Welcome to Gaia! ::

Lands of Imagination (RP Guild)

Back to Guilds

A roleplay guild where everything is possible! 

Tags: Roleplaying, Romance, Action, Horror, Adventure 

Reply [26] Survival
Running On Borrowed Time (O/A) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anyone interested in this roleplay?
  I am! c:
  Not me. >:c
  Bugger off, muppet! D:<
  The faces got me, sign me up! xD
  I'm doing this so late but I can't sleep because of some foppish insomnia. x-x Halp.
  :{D Moustashio!
  I'm just here for the potato. (::)
View Results

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:46 pm
Alexander Ashewell

User Image As he slowly and cautiously walked down the street, Alexander wen over in his mind the plan for today. He'd been thinking about checking out the school for a while, and planned to do when it got nice, like today. He semi-remembered it from the time he'd been fresh out of college, looking for a job. He'd applied here, but they hadn't taken him. Funny, he thought, frowning a bit. I remember being so disappointed, but if I had gotten a job and lived here, would I still be alive today? Anyways, going back to the plan, he remembered the school had a wood shop class. If nobody had gone through there yet, there may be a decent supply of building materials and tools, things he could use later. And maybe one of those rolling pallet movers, one of those would be exceptionally nice. Approaching the entrance to the school, he continued to gaze around the street. Only a few zombies off in the distance, nothing had noticed him yet. Approaching the front door, he drew his sword as a precaution, the metal of the blade sliding against the metal sheath with a low hiss. The front glass door had been broken, so he carefully slipped inside. He would check the main office first, see if there was any map of the building. Hopefully, he would be able to check the janitors supply as well, the supply closet in the library had been.... Lacking. Carefully making his way through the office, he began his search.

After a short search, he'd found what he needed. The classroom he was looking for was near the back of the school, conveniently near to the janitors supply. Making his way to the halls, he stepped out of the office, and was staring into he hollow eyes of the undead. They both seemed slightly surprised by the other, just waiting for the other to make a move. Alexander moved first. Raising his sword, he brought it down in a vicious swing, missing and sending the blade buried deep into the zombie's shoulder, through the collarbone and into the chest cavity. The zombie wailed, and charged forward, flailing it arms and pushing Alexander back as he pulled the blade from the zombie with a wet sucking sound. Having backed up enough, he swung the blade back horizontally this time, chopping deep into the thick skull of the creature. But flesh and bone were not match for metal, and the creature's remaining life was snuffed. It fell to the ground as Alexander removed the blade, looking for something to wipe it off with. He quickly froze, his blood chilling a bit as he heard more screaming form outside the school. It appeared as if the zombie had throw out a lifeline before he died, and his comrades in death were coming to assist. Awwwwwww C'mon! And it was going so well! Dammit.... Okay..... Think, no, run. Run now! Maybe they won't notice if you move fast enough? Maybe? Alexander quickly exited the front office, and took of down the halls. If he could get to the wood shop, he could probably either hide, or have enough time to come up with a better plan.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:14 pm
Known Survivor Population: 3
Time of Day: Late Morning
Weather: Mild
Zombie Concentration: Medium
Number of Infected: 40
Zombie Type: Normal
Known Mutated Zombie Population: 0
Danger Level: Low

User ImageUser Image

Incoming Horde!

A small group of the mass of zombies at the mall broke off during the morning for no reason. There were about three dozen of the common undead to this group, barely putting a dent in the numbers that fought and wandered around inside and outside the mall. They wandered northeast through the streets and saw a human in the distance entering the school. Naturally they adjusted their direction to follow him, hoping to have another being share in their collective misery. As they closed in on the school their growls and yells became louder and more clear- they were becoming very angry and excited at the prospect of a trapped human. Their cries began to echo throughout all the halls of the school, penetrating the building all the way to the back where the gymnasium and swimming pool were. Their pace began to turn into a loping run as they entered the parking lot.

If Alexander eventually found his way to the woodshop classroom, he would be able to see an abundance of sturdy planks, at least a dozen boxes of nails, a handful of hammers, and a few hand saws. However there was nothing in the room that would be useful for moving them over large distances, and most of the planks were too large to be carried without difficulty- some were even too large to remove without being cut first. There were plenty of places to hide in the woodshop as well, but it would only help him if he could get there fast enough to not be seen by any of the infected.

After the recent activity in the swimming pool area, the door from the hallways was wide open and the noise had attracted some zombies from outside to the back exit that Dylan had been considering as an escape route. The zombies pounded away at the door in hopes of opening it through sheer brute force.

[[OOC: Good luck to those of you in the school area!]]
MarukawaBubbleGum

The_Sane_Hatter

Yoshielite
Vice Captain

MarukawaBubbleGum

Generous Phantom

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:45 pm
User ImageUser Image

Location: school swimming pool
                                                      Condition: fine

Ema cringed from the hideous roar emitting from its rotten teeth. Of all the zombies she had to run into, it had to be a cannibal. What is this thing doing in the abandoned town, anyway? Did it follow a stalker here? Were there other humans around besides her to feast upon? The thought of potential survivors was likely, and yet at the same time, unbelievable.

The zombie pulled its nasty jaws away from her machete and snapped its teeth. The sharp sound made Ema's throat tighten. It's going to eat her unless she does something. With the weight of the zombie lifted, she used the opportunity to get away. But the cannibal gripped her wrist and held her down with such force that she yelped in shock. The pain in her hand drew her mind into the horrible reality of death. The last thing she saw was the terrifying, giant bulge of her killer's eyes closing in on her before she heard a loud crack that made her heart skip a beat.

BAM!

The zombie's head flew to the other side of the pool and the decapitated body went limp onto hers. Ema recoiled from the body and jerked her hand free from the bony fingers that encased her wrist. Then, before her mind could wrap around just what in the hell happened, another thing came and pulled the body off of her. Her eyes flashed toward this new threat and she quickly recovered her machete. But what she saw wasn't another zombie. It was a human. A man. A survivor. This discovery didn't make her loose the hostility in her eyes as she watched him.

"Hey, are you okay?" He asked, offering a hand for her to take. Ema didn't break her gaze as she reluctantly accepted his help. She felt too shaken up to pull herself back on her feet, anyway. "We had better get out of here, in case there are more zannibals... those are the worst." Ema didn't know why, but this guy looked familiar to her. She inspected his features and tried to dig into her memory as he spoke to her. "Oh, and my name's Dylan. What's yours?"

Dylan, Dylan. She felt like she should know him, but from where she couldn't figure it out. After running his name through her head a few times, it finally hit her. "Dylan..Reynolds," She said, and was surprised by the sound of her own voice. When was the last time she had spoken, she wondered. Ema always kept quiet because she didn't want to draw any attention, so hearing herself speak felt so foreign. It was almost scary. "You played at my school once. My friend made sure to not forget. Athlete, right?" She asked, trying to confirm if her speculations are correct. "I'm Ema." She introduced herself using her nickname. "And this town used to be my home."

The distant sound of shuffling feet caught her attention. She didn't turn to face the noise, but she was well aware of the approaching guests that will soon enter the pool area from the hallway door. The incident with the zannibal must've alerted nearby zombies.

Time to get out of here. She thought to herself as she turned away without saying any more to Dylan. Ema didn't even bother to thank him as she climbed up the ladder and got out of the pool. She was so used to being on her own that telling people what she was planning to do next didn't run through her thought process. Besides, meeting another human terrified her more than the zombies.

As if on cue, a pair of zombies came out from the tall bushes outside. Their arms crawled all over the window toward Ema. She froze there, petrified as even more undead came barging out of the foliage. They grouped up as they pounded on the door, trying to force their way inside. Ema's face went white. She didn't know what to do. For the first time since she saw another living being, her mind went blank.

Yoshielite

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:09 pm
Known Survivor Population: 2
Zombie Concentration: Low, but in clusters

User ImageUser Image

Zombie Horde!

Zombies in the area had begun to leave buildings and alleyways that they had been hidden in, revealing their grotesque appearances to all under the bright light of the sun. Each of them mulled around without much sense of direction but began to form small groups and were growling at one another as if they were prepared to fight. Some of them had been drawn in by the noises made outside the amusement park and had begun to gather there, pounding on the gate and fences of the entrance as they wiled in anger. This now effectively blocked entering and exiting the Amusement Park for a while, although they could not get in.

Some others had been grouping themselves in the City Complex's main yard, wandering about the deserted place in a most miserable fashion. They had been wallowing there so long in their misery that they almost missed the human that came cautiously strolling towards the complexes. The ones who saw him yelled in unison, attracting the attention of the other zombies in the plaza. Soon they began to rush at him, collecting themselves into a group as the distance between them narrowed.

A similar situation began to occur on the streets around a woman who was making her way downtown. The zombies saw her pass by and came out of their various holes and alleyways that they had been previously moping in to follow her down the road. As their numbers increased, so did the terrible sound of their mournful and angry cries. Some were limping lazily forward while others had begun to take longer, lop-sided strides in an attempt to jog and catch the human girl.

[[OOC: Good luck in the streets, zombies are becoming a bit more active now! Also, I'm sorry to hear that happened... that's very unnerving. Was the door unlocked or something?]]
Wyrda Stenr

Yoshielite
Vice Captain

Yoshielite
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:52 pm
User Image

Dylan Reynolds

☢I'm Not Hiding, I'm Living:☢ At the Gymnasium.
☠Group:☠ Ema.
☠Get Pumped:☠ They're coming...
☠I Hate Thinking:☠ It's cool, no need for thanks or anything...
☠OOC:☠ ((...))

Dylan helped the girl onto her feet with a smile, glad that she had accepted his help. He couldn't help but notice that it seemed like she was glaring at him. She probably didn't trust him- he didn't blame her. It would be crazy to trust random people most of the time in a situation like this. He felt a bit odd as she seemed to look him over, as if she were sizing him up or trying to recognize him. When she spoke his full name, his eyes brows shot up in surprise. How the hell did she know that? he wondered as he watched some surprise enter her face as well. Then she explained the reason she knew him almost immediately after he had the thought, making him feel almost paranoid. What is she, psychic? He pushed his thoughts to the side quickly- it simply wasn't the time to be mulling over something so meaningless. Especially not when they were in the open. "Yeah, you got it right." he replied, "I didn't think anyone would have remembered that." He was almost stroking his own ego with the last statement but came back to reality when she introduced herself. He responded with a curt, "Nice to meet you, Em..." but stopped short as she spun around and climbed out of the pool, heading towards the door. He could hear the sounds of the approaching horde too, but he wasn't about to just split up when he had finally met a survivor- especially a cute girl. "..ma." he finished his response with a frank and confused voice, wondering why she was leaving.

"Hey Ema, wait up!" he called out to her, vaulting himself up the ladder with little difficulty. "Don't tell me you're about to take off on your own, huh? I finally meet another living human being in this place, and they don't even want to stick together? That's crazy!" He made sure to keep his voice down, but knew it didn't matter too much when he saw her frozen by the window. The zombies outside were trying to reach her through the glass, completely oblivious to the fact that they could not reach through the seemingly open space. He walked quickly beside her and saw that she had become pale. That concerned him more than the new pounding of undead limbs on the doors. With her track record so far today, there's no way in hell I'm going to let her wander off on her own. he thought to himself, trying to come up with a plan. Dylan didn't just hate thinking, he downright despised it. He wasn't as smart as the rest of his class but when the situation needed a leader, he could definitely step up to the plate. He tapped his head a few times and then snapped, coming up with a temporary solution. Grabbing a firm hold of Ema's hand, he tugged her away from the window and towards the passing door to the gym. He checked to make sure there were no zombies inside and then opened it quickly, pulling her inside before closing it. Sure, the zombies must have seen where they had went, but if they hid now, they were normally to thick to know where to look.

"Ema, you gotta snap out of it. We're going to make it through this alive." he said, squeezing her hand a little to try and get her to come out of her trance. "The plan I thought of was just to hide in the upper bleachers where I normally sleep. It's almost impossible for the zombies to get there and it's easy to hide in." The only reason he sounded like he had thought this through well was because he did... for weeks. It took him that long, and he silently cursed his lack of an ability to plan. "There's also a ladder to get to the upper maintenance catwalks if we need to escape more." he continued before making a brash assumption: "You seem to have a real good memory and are probably really smart. If you can think of any way of us to get out of this that you think is better, I'm all ears- and I'll make it happen." Although his reasoning seemed like that of a child, his eyes burned with the determination of a man. He knew that he could pull off anything that would need to be done.

MarukawaBubbleGum

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:59 pm
User ImageUser Image

Loretta Degas
&
Xenia Manchezler

User Image

Loretta didn't make it far at all before she started hearing the moans and shuffling of zombies emerging from the shadows. She could hear them slowly collecting behind her. Well so much for searching the city without gaining any attention. She glanced behind and realized just how severe her situation was. Their numbers were steadily growing, going way past the number she could deal with. "Oh no... No, no, no..." She muttered before turning around and running as fast as she possible could down the road. If the increasing sound of growls and groans were anything to go by then their numbers were still going up steadily. She needed to find somewhere to hide or a place to gather the zombies where they would be easier to pick off without putting herself in anymore danger. It was by then that she noticed the nearby Apartment and Office Complex, the identical buildings drawing her attention. Not exactly a good place to hide in but it would have to do for now. 

Loretta glanced behind her, taking note of how close the zombies had gotten, before running at a faster pace to reach the closest Apartment building. It was almost like running away from something in a nightmare. She felt like she wasn't moving fast enough and that the zombies were catching up rather quickly. The building seemed to be so far away. By the time she actually reached it a few of the faster zombies had already caught up to her. She turned around, stopping in her tracks, and reached behind her to pull out a standard police issued pistol. As soon as a zombie stepped into shooting range she would attempt at slowing it down by firing a shot at it, hoping to hit something vital in the chest area. She would hack at a few that had gotten too close, backing up as she did. She glanced back and, upon realizing that she was close enough to a door, turned around to run towards it. It was unlocked, thank goodness, but swung inward. The zombies would easily be able to use their weight to keep the door open. She cursed her luck and located the nearest stair well to start making her way up that while the zombies followed her. It definitely was a horrible idea to trap herself in a building but she would hopefully find a room that she could shut herself in for the time being.

--------------------

Xenia heard the distant growls of the zombies as their volume increased and looked up from her book. She sighed in irritation and dog-eared her page before closing and putting the book down. "Not even five minutes and that girl has already gotten herself in trouble..." She mumbled under her breath as she pulled together a few choice weapons and placed them ether on her belt, over a shoulder, or carried it. Looks like she was going to have to hunt down some zombies. First off she would have to find a good spot to shoot them from, which was at a high place that was hard to reach for a zombie. No problem, the Amusement Park provided plenty of high places. She exited her shelter, locking the door behind her, and crept towards the closest roller coaster. Most of them had platforms at occasional places, and ladders leading up to them. She knew were practically everything was in this park so she had no trouble in knowing where to go. She walked over to the bars holding the tracks up and jumped over the fence blocking people from getting to close. She landed lightly on her feet, looked around, and began climbing the later.

[ Didn't want to go too far unless it started sounding like god modding. I know you are in charge of the zombies. :3 Oh, the door was locked. Apparently my step father gave his employee a key to the house to take a shower and didn't tell me anything about it. Scared the living daylights out of me though. ]

Wyrda Stenr
Captain

Invisible Streaker

10,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100

Yoshielite
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:37 am
Wilhelm Steinherz

"Verrücktes Wunderkind"

User Image
☢Just Another Day Here:☢ In the City Streets Between The Office Apartment Complex and the City Complex.
☠Other Survivors I’m With:☠ None.
☠And I'm:☠ On the retreat.
☠What’s On My Mind:☠ Should have known it was too good to be true...
☠OOC:☠ ((I hope you guys are all have fun with this roleplay so far, and I do want to let you know that I am open to suggestions about how to proceed or what should happen in the plot! I want this to be as interactive as possible, so please speak up if you think of an idea you would like to see in the plot or roleplay in general! Also just so you know, I have no problem with you guys tackling normal zombies whenever you feel like it, as long as you're reasonable with how the scenario plays out. By that I just mean no one-man-army kind of stuff- which happens to be something I have to watch myself on- and please do call me out on it if it seems like I'm favoring specific characters or giving my characters any unfair advantages. ^^))

Wilhelm saw the few zombies that were milling around the City Complex easily, but was not worried. There were maybe a half a dozen at most, and he had guns and knives. He continued his pace towards the City Complex until he got a bit too close for comfort. The right corner of his mouth tugged to the side in a frown. He had not expected so many to be behind the buildings... and it seemed like more had just appeared out of nowhere right before his eyes. Now there were much more- perhaps upwards of two dozen. He did not like those odds. As he began to back up, he saw a few zombies spin around and yell at him. "Schiesse!" He swore under his breath as he spun around and bolted back in the direction he had come. He knew exactly was about to happen without visual or audial confirmation: the zombies were now completely aware of human presence and were going to chase him to try and kill them. And just when I thought I was going to have a nice relaxing scavenging day... he thought bitterly with a gruff laugh, running down the streets and ducking down various alleyways to try and avoid the incoming horde.

He immediately regretted his decision as he ran headlong into a zombie puking against the wall of the alleyway he had just entered. He was a bit startled and frustrated at his own stupidity, and it dawned on him that he would have less maneuvering room in the narrow structures anyhow. He growled in unison with the zombie he ran into, ripping the combat knife from his sheath and plunging it into the zombie's spine. The zombie became just a corpse once more, slumping to the ground. Unfortunately for Wilhelm, the small encounter gave the zombies some time to catch up to him. He could hear their growls and barks clearly now, and turned his head to see some entering the alleyway. He ran with renewed vigor straight out onto the other street, breezing past another infected who soon joined in the chase. Just as he thought he was out of luck, he saw a ladder leaned up against the side of a house and thanked God for being on his side. He scaled the ladder quickly and then yanked it up with as much speed as he could muster. The zombies began to jump at the rooftop, trying without avail to reach the pesky human.

He smiled at their howls of rage and began to shoot them. At first, he thought that his gun had made the gunshot he heard, but he had fired far too many bullets for there to only be one shot and his gun was silenced. He ignored that thought, trying to keep himself as little distracted as possible. When there were only a few left, he hopped down on one to conserve ammo and used his knife to combat them. He was quite used to fighting the normal undead with knives now since they tended not to bite, but he was not ready for how he fell. As he went to hop down on top of a zombie it jumped up and cocked back a mean sucker punch... or sucker club, really. Wilhelm was smacked against the house siding and slid down the rest of the way landing painfully on his butt. He was simply glad that the roof of the apartment was only about a twelve foot drop, or he could have been injured much worse. He ignored the pain in his stomach and rear, focusing on the closest zombie: namely the one that had struck him. he grabbed its arm and wrenched it closer to him, plunging his knife between its eyes in its decay-softened skull. The zombie fell backwards as he kicked its now-limp body at another charging undead, causing both to tumble to the ground. That left him with one zombie to face at a time. He ducked under the zombie's swinging arm and plunged his knife into its jaw, uppercut style. As the zombie fell back, its comrade got up and charged forward while swinging its arms like windmills. Wilhelm went to take two steps back, but found himself up against the apartment siding within his first step. He took a hit to his left arm as he stabbed the shoulder of the zombie to make it less of a threat. Then he quickly removed his second knife from his boot and used it to help him wrench the undead's head from his shoulders. Without missing a stride, he removed his first knife from the collapsed zombie's shoulder and thrust both into the eye sockets of the last undead before it could fully stand up.

He wiped the blood and gore off his knives, panting from all the 'exercise'. He was too hungry to be dealing with hordes- and he had gotten lucky. That's when he swore that he head more on the other side of the house. He mentally cursed himself for leaving the handy ladder on top of the roof and jumping down- it was a stupid decision- one he would not make again. He sighed and tested out a gutter for sturdiness. It creaked a bit, but he was able to put all of his weight on it without snapping. He made his way back up to the roof slowly but surely, making sure not to make much sound or any sudden movements. Once he was up there, he listened to the sounds of the undead and took a breather. He could hear them yelling and growling and barking along with their footsteps. That's when it dawned on him- it sounded like they were chasing someone. The gunshot! He looked over the side of the roof, but only saw the last few backs of infected as they ran inside the Office Complex. He needed to catch his breath for a moment, but if there was another survivor here, he needed to try and make contact. He just hoped that they weren't as moronic and noisy as the last people he had encountered in the Hospital.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:45 am
Known Survivor Population: 1
Number of Zombies: 25-30
Zombie Concentration: Moderately High
Danger Level: Medium

User ImageUser Image

Zombie Horde!

The zombies chased Loretta down the street with unthinking persistence. Humans always ran and fought. From the undead, the dead, the dying, the ugly, the abnormal. The dull minds of the zombies cried out only in anger and misery at those more fortunate than them, namely living humans. They grew in number until there were about twenty-five to thirty of them. The one closest to reaching the woman was shot through the zombie's breastplate, causing it to fall on its back. Since the bones of the undead were softer than that of the living, the bullet passed through the spine of the zombie as well, removing it from its wretched existence. The other zombies were closer now that the woman decided to stop and attack and let out new shouts, but they were led into another chase. Some of the closer zombies received slashes on their chests or severed limbs, but it did not stall their advance much. Once she darted out of their sight into the large Complex they poured in through the door and clambered into the stairwell behind her. Inside the Office Complex, there were very little places to hide, and most of the rooms were already inhabited by zombies. However, the closer to the top of the building one got, the less populated the rooms became. Luckily, there were no zombies lingering in the halls and most doors to rooms were either open or ripped off their hinges entirely. The zombies found it harder to chase Loretta through the stairwells, tripping over stairs and each other as they squeezed their massive numbers into the tight walkways. This might give her enough time to search for a room or continue to climb higher. However, two zombies broke off from the pack and were able to resume their chase at normal speed. One of them had a slash on its chest from Loretta's machete and the other had no limbs after repeated attempts to attack her. The one with no limbs lunged forward, quicker now without the weight of its arms. It opened its mouth with a gurgling roar as it tried to bite her. (not eat her)

Known Survivor Population: 1
Number of Zombies: 13
Zombie Concentration: Moderately Low
Danger Level: Very Low

The leftover zombies that had gathered at the amusement park began to growl louder when they saw a human woman climbing up higher. Some of them began to jump, trying to reach the top so that they could climb over the fence to get inside. One of them had success, getting a grip on the top of the fence and hauling itself over. Now the other zombies had begun to copy that zombie's actions to follow it and attack Xenia. The lone zombie that made it over dashed at Xenia, jumping to try and catch her before she could get out of its reach. The chorus of the remaining zombies only intensified with their frustration and inability to climb over the fence.

[[OOC: Oh, well that's bizarre and unfortunate. Sorry to hear that that happened!]]
Wyrda Stenr

Yoshielite
Vice Captain

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:39 am
Alexander Ashewell

User Image Alexander ran down the halls, as much as he could with his knees,and quickly went into the woodshop classroom, making sure to close the door as quietly as possible.He wasn't sure if any zombies had seen and decided to go after him, so he quickly glanced around the class. There was no lock on the door, not that he had keys to anyway, and he needed something to barricade himself in. Wait a second... Crap, no use anyway. Realizing the door opened outwards, so blocking the doorway would in no way impede zombies from opening the door, he decided it would be best the just slide out of the doorway and stand next to it, on the side the door didn't open into of course, and wait to see if any zombies followed him an came in. He thought about drawing his pistol, but if he fired, the sound a gunshot would certainly bring the rest of the group. Keeping his sword at the ready, he gazed about the class, while still keeping watch over the door with his ears, waiting for the sound of the door opening. He could see plank, nails, and some basic tools, good. What he didn't see, was how to get any of this back, not good. Most of the planks were large, which was good. He didn't know a whole ton about wood, but he did know that once you cut it, you can;t un-cut it. Bigger meant more error, but more importantly, large scale projects. But with the tools, Alexander figured that if he could find a rolling garbage can, he could maybe get the nails and small things back to the library. Except rolling wheels, most assuredly gummed up ones, were a bit noisy, so he'd have to hope the horde moved on before doing so.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 5:53 pm
Zombie Concentration: Moderate, in clusters
Number of Infected: 40
Danger Level: Medium

User ImageUser Image

Incoming Horde!

Zombies poured in through the front door, trampling any that fell during the process. They had lost sight of any humans, but they still gushed forward into the halls, spreading out as they did so. Some ran into classrooms only to find them empty and stopped, lost as to how to proceed. Others were attracted by the noise of the zombies that were banging on the back door to the swimming pool. A small group ran over to the door and began pounding on it from inside as well, not knowing what was on the other side. After a couple of minutes of constant attacking, the door finally gave way to the horde, beginning a small battle between the two groups before they gave up fighting each other and ran to break down the door to the gymnasium.

A group of about fifteen zombies were left in the hallways after losing many to dead-end classrooms and the noise in the gymnasium. They continued to run down the hallways, some even stopping to pound down doors to other classrooms. a group of six zombies had managed to make their way down towards the applied education wing with the woodshop and art rooms. A group of three stopped at the door to the woodshop and pounded on the door while the others ran to further rooms. What was unfortunate about the hordes was that although they were not smart enough to make tactics, they were so large in number and had selective attention that they would be able to split up easily and cover a lot of ground. The three zombies flailed against the door to the woodshop, which opened up easily. One fell forward on the floor and was stepped over as the other two sprinted into the room. One of them ran over into the far corner of the shop and seemed to stop, confused by reaching a dead end. Another one ran around growling and barking like a mad dog with too much energy. It had not spotted Alexander yet, but the one that was recovering from the floor had noticed feet nearby it. It reached out and grabbed a hold of Alexander's shoe with a grunt and tried to stand while keeping its grip on him.

[[OOC: ...]]
MarukawaBubbleGum

The_Sane_Hatter

Yoshielite
Vice Captain

Wyrda Stenr
Captain

Invisible Streaker

10,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:41 pm
User ImageUser Image

Loretta Degas
&
Xenia Manchezler

User Image

Loretta stomped up the stairs as quickly as she could, not even bothering about the noise she was making. Now was not the time to try and be sneaky. Not with the giant zombie mob trailing after her. She could hear the loud bangs as they tripped over each other and collided into the stairs. Their growls of frustration and anger made her all that more desperate to find somewhere to hide. Anywhere was fine. A room, a closet, a fire escape... Anything! She passed by hallways, the doors ripped off to allow a view of the ransacked halls. Some items from the rooms were taken out and thrown into the halls. Looks like some of it was thrown against the walls judging from the huge holes. Could have been zombies too. They could really do damage. Speaking of which... She glanced behind her and almost tripped over her own feet in surprise. Two of the zombies had managed to get ahead of the crowd and were within hitting distance. She turned around, trying to back up the stairs with no success. She glanced to her left and dived into a hallway. The two zombies followed, the mob following slowly behind. The one closest to her had no arms and it's jaws were wide open so that it could bite her. She lifted up her arm with the pistol, flinching as pain flared from her shoulder. She ignored it and fired a round into its head just as it got close enough to her (close enough to hit her if it had arms). It fell to the ground and she didn't even wait for the sound of its body hitting the floor before she moved onto the next closest zombie. She fired a bullet into this one too, not wanting to waste the few seconds she had using her machete. 

Loretta didn't even wait to see if that zombie had fallen too before jumping into a hopefully empty room. She looked around for a moment. There wasn't a door that she could shut to keep the zombies out. The closet was a bad idea because all it is is corners. Looks like the window. Why was she always climbing out of windows? She looked behind her and didn't wait for the zombies to finish coming through the door to open the window and jump out onto the ledge. She stepped to the side and heard the frustrated growls of the zombie mob in the room. A few reached out of the window and she stomped one boot down on the hand of one, rewarded with a satisfying crunch. She then turned her head slowly, looking for a nearby open window. There wasn't a lot of room on this ledge. One wrong move and she would be sent plummeting to her death. She clicked on the safety of her pistol and placed it in her pocket since she couldn't put it in her bag. She reached behind her and searched for a handhold. It wouldn't do much but she didn't feel safe this high up.

Loretta located an open window in jumping distance. She glanced at the window, which now had zombies leaning out of it. She leaned away from them and didn't need someone to tell her before she twisted to the side and pushed herself off of the ledge. She reached over to grab at the ledge of the next door window but a zombie managed to get itself far enough out of the window to knock her off balance. She had a moment of crystal clear reality, everything slowing down, before her fingers brushed the rough surface of the ledge. She didn't even have time to think before she had nothing under her feet but air... And then there was a loud, metallic bang and excruciating pain in her stomach and chest. She looked down and groaned loudly. She wasn't sure if she should be glad for the idiots that tried to shove something out of a window or not. She couldn't even make out what it was, just that it was far enough out to just barely catch her. But she was at least glad she wasn't a smear on the pavement. She looked up at the window she had tried jumping from earlier. Had she fallen that far? Zombies peered down at her. She didn't want to wait for them to try jumping down after her so she pushed herself up. She didn't even notice that she had accidently had her machete digging into her arm. She automatically put it into her golf bag and pulled herself through a gap between the window frame and the metal object. She didn't want for the zombies to come back down the stairs and attack her so she ran out of the room, down the stairs, and then out the nearest exit.

--------------------

Xenia noticed the zombies as they reached the fence and the successful sounding noise of a zombie pulling itself over the fence. It wasn't too hard to mistake. She looked down and growled in annoyance. A zombie had found a way over the fence and had reached the ladder. It looked up at her and jumped, reaching its arms up towards her in a hopeful attempt at reaching her. It just barely made it to the bottom of her shoe, brushing the leather with bony fingers. The next time it jumped up she suddenly stepped down one rung and slammed the heel of her boot into its face. The impact caused it to flail as it went down. It groaned and got back up as if nothing had happened. An injury like that to a normal human would have definitely knocked them out and probably give them a massive nosebleed. She didn't want to wait for it to get back up or for the other zombies to reach her. She climbed up the ladder to the metal platform that stood alongside the coaster tracks. She sat on its edge and looked down at the gathering zombies. She was thankful that most of them were stupid. She then lifted an automatic assault rifle and pointed it down at the horde. The sound of firing bullets in rapid succession pierced the air of the Amusement Park.

[ Lol, it's quite alright. xD Ohhh, Loretta fellll... ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 3:55 am
Wilhelm Steinherz

"Verrücktes Wunderkind"

User Image
☢Just Another Day Here:☢ On a roof of one of the Apartments.
☠Other Survivors I’m With:☠ None.
☠And I'm:☠ Chasing after a ghost.
☠What’s On My Mind:☠ There's no way...
☠OOC:☠ ((...))

Wilhelm tried to take deep breaths to recuperate from his recent mishap and battle, but he had to take shorter breaths because of the condition his stomach was in. That infected had really done a number on his stomach with that one perfectly placed blow... it seemed almost unreal at how precise it was. If it wasn't a normal zombie, he would have thought that the thing was a damn genius. He stifled a groan as he rolled over onto his side and felt the pain from both the zombie's blow and gravity's. He sat himself up and looked back out onto the streets. The noise from the horde had died down a lot, so he assumed that they entered one of the buildings. The only one with a door that wasn't locked and closed seemed to be the large Office Complex, so he assumed that's where the person went... and the zombies. He sighed, knowing that he wouldn't forgive himself if he didn't at least try to help another survivor out. This one didn't seem to be stupid or noisy, but they did run into a building with no real way out besides back out the front door.

He was proved wrong in a matter of seconds. He had begun to hear the yells of the zombies getting closer again, but they sounded like they were higher up. He craned his neck up to look at the windows and was a bit confused by what he saw. A person seemed to be climbing out of the window and onto a narrow ledge. Maybe they aren't so bright after all... or they might know their way around that building more than anyone else. He shook his head as if he tried to physically ward of his thoughts. It didn't matter to him in the least, and it wouldn't help trying to analyze semantics. He watched as the person nimbly went to descend to a different ledge... but a zombie intercepted them and sent them plummeting. His face grew taught with a grim expression, expecting to hear a pulpy smack and either silence or a lot of painful yelling. He picked up his pistol and made sure it was ready to be used- whether on the incoming horde or to put a near dead survivor out of misery. Before he got too serious, he heard a loud clang that sounded as if the person had hit something before the pavement. He looked over and was surprised to see a person at almost the same level as him height-wise at the far end of the apartments, draped uncomfortable over a metal desk that was protruding out of a window for some untold reason. Lucky... he noted mentally, Who in their right mind would try to push a desk out of a window, anyway?

He was broken out of his train of thought when the person got up and clambered inside. He could only guess that they were going to try to get out of the building now. Since the only exit left in that place was the exit, he knew where they would come from. He mentally prepared himself for the inevitable fight to come and the strain he was about to put on his body. Wilhelm cracked his neck with a slight smile and picked up an end of the ladder, dragging it to the edge of the roof. He had a decent idea for a means of escape, but did not know if the other survivor would be able to, let alone want to. Every survivor he had found since the day he almost died in the other city had been either extremely loud, extremely stupid, extremely crazy, or any combination of the three. He sighed and shrugged to no one in particular. Maybe sticking my neck out will give me some good karma... he thought sarcastically as he lowered the ladder over the edge of the roof to the outside streets. He noticed that the area was clear of zombies- that was very good. He did not want to be caught while trying to escape.

He carefully climbed down the ladder, noting how he definitely had some major bruising across his stomach muscles. He decided to simply ignore the pain for now- a diagnosis wouldn't do him any good, and he didn't want to be caught unprepared while trying to take some pain pills. He had some on him too, and anti-inflammatories, just in case. He quickly crossed down the street towards the door of the Office Complex, all the while looking around for any zombies. He was relieved when he saw none around and then turned around as both he and the survivor approached the front of the building. The survivor had just run out of the Office Complex as he was about to walk up the steps to the door. He froze in place so quickly, surprised by what he saw. To be more accurate, he was more surprised by who he saw. His eyebros shot up in surprise, complimenting his widened eyes. Es ist unglaublich... he thought. He couldn't help but say something.

"...Loretta?"

Yoshielite
Vice Captain

The_Sane_Hatter

Wheezing Shade

8,200 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:54 pm
Alexander Ashewell

User Image Snapping to attention, Alexander tried his hardest to shrink against he wall as the zombies banged on, and subsequently opened, the door. As two zombies ran past past him, he would have been relieved, if he hadn't been startled by the third zombie latching onto his foot. As the zombie tried to pull Alexander over, he brought his sword down on the zombies forearm, severing it. As the zombie managed to get out the beginnings of a wail, he silenced it by plunging the blade deep into it's skull, right through the glabella. Looking up, Alexander could see that the other two zombies had heard, and were charging back. Panicking, Alexander charged the closest and more hyperactive zombie, wildly slashing at it's face, and managed to clip it, cutting halfway into the skull. Pulling the sword back, took a step forward to get better footing, and tripped on the hand still gripping firmly to his shoe. Falling face first on the floor, Alexander dropped his sword, the metal clanign against the floor, in order to put his arms in front of his face, preventing him from cracking his skull on the hard floor. He struggled to get up, as the last zombie was already on him, hammering him with it's balled fists. Alexander kicked at the zombies shins, and felt rotted joint give way slightly as the zombie toppled over. However, it persisted, latching onto his leg with one arm and flailing wildly with the other. Sword out of reach, Alexander panicked, and drew his gun. Snapping the safety off, he aimed and fired, sending a 9mm round through the right side of the zombie's skull with a loud crack, and watched the remaining life drain from it's eyes. Dazed, Alexander looked down at the gun in his hand before snapping back into focus, hearing zombies still in the hall. He had no doubt a good number of zombies had heard that.
".....Why the ******** did I.... COME ON WORLD! WHY TODAY?"

He quickly got to his feet, prying the dead limbs from his legs. He grabbed his sword, holding it in his left hand and keeping his gun in the right. He was deep in it now. He ran out of the shop room, and could see more zombies in the hall. He fired two shots at one, killing it with the second round, before taking off in the direction away from the front office. He needed to find a way out, either to the roof, or a back door.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:45 pm
User ImageUser Image

Loretta Degas
&
Xenia Manchezler

User Image

As soon as Loretta made it out the door of the Office Complex she stopped running and dropped her machete in her golf bag before placing both hands on her knees to lean over and try to catch her breath. She was breathing hard and occasionally it caught in her throat as the breaths jarred her now extremely sore stomach and chest. She practically felt sore all over. Her injured shoulder was still injured, her entire chest and stomach area was probably bruised a black and blue, her legs protested from the running, and now a dull and stinging ache had started up in her arm. She couldn't tell if there was a bruise there or a cut because she was pretty much covered in blood. She wasn't completely soaked but there were large patches splattered on her. She couldn't tell what was her blood and what wasn't. That was a problem because then she couldn't tell how seriously injured she was. She groaned softly and combed her fingers through her messy hair. She wasn't sure if she should sit there for awhile or try going back to the Amusement Park. Either path could hold zombies. Those in the Office building she just came from could decide to come back down the stairs and, upon finding her sitting at the door, beat her into a senseless pulp or she could get attacked on her way back to the park. The park sounded like a better idea. Less likely to be beaten into a pulp.

Loretta took in a deep breath, hissing at the pain in her chest. She would have to suck it up. This was not the day or age to act weak. She straightened up and finally noticed that someone was standing right in front of her. She started in surprise, reaching towards her pocket for her previously discarded pistol. But this figure wasn't running towards her to attack her. Just standing there with a surprised look.  She hadn't even heard them approach. Not even when he spoke did she hear anything. But she recognized this figure. It was hard to forget the face she was looking for. It was matter of believing it was the actual person or just a figure of her imagination. She stared at his face in complete surprise before leaning forward slightly as if it would give her a better angle. "Wilhelm?" She could hardly believe it was actually him and she didn't move any closer in case it wasn't. She didn't have such good luck that she would find him the first day she explored this city. She expected that it would have taken at least a few weeks. 

"Is that really you?" Loretta asked, stepping closer towards him when he did not move. Her disbelief and surprise had all but made her forget about the state her body is in. She reached up and placed both hands on his cheeks and jawline so that she could angle his head down and look at his eyes. The feeling of warm, living skin beneath her hands was evidence enough that she wasn't seeing a ghost or figment of the imagination. Yet she still had a bit of a hard time getting over the fact that she had found him so quickly and that he seemed to be fine.

--------------------

Xenia looked down at the recently executed horde of zombies, a pile of rotting limbs and flesh that was as soft as butter. She placed her gun across her lap, the metal warm to the touch from the friction and work it was exerting to propel the bullets forward. She did not move from her perch on the platform. She would wait awhile just in case any of the zombies were still living or some decided to be late comers and just show up.

Wyrda Stenr
Captain

Invisible Streaker

10,050 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Popular Thread 100

Yoshielite
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:06 am
Number of Infected: 30
Known Mutated Zombie Population: 1?

User ImageUser Image

Incoming Horde!

After Alexander had dispatched of a few zombies and made the loud mistake of firing into one when an entire horde was nearby, the zombies that had previously been stumped by empty rooms turned and ran towards the noise, growling along the way. They heard the noise of a human, and a loud one at that. One zombie had just reached the doorway to the woodshop when it was shot clean through and then killed by the following bullet. The zombies saw the human running away from the office and ran after him. Unfortunately for Alexander, some of the zombies that had gone further had heard the gunshot and yelling as well. They came at him in from the direction he was running in, forming an impromptu trap of sorts. As they closed in, a loud blood-curdling howl pierced the sky, echoing through the hallways and reaching the ears of the zombies. They stood still while practically surrounding Alexander, craning their heads towards the windows lining the hallway walls.

Meanwhile, the zombies that had burst through the doors into the swimming pool had broken through the small glass panes in the doors, swinging their limbs through as if they would be able to better reach Dylan and Ema. There was a gunshot that reported through the halls, causing some of the zombies to turn from the door. Two more followed not too shortly after. If they didn't know already, now they knew there was another survivor in the school. As the zombies broke down part of the door, a horrifying howl ripped through the air, causing all of the zombies to stop and look out the door leading to the hallways.

The howling continued on, causing all of the zombies to become distracted by it, but then some turned to attack their targets again. As they swung out, they immediately stopped without hitting the people, turning away and running out to follow the noises as they yelled. It was almost as if the noise was luring them over, or as if some otherworldly presence directed them towards the sound. The survivors would never know. The zombies ran back out the way they came in, leaving the survivors in a once again empty school.

MarukawaBubbleGum

The_Sane_Hatter

Known Survivor Population: 2
Number of Infected: 20

User Image

Some of the zombies did not hesitate jumping after Loretta, smacking into the pavement below and turning into a bloody pulp. Others turned around and ran back down the hallway, trying to find where the human could have gone. Their yells and shouts got louder as they clambered down the stairs, heading for the street outside. After a bit of time had passed and the zombies had begun to make their way outside, a howl came from far off in the direction of the Movie Theater. The zombies that came out of the building seemed to stand still, craning their necks up to try and figure out where it came from. The howling repeated again and the zombies ran off in its direction, completely ignoring Wilhelm and Loretta.

Wyrda Stenr

[26] Survival

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 ... 17 18 19 20 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces