! rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2014 9:06 am
Celestyn could tell the other leopard was wary of him, so he decided to try and prove himself by using some detective work. He wasn't the one they should be worried about, anyways. They should be worried about the daughter. They should be worried about who would come into their land and do something like this to her, if it was someone, that is.

He lifted his bright nose to the wind, the scent was still there, fading though. Keen ears swiveled in every direction, listening for the slightest hint; a grunt, a roar, a branch breaking, anything.

If I was injured... he thought to himself for a moment, I would try and find water to have a pursuer lose my scent! His ears perked wildly at his idea, thinking it to be brilliant. He turned to the female, "Water? Are there any bodies of water nearby?" and then turned his gaze to the others who were more familiar with the area, looking for any sign of an idea. "Perhaps Ua was injured and then went to find water, either to have a follower lose her trail or to clean herself off of the blood."

Seaki rolled 1 10-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-10)
PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2014 10:51 am
Sanii rocked on his paws for a moment, frowning. Where would he look? He had a idea, but he could always be wrong. He had met Ua a few times to get an idea of where should could have gone by herself, but she was injured - she could be anywhere! The frightened leopard scurried along, frowning, wondering if he should speak up to the group leader.

Well, perhaps his group leader had a better idea of where the kind leopardess was at the moment. Then his suggestions would be unwelcome obviously! He would wait until the leader said where they were going, he decided, just following along closer.

Seaki
Crew

Divine Star

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 4:17 am
User Image
Surprised at the strangers words, as jumbled as they were, Hu eyed the newcomer carefully. "Good," he said firmly. "We will need you."

Hu took to the trees quickly, moving towards the north. It wasn't hard to see his mood was not really one to be friendly or social. Not that he was trying to be cruel to the male who was now following him, just... He had a mission, and it was his daughter's life that was at stake. It only took him a few minutes to pause though, and he lingered on a tree branch, nose in the air.

Something wasn't right.

"I smell lion."

CaliWolfe

User Image

She had started to move away from the group when she heard Hu's words and she stopped. The entire forest reeked of leopards, it was impossible to miss the fact that they were, in fact, a colony. Lions rarely, if ever, walked into their forest. With Ua hurt, and missing, and the smell of lion on the air.

She was actually, for a moment, afraid.

User Image

"Good idea," Kianga said smoothly, not one to deny a good plan. "Ua would wish to wash off quickly, to not scare her father," she mused. Ua was a strange girl, she spent most of her life trying to make her father happy, when Hu wasn't really that fussed what she did, as long as she was safe.

Well, she wasn't safe now, but still.

Hu's words caught her attention and her eyes narrowed. Damn it, people were going to take this all in a bad way.

"Don't jump to conclusions," Kianga snapped. "It's probably a coincidence."

tani duh!

User Image

Arcus appreciated Kianga's attempt to keep them all calm, but shook his head. He wasn't going to get involved in all this nonsense. He took to the east, moving through the trees was a certain ease about him that was odd considering his bulky muscles.

((This will last another week, before I start wrapping it up, and the raffle will be drawn. Want more tickets? Get those posts in!))  
PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2014 10:15 pm
Celestyn's eyes widened in concern at Hu's words. Lion? The funny part was, however, that he didn't understand quite why that was a bad thing. You see, Celestyn has been traveling with a lioness companion for as long as he can remember. He smelled at the air and couldn't tell the difference between the two feline scents, he had become so accustomed to the smell of lions.

"Does that mean something to you, Hu?" He decided it was time to start asking some questions, there was no other way to get the information he needed. "Do you know of any lions that might want to hurt you or your loved ones?" He looked to the other three that seemed closest to Hu, hoping for a sign of some sort. Kianga's quick response either made him more on edge or less, he wasn't sure yet, but Arcus's silent removal from the group definitely made him think.

They were wasting time!

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 6:07 pm
tani duh!

"Why would a lion come into a land full of leopards?" Hu growled, his voice a low grumble and his posture tense. "Why now, when there is blood in the area."

Kianga glanced to the stranger, looking frustrated but not at him. It was far more likely she was simply angry at the male leader.

"There are no lions to whom Hu or Ua hold grudges too. They avoid lions, mostly. Out of like of their own kind," she admitted. "He is being paranoid."

A niggling down was bothering her though.

Was it just a coincidence that there was blood and a lion?

EVENT

In the distance, a faint call was heard. A light cry.

Barely audible, but in the stone silence of the group, it was almost a yell.

It was coming from the north.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 1:43 am
Sanii frowned - a lion? Here, in the dense of the jungle? He had never met a lion that would really willingly come into the thick of trees, not when other predators were hidden above them. He hoped, prayed it was coincidence!

But then he heard the cry and it froze the blood in his veins. He gave a small whine, fear gripping him. "Should we all go?" He asked, not particularly directing his question towards anyone. It was the first time he spoke up, after all and he winced at drawing attention to himself.

But, still - what if the cry was a diversion. Would someone do that? He worried to find out...

Seaki
Crew

Divine Star

Talencia

Blessed Friend

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 10:20 am
Nan accompanied her twin, following Hu through the trees. She remained alert to clues, but there were an astonishing lack of anything helpful. When Hu froze, she paced up next to him, ears twitching and whiskers vibrating to try and sense what he had. The one word he spoke stopped her cold. She cast her twin a worried look. Lions were nothing to tangle with lightly. However, they had numbers on their side, and her worry melted away. They would prevail, she felt certain.

Then came the cry. Her eyes widened, muscles bunching instinctively. She swung her head immediately to the north, every sense stretched. In an imperiously outraged voice, she demanded, "What are we all standing around for?!" With that, she broke into a dead run, aiming due north towards the cry. It didn't occur to her it might be a diversion... after all, they were searching for a missing member of the colony, not investigating anything dangerous. Well, aside from the scent of a lion. And the blood. Heedless, she ran on, determined to save this victim before anything permanent happened to her.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2014 12:13 pm
Celestyn nodded, almost instinctively, at Kianga's words. And Celstyn couldn't answer Hu's question; perhaps a rogue lion was traveling and wandered a little too far? He hoped it was just a coincidence, also. He didn't want to answer in fear of seeming suspicious or defending the lions. It was habit, but he knew better so he held his tongue.

As these thoughts raced through his mind, Celstyn heard the cry pierce his ears. His ears swiveled and flicked in the direction of the noise, the fur on his shoulders standing straight on end. What was that? was all he could think. He kept his head and ears pointed to the north as his eyes scanned the other leopards, one asking if they should leave and another racing off without any hesitation.

It's almost too perfect that we had no idea where to look for the girl and then a cry so happens to resound, he thought to himself. But he again held his tongue. He looked to Kianga for guidance.

"Perhaps some should stay here, in case that wasn't Ua," he began. He didn't want everyone to go and have a trap catch them, but he also didn't want to say those words straight out. "Perhaps it's another animal that's injured, if we all go there and it's not her, we're farther from safety and the reason we all banded together." He lifted his nose to the sky, trying to smell for the blood again, but it was fainter than before and he couldn't tell a direction. It could be the north, but the air was not saturated enough for him to get a good idea. "The scent isn't stronger, there hasn't been fresh blood spilled, at least not that's reached our noses yet, I'm not entirely convinced that noise was Ua." He hoped his words would be taken in the best manner, he meant the others no offense or to seem unconcerned. "Either way," he added quickly, "I will follow through with whatever task to try and solve this mystery."

tani duh!

Magical Lunatic

5,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Timid 100

Velveteen Angel

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:16 pm
User Image

The sound of a cry froze Hu's blood. Ua. That had to be Ua. For a moment, he was completely paralyzed.

It was the sound of Sanii speaking that shocked him out of his stilled silence. Go.

He didn't take heed of any other warnings, or any other comments - despite how rational they all might be. He took to the north, keeping to the trees and his blood pumping.

"Ua!"

User Image

Ardhira'i also took off, but she stuck to the ground level. She was a bit sore from earlier experiments with flight, so she would be faster on the ground rather than leaping through the trees. She had to find her friend.

She was almost matching pace with the stranger leopardess who was also running towards the north. If it had been any other moment, Ardhira'i might have called out that it was a race! But not now, not when Ua's life hung in the balance.

User Image

It was all Kianga could do not to race after Hu and the others. She listened to Celestyn though and nodded. His words made perfect sense but still her blood was pumping.

"You are correct, Celestyn. We would be foolish to put all of our eggs in one nest. It might not have been Ua."

It sounded like her though, it sounded like she was hurt, like she needed them and it took all of Kianga's strength not to race after them.

"I will wait here." Please be safe, Ua.

tani duh!

User Image

Arcus was strangely absent from the hunt for Ua, having taken off earlier into the forest. He wasn't really hunting Ua though, he was scouring the forest for the smell that plagued him.

Lion.

EVENT

User Image
The pale figure was dirtied, stained with red but still standing. She had been walking for what felt like hours, stumbling along and crying out. She hurt everywhere, and nothing felt right.

She was so afraid that the monster would come back, and she tried hard to keep her voice down as she called out. What if she called it back to her? But still, she wanted her father.

"Papa!" The sound was louder than the earlier call as she stumbled south, towards the group.

((I will be posting a closing post in my next post. This will be continued in another ORP! c: The raffle will be rolled after my final post. ))  
[IC] Elimisha'sombea Lands [IC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff