.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]
[I/T] Shani'Jamii - A D&D based Pride! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which version of the game are you more familiar with?
  The orginal D&D (1.0)
  Advanced D&D (2.0)
  D&D 3.0-3.5
  D&D 4e
  I haven't played!
View Results

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 6:49 pm
^^ Currently taking cert background suggestions! I'm still very undecided on what I want it to be and would love to hear any ideas.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:15 pm
WHOO! Nat 20!!!
SOA's Name: Faicië
Class: Ranger
Rank: Idk, I'd prefer she start at Veteran, but am cool with Amateur.
Personality: Morose, a little morbid, cold, and puts up walls around her to keep people out. It isn't because she is afraid to let anyone it, but simply because she just really doesn't like you. Heaven forbid if she does, for then you're little more than a butt-monkey to her, someone for her to pick on for her own entertainment. And yet, for all that, she is a true-neutral. Huh....
Brief History:Her life began as nothing special. She always had a subdued personality. One day she simply put behind the family that did little more than annoy her, leaving them to start her own life. It was harder than she had expected, and she learned not with the gentleness and protection of those who loved her to guide her, but with nature, bitter and cruel. And she learned, oh yes, she learned. She became one with nature, and embodied all it's mercilessness, while learning also not to take or do what did not benefit her. She became very self-centered - if it did not serve her to do something, then she would not do it. She did no favors out of good will or charity, nor did she expect to receive such. It was then, only out of laughable irony, that her heart burned for the hunt, and the thrill therein. Days of tracking would fill her heart with anticipation. Of course, the hunt was not always petty game, but sometimes an adventure for something more. But once one hunt, one adventure was done, that thrill would wane, and she'd be off in search of another.
Why does adventure appeal to them? The thrill of the 'hunt.'  

OP-Yuna
Crew

Dulcet Scarface

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 03, 2014 8:49 pm
F a y t h - x
WHOO! Nat 20!!!
SOA's Name: Faicië
Class: Ranger
Rank: Idk, I'd prefer she start at Veteran, but am cool with Amateur.
Personality: Morose, a little morbid, cold, and puts up walls around her to keep people out. It isn't because she is afraid to let anyone it, but simply because she just really doesn't like you. Heaven forbid if she does, for then you're little more than a butt-monkey to her, someone for her to pick on for her own entertainment. And yet, for all that, she is a true-neutral. Huh....
Brief History:Her life began as nothing special. She always had a subdued personality. One day she simply put behind the family that did little more than annoy her, leaving them to start her own life. It was harder than she had expected, and she learned not with the gentleness and protection of those who loved her to guide her, but with nature, bitter and cruel. And she learned, oh yes, she learned. She became one with nature, and embodied all it's mercilessness, while learning also not to take or do what did not benefit her. She became very self-centered - if it did not serve her to do something, then she would not do it. She did no favors out of good will or charity, nor did she expect to receive such. It was then, only out of laughable irony, that her heart burned for the hunt, and the thrill therein. Days of tracking would fill her heart with anticipation. Of course, the hunt was not always petty game, but sometimes an adventure for something more. But once one hunt, one adventure was done, that thrill would wane, and she'd be off in search of another.
Why does adventure appeal to them? The thrill of the 'hunt.'

Welcome! This lady sounds like she has a lot of character to her, glad to have her. <3 If you could please assign the six numbers to her stats and roll for HP, I'll get her character sheet posted on the front page.

#s to assign: -1, 0, 0, +1, +2, +3

Stats: strength, dexterity, constitution, intelligence, wisdom, and charisma.

I'm also good with her starting as a veteran lvl. 5 character, which means you'll be able to add +1 to any stat once the six numbers are assigned.

Rolling for HP
Every character has max HP at first level, so she'll start out with 8 (rangers are 1d8 + CON for every level) plus her CON bonus. You'll need to roll 4d8 and then add her CON bonus (x4) for the rest of the HP.

Let me know if this is confusing and I'll try to explain it better!  
OP-Yuna rolled 4 8-sided dice: 1, 7, 4, 7 Total: 19 (4-32)
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:17 pm
Strength: -1
Dexterity: +2
Constitution: +3
Intelligence: +1 (assigned, was 0)
Wisdom: +1 (then I still add +1 for being a WD, right? so that would actually make this +2?)
Charisma: 0

Now rolling for the HP, which if I could have help with, that'd be great because HURP DERP NUMBERZ *brain shuts off*  

OP-Yuna
Crew

Dulcet Scarface

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:22 pm
Fayth-x

Looks wonderful! You assigned the stats very well. ^^

As for HP, you rolled 19 total. Now to add CON you add the bonus x her levels which is (3 x 4 = 12). So, 19 + 12 + 11 (first level maxed) = 42 HP! That's very good for a character her level. <3  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 5:23 pm
I have a whole week of vacation after tomorrow, so I'll be hitting this concept hard and filling in all the fluff. ^^

Is there anything anyone would like me to expand upon, or would like to see explained?  

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:49 pm
We now have a Thayiga'Thunzi! xD Siyo-Jini's Mbia will be working on drumming up interest while I spruce up the front page.

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:24 am
Also, Lithia is awesome! Meet Siyo'Jini, the pride's Ubasi!

User Image  

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100

jackiee153

Eloquent Explorer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 8:33 am
I have never played D&D before, but this looks like a wonderful idea, just sayin'... ninja  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:10 pm
My husband got me into it a few years ago, and I think I may be just the tiniest bit addicted. xD  

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100

Kaliforneum

Celestial Kitten

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:47 pm
WHOO! Nat 20!!!
SOA's Name: Nila
Class: Rogue!
Personality: Easy going, chill, and actually quite generous with her treasure. She's a people-pleaser through and through. Nila loves teaching others the art of treasure-hunting, and is always happy to have newbies tag along on quests. There isn't much that gets her down, save for strict rules and overly-controlling character. A free spirit, Nila really hates being confined in both mind and spirit. If her creativity isn't allowed to do it's thing, then someone will have a very grumpy cheetah on their paws.
Brief History: Always fascinated by shiny things, treasure-hunting came naturally to Nila. She has the speed to get in and get out without being caught, and has pulled off a number of successful heists. But being the social-butterfly that she is, the life of the solitary adventurer became just a little too lonely. Nila found the pride by following tales of its members' reputations. It was there that she picked up a few more tricks, found a few friends, and ultimately found a home. She goes out on campaigns quite often, some solitary, some not, as there is a bit of wanderlust in her heart, but at the end of the day Nila will always find her way back home.
Why does adventure appeal to them? Nila really just loves shiny things. She likes finding, wearing them, and seeing how happy shiny things can make others. All in all, she's here to have fun with friends and find lots of shinies.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 9:49 pm
Kaliforneum
WHOO! Nat 20!!!
SOA's Name: Nila
Class: Rogue!
Personality: Easy going, chill, and actually quite generous with her treasure. She's a people-pleaser through and through. Nila loves teaching others the art of treasure-hunting, and is always happy to have newbies tag along on quests. There isn't much that gets her down, save for strict rules and overly-controlling character. A free spirit, Nila really hates being confined in both mind and spirit. If her creativity isn't allowed to do it's thing, then someone will have a very grumpy cheetah on their paws.
Brief History: Always fascinated by shiny things, treasure-hunting came naturally to Nila. She has the speed to get in and get out without being caught, and has pulled off a number of successful heists. But being the social-butterfly that she is, the life of the solitary adventurer became just a little too lonely. Nila found the pride by following tales of its members' reputations. It was there that she picked up a few more tricks, found a few friends, and ultimately found a home. She goes out on campaigns quite often, some solitary, some not, as there is a bit of wanderlust in her heart, but at the end of the day Nila will always find her way back home.
Why does adventure appeal to them? Nila really just loves shiny things. She likes finding, wearing them, and seeing how happy shiny things can make others. All in all, she's here to have fun with friends and find lots of shinies.

She sounds adventurous! <3 And she can totally start as Iqhawe.

If you could please assign these numbers to the following six stats:

-1, 0, 0, +1, +2, and +3 (As a cheetah she'll get an additional +1 to her intelligence. And for passing lvl 4 you have an additional +1 to add to any stat of your choosing.)

Strength:
Dexterity:
Constitution:
Intelligence:
Wisdom:
Charisma:

Rolling HP
Every character has max HP at first level, so she'll start out with 6 (rogues are 1d6 + CON for every level) plus her CON bonus once you get that assigned. You'll need to roll 4d6 and then add her CON bonus (x4) for the rest of the HP.

Let me know if you need any help with this. ^^  

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:56 am
heart  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 5:09 pm
WHOO! Nat 20!!!
SOA's Name: Rudra
Class: Paladin
Rank: Iqhawe preferably due to his history but if not that's fine!
Personality: Rudra was a brave little cub who took it upon himself to protect those around him. Fearless, he will be the first to sacrifice himself for someone he loves. He grew up in constant danger and has saw first-hand some of the cruelties of life a cub should never have to see brought down onto unsuspecting, innocent people. His mother’s constant reminders of the danger they lived in have sunk in, causing him to very quiet and sneaky, often times slipping away without being noticed only to ghost back later. He enjoys exploring but tries to measure it with safety, and only goes when he is sure he can get there and back safely.

He never let his fear stop him from defending his mother or his family and taking problems head on.

Though Rudra tends to be quiet around strangers, if prompted correctly, he will speak his mind with little measure as compared to his usually carefully chosen words.

When amongst friends and family, when he feels safe, Ru is a sweet, loving, if not protective lion that will chatter and pounce for fun. He values family and tries to find the good in life despite his depressing upbringing.

Brief History: Rudra grew up in an oppressive pride. His very existence was grounds for the death of his entire family and his mother, knowing as much, kept them hidden and trained them to be stealthy. When Rudra escaped the pride (it disbanded OOC) he began to wander the roguelands looking to experience all life has to offer that he missed before.

Why does adventure appeal to them? He's been caged up his whole life. : [  

Kallysto

Shameless Senshi

Jovi of Shadows

Dangerous Werewolf

7,950 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 7:51 pm
Kallysto

Poor guy! He's sounds like he's had a hard life, but that's often the stuff that makes hardy adventurers. *gives him some luff* And he can start as Iqhawe. <3

If you could please assign these numbers to the following six stats:

-1, 0, 0, +1, +2, and +3 (He'll get an additional +1 to his strength for being a lion. And for passing lvl 4 you have an additional +1 to add to any stat of your choosing.)

Strength:
Dexterity:
Constitution:
Intelligence:
Wisdom:
Charisma:

Rolling HP
Every character has max HP at first level, so he'll start out with 8 (paladins are 1d8 + CON for every level) plus her CON bonus once you get that assigned. You'll need to roll 4d8 and then add his CON bonus (x4) for the rest of the HP.

Let me know if you need any help with this. ^^  
[OOC] Plot Recruitment Threads [OOC]

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces