Welcome to Gaia! ::

Vampire Island

Back to Guilds

Tags: Vampire, Demon, Role Play, Fantasy, Literate 

Reply Vampire Island: Main Areas
Cassius' Shop of Jeweled Wonders Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:57 pm
Vihata

Cassius gave a small frown and considered the man again for a moment. Both the gems were worth far more than the small owl and he knew it. Just as he knew better than to be cheated, he knew so much better than to cheat his customers.

"Just a moment. Let me get something," he said simply then disappeared through the doorway that lead to his quarters. He wasn't gone long and returned with something wrapped in another piece of leather. He set it on the counter and unwrapped the leather to reveal another piece. This one was larger, carved from a piece of a pale white stone with gray occlusions in it. It was another owl, this one in flight over a castle.

"This piece is actually worth the two stones you're offering. I'll let you have both carvings in exchange," he countered, hoping the man would take the bargain.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:02 pm
Vihata

Cassius took the hand with a smile, "It is certainly a pleasure to meet you Kota. I can hold on to the piece for you, certainly. And suggest that you head up to the castle for lodgings. If you decide to stay, I can have the piece sent to you there," he offered then finally released the man's hand. He had to hide a shiver at the power that ran through him, silently deciding that he'd deliver the piece himself of he decided to stay on the island.

He distracted himself by wrapping the larger piece back up in the protective leather then placing it into a box that he pulled from underneath the counter, considering his next move as he did so. He finally tilted his head at the man, "If you do head to the castle, you can ask for a man called Desha. Tell him I sent you and he'll see to it that you're taken care of. He's a bit quiet but perfectly willing to answer any questions you may have about the island and the castle," he added, knowing that the mage would be the perfect guide.

Of course, Desha would be perfectly polite and would never even think of making a pass at someone else. Not while still mourning his beloved Mao and looking after his son Dancer, who seemed to still be moping about.

"Oh, and I should tell you that the only spell on the larger piece is one to enhance the gray inclusions in it, nothing more. I couldn't decide on anything else to add to it yet," he had to tell him that. One of Sebastet's requirements of him. He had to inform people of the spells he used unless they didn't want to know. A bit prudish of her, he thought, considering the protective spells she put on the island without telling anyone they were there.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:42 am
Cass gave a pleased smile as the man left the shop, knowing that he hadn't intended to make the slips he had but was grateful for them. He picked up the two rare gems the man had left and considered them in silence, trying to decide what to carve them into. They would have to be something special since they were so rare.

He finally made a decision for each one and carried them, and the delivered shipment, into the back of the shop where his living quarters were to get started. He set the two priceless pieces on the small table beside his favorite chair, said chair being near the open back doors that opened up to the beach giving him the perfect view of the ocean beyond, and went through the shipment first.

He'd been right. The delivery was everything he'd asked for as well as a few extras. Those extras delighted him since they were equally as rare as the pieces Kota had given him. A rare fire opal, a blue diamond, a chocolate diamond the size of his fist, and an even more rare pink ruby larger than the chocolate diamond. He set those four with the other two rare stones and moved to put the rest of the shipment with his other gemstones then returned to his chair to get started on his carving.

The carving was an act that allowed his mind to relax, something that soothed him almost as much as swimming did. He took his time with it, using a few hand tools as well as magic to do it, ensuring that each piece was perfect.

In the end, the Jeremejevite he'd carved into a female mermaid on a rock with a wave splashing against the rock in front of her. He'd add a spell to it later that would allow the wave to appear to be moving and another to increase the sparkle of the scales on her tail.

The Black Opal, however, he'd done something even more special with. That one was now a male Siren, an image of himself in his other form, sleeping on the beach. He'd already added the spells on it that would allow the true fire of the opal to shine through and would protect the piece from being stolen. This one, he'd keep for himself, something he rarely did.

The other four were the usual pieces he carved to sell; the fire opal now a traditional heart with the usual romance spells set into it, the blue diamond now a tiny dragon with protection spells, the chocolate diamond now a wolf with spells to help a shifter shift form easier, and the pink ruby now a double heart with spells to ease a broken heart and to help find and bind a true love together.

The pieces he'd removed from all the stones would later be set into more traditional pieces; rings, bracelets, necklaces, and broaches. Things that helped add to his sales and purchases. But the extra pieces from the black opal he'd set aside for himself.

He finally put everything away and stepped outside the double doors that lead to the beach, removed his clothes, and ran into the water, needing to go for a swim.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:33 pm
Cassius double checked the blanket and the light meal he had waiting and wondered, yet again, why he was doing this. Oh yes, the male intrigued him. That was why. He gave a soft sigh and and went inside to change, putting on another pair of tight-fitting dark jeans and a loose Renaissance-style shirt in a very pale lavender. He left his shoes off, knowing that it would be easier to move through the sand that way. He considered his hair then and knew he'd leave it loose again so he simply brushed it out and tossed it over his shoulder.

Admittedly, having the picnic on the beach would try him a bit, but he thought it would be worth it. He went to the double doors that stood open to the breeze and looked out over the beach to the ocean beyond in silence. As much as he loved the ocean, he hated it too. He hated anything that had power over him. But it also gave freedom to his other form, had given birth to him in its own way. So he loved it too.

He gave a soft sigh and turned away from the view and turned to the pieces he'd just finished and considered the ones he'd made from the stones Kota had given to him. He knew he'd never sell the black opal piece and was considering keeping the other one as well.

He finally turned away from them as well, now heading to the large gemstone he'd only just gotten from a cavern underneath the island. It was another moonstone, this one very large, easily the size of his head. He'd spent hours cleaning the rock from the gem and wondered what he was going to make with it.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 2:07 pm
Vihata

Cassius turned around when the small owl landed on his shoulder, taking the event in stride as he gave a small smile to Kota standing in the doorway, "I'm glad you were able to make it. Come, the blanket is comfortable in the sand and the sun simply warming instead of dreadful today," he said simply as he gestured to the blanket he'd laid out with the small basket of light foods in one corner.

He reached up to gently ruffle the feathers on the owl's chest and found a place to scratch him, earning a small 'hurr' of pleasure from the creature. But he kept it short and encouraged the little one to return to Kota, something he was glad to do.

As he sat down on the blanket and started laying out simple fruits and a bottle of a light wine, he glanced over at the owl now trying to snuggle itself into Kota's hair, "I hope you don't mind the little one... He's been trying to nest in the house and I thought he'd do a bit better with you..." he said softly, hoping that he wouldn't have to mention that the little thing had actually wanted to be 'bound' to the smaller carved gem he'd given to Kota.

The little owl had figured Cassius to be a better judge of a caretaker than he would be and had actually suggested it, the cheeky little pest...  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:00 pm
Vihata

Cassius gave a simple nod, grateful that Desha had given just enough information without giving too much, "Yes, I'm a mermaid. But I'm an unusual one. You may or may not know that Sirens are rare, cherished by my kind and fiercely protected. Well, the females are. The males are also to an extent. Most of the males are weaker in power to the females and are easily kept under control. But once every few thousand years or so, a male Siren is born that puts the females abilities to shame. Most are killed off young since they can't be controlled. I was different... My mother kept me a secret until I was old enough to defend myself then returned to her home. My kind tolerate me now but they know they don't dare attack me. So I'm left in peace here to live as I please," he explained it openly, not bothering to hide that much from the man.

He passed over a bowl of fruits the little owl dearly loved, "Put that on the blanket next to you and get him down there to eat or you'll have a mess all over you," he suggested but smiled at the little thing, "He may be a bit cheeky but at least he's cute," he added, finding that he actually had a fondness for the little owl. Most of the time, he didn't like other creatures. Well, those that didn't live in water. But the little owl had crawled under his skin somehow.

"But back to the mermaid thing. Let's see if I can get all of the usual questions out of the way first. Do I sing? Yes, but you don't want me to right now. I can actually sing sailors to drown themselves with a smile on their face. Do I turn 'fishy' in the water? Yes I do, all water. It takes a bit longer in fresh water which is the only thing that allows me to bathe. Can I breathe under water? Of course I can. I wouldn't be much of a mermaid if I couldn't.

"Now then, what questions, other than those, do you have?" he asked, his lavender eyes showing humor over the situation instead of annoyance as he ate some of the strawberries and blackberries.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:00 pm
Vihata

Cassius was surprised at the question. It was one he'd never been asked before. He considered how to answer the question but found himself distracted when Kota laid down, giving him a very tempting view. But he gave himself a mental shake to clear his thoughts and moved on, determined to keep things calm for the moment.

"No... That makes me unusual and would probably get me welcomed back into the fold if I cared for it. But they made their decisions and I made mine. I do get one or two that swim up and commission a piece from me, but that's about it. My spellcasting also makes me unusual, even more rare having the ability to bind those spells to the gems I carve. Most gems won't take a spell, but I can put anything I wish on them," he explained softly.

He noted the slight frown on Kota's face and considered the cause as well as Desha's timely note earlier. That enabled him to put two and two together and figure out the problem. He easily cast a silent spell that would shield all the onyx pieces in his shop and home, knowing it would give the man some relief and made a mental note to do the shields if Kota was every coming to visit again.

Thankfully, he didn't have alot of onyx about right now.

"But what about you? I do want to learn more about you, Kota. Not what you are... Everyone asks those silly questions... I want to know more about you," he asked then clarified the question, hoping he'd actually answer it.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 4:49 pm
Vihata

Cassius shook his head simply to the first question, answering that one easily. No, he wouldn't be going back into the fold. They'd likely try to lock him down in order to try to control him. So that one wasn't happening.

He shook his head again over Kota's painting but spoke to the second half of that instead, "I highly doubt you're that uninteresting. Otherwise, I wouldn't have given you a second glance. Yes, I know what you are, Kota, but it doesn't mean that much to me. I've met more than a few of your race over the years and they've always wound up going their own way not quite sure what to make of the experience of meeting me.

"I remember one fellow who assumed that I'd want to be free of my other form. He wasn't very good at what he was supposed to do if that was his thought about me. He found it very interesting when I politely but firmly told him no then walked away from him. Another tried to give me my 'hearts desire' then looked very confused when I told him I already had it," he explained and waited another moment in silence before crawling over to him, the movement more sensual than sexual.

He paused when his head was above Kota's and simply leaned down to whisper in his ear, "I already know who and what I am, am comfortable with it, enjoy it, even. I have my lovers when and where I wish, live in a virtual paradise, and am doing something I love to do... If I could have anything... Anything at all... It isn't something a wish could grant me..." he said softly then sat back, hoping that his little tease hadn't been too much.  

Red Gypsy
Captain

Dangerous Kitten

13,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
Vampire Island: Main Areas

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 30 31 32 33 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash