[PD] A Survey of Decorum (Lightning/Terpsichore) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 12:38 am
"Yes, the kinds of goods they have in there are simply delicious. Maybe when you come from a visit, I can go get a cake or something from there. And don't you worry if he is uncomfortable around people. I have been around ones like that, sometimes they just have to understand not everyone is awful,"Dea assured. She grinned a little when the other complimented her idea.

"Ummm, I am not really sure how long one could stay in a Pokeball. I personally have not seen anyone keep their's in those for very long, least Dea and her family don't. We always have a choice and Dea isn't really fond of them either,"Lightning confessed. Then she listened to what Terpsichore said next concerning the ogre. She looked thoughtful for a moment, before a smile came to her lips. She pretended to take off a backpack and then she mimed opening it and pulling something out.

"Here, Mr. Ogre, I have some sandwiches you can eat. I am sure they would taste a lot better than I would,"she told him. Then she turned to Dea, giving her a look, which the other nodded.

"The young warrior is going to need some help. Might we have a brave person in the audience who might be able to help by being the ogre?"Dea asked, turning to face anyone that might be around.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 1:56 am
While Terpsichore wasn't completely ignorant on the contents of a bakery, her imagination could only stretch so far in contemplation. Who wouldn't know what a cake was, though, if they studied human culture as extensively as Terpsichore had? "Oh that would be marvelous! Maybe I could see about bringing some tea, in that case!" she agreed excitedly. She would hate to come along empty-handed, but tea seemed like an affordable enough option, and the two went together excellently, she'd heard. Meekly, she brought her hands back to her front and smiled, "If anyone can get him to see that not everyone is awful, it's you, I'm sure." After all, Dea was quite the negotiator, and as patient as they came.

At Lightning's explanation, Terpsichore couldn't help but giggle as the young hybrid girl struggled to admit her defeat in the knowledge of the extent of which pokéballs worked. "It's quite alright, I wasn't really expecting you guys to know everything either. It's possible the only person that could answer would be those that have worked on them, or tested it themselves. Seems too cruel a thing, to test with pokémon lives... you guys aren't like that," the teen explained apologetically, "I'm glad Dea gives you guys a choice, but I would expect no less from her. You guys are family, after all!"

She was grinning as Lightning took on her trials head-first, but it wasn't until Terpsichore's quiet comment did a note of laughter escape from her, "Clever girl." Spinning on her heel, she followed Dea's directed query to the tiny crowd that had gathered. A few of them seemed to be considering the offer to help the young girl out, but the shroomish's eyes fell on a young man whose attention was on the little play, despite having a textbook open on his lap. Waving, Terpsichore extended the offer to him, "What about you? It looks like you need a break."

He fidgeted some, until he was sure the shroomish was speaking to him, "Me? I'm not much of an actor..."

"Nonsense!" the brunette dismissed, inching a little closer and waving her hand more, "You think any of us are experts? You'll do fiiiine!"

With a light, amused snort, he snapped his textbook closed and set it down. Walking over, he removed his reading glasses and slipped them into a breast pocket for safe keeping. Ogre, huh? Glancing down at Lightning, he paused briefly to evaluate the situation, sighed, and repositioned himself to appear slightly larger than he was -- quite the vain feat, for he seemed to be rather scrawny, "Sand... wich?" he spoke in a forced, lower tone, reaching over a lowered hand so that the girl could pretend to place one within the outstretched palm. He was fairly certain a barbaric ogre would not have heard of such a meal item if he had been stranded to the mountains, after all.

Terpsichore flashed a fascinated sort of smile, "It seems our little heroine has located a way out of her predicament, and possibly picked up a sidekick for her efforts!" She couldn't help but think of how adorable a scene this made, and her imagination helped to color the props and scenery that weren't there. If only she could take a picture of what she was seeing in her mind's eye!  

MoogerMint
Crew

Sparkly Pants

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Sun Dec 07, 2014 11:03 pm
"Oh, you really do not have to bring anything when you come to visit, Terpsichore. Though, I will not deny it either, if that is what you want to do. I am sure tea and cake would be a wonderful thing to enjoy together. And I would certainly try my best to make sure your friend felt very comfortable around us. He probably would do well talking to one of my 'kids,' who would understand him fairly well, I would think,"Dea replied to her.

"Yes, I agree, doesn't seem to pleasant to me either. But sometimes people do it to keep their Pokemon safe, I would imagine. Dea just always thought it was better we could try both ways, so we could decide for ourselves. I guess it is just the way she was raised,"Lightning admitted. She then watched as first Dea, then Terpsichore worked on getting someone to play the ogre. She hid a grin behind a hand as she saw Terpsichore encourage someone to come up and it worked. When the other got into character, she smiled to him, before putting the 'sandwich' in his hand.

"Yes, it is something you can eat that is good for you. Eating people, while it might have protein, it wouldn't be good for you. I don't think I have enough fat on me and definitely not roughage. If you want, you can come with me. You must get lonely up here all by yourself,"she suggested sweetly.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 9:23 pm
Terpsichore bobbed her head at Dea's words, agreeing that, either way, a visit would make for a great day, she just felt that she had to do something for the trouble, even if it was no trouble at all. It was the principle of the thing! One good motion deserved another in turn, random or not. "I'm sure we'll definitely be able to figure something out! It'll be great, either way," she beamed, the optimism coming to her quite easily, "Maybe next weekend?" She had plenty of free time to schedule it sooner or later, of course, she just needed to have an estimation. There was no way she was going to be late!

Reluctantly, the shroomish sighed, "Yeah, I suppose you're right. I can't imagine some kid walking all over the place with a hoard of hundreds of pokémon, let alone being able to keep them fed the whole time or anything." It was a severe case of quality versus quantity, but she also knew that it was how the world worked. Excessive, sure, but this was how they were able to make the system work. Those that were capable of letting their pokémon roam free did, and those that didn't used the pokéballs. "I suppose that means that it's not so bad in one of those pokéballs, if they do it all the time. I think it would be more common knowledge to pokémon-kind that it was a miserable way to live, but I don't normally see any pokémon under trainer care that was that unhappy from it!" the teenager considered, giving a sheepish look, "I guess that answers my question, huh?"

A few paces back, Terpsichore watched the actors as they performed, hiding an amused giggle behind a hand whose elbow rested on the other crossed arm. The student was floundering a bit -- his area of expertise was not in drama, it was on the other side of the camera lens. Lightning, however, took to the role like a professional, and he hoped that that fact alone would make up for his own shortcomings. Either way, it looked like it was amusing those that stopped to watch. He wrapped his fingers around the edge of an invisible sandwich placed into his outstretched hand, bringing it up near his nose to smell the contents, held together by a shell of bread. "Smell good," he nodded slowly, parroting the parts that his character agreed with, "Less stringy." After a pause, he lowered his other hand again, as though asking for her to grab hold of it, "Friend. Help friend."

Terpsichore's laugh became more prominent just then, but she pushed it aside to make room for her narrative, "It appears our little heroine's generosity has earned her a new, unprecedented ally! Surely this favorable turn of the tide presents itself as omen for the trials ahead. Can she outwit the challenges yet to come?" The challenges, however, were the hard part to come up with on the spur of the moment, but tackling that sometimes made it all the more fun. "The trail may have been difficult to traverse, but did not warrant the label of 'impossible' for the gutsy young warrior. It did, however, wind its way to intersect at an impasse," she was walking a few spaces, as though on slow half-orbit around the scene, "It appeared the block in the road was caused by a rock slide, but it wasn't apparent from how long ago. Neither could see above the rocks, but it didn't look as though it was a very thick wall, despite the rocks being fairly large and heavy." Silently, she pondered how long she should be stretching the story, how much time she was to invest in the journey. Sure, she was having fun, but how long could she keep the audience captive? It was currently still gathering viewers, but she didn't want them to start leaving, either. Regardless, it appeared they still had a good amount of safe time, at least, so the shroomish figured she should not worry so much, at least about a silly thing like that!  

MoogerMint
Crew

Sparkly Pants

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 11:44 pm
Dea leaned on her cane, thinking about if they had any plans for next weekend. No, she didn't think anyone had any plans, so a get together next weekend would be perfect. She would have to make sure they had enough cake or other such confectioneries ready. A soft smile came to her lips, she certainly enjoyed the idea a lot.

"I think next weekend will do beatifully, Terpsichore. I am sure everyone will be glad to have something fun to do coming up. I look forward to seeing what you bring,"Dea responded.

"No, I cannot say that I have seen any of them upset after being in a Pokeball. I think it usually has more to do with the kind of trainer they have. If a person does not have their Pokemon's best interest at heart, then chances are the Pokemon will be miserable. However, I think most trainers are very good, looking out for their Pokemon,"Lightning replied. Her attention then turned back to the play, watching the student with the 'sandwich.' When he extended his hand in her direction, she took it and shook it, beaming as she did so.

"Yes, friend. I look forward to getting to travel with you, it shall be a lot of fun. Alright, onward we shall go,"she spoke. She mimed the walking they were doing, making sure that it didn't look too bad, as Terpsichore had suggested. When they got to the 'blockade,' she made sure to frown. Her tail flicked back and forth, as she worked on trying to figure out a logical solution.

"Maybe we can move the boulders?"she suggested.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 10:04 pm
Terpsichore grinned fiercely at the affirmation that next week would be good to come over and visit. Oh, it was so nice to be able to look forward to something like that! "Alright, it's a date!" she chirped to Dea, enthused.

It was probably at Lightnings assurance that Terpsichore, however, began to second-guess the idea a little. What if all the pokémon that would have otherwise been vocally against pokéballs were those that were never allowed out of them? How many of those could there be, sitting in the PC, unable to get out? Perhaps it was because of severely pessimistic family members that had her consider such an idea... She forced a smile and nodded, "Yeah, you're probably right."

The student took Lightning's hand and shook it in greeting. Pretending to pocket the sandwich, he turned to follow the young girl's lead until they reached the announced obstacle. He stared a bit while lost in thought, flinching himself back into reality after a moment. Turning to look at Lightning, he slowly nodded before pretending to lift one of the boulders up. Or, at least, giving it a try. Struggling with the invisible stone for a minute, he paused, let it drop from his grip, and then went to roll it to the side, as though off the cliff face. He leaned over, watching as it fell, and turned to Lightning with a grin, offering her a thumbs up over his shoulder.

The shroomish had her hand over her mouth as she watched, keeping herself from laughing more than a quiet giggle. She was more amused to oversee things, distracting herself from trying to conjure up another obstacle as they made their slow progress through the wall of boulders, one rock at a time.  

MoogerMint
Crew

Sparkly Pants

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:45 pm
Lightning could see the smile on Dea's lips as she thought about the family get together they would be having. It was nice that she would get something to look forward to, considering things had been a bit rough. When Terpsichore said she was probably right, she nodded her head in acknowledgement, before her attention turned back to the play. She watched as the 'giant' working on picking up one of the boulders. As it was moved out of the way, she began to work on moving them as well. Miming her struggling to move a boulder out of the way, she made a grunting noise. Together she and the student worked on 'clearing a path' for them to continue the journey.

"Wow, that was definitely a workout. I think we have a big enough path cleared for both of us. Shall we continue and hope nothing else blocks our path?"she asked.  
Jirachi's Wish

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff