Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Cross dressing tips Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AmeliaParadox

Perfect Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 2:10 am
With make-up, less is more, unless you are going for a drag-queen-ish kinda look.

But since High School, even after transitioning full time, for me it's always been,
black eye liner, black eye shadow, mascara, and foundation.

Clothing, get girls tops/tshirts and jeans from hot topic or something like that, it looks good on most people and you could finish it with a really nice jacket/sweater to hide the shoulder issue, the stuff you can have more fun with are like necklaces and jewellery and hair stuff, you can make most hairstyles look girly with a headband and bow.

That's all I can offer, unless you actually want to grow your hair, I went to hairdressing college, so know a lot about that kinda thing.

cat_smile  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:25 pm
I go for skinny jeans with long, lose flowing shirts... High heeled boots can be good too, as long as you're not too tall already, and in summer I wear wedged sandals with brightly painted toenails... Don't know about hair,mine reaches my waist so I don't need to do much with it, but if its short maybe have a look at how girls with a pixie cut style there's?

Make up is my favourite - make sure you get a shade of foundation that matches your skin tone, and if your mum is comfortable with it, maybe she can give you lessons? Otherwise there are tutorials online, or you can ask (I worked at a makeup counter, plus got pretty comfortable with makeup when I did ballet...) Go for a natural look if you just wanna blend in - I'm talking nude colours, just to help make you look a bit more feminine... Don't try to change the shape of anything, especially your lips, or you'll end up looking like a drag queen! Subtle eyeshadow, small bit of eyeliner, some mascara if you need it... A bit of blush to highlight cheekbones, and a lip gloss...

With cross dressing, less is usually more. Good luck!

Edit: Also, just thought of something... Check your eyebrows! Women have narrower, more defined brows, so you may need to pluck yours... Keep it natural, maybe have a look at women who have similar facial structures as your for ideas... That was the first thing my sister made me do when I started cross dressing...  

I AM R U

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200

SilentVex

Married Hellraiser

11,725 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Champion Cardholder 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 1:28 am
AmeliaParadox

That's all I can offer, unless you actually want to grow your hair, I went to hairdressing college, so know a lot about that kinda thing.

^^"" Sooo many more people than I'd thought who'd come to my rescue here. Really at awe with the number of individuals who posted. Left in the quote because yeah, I'm growing it out long as I can. With a dad who wouldn't support me at all I can only grow so much after all...

I AM R U

The eyebrows one is something I thought of but again, only so much I can do without getting dad upset. I've gotten at least one over skype lesson from a friend on make up application, plus my sister has offered to teach me, so im not too concerned with learning. Thank you again for the help though~ intending to start experimenting in a couple of days since dad's home all day tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 2:21 am
easy to deal with dad, buy a guitar and call it glam rock cat_xp  

AmeliaParadox

Perfect Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200

Emo Kuromi Nui

Everyday Loiterer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 5:32 pm
I'm terrible with advice, I think you need to learn to sew your own clothing...  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:17 pm
AmeliaParadox

Then he'd have two reasons to be upset with me. ^^"  

SilentVex

Married Hellraiser

11,725 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

AmeliaParadox

Perfect Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:22 pm
SilentVex
AmeliaParadox

what's with this guy? was he 20 in 1930 and time travelled to the future to have a family? cat_razz  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:26 pm
AmeliaParadox
SilentVex
AmeliaParadox

what's with this guy? was he 20 in 1930 and time travelled to the future to have a family? cat_razz

Might've been, I don't know. He's pretty intolerant of most things. Heck, during the time I thought I was bisexual (panromantic in the end) I was terrified of telling him.

He has good taste of music (and if my mom's personality is anything to judge by, women as well) but yeah, I'm thinking he was born in the 60's and grew up in the 30's. The 1830's that is.  

SilentVex

Married Hellraiser

11,725 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

AmeliaParadox

Perfect Sex Symbol

8,550 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:28 pm
SilentVex
AmeliaParadox
SilentVex
AmeliaParadox

Might've been, I don't know. He's pretty intolerant of most things. Heck, during the time I thought I was bisexual (panromantic in the end) I was terrified of telling him.

He has good taste of music (and if my mom's personality is anything to judge by, women as well) but yeah, I'm thinking he was born in the 60's and grew up in the 30's. The 1830's that is.
My dad was born in the 50s and he was always great.... cat_sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 25, 2013 10:30 pm
AmeliaParadox
My dad was born in the 50s and he was always great.... cat_sweatdrop

I did emphasize the 1830's. But we're getting off topic sortta. Thank you very much for the help, hugs and kisses and all that. ^^"

If you would like to keep talking PM me. Love having conversations with new people.  

SilentVex

Married Hellraiser

11,725 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Lagomorphine

Golden Girl

14,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:06 am
SilentVex
And I wasn't sure where this topic *should* go, so I decided to ask it here figuring that maybe I could get the help I'd need without breaking any rules.

So uhm, Hi. I'm Vex, and recently I've started to cross dress as a girl. and I rather like it, I feel comfortable in female clothing to be honest. But I'm having, issues finding things that fit me just right.

Maybe I should explain why I'm posting this, Today I told my mom about this cross dressing thing and she was open to it. Confused a bit obviously but, open. She even drove me and my sisters way out of town to find me clothing to wear (since I didn't *have* my own blouses or dresses or anything). Except, we were going for the stuff that was *borderline* male/female since my dad is NOT open to the idea, so not open we dont even risk telling him.

So when I start trying on some shirts (very pretty ones too~~) only one really fit, because my shoulders are too wide for the mediums we tried and (as I don't have breasts) the collars on the Larges were too low on my chest. This really made me sad and upset with my body, still is (yeah it's only been a day but, oh well. I feel what I feel right?). We bought some pastel *girly* male shirts to make up for it (their words not mine) but, I still wish I could've fit into the others.

I wanna know, is there anyone else out there who's had this problem? And did you find a way around it? I'd really appreciate any help or tips you guys could give to me to successfully cross dress, or at least how to find clothing that fits nicely. Doesn't have to be a tip about clothing or make up either, since I'm purposely intending to seem like a girl as much as possible. I just need help. v.v

If you do not mind me asking, where are you from? (I know some stores in both Canada and America that might have what you are looking for.)  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:26 am
-xi-your-fallen-angel
SilentVex
And I wasn't sure where this topic *should* go, so I decided to ask it here figuring that maybe I could get the help I'd need without breaking any rules.

So uhm, Hi. I'm Vex, and recently I've started to cross dress as a girl. and I rather like it, I feel comfortable in female clothing to be honest. But I'm having, issues finding things that fit me just right.

Maybe I should explain why I'm posting this, Today I told my mom about this cross dressing thing and she was open to it. Confused a bit obviously but, open. She even drove me and my sisters way out of town to find me clothing to wear (since I didn't *have* my own blouses or dresses or anything). Except, we were going for the stuff that was *borderline* male/female since my dad is NOT open to the idea, so not open we dont even risk telling him.

So when I start trying on some shirts (very pretty ones too~~) only one really fit, because my shoulders are too wide for the mediums we tried and (as I don't have breasts) the collars on the Larges were too low on my chest. This really made me sad and upset with my body, still is (yeah it's only been a day but, oh well. I feel what I feel right?). We bought some pastel *girly* male shirts to make up for it (their words not mine) but, I still wish I could've fit into the others.

I wanna know, is there anyone else out there who's had this problem? And did you find a way around it? I'd really appreciate any help or tips you guys could give to me to successfully cross dress, or at least how to find clothing that fits nicely. Doesn't have to be a tip about clothing or make up either, since I'm purposely intending to seem like a girl as much as possible. I just need help. v.v

If you do not mind me asking, where are you from? (I know some stores in both Canada and America that might have what you are looking for.)

Good reason enough. United States. ^.^  

SilentVex

Married Hellraiser

11,725 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Lagomorphine

Golden Girl

14,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sat Sep 21, 2013 4:30 am
SilentVex
-xi-your-fallen-angel
SilentVex

Ok. hm.
x. x Again if you do not mind me asking, what State? (it helps be get an idea on which place to look into for you.)
I'm transgender so I look into places like this.
Then again, I am small framed.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:20 am
-xi-your-fallen-angel
SilentVex
-xi-your-fallen-angel
SilentVex

Ok. hm.
x. x Again if you do not mind me asking, what State? (it helps be get an idea on which place to look into for you.)

Minnesota (about as detailed as I'm going to get). ^.^"  

SilentVex

Married Hellraiser

11,725 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Married 100

Lagomorphine

Golden Girl

14,750 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 9:08 am
SilentVex
-xi-your-fallen-angel
SilentVex
-xi-your-fallen-angel
SilentVex

Ok. hm.

Minnesota (about as detailed as I'm going to get). ^.^"

That is all I need :> I will do my research and hopefully find a place to shop at.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff